The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b10What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b11What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b10What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b11What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b1065%What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b106%What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b1018%What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b106%What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b100%What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?

Go down 
+3
Black Heart
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
7 posters

RP-PvE (Roleplay- Player vs. Enemy)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b1046%What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12
 46% [ 6 ]
RP-PvP (Roleplay - Player vs. Player)
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b1015%What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12
 15% [ 2 ]
I will go wherever the guild goes.
What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b1038%What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Vote_b12
 38% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Empty
PostSubject: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Ok this is a just hypothetical question, but if they were to follow the trend of many current MMO's nowadays, what kind of roleplay server would you like to see yourself & the guild on?

If you're not sure what they mean click on the links below:

PvE (Player versus Enviroment)

PvP (Player versus Player)
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:49 pm

I voted PVE.

To be honest, I like pvp but feel it needs to be kept seperate from RP. I've played a fair few games and have never seen an RP-PVP server work effectively.

Essentially those who are more interested in RP will always get their collective arses handed to them by those more interested in PVP as the PlayerKillers would have spent all their time collecting the latest "L33T Mad-Skillz EPix gear" whereas the rp'ers will have spent their time developing their characters. From a game-mechanics perspective, the moment the two meet in a fight in-game, the Pvp'er will wipe the floor with the RP'er. Its sad, but true.

In all honesty, I wouldnt even roll a character on an RP-PvP server.

Just my 2 cents worth geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:51 pm

I voted to go wherever the guild goes, because I will. But I have to agree with LW that PvP and RP never go together well. Roleplaying isn't about competition. PvP is nothing but competition and no one will ever be equal, and on that spectrum, like LW said, we would be subordinate. So, wherever the guild goes is fine with me. But I recommend a regular RP server. The L33T gamers call us Carebears. But we will always know that we are Darth Carebears.

Edit! I think there should be a toggle PvP on a PvE server, so there can be all out guild wars, whether that can be FFA, I don't care either way.

Last edited by Black Heart on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Like the nature & background of the guilld, I am staying COMPLETELY neutral on this. But I will say what appeals to me about both:

PVE

1.) I've been told there is more focus on RP then there is on a PvP server and THAT is vital to me.
2,) I've never had a bad experience on a RP-PvE server

PvP

1.) I'm a big PvP fan and it is a BIG part of what I like to do in MMO's and I like the idea of being in a truly open world which mirrors at least some realism.
2.) I've never tried it before.

When the times comes for the guild to choose a server I WILL be leaving it up to the members to decide. Whatever gets the most votes wins. As you can probably tell by now, I want you guys to know that you have a say in the larger matters.

alien
Back to top Go down
Raiflaine
Registered
Registered
Raiflaine

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:43 am

i voted for pve, because i can see some poeple on pvp severs just runing up and ganking you whilest your just sitting around talking to people and the such, and that would just ruin the whole rp for me, plues its not like we can pvp on a pve server there will be places built that alows for are pvp needs
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:11 am

Another point to consider is that even on an RP-PvE server, there are likely to be pvp sections / areas of the game-world. You would (if BioWare stick to the format a lot of other games use) probably need to set certain criteria to be flagged pvp (such as walk into a pvp area).

I'm a big fan of that way of doing things, it means you have a degree of control, you get to decide if you wish to continue with character / story development or just run in and hone your combat skills against other players.

Nothing puts me off an MMORPG more than starting the game for the first time, learning the controls and hud-options only to have a lvl xxxx de-cloak behind you, gank you and then do /spit and /dance on your corpse.

Not that I'm bitter or anything Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:23 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
To be honest, I like pvp but feel it needs to be kept seperate from RP.
I said I'd go wherever the guild goes. But as Lunarwaolf says PvP is great but opening the whole world to being attacked doesn't work. Players should have some sort of freedom of travel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:54 am

I've never played on a PvP server before as I don't like the idea of being surrounded by kids who only care about upping their kill scores.

But something to consider is the RP function of our guild. This would suit a PvP server very well indeed. But will the larger gaming experience suffer as a result?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:00 am

The more I think about it, the more I realise that RP-PvE makes more sense to be honest. As I said I think the RP is first and foremost the most important aspect of this guild, and you're right ganking kids everywhere would take away a ton of immersion.
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:13 am

Redwatch wrote:
I've never played on a PvP server before as I don't like the idea of being surrounded by kids who only care about upping their kill scores.

But something to consider is the RP function of our guild. This would suit a PvP server very well indeed. But will the larger gaming experience suffer as a result?

I agree that our guild would fit well into a PvP server gameplay wise. But RP being as significant as it is, think PvE is still the better choice; the community will decide which server is the real RP server though. Even on a PvE server with PvP areas we would still have a place in aiding other guilds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:41 am

I'll go wherever the guild goes Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:40 am

I know PvP is not a popular choice, so I'll present my case:

We are a bounty hunter guild. We work with the element of surprise. In a PvE server, you have to be accepted to start a fight. Therefore, you cannot have said element of surprise. Imagine you want to snipe someone's head, how can you do it when they're protected by the system? How can you turn traitor and hold a gun to a gang bosses head - if there is no real threat? I just don't see it working for us, I'm I'm sure in a franchise such as Star Wars, even PvP will have good roleplaying. And, if people want to interupt our conversations, then they can, just like real life.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:06 pm

PVE is the server i main character, but i will try out PVP to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On?   What RP Server You Would You Prefer To Go On? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1