The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b10Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b11Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b10Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b11Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b1065%Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b106%Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b1018%Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b100%Odal Temple Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Odal Temple Discussion Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Odal Temple Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Odal Temple Discussion Thread   Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:34 am

Odal Temple Discussion Thread OdalHeader-1

Please use this thread if you have and questions/suggestions/comments about Odal Temple, the Guild-Lore home of the Force Adepts of E.P.O.C.H. based on Korriban.

You can read the Guild Lore section HERE and it can also be found on the E.P.O.C.H. Wiki HERE under the "E.P.O.C.H. Freeholds" Section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Odal Temple Discussion Thread   Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:50 am

Once again LW you have really amazed me with the detail in your work, this almost makes me want to make my alt my main, I sure (when I think of his name) my alt will be spending some time here in the Archives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Odal Temple Discussion Thread   Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Cheers Tando!

I'm really looking forward to what Sure has planned on Hutta for the Mercs & Spies though, he's keeping it all well under wraps!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Odal Temple Discussion Thread   Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:15 pm

I see that the idea of Aleina leading the "wing" of force-users has finally materialised. This is an awesome write up, the same if not better level of quality as with the Hyperion. You did underline bits that you didn't need to though, but that's trivial compared to the great job on the whole. Is this where you'll be using my skull idea, may I ask? You did say you wanted to use it on some mysterious project of yours. Unfortunately, I doubt that Sharho will be using it a lot. I want him to have a distant feel, directly opposed to Skursir who sticks to his superiors like glue (a very, very loyal glue).
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Odal Temple Discussion Thread   Odal Temple Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:15 am

Aye well more may be added to the write up or become apparent through Roleplay / Short Stories. For example, I don't see the Force Users as being quite as close-knit as the Hunters and Agents, due mostly to their personalities and egos.

Its best to consider Odal Temple to be like a "Force-User's Library and Training Facility" rather than a military installation where they all follow orders of some form of commander. The Force Users can't really be "ordered" to do anything, although the Warriors are more likely to militarian in their attitudes than the Inquisitors. You could almost consider the Temple to be a place for them to expand their own personal power base, its just that its exclusive to EPOCHians.

Although Aleina is technically 'in-charge', she takes no apprentices and is not a member of the Sith Order, she encourages individualism and specialization in the Force Adepts rather than group dynamics or tactics. Her Force Powers and knowledge base are considerable for someone her age however, so people often come to her looking to learn new techniques or for a less focused philosophical stand-point. While she keeps most of her teachings highly secret, she considers anyone who has been approved by the Falleen worthy and will not hinder them perusing any avenue of knowledge and power that they wish to explore and will even aid them on their path.

This willingness to help others reach their potential (though she will only do this if it benefits the Agency) means that EPOCHians are not restrained by Jedi dogma or Sith rituals, they are free to learn and explore anything they find in the Holocron archive. The Force Adepts of the Agency are provided with as much knowledge and training on all the ways of the Force that she can discover, in an attempt to make them as powerful as they can be in service of their Employer. This also allows her to keep an eye on any signs of over-confidence or possible defection before it arises.

With regards to the Skull emblem I was going to actually suggest it was used by The Freelancers!
I was just waiting until we have an official Guild Logo before suggesting internalized "symbols" that we use inside the Agency to recognize each other out in the field. I personally thought the skull emblem gave the Freelancers a great mercenary feel without revealing to people outside of The Agency that they were connected to E.P.O.C.H.
I thought it would make sense that our Agents would have some way to recognize Freelancers while out on a mission so they don't cross blasters!

With the comment on underlining, did you mean where all of the Holocron Archives is underlined? That's a coding mistake on my part and has been corrected now - I didn't notice it! Embarassed
If however you mean the underlining of each section, thats quite deliberate. I'm continuing it in the same style as I did with Azure Towers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odal Temple Discussion Thread   Odal Temple Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Odal Temple Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1