The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b10Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b11Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b10Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b11Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b1065%Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b106%Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b1018%Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b106%Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b100%Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Empty
PostSubject: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:59 am

Found this and thought you guys might find it interesting.... you can link to the exact page HERE.

Darth Hater 10.05.10 wrote:

Lore Update: Geonosis

While not officially announced as a playable planet in Star Wars: The Old Republic, Geonosis sits with Dantooine and Yavin IV on the list of very possible additions. A very promising candidate, Geonosis is mentioned in multiple forms of marketing: including the Timeline, Biography section, and even the Threat of Peace. This is a very iconic location with an important roll in the films and continued development in books. A closer look at this planet reveals some interesting possibilities if it is included in The Old Republic.

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Geonosisre

History

At one point in time, Geonosis housed a plethora of native species. However, Geonosis's largest moon was struck by a comet, causing massive amounts of debris to rain down on the planet culminating in the killing 99% of all indigenous life. This event also created of a ring a debris that continuously bombarded the planet's surface over millions of years, further destroying the remaining life that managed to survive. Geonosis became an inhospitable, desolate world with most life being forced underground due to extreme environmental conditions, including flash floods and solar radiation storms. Eventually, only the truly cunning, resilient, and merciless species were left alive; Geonosians being chief among them.

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Mandaloreinarenare

Once the Geonosians were able to contact other species, the Baktoid Armor Workshop constructed several droid and weapon foundries on the planet. In addition to this industrial infrastructure, Geonosis was known for the gladiatorial games held in the planet's many arenas. The combatants included Mandalorians, one of which rose to fame with the help of Imperial Intelligence. As a result of these Geonosian games, this champion declared himself the new Mandalore and allied the Mandalorians with the Sith Empire, striking a vicious blow against the Galactic Republic.

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Newmandalorere

Mandalore the Lesser, as he would be known, blockaded the Hydian Way until forced to retreat by Hylo Visz and accompanying Republic forces. As a result, Mandalore the Lesser called the Great Hunt, only to have the winner challenge him to a duel, kill him, and claim the title of the new Mandalore. Using Geonosis as his base of operations, the new Mandalore consolidated power and thwarted an uprising by those who opposed him by supporting the Republic. Mandalore's status is described as secure in his place with the Mandalorians as they remain "cautious, well-paid allies of the Sith Empire."

Speculation

With the new Mandorlore's base of operations on Geonosis, combined with the knowledge that he is looking for a new champion, we speculate that Geonosis may supply players with the opportunity to compete for such a place of honor. This feat could be accomplished through use of the arena system to battle other players and NPCs and/or the performing of various missions and quests.

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Geoarenare

The Mandalorians are currently working with the Sith Empire, however, we feel it would be wrong to assume that Republic players will be left out. Players from either faction may be able to support their respective causes, be it the continued servitude of the Mandalorians to the Empire or possibly working towards turning them to fight the powerful Sith. Warriors love battle, and manipulating these great Mandalorian combatants may be the story focus we see on Genosis.

In Act 2 of the Threat of Peace comic, a Sith guard says, "Fresh merchandise for the Geonosis slave market. Let's pick it up." This statement, while vague, can lead to the conclusion that the slave market on Geonosis is quite lucrative for those willing to venture into such trade. Slaves might be forced to fight in arena matches and perhaps even the Mandolorians use them to some extent. While this might be a simple fact on Geonosis with little player interaction, it is sure to be one of the main story elements of the planet.

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Geonosianre

The fact that Baktoid Armor Workshop constructed several droid and weapon foundries on the planet is also interesting to note; any area of war production would be important to the Sith and the Republic. Similar to our speculation on the industrialized Belsavis, players may be able to fight over these factories in PvP or PvE format; possibly even granting bonuses or access to the faction that is currently in control. Rewards centered around this technological war-machine could include weapons, armor, or even a droid companion or two.

This is certainly an interesting planet with a long history of fighting and destruction. By including Geonosis in Star Wars: The Old Republic as a playable planet, BioWare and LucasArts could offer the opportunity for players to carve out their own place on it's the blood soak arenas and barren landscape. Many have clamored for Geonosis to be included and only time will tell if it will and how its story might shape our future adventures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:17 pm

I dunno it might be I suppose but we have alot of planets I'm not sure we'll have that many more, i cant see the desire to go to that dustbowl either tbh Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:17 am

lol you could say the same for Tattooine but on last check that was pretty popular!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:01 am

Well so far we've had 13 and if my prediction is correct then thats means 3 more to come. I would say any of the following are quite likely:

Geonosis
Yavin IV
Manaan
Dantooine
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:35 am

Sureshot wrote:
Well so far we've had 13 and if my prediction is correct then thats means 3 more to come. I would say any of the following are quite likely:

Geonosis
Yavin IV
Manaan
Dantooine

Your crazy SS Crazy!!!

Tbf it could be a world, it seems like a good PvP enviroment great for Arena battles and gaining faction alliances although I'm not sure if republic players would be allowed there as it seems very seedy.
I'd be interested to see how they make the Geonosians non sucky though big bugs with what looks like an @%&# snout Razz
I think those are all on the money SS actually, Manaan is the least likely though.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:08 am

Haha! Living dangerously, thats me! Razz

There is one other tiny bit of evidence which suggests to me that Geonosis might be in:

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Avatar59

Yup, just a simple avatar of a Geonosian. Seeing as they very rarely leave their own planet I reckon that could well be one of the Devs little hints.

Oh and I've updated my list of planets:

Geonosis
Yavin IV

Manaan (I'm hoping for a water planet as we haven't seen one yet)
Dantooine
Utapau
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:54 am

Geonosis would be a cool idea if it's not for that PvP content that PJK mentionned.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:46 am

I'd pay good money for Manaan to be in the game, I loved that place in KOTOR and the Selkath were just awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis   Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis Empty

Back to top Go down

Darth Hater Prediction: Geonosis
Page 1 of 1