The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b10Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b11Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b10Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b11Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b1065%Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b106%Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b1018%Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b100%Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Empty
PostSubject: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:04 am

Link or its in the spoilers!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 am

"dats some big guns!"

All of that is looking really promising. I can understand why they went with Trooper as a class demo though, its a very generic class without too many 'bellls and whistles' allowing the tester to get their teeth into and really muck about.

....Hurry up, 2011!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Man that's amazing! I can't really express in words how much I would like to get into the action of the game now. Ord Mantell seems a bloody good planet to start on and even though some quests are the original "kill X of Y" its refreshing to see some that aren't! I very much enjoy hearin Haters comment about the wide terrain and the dried out sea, it gives me faith that this game will be gigantic and not just restricted and quite plain.

I can't wait to 2011 and feel that I have to amass the money for my monster-machine right now!
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 am

36809 wrote:
Man that's amazing! I can't really express in words how much I would like to get into the action of the game now. Ord Mantell seems a bloody good planet to start on and even though some quests are the original "kill X of Y" its refreshing to see some that aren't! I very much enjoy hearin Haters comment about the wide terrain and the dried out sea, it gives me faith that this game will be gigantic and not just restricted and quite plain.

I can't wait to 2011 and feel that I have to amass the money for my monster-machine right now!
I so do agree withat... I'm so disappointed when I think SWtOR is to be released next year. We'll just have one year to play it. Remember the end of the world is scheduled for 2012 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:16 am

Great review, thanks PJK. Smile

I have to say I'm really impressed with what I'm hearing about combat in TOR. They seem to have kept it simple but at the same time I'm really happy that the AI is sounding more advanced than any other MMO currently on the market. My only gripe is that I'm fed up with hearing about the bloody Trooper! I can't help but feel it's getting this much exposure because the devs are aware that it'll be one of the least popular classes. Although I have to admit those heavy blasters look like a hell of a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Flippin' brilliant! An excellent article which definitely hits the spot. It was really funny reading about how they tried to die back to the medical bay but the LA overseers stepped in! lol

Not that it ever wasn't the casxe but I think I'd better start saving for my lifetime sub right now... alien
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Speaking of great Darth Hater articles has anyone else read this in-depth interview on story? I found it pretty informative.
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 pm

I just read it Sureshot. Very interesting and I especially love one part.

Daniel Erickson wrote:

Many MMOs are sort of flat or rolling plains with points of interest inside them. Our stuff is hand crafted in every foot, and there's detail and interest in every foot. And the ability to do this, as opposed to BioWare tropes, is one of the things I'd put out there as a hint of things to come.

There's nothing like a game with huge terrain and areas. I absolutely love it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:27 am

Sureshot wrote:
Speaking of great Darth Hater articles has anyone else read this in-depth interview on story? I found it pretty informative.
Thanks for pointing that out, SS Smile. It's all very, very encouraging. Especially reading about the effort they're putting into story content and mechanics:

Erickson wrote:
you get to have arguments and you get to go different directions. Some of the most fun stuff is to write is party chatter. People will actually address you instead of her and you can actually call them back and be like "Hey, excuse me I'm the Sith Lord. You don't talk to the Bounty Hunter -- you talk to me."

And you have decisions where it goes to the decision making process, and one person loses. You decided to kill that person, and your Bounty Hunter friend gets mad. And he is like "hey -- you killed them" And you're like "well, alright, but they are dead, so what do you want me to do about it exactly?" That dynamic is actually really fun.
How great is that? Can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 am

Theres a new video interview from Ten Ton Hammer with Daniel Erickson here if you wanted to check it out guys.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:40 am

When he mentioned what hardcore MMOers want he didnt mention crafting once Wink
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:18 am

I -personnaly- am not interested in crafting. What I hope is that we -I mean the whole RP community- will have enough people and tools to change a simple game into a real Star Wars experience... Though I also hope we'll have some good PvE content.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:22 am

(Soude][Drazzak) wrote:
I -personnaly- am not interested in crafting.
Herasy!
Tnh neither am I however I'm sure it'll be needed to create a longlasting community of people, well at least MMO players who'll be expecting it.
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:30 am

PrioryJK wrote:
however I'm sure it'll be needed to create a longlasting community of people, well at least MMO players who'll be expecting it.
I do agree with you. No MMO would last very long without crafting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:36 am

(Soude][Drazzak) wrote:
PrioryJK wrote:
however I'm sure it'll be needed to create a longlasting community of people, well at least MMO players who'll be expecting it.
I do agree with you. No MMO would last very long without crafting.
I agree but Star Trek Online seems to think it can. Bloomin awful crafting (if you can even call it that) in that game and what I miss the most.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo   Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo Empty

Back to top Go down

Darth Hater GDC Trooper Demo
Page 1 of 1