The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b10Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b11Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b10Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b11Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b1065%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b106%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b1018%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b106%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b100%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT

Go down 
+3
Nex Deus
Sureshot
Harlequin2
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Haha, Boss works for me. And I know what you mean. I completely support in character specieism and intolerance. Racism exists in the real world, there's no reason it wouldn't exist in Star Wars. But I think it's a good rule to prohibit real life racism and intolerance, if anyone ever breaks character.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Well as it says in the rules if there is any real-life discrimination or harrasment of any kind in this guild then the player will automatically be kicked and reported. End of story.

Quote :
Racism exists in the real world, there's no reason it wouldn't exist in Star Wars.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 1:55 am

Black Heart wrote:
Racism exists in the real world, there's no reason it wouldn't exist in Star Wars.

I agree. I think though that any believable organisation which provides a service to the wider public would have anti racism legislation. Especially one that advertises and relies upon a neutral "business is business" policy to garner business whereby the actions of one organisation member reflects on the organisation as a whole. Reputation is paramount.

And such policies don't eradicate the opinions characters may have. My argument isn't as black and white as 'characters shouldn't be racist'. I would think that struggling to keep oneself civil in the face of personal distaste would allow for some great rp opportunities. The friend putting a restraining hand on your arm as you get hotter under the collar, and such.
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 am

Redwatch wrote:
I agree. I think though that any believable organisation which provides a service to the wider public would have anti racism legislation. Especially one that advertises and relies upon a neutral "business is business" policy to garner business whereby the actions of one organisation member reflects on the organisation as a whole. Reputation is paramount.

And such policies don't eradicate the opinions characters may have. My argument isn't as black and white as 'characters shouldn't be racist'. I would think that struggling to keep oneself civil in the face of personal distaste would allow for some great rp opportunities. The friend putting a restraining hand on your arm as you get hotter under the collar, and such.

Well obviously players should abide by the rule of be courteous of everyone and respectful to clients, but when among friends, or when it's relevant to a roleplay, there's no harm in participating in a little speciesism.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 am

So... We have:

1) Do not harm the client, until your mission is done or they become hostile.
2) Do not compromise the Syndicate or the Clients. Lose their names.
3) The Syndicate are your brothers, you are theirs
4) Everyone gets there share, you are all equal in spirit
5) Make your duty to the organization a priority.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of duty. I prefer comming and going, picking up contracts from someone who finds them (or, of course, find them yourself). Of course, you have to participate in Guild events, but I think freedom is crucial for a bounty hunter guild. In the same respect, we should allow people to be racist (IC), but not to the clients. Of course, they could, just to have a mini event. Then a fight will break out - fun!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 9:37 am

There's no way we will hold any form of hostilities toward our clients, they're our 'bread and butter' so to speak. Smile

Of course if we don't get payed, well then thats a different matter altogether!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 10:51 am

Personally I feel the list being compiled as it stands doesn't sound like something my smuggler character would have signed up to. It reads fairly bounty hunter centric and this guild spreads it's net wider than that. (At least I hope so for my sake!)

I'd be more comfortable leaving out things to do with ‘brotherhood’ and keep it as 'business partners'. Not everyone's character will be honourable.

The best way to get everyone on the same page with this is perhaps to first sort out how the "syndicate" works. What are the benefits of joining? How does money work within the ranks? Where do the contracts come from? ...Things like that won't only help with rp but from this info we'll know what rules of conduct are implied and what rules need writing in stone.

I’d imagine characters will have their fingers in lots of pies, not just guild related and so a simple “Let not your actions bring disrepute to the guild and do as you will.” would suffice.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:29 am

Right to clear things up I'd just like everyone to know that EVERYTHING about the guild as it stands is in the F.A.Q that I've provided.

Secondly, although I really like what I'm hearing with peoples suggestions etc. I do think some of the ideas are jumping the gun a little bit. One of the reasons I've left everything (including the name) is that nothing can really be done until we hear more about what the game has to offer. As this stage the guild is at concept level, and thats it.

How it works is like this thus far:

Depending on the chosen class we are ALL independent smugglers, bounty hunters, assassins. mercs, and in many way this doesn't make us your average guild. As Red said we're business partners or a coalition if you will. If that builds into the agency that Im hoping it will then that remains to be seen. That really is the basic structure of the guild as it stands.

The RP I've got going at the minute is to try and get our characters to interact so that you as individuals are being hired (and payed for) by me for your skills, talents & knowledge. The more I can get a feel about these characters the more I can work around them. I do understand however that some want the game to shape theirs, so thats cool also.

The clients (or the people that hire us) are allies that I'm slowly building up through visiting their websites and posting IC and OOC threads. Unfortunatley there aren't many guilds up at the minute because the game is still in its early stages, but I have had interest from quite a few.

The name of the game here is really just about waiting for more information and although it's frustrating, its just something that needs to be done. Last but not least all ideas from now I think should be stated as possible ideas first, not as a given.

I hope thats cleared a few things up anyway and I apologise if I wasn't that clear about it in the first place.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:43 am

Sorry Sureshot. I thought by the title of the thread and level of discussion that this was quazi-official.

My bad. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am

Hehehe no need to apologise I can see how the mistake was made. I'll change the title now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:07 pm

This is a good thread just to see where everyone stands. Discussion and debate leads to the most favorable ends. But as knowledge of the game ranges from tentative to non-existent it's a good idea not to take anything too seriously. But.

Quote :
I'd be more comfortable leaving out things to do with ‘brotherhood’ and keep it as 'business partners'. Not everyone's character will be honourable.

I think the 'business partners' idea is a great one. Not only does it offer our characters freedom to be themselves and do whatever they want but also freedom to choose the depth of their relationships within the guild and allies. It offers a lot of range of in-character interaction. A brotherhood would require that we become brothers but as business partners our characters can become brothers and friends on their own volition.

P.S. For as much as we know the guild F.A.Q. looks grezt.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Quote :
Personally I feel the list being compiled as it stands doesn't sound like something my smuggler character would have signed up to. It reads fairly bounty hunter centric and this guild spreads it's net wider than that. (At least I hope so for my sake!)

I cant agree more with Redwatch's comment above.

I was going to add something more cohesive to this thread, but the more I read I'm afraid the more I felt this was becoming an assassin creed, something which was inching further and further from my character idea.

I'm not saying that things like this shouldnt be worked out, just that I was expecting it more to be a set of 'company directives' that a warrior's code of honour, which is how it was starting to sound.

At the end of the day (I hope I am right here, someone please correct me if not) this guild is a business. Shady or not, it needs to seem legitimate from the outside otherwise we're only going to end up a 'thugs for hire' racket and I for one think that would be wasting the huge potential such a varied group has to offer.

I'm sorry if this sounds negative, especially when I dont really have any new ideas to bring to the table, but I just wanted to voice my concerns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Black Heart wrote:

I think the 'business partners' idea is a great one. Not only does it offer our characters freedom to be themselves and do whatever they want but also freedom to choose the depth of their relationships within the guild and allies. It offers a lot of range of in-character interaction. A brotherhood would require that we become brothers but as business partners our characters can become brothers and friends on their own volition.

P.S. For as much as we know the guild F.A.Q. looks grezt.

Hehe thanks, yeah I didn't want to jump in head first as many other guilds have, cause I wouldn't be surprised if BioWare have a few surprises up their sleeves, and we all know how they love putting their story first!

I agree that the Brotherhood idea doesn't fit the guild. That seems like something thats more along the lines of what Jedi guilds will be aiming at. Yep, I think credits will be our first priority! As you say it'll be awesome to watch our characters grow from business partners to confidants to full time friends. After all, thats what happened with Luke, Han, Ben & Leia isn't it?

.....I'm gonna shut up now cause I'm started to sound like BioWare again!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Quote :

At the end of the day (I hope I am right here, someone please correct me if not) this guild is a business. Shady or not, it needs to seem legitimate from the outside otherwise we're only going to end up a 'thugs for hire' racket and I for one think that would be wasting the huge potential such a varied group has to offer.

I'm sorry if this sounds negative, especially when I dont really have any new ideas to bring to the table, but I just wanted to voice my concerns.

That fine and you're right, it does limit us. However, we already have aspects of our guild that really are legitimate. For example I've added protection & fugitive retrievel as part of our service package. Both are highly sought after and some might say even 'respectable' business ventures, and I know that The Praxeum which are a light side Jedi guild have already shown interest in these. The more evil orientated players I'm sure are more interested in the illegal aspect of contract killings & the espionage part of the business.

In short, you're right this isn't just a Bounty Hunting/Assassination service, we're also have a lot more to the guild that is of a more positive & legal nature. This in itself proves that we really don't have anything to hide.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:47 am

Yep, the buisness partner idea is a good one. However, I'd still like small skirmish/negotiation groups to be put about. I'm glad you all like this thread!
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:13 am

The cool thing about the way our guild will be run is that we take all jobs. Normally guilds need to get everyone together to complete one task, but in this game we could be split up into different groups off doing different things because some of our jobs may require very little work e.g. go kill character A. Character A could easily be overpowered by 2 or 3 guys. On the other hand, if we were given the mision 'protect character B while he completes hard quest' could require many guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Hmmm i read this topic and gave it a bit of though today. The question is- How do we perceive this guild?

I see this guild as something of a loose band of mercenaries working for one person only. They are not drafted recruits but all of them have many adventures behind them... And many successful ventures in those. They are experienced. One can say Veterans.

With that said. Why do we need a code? None of the characters are newcomers. They know how the business works. They know what to say and what not to say... And really... don't harm the client? Even i know that and i'm not in the business..Razz

What i am saying is that rules are for the newbs. Our characters are not newbs... (most of them anyway) so such rules aren't needed.

Second thing i would like to share is the guild structure opinion. I like to think of this guild looking through the scope of the firefly team. There is a clear leader... There is a team. Everyone's equal but everyone knows who is the boss and who is the employee. Everyone is needed and everyone is useful.

But the (captain) Boss has the final word... always.

So the only rule here is. Listen to the Boss or be gone. Razz

Just my 2c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Aliendra wrote:
I like to think of this guild looking through the scope of the firefly team. There is a clear leader... There is a team. Everyone's equal but everyone knows who is the boss and who is the employee. Everyone is needed and everyone is useful.

But the (captain) Boss has the final word... always.

I agree with this 100%. Well said. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:38 pm

I was going through the Star Wars: Roleplaying Game (Saga Edition) “Scum & Villainy” book and found a list of “jobs” I thought might be of interest to the guild... figured we could use some / all and work out how much we might want to charge for each item type (or combinations should a job cover more than one type):

Abduction
Assassination
Assault
Burglary
Espionage
Exploration
Hijacking
Investigation
Repair
Rescue
Robbery
Sabotage
Salvage
Scam
Shipjacking
Smuggling

There is even a list of Bounty Hunter “bounties” for all you stalker types. Each is cumulative and stackable (you might have someone wanted for Corruption and Grand Larceny, for example:

CRIME MIN CREDIT REWARD

Assault & Battery 5,000
Assault, Larceny 1,000
Corruption 5,000
Espionage 7,000
Grand Larceny 8,000
Kidnapping 7,000
Murder 5,000
Piracy 8,000
Racketeering 8,000
Smuggling 7,000
Terrorism 8,000
Trafficking 7,000
Treason, sedition Special
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:54 am

Nice find Lunarwolf! I guess prices should depend on the size of the job, and we can't put minimum prices until we have a hint of the amount of money you can recieve.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:59 am

Sorry I've only just seen this.

Thats a very good find! Thanks for the list LW.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 am

No worries.

The "min price" is straight out of the rpg; its not really suggested - I should have made that a point in the thread, lol.

Not sure how much is relevant to us as a group, but thought it might be useful.

ps: I love the way that murder doesnt carry that high a bounty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2