The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b10Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b11Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b10Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b11Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b1065%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b106%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b1018%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b106%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b100%Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT

Go down 
+3
Nex Deus
Sureshot
Harlequin2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Empty
PostSubject: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:11 am

We need to get through this - the Structure and Lore of the guild. Here's my pitch:

Arrow Structure
Ranks
There are three main ranks:
Leader: The Leader of the guild who organises events, manages our economy, hands out our pay checks and job leaflets and so on. This will be Sureshot. The Leader is the only one who can fire and hire people, though will listen to suggestions from all the members.
Core: Core Members, each and every one of them are a skilled and important person in their own right. Their opinion counts, but they are all equal. The Leader can pick the right Core Member for the right job, or at least the one who hasn't received one in a while.
Lesser: Trial Members, in a nut shell. People who show promise and we've intergrated into the guild for a trial process where they will prove their worth through carring out jobs, being active and doing quotas or two. They don't have a vote though.

Specializations
Though there are only three ranks, there are specializations which can be put in "side notes" and can be used to select the best core member for the job. This can include 'Muscle', 'Stealth', 'Tracket', 'Charismatic' and so on.

Arrow Lore
This is something that Sureshot should really be doing. But, I think that Blasters For Hire was created as a buisness venture from him in the lower levels of Coruscant, recruiting the deadly, stealthy and smart in the area. Making pacts with those who require services previously no-where to be found and putting large price tags on whatever they do. With the likes of the GTC, the Brotherhood and several other gangs and even jedi orders, BFH soon became an infamous name and its members became very, very comfortable.

Just thrown some ideas forward and I'll edit this post. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 6:14 am

Some good ideas there Harlequin. I appreciate the input. alien

Here's my thoughts on each subject:

Quote :
Leader: The Leader of the guild who organises events, manages our economy, hands out our pay checks and job leaflets and so on. This will be Sureshot. The Leader is the only one who can fire and hire people, though will listen to suggestions from all the members.

Completely agree. I'd just like to emphasize the last sentence as well. The more input I get from the guild, the more I can work around you. Your ideas are an essential part of the guild.

Quote :
Core: Core Members, each and every one of them are a skilled and important person in their own right. Their opinion counts, but they are all equal. The Leader can pick the right Core Member for the right job, or at least the one who hasn't received one in a while.

To be honest I do actually see 'everyone' as equal within the guild but yes, I do see what you're saying. Essentially I'll just be another member with extra rights if you will. Each of you will probably be assigned a job within the guild as well. i.e. Someone that works on extra ideas for RP, someone that helps with recruitment, someone to help with guild relations; and of course there will be an extra rank for an officer or 2 (depending in the size of the guild) that will help keep an eye on the guild and it's members (currently it's Maimai).

Quote :
Lesser: Trial Members, in a nut shell. People who show promise and we've intergrated into the guild for a trial process where they will prove their worth through carring out jobs, being active and doing quotas or two. They don't have a vote though.

Nothing more to add to that.

Quote :
Specializations
Though there are only three ranks, there are specializations which can be put in "side notes" and can be used to select the best core member for the job. This can include 'Muscle', 'Stealth', 'Tracket', 'Charismatic' and so on.

Absolutely! All of you will have you're own goals within the guild I'm sure, and I'll certainly plan things for you. For instance I may place one of you as 'Raid Leader' if I find you're particularly good at keeping your calm whilst leading a group of people. Another example would be if we were in a RP situation where we end up in a illegal underground pit-fighting scenario and we need someone to take the job of getting us out the mess, obviously I would ask 'the muscle' of the gang to take the task. There are many others of course. Luckily we have a VERY varied group so far, so this should be a lot of fun.

Quote :
Lore
This is something that Sureshot should really be doing. But, I think that Blasters For Hire was created as a buisness venture from him in the lower levels of Coruscant, recruiting the deadly, stealthy and smart in the area. Making pacts with those who require services previously no-where to be found and putting large price tags on whatever they do. With the likes of the GTC, the Brotherhood and several other gangs and even jedi orders, BFH soon became an infamous name and its members became very, very comfortable.

Yes, the lore is probably one the most important things to me. The one thing I will say is that we're not like other guilds in this respect. You were all hired for your seperate talents if you will, so although you are part of a 'gaming guild' you are in fact more like members of a bounty hunter's guild. Mix that in with a smugglers guild, spy guild, etc, etc and I think you know where I'm going with it. Every player will be different in their own right.

Another thing I would like to add is, the more I see you guys RP, the more I can get a feel of what your character is like and make things a bit more interesting for you as individuals.

As for the 'fluff' (name of the guild etc..), I'm truly waiting to see what BioWare offer us with the classes, lore, and other miscellaneous things before I commit to anything. Jeez, I'm actually starting to sound like BioWare with the updates now!!! Razz

Again, I really like some of your ideas here Harlequin and as i've said before I think you've really grasped the concept of what we're all about. Thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:10 am

Thanks! Well, we really need a better name and Blasters for Hire seems a bit tacky. Really, we are a Bounty Hunter Guild that specializes in everthing and nothing - a jack of all trades guild. I propose we are named the 'Grey Syndicate'. This refers us to a 'neutral' habit, but still quite dark - hiding in the cracks if you will. It also further implies that we have no real specialization.

We also need a Creed. Rules of some sort that will influence how we act and how we behave both in battle and casually. Here are some examples for you to nibble on:
1) Do not spill the blood of an innocent or unmarked
2) Honour the marked as a rare beast, allow it a breath
3) Cling to the shadows, do not be open
4) Do not compromise the Syndicate or the Clients
5) Do not allow yourself to fail, you will have frightened the marked
6) Live as a citizen, fight as a warrior
7) You are bound to your mission until you are paid
Cool The Syndicate are your brothers, you are theirs
9) Be not friends of the mark, lest you endanger yourself
10) You will kill the mark, or kill yourself

Some may realise that I've got influence from Assassin's Creed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:19 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Thanks! Well, we really need a better name and Blasters for Hire seems a bit tacky.
Really, we are a Bounty Hunter Guild that specializes in everthing and nothing -a jack of all trades guild. I propose we are named the 'Grey Syndicate'. This refers us to a 'neutral' habit, but still quite dark - hiding in the cracks if you will. It also further implies that we have no real specialization.

Well as I say in the F.A.Q. "Blasters For Hire" isn't our name and I'm still waiting for more info until I commit to one. Needless to say it will fit with the lore of the time, and I may ask you all to choose from a list when I've come up with some ideas.

Quote :
We also need a Creed. Rules of some sort that will influence how we act and how we behave both in battle and casually. Here are some examples for you to nibble on:
2) Honour the marked as a rare beast, allow it a breath
3) Cling to the shadows, do not be open
5) Do not allow yourself to fail, you will have frightened the marked
6) Live as a citizen, fight as a warrior
7) You are bound to your mission until you are paid
Cool The Syndicate are your brothers, you are theirs
9) Be not friends of the mark, lest you endanger yourself
10) You will kill the mark, or kill yourself

I do agree with a creed so yeah this is a very good idea. This should be decided on between all players, so maybe a suggestion or two each?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 am

Agreed, though how many should we have? Truthfully, 10 is quite binding, but 3 is very fluid. Still, 3 would restrict us in some ways and allow us to have an extra element to RP, but still allow us to get on well. Personally though, I say 5, and if we contribute 1-2 each, here are my favourites:

1) Do not harm the client, until your mission is done or they become hostile.
2) Do not compromise the Syndicate or the Clients. Lose their names.
Back to top Go down
Nex Deus
Registered
Registered
Nex Deus

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:17 pm

1 ) Do not spill the blood of an innocent or unmarked
2 ) The Syndicate are your brothers, you are theirs

Those are the two that liked allong with Harlequin2's choices
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:30 am

Nex Deus wrote:
1 ) Do not spill the blood of an innocent or unmarked
2 ) The Syndicate are your brothers, you are theirs

Those are the two that liked allong with Harlequin2's choices

The only one I have a problem with out of those is number one. Mainly because we will be recruiting people who lean to the darkside in alignment, so I don't want to restrict them from acting out thier character and doing all manner of evil things. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nex Deus
Registered
Registered
Nex Deus

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:03 am

ohhhhhh......you have a point there my friend....remove the first one!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:25 am

Hehehe yeah, I don't think we can deny a psychopath their basic right to be insane! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:26 am

True! Okay, so we won't have the 1st. We need two more though. Perhaps Lunar and Sureshot should contribute the last two. Other members can contribute more, but we should put in the best 5.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:46 am

Well I noticed we're missing one the important ones:

With every contract comes our vow of silence.

This has got to be one of the most important ones, as I really don't want our clients' (allies) actions exposed. If they hire us, we keep our mouths closed unless its amongst our guild and our guild only.
Back to top Go down
Raiflaine
Registered
Registered
Raiflaine

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:28 am

i think we might need rule 13 i do belive it was for when mai shows up Razz
the last one of kill them or your self is a little silly i think. personaly raiflaine would not kill an innocent unless it was really needed. other then that i dont see problems with the list,
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 am

Hahaha! Forgot about rule 13! Razz

Yeah I think I'm definitely going to take this idea on board as it is a very good one, but I'll leave it for the meantime until we get a few more players in the guild.

Makes more sense if everyone gets a choice.
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 am

How about 'Everyone gets their share'. As a group of smugglers, bounty hunters and other glaxian scum with money as our incentive, surely something to do with money would fit in well.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:21 am

Thats a good one Godjera! I like it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:31 am

I'll pay 1 credit for someone to get inside the mind of one of the ancestors of the technicians who designed/developed The Death Star and implant an odd little suggestion which can be passed down from generation to generation....

...it should read - 'Remember to leave a really obvious weak point in any uuber-massive space-station you might design, its important otherwise those bunch of numpty rebel fighters wont have a chance. Also, make it round. Round would be cool...yeah.....'

afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:48 am

Actually, I did put in a 'hush hush' rule:

And yes, it is very important. I also put in:

So that will benefit Raif Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 am

Oops sorry mate, must've missed that. Smile

Quote :

Hehe as I say I think that ones out because I want to attract some darker characters as well. I'll leave it completely to your characters morals. Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 9:06 am

So, so far we have:

1) Do not harm the client, until your mission is done or they become hostile.
2) Do not compromise the Syndicate or the Clients. Lose their names.
3) The Syndicate are your brothers, you are theirs
4) Everyone gets there share, you are all equal in spirit
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:03 pm

I was going to suggest the five tenets of the Dark Brotherhood from Oblivion but it turned out that they were less relevant than I thought, to paraphrase the important ones though:

• Never betray the organization.

• Never harm or steal from anyone of the organization.

• Let the Clients' secrets be just that, secret.

• Make your duty to the organization a priority.

That's the gist of them.

By the way, Sureshot (Can I say SS?), thank you for allowing the death of innocents, fits my character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Divulgence of confidential client information or information sensitive to the guild and/or it's members will result in immediate and permanent dismissal from the guild.

How's that? Too wordy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:37 pm

Failure to treat clients and/or prospective clients with civility irrespective of personal feelings regarding race, religion, faction, gender, orientation or any other associations will incur… something. Something bad.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Sureshot wrote:

Quote :

Hehe as I say I think that ones out because I want to attract some darker characters as well. I'll leave it completely to your characters morals. Wink
If you want to leave it up to the character's morales then surely we should have

'Nobody is forced to accept a contract'
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Black Heart wrote:

By the way, Sureshot (Can I say SS?), thank you for allowing the death of innocents, fits my character.

No problem mate. As I say the more diverse personalities the better. If I start disallowing certain aspects it'll mess up a lot of character depth between players. For example I think Raif's backstory mentioned something along the lines of a Dark Jedi killing his family, and I think IC he wants tension between himself and Nex to happen at some point purely because he's a Jedi. Now if I disallowed guild members having prejudice toward other races, professions, traditions etc then I woudl be taking a lot of their character away from them.

Sorry that was a bit of a mouthful but I think you can see what I'm getting at?

Oh and SS is fine but "Boss" will get you more!! (j/k) Wink
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Godjera wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

Quote :

If you want to leave it up to the character's morales then surely we should have

'Nobody is forced to accept a contract'

Oh absolutely! That ones essential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT   Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas For Guild Structure and Lore - YOUR INPUT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next