The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b10Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b11Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b10Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b11Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b1065%Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b106%Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b1018%Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b100%Structure & Heirarchy Charts Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Structure & Heirarchy Charts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Structure & Heirarchy Charts Empty
PostSubject: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 am

Does anybody have the slightest clue on how to design a heirarchy chart? I need to post one in the About Our Guild section but I haven't got the foggiest where to start Laughing

I R a tech tard!

I actually have to do it in an unusual way as well, with ranks for real life members and of course their characters so for example:

HEAD OF OPERATIONS
Sureshot
(Character: "The Mysterious Falleen")

CHIEF OPERATIVE
Lunarwolf
(Character: Ree'tak)
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:11 am

easy, I think

Just go to paint and type words in using the text box, the draw line linking them up. Simples.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 am

Well I've been thinking about this since:
Redwatch wrote:
I've just been nosing about our new ally's forum and have been impressed with the Hands of Darkness Ranks page. It's a nice clear visual idea I think we should steal! Suspect

And perhaps when we're further down the line, if it doesn't interfear with permissions, we could think about adding specific role titles to our rank. ie:

Redwatch
Guild Member
Creative Director

No doubt I'll forget who has what role and the officialness of it being there beside each post is a reminder to the holder of that role, and the guild at large, of that member's special function.

Just a thought. But I do love the ranks diagram at HoD. Very Happy
Subject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:23 pm

And look! Their old forum is still there! But I still think this is a great format. It works for us because of our dual faction structure and we can adapt it to include member/character details.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:09 am

Yeah I'm a big fan of the "family tree" look, which goes a bit like:

HEAD
|
|
|
|
Rupublic_________________________Empire
|---------------------------------------------|
Agent--------------------------------------------Agent

...or something like that.

Before HoD went 'shiney', it was easily one of my favourite parts of their website!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:14 am

Problem is, the Guild master is also the head of the Empire sector. How does that work out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:18 am

Differentiated by the "Character" designation, I expect. And so what if roles double up? Which they do. lol! The purpose of this is to visually show what's what and should help explain the overlaps, which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 am

The way I see it, and I'm sure that SS will correct me if I am wrong here, is it goes like this:

Tier 1:
Leader of The E.P.O.C.H: The Mysterious Falleen (he exists purely here on the website and probably wont be in-game unless BioWare allow such a species)

Tier 2:
Department Heads:

Empire: "Head of Operations" (SS yet to make a char for this, hopefully his Nautolan!)
Republic: "Chief Operative Ree'tak"

Tier 3:
Officers:

A.K.A: "Special Agents"

Tier 4:
Members:

A.K.A: "Agents"

Tier 5:
Recruits:

A.K.A: "Initiates"

ALTERNATE:

If I am wrong, the only difference I think in the above is:

Falleen = "Head of Operations" and
Empire/Sith Department Head has no official title yet, may even be "Chief Operative" in the same case as Republic.

Last edited by Lunarwolf on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:39 am

Looks good and simple - just what we need! Now we simply require to create it on paint or a similar format...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Looks good and simple - just what we need! Now we simply require to create it on paint or a similar format...

Cheers H2, prob best to get the official "OK" with the above info off The Chief though, I'm not sure which is correct - the main one or "the alteranative"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:51 am

I might have to put on my "Creative Director" hat ( ---> farao ) and confess I've got a few ideas already for how this could be visually represented. Something which ties in with the new buttons and SWTOR's website...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:53 am

You're an Egyptian Creative Director? cooooooooool

As per usual, we await your visual treats with baited breath!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:00 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
You're an Egyptian Creative Director? cooooooooool

Of course, dood! Even their writing is done with pictures! (No, seriously, I don't know why Egyptian. I just like funky hats!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:37 am

Are there really that many different ranks that a hierarchy chart is needed?

Leader > section heads > regular officers > grunts > noobs

While im at it, I would also like to chip in that I think "Section" sounds far better than "department" in terms of the two sub-factions of the guild.

Sorry if this sounds like a semi-rant! pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:03 am

Artekus wrote:
While im at it, I would also like to chip in that I think "Section" sounds far better than "department" in terms of the two sub-factions of the guild.

I Second the motion!
(Unsurprisingly, since...
Redwatch wrote:
Naming the Guild: One name with 'Section [insert #]' as a designation (a la Ghost in the Shell SAC).
Subject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:49 am
... I love this idea! Razz )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:24 am

Im glad you agree! department makes it sound like some dull office lol
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:42 am

Right I'm done! It's all up and in the 'about us section!' Sorry about the crap look but no one else offered so I had to do it meself! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:04 am

By jove thats a hellova lot of info!

The Hierarchy thread is a great read Chief, thanks for that!

I gotta say I can see that being a reference point for me to use A LOT.

Not only does it list every character and their position within E.P.O.C.H but the quick visual reference helps loads.

I love the extra detail you put into it too, the "descriptions in italics" which give each a really good feel for each of the Ranks.. I'm a really big fan of this paticular part of the Agent descriptor:

"If you are unfortunate enough to cross paths with these dogs of war then you'll need more than the Force to protect you, that I can guarantee."

Great stuff!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:26 am

Sorry Harl I forgot to lock that topic about the structure of the guild, so I had to delete your post. Sad

Anyway this what Harly typed:

Harlequin2 wrote:

Looks nice. Simple, but oh so sweet
I think you can add me in as a media manager/director, though I suppose we may as well wait until something concrete comes up for something to do. But this is really, really good stuff. Top show! Though I'd like to know how the "contracts" are handed out and so on.

Well when we've decided a bit more about roles I'll put it in. I was going to put you in as Editor-in-chief as thats the best title for someone running the newsletter. That ok?

Oh and the "contracts" information will be in the guild lore section when its completed. This was just made purely so everyone knew their role! Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:30 am

No problem, SS! Very Happy

I just thought because I do videos, newletters and manage the guild database (co-worker with RW), I'm more of a media guy, but whatever you see fit. I'm looking forward to the guild lore, any info when it will be out?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 am

Well Im a bit rushed off my feet at the minute but as soon as BH gets back I'll write out a rough draft and then I'll see if he can iron out the rest. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Is there a chance "department" could be changed to "section" if there was a majority in favour? just curious.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 4:58 am

Yeah I've been debating change that as it does sound a bit "office" like. "section" is a good one but I don't want military sounding names like "squad" or even criminal sounding names like "gang". If people have anymore suggestions I'll put up a poll and we'll pick the best of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:00 am

Erm....seems a bit obvious, but seeing as that is what they are, what about Faction?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 8:59 am

Division? or sub-division?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Structure & Heirarchy Charts   Structure & Heirarchy Charts Empty

Back to top Go down

Structure & Heirarchy Charts
Page 1 of 1