The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b10Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b11Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b10Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b11Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b1065%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b106%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b1018%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b106%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b100%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!

Go down 
+2
Harlequin2
Sureshot
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:31 pm

I'll just go with Artekus when I sign up to HofD's site.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Redwatch wrote:
Can I ask a dumb question? How should we ambassadors be registering at our respective guilds?

For example, is Harl known over at GTC as "Harlequin2" or "Skursir"? And if he's Skursir, because of RP, how will that impact on guild RP when he's meant to be taking canapés over at GTC?
And me myself, I'm Redwatch. My main character is Redwatch. If I register as Redwatch with the Praxium that leaves my character in a whole mess of nonsensical two-places-at-once-ness. And i don't think Redwatch (the character) would make a good diplomat! He's too straight-laced! lol

Or should I not be thinking so much about it and follow my own judgement. I thought before this goes too far we should have some form of standardisation of ambassadors, but it's a bit tricky! I may go with my third option: Create a dedicated diplomat character just for the Praxium for IC and RP but making it clear (in my hello and in my sig perhaps) that I'm Redwatch when at home!

What's the official party line on this?

I have no idea on the offical party line on this (I'd like to be in an offical line for a party though, PAR-TAY!!!), but If I were in your position, I'd make a dedicated non-in-game character specifically for ambassadorial duties. That'd leave Redwatch (and Redwatch? arg my brain hurts!) free for here and in-game and "an ambassador character" dedicated to the task at hand!

Thats just what I'd do, ofc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Redwatch wrote:
Can I ask a dumb question? How should we ambassadors be registering at our respective guilds?

For example, is Harl known over at GTC as "Harlequin2" or "Skursir"? And if he's Skursir, because of RP, how will that impact on guild RP when he's meant to be taking canapés over at GTC?
And me myself, I'm Redwatch. My main character is Redwatch. If I register as Redwatch with the Praxium that leaves my character in a whole mess of nonsensical two-places-at-once-ness. And i don't think Redwatch (the character) would make a good diplomat! He's too straight-laced! lol

Or should I not be thinking so much about it and follow my own judgement. I thought before this goes too far we should have some form of standardisation of ambassadors, but it's a bit tricky! I may go with my third option: Create a dedicated diplomat character just for the Praxium for IC and RP but making it clear (in my hello and in my sig perhaps) that I'm Redwatch when at home!

What's the official party line on this?

First off you're welcome to register as any handle you like, although I would prefer it if you use the same one as here so I can locate you on their site if need be. Still, it's up to you.

If you find they wouldn't WANT to work around Jedi then fair enough, you're welcome to use any character that you please. Preferably I would go with ones that we already have as we have created long detailed backstories to all of them and some allies might like to read up on all of your great creations, I know I do with thiers. Anyway if you find your character is in a situation where he just wouldn't do it, try and remember that he or she IS getting payed to work for the agency and even though they may be disgruntled, its kinda like real life where we all have to do things we don't want to do I suppose. However I'l leave you with that to think about as it's entirely your choice at the end of the day.

When it comes to timeline thats more straight forward. I know Redwatch for example hasn't actually joined the agency yet in terms coming to work for the Falleen, but thats where a bit of willing suspension of disbelief comes in handy. To think of it a better way, look what Mr. Lucas did with his own saga when placing episodes 4, 5. & 6 before 1, 2, and 3. For all roleplaying purposes think of yourself as already part of the EPOCH agency.

Hope thats helped cleared things up a little bit anyway and good question.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, you're not really what I'd call ambassadors in the truest sense of the word, well character wise anyway.. You're more like privateers that have been hired by me to gain extra work through whatever tactics you feel necessary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:46 am

Guys I'm still waiting for a diplomat for RoM. Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 am

Sureshot wrote:
Guys I'm still waiting for a diplomat for RoM. Any takers?

I'm not up for it, but I suppose I have to mark them as an ally on our database list? They don't have their own forum and I though you were still in talks with them...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:00 am

They do have a forum but you may have to sign up. The addy is: http://rom.guildlaunch.com/. I wouldn't ask you to do this anyway Harly as you've got enough on your plate as it is mate. Smile
You can mark them down as a potential ally if you wish as the only 100% confirmed one that we really have is the Galactic Trade Commission. When we get a diplomat for them (I may ask BH if he has the time) then and only then the real alliance talks can start.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:05 am

No, I meant a forum on our forum, but I just saw it now so it's all good. I don't think a lot of good would happen if I registered, I'm a bit tied up as you said anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:29 am

We're still looking to send ambassadors out to guilds which we're not currently allied with though, aren't we? Of course our allies get priority but we've enough members here to cover them and more if most people are willing to step up to the plate (that was an Americanism made especially with you in mind, Black Heart!). Seems a missed opportunity if we don't. You know, buttering up prospective clients into forging alliances and bringing the community closer together and all.

Edit: Just read the newsletter (v. nice!) and it says as much in regards to non-allied guilds receiving ambassadors.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:16 am

I'm working on the Sith part of the guild database. Hopefully, this will make identifying guilds a lot more easier, and so we can send more ambassadors...
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:34 am

I'm happy to do some Ambassador work for the guild I think the 3 mains ones have been taken so just put me where you want me Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 am

Right I made an account over at the HofD site but where should I introduce myself? their forum isn't as varied and defined as ours.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:36 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
I'm happy to do some Ambassador work for the guild I think the 3 mains ones have been taken so just put me where you want me Smile

Well RoM are still available and to be honest they seem the most eager to get us on their side. I actually consider them higher priority than most just for this simple fact. Sound good?

Artekus wrote:
Right I made an account over at the HofD site but where should I introduce myself? their forum isn't as varied and defined as ours.

Well I can't actually get on the new site yet cause I messed up the registration but when I do I'll have a look.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Sureshot wrote:
PrioryJK wrote:

Well RoM are still available and to be honest they seem the most eager to get us on their side. I actually consider them higher priority than most just for this simple fact. Sound good?
Yeah i'll go introduce myself now Wink See what the competition are like.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:51 pm

PrioryJK wrote:

Yeah i'll go introduce myself now Wink See what the competition are like.

Bah! Like we have any!!! Razz

Yeah they're a really friendly bunch them lot so you'll be fine. Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 8:49 am

If the HoD people don't respond to me sometime soon I no longer want to waste my time trying to build bridges with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:28 am

Artekus wrote:
If the HoD people don't respond to me sometime soon I no longer want to waste my time trying to build bridges with them.

That's the spirit! Rolling Eyes This whole ambassador thing, as I understand it and as I conceived it, is totally voluntary and I don't think anyone would blame you for changing your mind and opting out.

In fact, I'd say to those among us who have stepped forward to build relations, if you think you can't see through your commitment then it's probably best to stand down now when the execution of this idea is in it's infancy than to give up on your allocated guild further down the line when they could take it personally.

I don't see the role of ambassador as a lifetime commitment but this is the time to be "building bridges". If you're not actually that keen on the job then I think it's better to leave it to someone else who'll make a better go of it. No bridge can last if it's built on questionable foundations. *Red climbs down off his high-horse*

This type of thing isn't for everybody but I'm glad that you gave it a try Arte. I haven't even signed up with my guild yet – so you got further that I have! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:39 am

Why the hell would I volunteer if I wasn't interested? Diplomacy can't be one-sided, I can't make any progress unless they are willing to co-operate. I also meant "sometime soon" as in around a week or so, that's pretty damn reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:51 am

Well, the GTC are co-operative, but as you can see, they make me come. They don't send any ambassadors here and I a bit annoyed that I have to do all the work while they stand idle. It doesn't make sense. I'm building the bridge from my end only and I tell you - it's hard work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 10:22 am

Artekus wrote:
Why the hell would I volunteer if I wasn't interested? Diplomacy can't be one-sided, I can't make any progress unless they are willing to co-operate. I also meant "sometime soon" as in around a week or so, that's pretty damn reasonable.

Sorry mate, your post read to me like you were washing your hands of the whole thing. I guess I jumped to conclusions. My bad, thanks for explaining.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 10:51 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Well, the GTC are co-operative, but as you can see, they make me come. They don't send any ambassadors here and I a bit annoyed that I have to do all the work while they stand idle. It doesn't make sense. I'm building the bridge from my end only and I tell you - it's hard work!

Yep you'll find a lot of guilds are like that mate. It does seem very one-sided but then again you have to remember that we are VERY active compared to most. If there isn't any activity to really report then there isn't much you can do about it I'm afraid. My suggestion to you would try and work on some cross-guild roleplay or something so that can we can get to know some of the members a bit better through that medium. The problem with the diplomacy talks at the minute is that not enough info has been released so I think this time would be best used just to try and build cross guild relations.

Artekus wrote:

Now now Wink

I think I know what Red was trying to get at and I know it must be really frustrating but I suppose people are very busy doing other things. I myself am still waiting to hear back from HofD and I have informed them of your interest in being a diplomat between our two guilds, so fingers crossed I'll hear something back soon. Until then there's no real pressure on anyone to bring information of a future alliance to our forums. All I ask simply is that each diplomat checks their given guild once a week and if there is news there is news, if there isn't then there isn't. The point is that you've all very kindly made the effort and now the ball is in their court.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:24 am

Redwatch wrote:
Artekus wrote:

Sorry mate, your post read to me like you were washing your hands of the whole thing. I guess I jumped to conclusions. My bad, thanks for explaining.

Sorry if I seemed a bit annoyed at you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 am

Artekus wrote:
Sorry if I seemed a bit annoyed at you.
That's okay, no harm done. Cool
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:55 am

I might be a bit late, but Are there any guilds left i can be a Ambassador for.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Art, whats the situation over at HoD?

I've registered with them but havent said "hi" before you went in there all "diplomatically".

I was just gonna go there to say hi from us rather than any official capacity (as I do with all the Allied / potential allied guilds) bacause I don't have enough spare time to dedicate myself to an ambassador role. (well, not with the sort of dedication I would want to do it with anyway).

Are you giving up with them? still waiting to say hi?

I'll hold back even posting a "hello" until I know what you're doing Smile

EDIT:

Registered with:
Praxeum
RoM
HoD
GTC

Waiting email confirmation of registration from:
Praxeum
GTC
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:38 am

Hope this answers a couple of your questions mate:

HofD- Arte and I were having trouble finding where to start talks about an alliance with the HofD but now I've noticed that they have an allied section of their forums up, so I shall be posting in there a bit later and then I'll be giving Artekus the go ahead to start alliance talks.

RoM - RoM have very kindly set up a section for us on their forums. You may have to actually click the join our guild button and state that you're from E.P.O.C.H and an ally in your application. Thats why Kymerous told me to do anyway.

GTC - This is weird cause the activation should be instant at the GTC.

Praxeum - This should also be automatic registration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: GUILD FORUMS :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: