The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b10Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b11Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b10Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b11Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b1065%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b106%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b1018%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b106%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b100%Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!

Go down 
+2
Harlequin2
Sureshot
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Empty
PostSubject: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:26 am

Ok, so we've discussed a little bit about sending out ambassadors to speak about terms of contract with other guilds and hopefully build some of these flimsy alliances that we currently have all over swtor.com. I think it's about time we starting sending some of you out to be a consistant reminder to each ally that we are still interested in joining forces. It has caught my attention recently that nearly all of our allies and us have been slacking a bit in that department but what with everything else going on, it's easy to see how its happened. So just to clarify, it's just a problem within the community at the minute.

This is what I'm looking for from ambassadors:

• Be polite and nice to potential allies as they are for RP purposes our bread and butter. I cannot make it clear enough how important this is. I don't give a monkeys if one idiot calls yo' mamma Jabba the Hutt, cause there is still a whole guild of people that could potentially turn on you and to follow suit, the rest of E.P.O.C.H. So nice as pie please people and if people @%&# you off then rise above it. Show the world that E.P.O.C.H are professional and the greatest guild the galaxy has ever seen! You are representing the guild as a whole after all.

• Please for the love of God don't give away what is happening behind these closed doors (ooer). There is a reason we're called a "secret" agency and I will be most displeased if information on our beloved agency if flying about every TOR site known to man. Remember that silence is golden and credit-shaped!

• Depending on the level of RP in other guilds (which isnt much, I've seen it with my own eyes!), I will be requiring some if not ALL of you to roleplay. I normally start off my alliance talks with an in-character (often Creed) description of our guild and what we like to achieve from making an alliance. I then follow up with some friendly OOC banter and get to know the gang a little. This bit can be quite scary as you don't know the people reading but most (bar 1 I think) have been extremely friendly. Again remember that you may need a bit of RP experience for this as it can be tricky, but as I say each guild is different. I shall also be considering more active roleplayers on these forums for the opportunity first as quite frankly you've earned it!

• I've had an idea of starting a "Employee of the Month" each month for those ambassadors that do the best work for their chosen ally. This position requires a lot of time and activity on other peoples guild sites so you will be spending a lot of it elsewhere in a foreign enviroment! Thats the bit I hate in fact as you generally don't get the same favour returned from other guilds.

• Find a common ground. This one is a bit tricky as each of you will be dealing with different types of guilds. Anything from Mando's to Jedi to Sith to Military, and Crime Bosses (although the latter should easy eh? Wink). Please remember to choose wisely who you would like to have dealings with. I don't want one of the badass Sith guys from here running into the Praxeum saying things like "I am here to destroy all you flower sniffing virgins with my mighty red double blade.....sir". I'm taking the piss of course cause I know you wouldn't (I hope) but you get the point. Choose the one your character would feel most comfortable around. If youre a smuggler interested in the force then why not hang with the Jedi and compare midichlorian counts? If your char is a Mando or a Merc then hey RoM wouldn't say no to a spot of tea with you!

• Duty wise I won't really be asking much of you to be honest. The main thing is to keep showing your face around other guild sites (at least once a week) and whenever possible chat with them about the alliances we have brewing. If you find they are really starting to dig the operation we intend to have running then you are fine to speak with them about the future. I trust you guys to make a good job of it and I'm sure you will. If you feel its anything major and you'd rather run it by me or L-Dubz then go for it. In fact I think it might be an idea to start up your own ambassador thread in guild chat and let all of us how you're getting along.

• One thing I haven't brought up yet is the selling tactic. Don't confuse people with what kind of guild we are and please remember the rough lore around us. Make sure its always etched into your mind that we are a "shady" (theres that word again) business but at the same time ease them (or con them haha) into believing that we're the best thing since sliced Ewok and theres is no possible way that can refuse such a kind offer. Mwuahaha!

• Last but not least some people might try and get you to jump ship and join their guild as you get to know them better. This I shall leave to your concience as I don't have the right to tell you what you can and can't do. But please remember that EPOCH would be a lonely place without you and more importantly we pay our employees!!! A Sith would probably rather cut you down than hand over cash.

Ok so lets move on to you, the ambassadors:

I would like to put forward Harlequin2 to be our diplomatic relations officer with the Galactic Trade Commission as he's been with us a long time. It's light RP so you should be ok on that front and you've known them for quite a while now so they're comfortable having a Trandoshan in talks with them! The very thought of that makes me giggle! Laughing

I'm still wondering about our last three allies:

Hands of Darkness (Sith guild)
Praxeum (Jedi guild)
Remnants of Mandalore (Mandalorian guild)

Some of those are more tricky than others. The Praxeum are especially tricky as they dont trust us as it is! HofD are pretty relaxed and have a lot of nice ideas but can be unreliable at joining other peoples forums. RoM seem the easiest going out of the lot after the GTC so if any of you are mercs (or especially Bounty Hunters or Mando's) and want to show your face aroud there let me know.

KK let me know which ones you have your eye on.....

Last edited by Sureshot on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:18 am

I'd like to volunteer for the Praxium. My characters currently stand at 2-1 Republic-Empire and I'm more interested in the Republic side to play through with my main. As I've mentioned I love to RP and the Praxium are fairly serious about it, so I'd enjoy that. And I secretly want to be a Jedi in real life.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 am

Redwatch wrote:
And I secretly want to be a Jedi in real life.

....and it was going SO well! Haha! Razz

Yup Redwatch totally gets my approval to go into talks with the Prax and in fact I recommended him for the position in all truthfulness. I'm sure he'll do a fantastic job. Smile

p.s. It seems that our 'contact' Fox is debating about going for an ambassador position in the Praxeum which is great news. Fingers crossed he'll get it cause he's the most corrupt Jedi I've ever come across!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:52 am

Hee-hee! Cheers Boss! Oh, and:

Sureshot wrote:
...ease them (or con them haha) into believing that we're the best thing since sliced Ewok...
I hope nobody does specifically that, bearing in mind the timeline and all. Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Happy-smiley-601
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 am

Thanks for putting me forward SS! I would like to make a post on the WE HAVE LANDED! thread and mention the following:

1) I am the new ambassador (I won't mention why or how to keep the "shady" element)
2) There is a guild database that is being created on our site
3) Any questions concerning the guild, be directed to moi

Should I mention E.P.O.C.H's name? If not, I'd better leave out the guild database bit. Also, maybe I should make a whole new thread? Up to you Sureshot.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:12 am

Yup. people are welcome to go with the guild name and use it where they please now. the GTC are already aware of us being called the EPOCH agency cause I've mentioned it in a thread, and I mentioned that theres a chance you will be representing us.

Best thing for now I think is just to introduce yourself in character (for you ofc Harly, it'll be Skursir) and then just add an OOC bit at the bottom mentioning youre the new rep from EPOCH and you hope that you get to know them all better in the near future. Ya know that kinda thing......Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 am

I volunteer to work with the Hands of Darkness.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:20 am

I'd like to volunteer as ambassadors to Norwegian guild when i can found some. I can also work in Swedish and Danish Speeking guild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:24 am

Lord_Nord wrote:
I can also work in Swedish and Danish Speeking guild.

cheers I think I remeber seing a Swedish guild on the list Harl is pulling together, so that could be handy!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:25 am

Artekus wrote:
I volunteer to work with the Hands of Darkness.

You're a brave man my friend! They don't mess about them lot! Haha! Nah seriously they're a good old bunch so I'd be pleased to have you work with our evil counterparts. Yup I'm cool with that unless anbody objects.

Lord_Nord wrote:
I'd like to volunteer as ambassadors to Norwegian guild when i can found some. I can also work in Swedish and Danish Speeking guild.

Awesome idea Nord! Fully gets my vote! I haven't seen many about so you may have to do some searching.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:27 am

Oh.....I missed someone out from the list....... Eternal Vigilance! Although I can't see us 'officially' allying ourselves with them as I think they're more of a PvE/PvP type guilld you're welcome to drop in every now and again and say "hi". This will be more of a "good will ambassasdor" methinks.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:31 am

Quote :
I've had an idea of starting a "Employee of the Month" each month for those ambassadors that do the best work for their chosen ally. This position requires a lot of time and activity on other peoples guild sites so you will be spending a lot of it elsewhere in a foreign enviroment! Thats the bit I hate in fact as you generally don't get the same favour returned from other guilds.

Can we have a "Squid of the Month" award for the most boneheaded comment left by an ambassador Razz
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am

ROFL!!!! No there won't be any award, there will just be a removal of that ambassadors position and a date scrubbing Ne'tra's armpits if they do something truly stupid. Laughing

Haha! Squid of the month! Love it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:36 am

Cool thanks, should I go over there and introduce myself at somepoint?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:44 am

Yup just pretty do what I told Harly. HofD are a much heavier RP guild and my impression is that they'd like that kind of an impact. Theres actually quite a lot of interesting ideas they have in the works when it comes to us, the Prax and them, so they may keep you on your toes and ask you to join X-Fire and discuss matters there.

If you check this news thread you already kinda have the lowdown an what us and HofD, and the Prax have been discussing. With regards to the guild you've chosen they certainly are very interesting so kudos for choosing them. As I say though they will probably like to discuss things with you in detail so if you feel you're out of your depth then come to me as I'm head of Sith dept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:49 am

I'll browse there forums for a while (tactical recon lol) before I make an account there.

Im already on xfire so they can contact me if they want to.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:12 am

I have made a few posts on GTC.

I think they like me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:20 am

Artekus wrote:
I'll browse there forums for a while (tactical recon lol) before I make an account there.

Now thats why I call iniative. Look and learn people Artekus is on the ball already!

Harlequin2 wrote:
I have made a few posts on GTC.

I think they like me! Very Happy

Course they do you're a Trandoshan! They like that kinda scum! Haha! Razz

Cheers. I'll check in and say hello in a min.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:46 am

Sureshot wrote:
Artekus wrote:

Now thats why I call iniative. Look and learn people Artekus is on the ball already!

It would've been a good idea but they appear to have their forum hidden....or they really do have no threads in it, which is unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:55 am

Aye thats true actually but there is a wealth of back history with them you might wanna get acquianted with. If all else fails check here.

Darth Vader

I think they do have quite a few threads, well they did at least when they were over at Guildportal, but I do remember the RP threads being spookily quiet. Only 2 or 3 posts if I remember rightly. Eek!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:21 am

Hey! Trandoshans aren't scum! We're just a race of slavers, bounty hunters, mercs and smugglers. We're quite noble really...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:31 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Hey! Trandoshans aren't scum! We're just a race of slavers, bounty hunters, mercs and smugglers. We're quite noble really...

Hey man, we're all scum here so what makes you think you're any different? Razz

QFE:

"We're just a race of slavers"

I rest my case your honor!

Haha! Well it'd be a sad galaxy without massive reptiles running around pulling Wookiee's hair now wouldn't it?

Trandoshan<----(In Nelson voice) "HA-HA!" Wookiee <----"Grrrrrr!"
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Haha! You can say that again! (No offense Black Heart!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Can I ask a dumb question? How should we ambassadors be registering at our respective guilds?

For example, is Harl known over at GTC as "Harlequin2" or "Skursir"? And if he's Skursir, because of RP, how will that impact on guild RP when he's meant to be taking canapés over at GTC?
And me myself, I'm Redwatch. My main character is Redwatch. If I register as Redwatch with the Praxium that leaves my character in a whole mess of nonsensical two-places-at-once-ness. And i don't think Redwatch (the character) would make a good diplomat! He's too straight-laced! lol

Or should I not be thinking so much about it and follow my own judgement. I thought before this goes too far we should have some form of standardisation of ambassadors, but it's a bit tricky! I may go with my third option: Create a dedicated diplomat character just for the Praxium for IC and RP but making it clear (in my hello and in my sig perhaps) that I'm Redwatch when at home!

What's the official party line on this?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Well, I'm Harly on the forum, but Skursir in RP. To be honest, I don't RP much anyway (I mean on the forum) so I can get away with being in two time periods. I plan to make a few "guest appearances" over at the GTC though, in their RPs.

As for you RW, do what you thing is right. You're undoubtedly a great member and we could really benefit from you being an ambassador. But, no pressure, it's your decision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!   Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambassadors of the E.P.O.C.H step forth!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: GUILD FORUMS :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: