The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b10Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b11Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b10Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b11Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b1065%Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b106%Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b1018%Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b106%Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b100%Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go   Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:48 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Um - just a thought..

Assuming BioWare don't implement a specific "bounty" system into the game (which I for one don't think they will do as that will put too much emphasis on one class), doesn't that mean we can be bounty hunters without being the bounty hunter class?

I mean a Jedi going after a Sith Apprentice is a bounty hunter. They're hunting their quarry but in this case their bounty is the approval of their master coupled with the re balancing of the force.

A smuggler who spends a vast majority of his time searching up info on a particular mark so they can rob their place blind when it's empty is a bounty hunter. The 'hunt' is the research on the individuals' movements, the 'bounty' is whatever they can steal..

What I'm saying is that we don't need to be the Bounty Hunter class to be the bounty-hunters, protection racketeers, information brokers and smugglers we signed up to be.

Let BioWare screw us with their faction-specific classes. If our guild puts a hit on someone, and we roll in playing whatever class our character is, we're technically bounty hunters!

With that thought in mind, surely being Republic is doable?

Do we want to play bounty hunters? or all be the Bounty Hunter class?

Remember! A bounty hunter is a vocation, not a class!

Some good points mate. However, as I've said before, this game is going to be heavily story orientated so I worry about how false it will all seem if we're playing storylines that don't fit our character. I dunno about anyone else but if I'm a Republic Special Forces Commando and I have to play a whole miltary-style storyline, it will break the immersion of my Bounty Hunter character for me completely. You have raised some interesting questions though. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go   Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:16 pm

I feel validated by that Smile. Even though we don't see eye to eye I'm happy I got to air my views. I'm not a 'yes' man and you can count on me to back you up if I think your right and fight my corner if I think your wrong Very Happy. But at the end of the day you're the Boss and I'll put 100% into whatever direction your 'final decisions' go.

And I take on board what you're saying. Though I'm suffering from ants in my pants, we do have all the time in the world...

Cheers Boss. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go   Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks for the understanding and support mate and I am taking note of your points. They're all very good points indeed and as you say, we may disagree about some things but hell it feels better getting them off of your chest! Better out than in! Razz

*Phew* I'm all ranted out now! Laughing

PLEASE NO MORE RANTING PEOPLE OR MY HEAD WILL BLOW!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go   Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Redwatch wrote:
I’m sorry folks for coming across so bolshy and bull-headed here but I haven’t got a job and there’s so little going on in my life that I’ve nothing better to do but obsess over this and I’m pretty ****ing fed up about it.

Here’s my rant:

...Everyone, myself more so than anyone (usually anyway), is falling over themselves trying to do what they think everyone else wants (well, apart from Aliendra) and all we’re accomplishing is making one step forward and two steps back. We should all just stop it! (Apart from you Ali. You carry on.)...

That was cute. Never thought you had it in you. Respect. Razz

Much love for mentioning me <3

Sureshot wrote:
Cool, can I have a rant now too? Razz

...whine whine whine...
*RANT OVER*

Yes its your guild and your baby. I like to point out you are the leader. The responsibilities of this are know by not only you but us all.

I don't see people whining much about anything. Sure it could be nice to have a concept or a name but it not that far into the game development to actually bother.

You're doing a nice job SS... Just have some more balls and as Red said don't try to please everyone >.> Razz

And don't get mad at me whining. You recruited me and you knew what ass you were taking Razz
I'm mostly joking anyway.

Lunarwolf wrote:
Um - just a thought..

Assuming BioWare don't implement a specific "bounty" system into the game (which I for one don't think they will do as that will put too much emphasis on one class), doesn't that mean we can be bounty hunters without being the bounty hunter class?

I mean a Jedi going after a Sith Apprentice is a bounty hunter. They're hunting their quarry but in this case their bounty is the approval of their master coupled with the re balancing of the force.

A smuggler who spends a vast majority of his time searching up info on a particular mark so they can rob their place blind when it's empty is a bounty hunter. The 'hunt' is the research on the individuals' movements, the 'bounty' is whatever they can steal..

What I'm saying is that we don't need to be the Bounty Hunter class to be the bounty-hunters, protection racketeers, information brokers and smugglers we signed up to be.

Let BioWare screw us with their faction-specific classes. If our guild puts a hit on someone, and we roll in playing whatever class our character is, we're technically bounty hunters!

With that thought in mind, surely being Republic is doable?

Do we want to play bounty hunters? or all be the Bounty Hunter class?

Remember! A bounty hunter is a vocation, not a class!

I can't agree with this MORE. Remember! A bounty hunter is a vocation, not a class! Same as many others. I don't care about the game story it won't brake my immersion if i have a quest for a soldier but i roleplay a bounty hunter. C'mon use some imagination.

And seriously guys. No need to whine like little girls here. Its to early to even know how the factions will work actually to be bothered with such silly issues. In the end we will all have to choose if we stay with the guild or try our own way. Or both... Right now its not worth any stress.

My point in all this was if there is no real inter faction communication its pointless to split the guild as the split will only make two separate guilds that will go their separate way.

Alts are fun but we will all prefer one character and spend most of the time on it as a main. Sooner or later one side will feel alienated as for sure one will be favoured. Just how the things go. And i don't agree with what Red said that the forum will be a basis of all the action when the game starts. Sure people will visit it. But mostly just visit...

To wrap it all up. We should wait and see which way the game goes. Then discuss and choose what to do. Thats what mature people do.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go   Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Aliendra wrote:
You're doing a nice job SS... Just have some more balls and as Red said don't try to please everyone >.>

Cheers...I think! There's a fine line between having balls and being inpolite and difficult though. Maybe you're right about me trying to hard to please everyone. I'm thinking of just running things the way I intended from now and if you're with me you're with me and if you're not then you're not. Simple as that.

Aliendra wrote:

can't agree with this MORE. Remember! A bounty hunter is a vocation, not a class! Same as many others. I don't care about the game story it won't brake my immersion if i have a quest for a soldier but i roleplay a bounty hunter. C'mon use some imagination.

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree and telling people to "use some imagination" won't change the fact that they'll be paying to play a game to play a class that they don't want to play. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. I like to think I'm an average RP'er with a pretty good imagination but still this doesn't appeal to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go   Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:04 pm

You don't seem to get the point there SS. Its not forcing someone to be what they don't want be... is stating that I don't care.. LW doesn't care and most role players don't care because the name above their character doesn't limit them to anything.

You think i'll be able to play a medic? What if there is no medic class in the game? Will that limit me? Hell no! Aliendra will be around... even if i'll be playing a jedi or sith as a character.. or a bounty hunter....Those are JUST avatars for me and what I care about is what will their graphics be and cloths they can wear... Not what in game"powers" will they use as this has nothing to do with role-play!

Same for masurigi... as long as she can wear what she wear and have a sword in her hand nothing else is really that important. Its just an avatar and she will be a merc and a bouty hunter even if i have to make her a jedi...

Thats my point.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go   Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:35 pm

This topic has been locked before things or more importantly 'I' blow up and start making rash decisions! Twisted Evil

.....and relax. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go   Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splitting The Guild Into 2 May Be The Way To Go
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2