The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b10Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b11Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b10Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b11Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b1065%Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b106%Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b1018%Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b106%Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b100%Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Jedi Consular Discussion Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:47 am

So peeps thoughts on the JC? Personally I think it looks the @%&# @%&# !
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:19 pm

I'll just say the "nun thing" again Razz

It does look good fun, but I definately prefer the look of the Inquisitor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Sureshot wrote:
Personally I think it looks the @%&# @%&# !

That could be interpreted as really good or really bad. Either way, I like this class and I'm considering it for my Republic alt. However, having it as a true healer makes me wonder if the healing on the Sith side will be lacking somewhat. Hopefully not, but that remains to be seen...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Trust me it was a good thing. Wink

Well according to Darth Hater the SI will get very similar healing abilities with Dark Gift and another one that I forget the name of now so yeah I reckon it's a good balance. Also, according to BioWare some of our companions will be specced to healer if we ever find ourselves short.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Sureshot wrote:
Trust me it was a good thing. Wink

Well according to Darth Hater the SI will get very similar healing abilities with Dark Gift and another one that I forget the name of now so yeah I reckon it's a good balance. Also, according to BioWare some of our companions will be specced to healer if we ever find ourselves short.

uh-huh; this is them:

Darth Hater's Information Extravaganza wrote:

Dark Meditation – This is the Sith Inquisitor’s out of combat (OOC) heal. It replenishes force bar as well as health.

Dark Gift – This is a healing ability that can be used on the Inquisitor or an ally. This ability can be used in and out of combat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:05 pm

By the way can someone tell me what happens in the three videos on the holonet? This laptop is crap and it wont stream them properly. Sad
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:27 pm

1) The Consular takes down three guys in close combat with a lightsabre with seemingly well choreographed moves.
2) The Consular uses a sort of "force wave" - an area of effect blast to take out surrounding people.
3) The Consular seems to be fighting a massive bug - resembling a humanoid Acklay, and uses a force lift and drop move to destroy it.

Last edited by Harlequin2 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Awesome thanks Harly. Smile

Can't wait to check it out when I get my PC back.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am

Quote :
My favorite Star Wars™️ film has always been The Empire Strikes Back™️. But while the battle of Hoth will keep me glued to the screen for that second when the AT-ATs appear out of the snow, the film’s defining moments are on Dagobah, while Luke struggles and trains with Master Yoda.

Before that, the Force was just a word that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader used, for a power whose glory days were long over. But on Dagobah, with Luke, we saw the Force differently; not as some simple trick that made Imperial Stormtroopers look the other way, but something greater. The Force™️ is a living energy binding the galaxy as a whole. It is something that, in the hands of a master, could raise a lost X-Wing from the depths of a swamp. And after the cave where Luke faced his greatest fears, we understood the most important lesson for a Jedi: you can’t solve every problem with one stroke of your Lightsaber.

The Jedi Consular knows that lesson better than anyone. Trained in the arts of the Force, driven by curiosity and the search for knowledge, the Jedi Consular sees that through the Force, all things are connected.

As a Jedi Consular, your journey begins among the ruins and forests of Tython, still full of dangers and secrets after so many centuries. But the business of the Jedi Order is never confined to one world. You may find yourself inching through ancient ruins seeking proof of lost cultures, discovering and mastering forgotten Force techniques, planning an assault on an enemy base with Republic armies waiting on your unique insights, or even representing your order to a strange alien culture, whose first question is: “What’s a Jedi?”

And as your knowledge and experience grows, so does your reputation. The Jedi Council will entrust you with its most dangerous and delicate missions. Among the Sith, there will be whispers in the highest circles of a powerful new enemy. Maybe you’ll even get the chance to teach a new generation of Jedi, just as your master taught you.

But the Jedi Consular, more than any other Jedi, constantly walks a fine line. The Force has two sides; truly mastering it requires an understanding of both darkness and light. And a Jedi Consular’s natural curiosity can often lead him or her into trouble. Walking the balance between light and dark can give a Consular incredible power… but that’s when the treacherous thoughts begin creeping in. Don’t worry about falling to the dark side. You’re so smart and powerful, you can resist petty temptations. And even if you discovered some ancient secret that could make you stronger… surely you, with your superior intellect and understanding of the Force, know what’s best?

When developing the story for the Jedi Consular, these were themes we wanted to address – power and wisdom, how Jedi face the dark side, and how they work toward the ideals of the Republic. But the key element of the Consular’s story is mystery, using intelligence and courage to seek the truth. We wanted to capture the journey of Obi-Wan Kenobi – someone who begins with unusual insight and talent, but who is still growing into those powers, learning about the galaxy, and choosing what path to take in life.

For me, the challenge – and the fun – of writing the Jedi Consular is keeping a sense of balance between intelligence and arrogance, between what’s right and what could win the war against the Empire. A Jedi Consular must sometimes accept the grayer path, the less perfect choice. He or she must make the decisions the Republic can’t, in order to save it.

Will you delve into the greatest mysteries of the Force, to master abilities few Jedi ever dream of? Maybe you’ll be driven by a hunger for the past, to explore new horizons and reclaim long-forgotten lore for the Jedi Order. Or you could look to the future, rubbing shoulders with ambassadors and heads of state, and fighting alongside the Republic’s boldest generals.

Then again, perhaps you’ll seek power for yourself, use your wisdom to bend others to your will, and mercilessly destroy all threats to the Republic… even knowing what the cost of victory might be someday.

The choice is yours, Jedi Consular.

Joanna Berry
Writer

"Oh no my Husband does the Driving"
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread SS_20091204_JediConsular04_580x325

"Washing Up time!"
Jedi Consular Discussion Thread SS_20091204_JediConsular02_580x325

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Just like their Sith counterparts the republic Force classes do not really appeal to me. I must admit that it looks like fun and who doesn't enjoy lightsabering and force lightning someone to death but when it comes to Star Wars those are things I have already done.

Before I try a force user I will definitely play my way through Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent and Smuggler to get a view of the Star Wars universe from someone who doesn't dabble with the force!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:37 am

Yep have to say I'm sold when it comes to the JC. It's still the only Republic class that really appeals to me and I'll be sure to playing one solo (if I have the time) as I've had it in mind to create a female pilgrim type character thats sickenly goodie-goodie. tongue
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Aww no one luaghed at my misogynist jokes Razz
I think might play a consular actually, after IA BH and SI they look more interesting then the rest with a more cerebral stroy then the Knights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:33 am

The character I've been using in 'The Celebration' is going to be my Consular (minus the nun outfit if I can help it) and I'm looking forward to information regarding ability trees and such. But the notes on characterisation and the walking that fine line in the recent blog land smack bang in where my Consular is coming from - so I'm a happy bunny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Consular Discussion Thread   Jedi Consular Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Jedi Consular Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1