The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Our own timeline? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Our own timeline? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Our own timeline? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Our own timeline? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Our own timeline? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Our own timeline? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Our own timeline? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Our own timeline? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Our own timeline? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Our own timeline? Vote_b10Our own timeline? Vote_b11Our own timeline? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Our own timeline? Vote_b1065%Our own timeline? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Our own timeline? Vote_b106%Our own timeline? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Our own timeline? Vote_b1018%Our own timeline? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Our own timeline? Vote_b100%Our own timeline? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Our own timeline?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:00 am

If we're going to keep track of what RP/lore events happen in which order we're going to need something like this:

Our own timeline? Timeli11

And some marker dobbers:

Our own timeline? Red_do10 Our own timeline? Blue_d10 Our own timeline? Green_10 Our own timeline? Yellow10
(If you need any more or want to change the colours this can easily be done using the Hue/Saturation edit)

Here's a quick mock-up of how it could work:

Our own timeline? Timeli10
Though it's called a timeline it should probably be called an 'orderline'. lol But later on if we get some solid dates from BioWare we can add in the specific dates.

And in future if we run out of space we can easily cut the line in half, extend the end and copy in the middle chunk to fill the gap. And if whoever looks after it always saves a PSD version before the final PNG, if there's any future event that needs squeezing between two close ones (ally cross-over RP or new piece of lore etc), it can be easily modded.

If you do bung it up somewhere we can have a post underneath listing a brief summary of each event and a link to the RP/whatever.

Anyhoo, hope you like it and can put it to good use! Smile
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:19 am

Thats brilliant Hare, I like the EPOCH design you've done there and the overall simplicity of it (in a good way) Very Happy

Now we need some serious sifting of dates from the SWTOR website hmmm, and the RP stories, I'm personally not sure on the timeline of things but I shouldn't be too hard Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:21 am

This is a bloomin' splendid idea! Might be easy to keep track of where we are at least. Smile

I don't mind writing up the beginning of the E.P.O.C.H timeline if you'd like to add it? I'll try and work out dates as best I can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:46 am

This is how I see it so far, if anyone would like to add in thier RP then let me know whereabouts. I'll try and crunch some dates as well but I might have some trouble without the GM's consent.

Timeline=

Event: "The Mysterious Falleen" leaves the Galactic Trade Commission and his position of Vigo & goes into hiding.

RP: The Swollen Shaak Cantina

Event: The E.P.O.C.H Agency is formed.

RP: Dark Secrets *

RP: Doom Amongst the Dunes *

RP: The Hyperion

*= Roughly about the same time?
Back to top Go down

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:25 am

How should we have the colour coding work?

RED - EPOCH (and/or ally?) Sith aligned RP event
BLUE - EPOCH (and/or ally?) Republic aligned RP event
GREEN - EPOCH Guild lore (non-RP) event
YELLOW - Canon (non-RP) event

or

RED - EPOCH (and/or ally?) RP event
BLUE - EPOCH Storytelling (non-RP) event
GREEN - Canon (non-RP) event
YELLOW - EPOCH Guild lore (non-RP) event

Something like that anyway. Any pref, or other suggestions? We dont have to use all the colours either if you want to narrow down the different categories.
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:43 am

wow this is a great idea, I've been looking forward to reading about the guild's background/lore
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Well I know we've all been having discussions on the background lore, but it does hold a series of problems. Firstly I wanted the Agency to be a relatively new venture so we could actually live out and shape it's own backstory through our RP. Look at it as live action and what we do now affects the guild and it's lore. Secondly there is the issue with being a highly secretive organisation which you can imagine causes a few headches.

Thing is, looking at it there are ways around this and having a guild timeline is one of them in my eyes. Through RP we're writing the lore ourselves as it happens and we're doing it in a fun way (I have in fact got something in mind for an RP that will be changing the guild background if it comes to fruition). My hat goes off to Hare for thinking of a timeline as it does in fact solve a lot of background lore problems, in fact I could even write a little description as each event happens if you like? As for the other problem of secrecy, well Lunarwolf has come up with a really unique way of tackilng that and I reckon you're gonna love it. Smile

We've also got a kind of brief IC background story as well don't forget:

Quote :
When the Galaxy was torn in half by the invasion of the Sith Empire, planets across the Core Worlds, mid and even outer rims were forced to pick sides in a conflict so all-encompassing that whole cultures bowed to one side or the other. To most there was no alternative, a line had been drawn carving the stars and allegiance was bought, conned or forced.
A rare few decided to take another path: where others saw oppression or salvation, they saw opportunity. Where many saw destruction and war, they saw profit.
As the Galactic Senate drowned in its own bureaucracy and the Jedi Order retreated to regroup and enter a state of regrowth, the insidious Sith Empire stretched across the Galaxy consolidating its forces and paving the way for a new order.
Behind this upheaval a highly secretive agency moved In the shadows, unseen and unknown to all but their wealthy clients. Bound only by their own moral code, they did what many others could or would not do to ensure there was a Galaxy left to exist in after what would be become known as the Cold War.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Does anyone else really hate how easy Hare makes this look?

Damn you and your design skills, dammit! *shakes fist to the heavens*

It does look blooming marvelous though and I for one would love a visual reference to this sort of thing, it helps establish a sense of depth to the guild.

Bravo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:

Damn you and your design skills, dammit! *shakes fist to the heavens*

It's not skillz it's magic I tell you! He's got a lightsaber that also acts as a wand!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:39 pm

Sureshot wrote:

It's not skillz it's magic I tell you! He's got a lightsaber that also acts as a wand!

[ Insert exceptionally dodgy response here ]
Back to top Go down

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:30 am

You guys are naughty! Embarassed

Sureshot wrote:
Event: "The Mysterious Falleen" leaves the Galactic Trade Commission and his position of Vigo & goes into hiding.
That's a fairly sizable chunk of text for the diagram, don't you think? It would work well as part of the 'extra notation' part in the thread beneath though.

How about '"TMF" spurns position at GTC' for the diagram notation?

And just by-the-by, have you got any thoughts on a propper pseudonym for him yet? Whilst I have nothing against calling him The Mysterious Falleen, The Usual Suspects wouldn't have been the same if they kept refering to "The Mysterious Criminal" instead of the pseudonym "Keyser Söze". Razz

(And is there any pref to the colour coding, or shall I just do whatever I want? - Ta! alien)
Back to top Go down

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 am

The timeline is up. I've put it in the 'about our guild' section. I've reserved some space for the event synopses just in case (which I'll get on with later tonight) but please do not reply to the actual "GUILD TIMELINE" thread. If anyone has any questions or comments about it then please continue to post them here. ...Like I'm about to do:

LW, would you say that your DS RP serves the Republic's or the Empire interests more? Or is it neutral (as I've currently got it)? If the answer ultimately lies in the grande finale then I'll leave it as it is till it's completed.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:18 am

Sorry I've only just got around to reading this properly.

Harewood wrote:

That's a fairly sizable chunk of text for the diagram, don't you think? It would work well as part of the 'extra notation' part in the thread beneath though.

How about '"TMF" spurns position at GTC' for the diagram notation?

Yeah thats fine. I see you've added to the Timeline on the other forum so it explains it a bit more in detail. As long as it mentions the fact that he went into hiding (which it does) then thats cool.

Quote :

And just by-the-by, have you got any thoughts on a propper pseudonym for him yet? Whilst I have nothing against calling him The Mysterious Falleen, The Usual Suspects wouldn't have been the same if they kept refering to "The Mysterious Criminal" instead of the pseudonym "Keyser Söze". Razz

Nope he's staying as "The Mysterious Falleen", "The Man with the Plan" (as Creed calls him) or just "Unknown" (for now). I won't be giving away any major details on a name until the species get announced for TOR. If Falleen will be available then he'll have a name but I'm keeping this one close to my chest for the moment. I'm not too keen on having a pseudonym for him either because I want to keep that air of mystery. Wink

Quote :

(And is there any pref to the colour coding, or shall I just do whatever I want? - Ta! alien)

Yeah go with whatever you want mate. That's cool. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:49 am

Harewood wrote:

LW, would you say that your DS RP serves the Republic's or the Empire interests more? Or is it neutral (as I've currently got it)? If the answer ultimately lies in the grande finale then I'll leave it as it is till it's completed.

Its basically neutral (just to be awkward Razz) though as you're probably starting to realise there are some Dark Side (not not necc 'sith') influences abound.

I wanted to reply in your Guild Timeline thread about how awesome this looks but I didn't want to mess up the thread - so I'm saying it here!

THIS LOOKS AWESOME Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:53 am

Wow, awesome timeline you've put up Red. 3 Points though:

1) Shall we also put in when our particular characters join up?
2) Pathway of Stone needs to be put into the timeline

And for the third point, I'd like to suggest we make our own timeline videos. I have some ideas and I'd like liase with Sure and Lunar if I could (you'll need a good speaking voice SS!).
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:57 am

Harlequin2 wrote:

I was think that too Harly, what about the stories?
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:02 am

Harlequin2 wrote:

And for the third point, I'd like to suggest we make our own timeline videos. I have some ideas and I'd like liase with Sure and Lunar if I could (you'll need a good speaking voice SS!).

Would love to mate but I don't really have the time nor a mic so that may prove tricky. Sad
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:05 am

Ah well, that's a shame Razz Was a good idea anyway...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:07 am

What did you have in mind anyway? I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:11 am

Well, I was going to produce a script with your help of what happened when the Falleen left the GTC - what kicked everything off. I was going to get you to do a voice over like they do in the normal timeline vids while Lunar would produce pictures with Daz3D which may include the Falleen shaking hands with Torgal, etc. I would produce the video then using the voice over, pics and some light star-warsy music. They would then be put into Red's timeline as pictures which links to the Youtube vid.
Back to top Go down

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:24 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Wow, awesome timeline you've put up Red. 3 Points though:

I wasn't going to as that would culminate in 30+ additional entries (and when character's drop out/are expelled) which aren't really milestones in the guild's history.

I'm planning on adding fanfic stories which pertain specifically to the guild (ie: not just backgrounds), so if you've written one that's about your character joining EPOCH then I'll gladly link it in. Smile

Quote :
2) Pathway of Stone needs to be put into the timeline
Absolutely, np. Just let me know when this is set and a two sentance intro synop and I'll add it.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Well, I was going to produce a script with your help of what happened when the Falleen left the GTC - what kicked everything off.

Well it's funny you should mention that.....

silent Wink
Back to top Go down

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am

Sureshot wrote:
Harlequin2 wrote:
Well, I was going to produce a script with your help of what happened when the Falleen left the GTC - what kicked everything off.

Well it's funny you should mention that.....

silent Wink

...???

More infos pls! tongue
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 11:58 am

Ok, well, I'd of expected that this will happen before 'Sins of the Mother' but it has to be after Hyperion, and here's a brief synopsis:

The Sith'ari Path, a breakaway Sith faction, hires the EPOCH to make a daring raid on Tython to find the source of a mysterious signal in hopes that the source is an ancient relic that will unlock secrets to the force.
Back to top Go down

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
Ok, well, I'd of expected that this will happen before 'Sins of the Mother' but it has to be after Hyperion, and here's a brief synopsis:

The Sith'ari Path, a breakaway Sith faction, hires the EPOCH to make a daring raid on Tython to find the source of a mysterious signal in hopes that the source is an ancient relic that will unlock secrets to the force.

Updated. Looking forward to your RP too, Mr 2^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our own timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our own timeline?   Our own timeline? Empty

Back to top Go down

Our own timeline?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next