The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
    Current US Time (EST)
    Latest topics
    » CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
    An Interesting Proposition EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
    An Interesting Proposition EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
    An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
    An Interesting Proposition EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
    An Interesting Proposition EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
    An Interesting Proposition EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
    An Interesting Proposition EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
    An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
    An Interesting Proposition EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
    Visitor Information
    Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
    BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
    SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
    SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
    Top posters
    Lunarwolf (6401)
    An Interesting Proposition Vote_b10An Interesting Proposition Vote_b11An Interesting Proposition Vote_b12 
    Sureshot (5209)
    An Interesting Proposition Vote_b10An Interesting Proposition Vote_b11An Interesting Proposition Vote_b12 
    PrioryJK (2575)
    Caryington (2420)
    Harlequin2 (1887)
    Commander Nord (1761)
    Tando (1068)
    Kleti (448)
    nosyd (435)
    Smudge (369)
    Poll
    Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
    Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
    An Interesting Proposition Vote_b1065%An Interesting Proposition Vote_b12
     65% [ 11 ]
    An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
    An Interesting Proposition Vote_b106%An Interesting Proposition Vote_b12
     6% [ 1 ]
    SWTOR Official Forums
    An Interesting Proposition Vote_b1018%An Interesting Proposition Vote_b12
     18% [ 3 ]
    Darth Hater Forums
     6% [ 1 ]
    SWTOR Roleplay Forums
     6% [ 1 ]
    Other (Please Explain)
    An Interesting Proposition Vote_b100%An Interesting Proposition Vote_b12
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 17
    Dice Roller

Site Donation
    Twitterlink

An Interesting Proposition

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

An Interesting Proposition Empty
    PostSubject: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:15 am

Don't know if anyone has being keeping an eye on our recruitment thread but it seems we've been offered to be an enemy of a european light RP guild called The Strategic Defense Initiative. After looking at thier background they really do look like the kind of enemy we'd come up against. Let me know your thoughts.

Here's thier background:

Quote :
    The Strategic Defence Initiative is a paramilitary organization aiming to defend the Republic against domestic and foreign threats, repel the Sith threat, and restore peace and order to the galaxy.

Although the military prefers troopers for combat, anyone from any class is welcome to join.

The guild has a mild roleplaying theme, in the form of voice chat protocols and events. However, roleplaying will not stand in the way of fun and other guild related/personal activity. The guild intends to participate actively in both PvP and PvE.

The military branch is led by a chain of command - governed by the Admiral of the SDI Fleet. Still, officers shall respect each member and will not have ultimate power over them, as members are "patriotic volunteers".

Although the military is free to initiate military operations at its own will from day to day, the objectives are restricted by a weekly mandate, issued by the Council. The Council is an electoral body headed by the President of the SDI. All citizens can apply and vote for the council.

The guild might be governed by the Admiral and the President, but still, every member's contributions are noted; all opinions are voiced and heard. Remember:

Service Guarantees Citizenship!
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
    Harlequin2
    Veteran Agent
    Veteran Agent
    Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:49 am

To be honest, the invitation was very brief and I felt like it didn't speak for the body of the guild, perhaps it was just one man with ideas? Anyway, I think I might pop over there and see if I can tie any knots. They do actually look like a guild we'd face up against and I like that they're ok with RP. Basically, an anti-terrorist military organisation made up of volunteers. We're not exactly terrorists, but I suppose if asked we could be so yeah, definately a potential enemy!
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:04 am

I agree we're not really terrorist as such but some of the acts we'll be performing certainly border on that level. They also mention that they deal with domestic threats and we're definitely one big nasty domestic threat! Wink

Cheers Harl, I'll be interested in what they have to say.
    Back to top Go down
    Harlequin2
    Veteran Agent
    Veteran Agent
    Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:07 am

Alright, made a post:

Quote :
    Greetings members of the SDI,

We are the Agents of the EPOCH, a Sith (though neutral in roleplaying terms) bounty hunter guild that performs both legit and illegal acts which you may consider terrorism or an attack against the fabric of the Republic. Recently, we noticed a post by one of your members on our recruitment thread:

Quote :
    Nice to see some EU guilds here. Perhaps we can become nemeses.

This got us thinking. Perhaps we could become in-game enemies. This means an OOC alliance of sorts were we can schedule fixed fights or skirmishes in RP, you can interrupt our missions and the potential for good roleplay and in turn - fun, will be amazing!

We invite you to check out our site here: clicky . We also invite you to our social freeform RP thread (a classy bar) here: clicky were you can set the mood for a deadly grudge.

In any case, EPOCH sends it's best regards for a good future and hopefully we can meet at some point, with an alliance or not.
    - Harlequin2

I've got a few points down about them:
    • They seem to have 2 leaders, 1 is the secondary leader but always stays on and is the guild founder, the 2nd is the main leader, the presidant and has to be voted on by the other members. They also have an elected party that comes with the presidant.
      They have a total of 7 members, 2 haven't been on in roughly 60 days and all except the leader haven't been on in an average of 2 days. I suppose they started those 2 months ago.
      They're bound by a very lawful and honoured creed. Didn't read it all, but it was all that "be kind to your behind" jibber jabber. They're very nationalistic.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:32 pm

A bit similar to CODEX (in that they're Republic and a defence force - how often will that crop up do you think?^^). And both guilds are using Guild Launch to host their sites. Interesting banner widget they've got but I can't say I like the site theme. Bit tacky Wink.

It'd be nice to have some Republicans to pwn, though Razz.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:51 am

Sorry for the double post but does this ring any alarm bells for anyone else?

frederikhavok wrote:
    Ok, now for a more RP responds.
    Damn you!!! E.P.O.C.H. Damn you for infiltrating this site and threatening us with terrorism. If you are somehow suggesting that we both join the same server and that you will somehow terrorize that server with your evil acts of evil, know that you will have yourself a mighty foes with the Strategic Defence Initiative. We will hunt you down until every last one of you has been brought to justice. We will never surrender to your kind!
    This may just be a bit of fun but mixing IC and OOC things in his "RP" response, the quality of which puts me in mind of the GTC, seems a bit amature. Their "light and non compulsory" RP bent may lead to some aweful RP cock-ups I'm beginning to think.
    Back to top Go down
    Harlequin2
    Veteran Agent
    Veteran Agent
    Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:11 am

Yeah... I raised an eyebrow at the servers thing admittedly, and they said "evil" or "terrorize" far too much (though some factions do see the other side as terrifyingly evil sometimes), "evil acts of evil" anyone? Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Nex Deus
    Registered
    Registered
    Nex Deus

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 am

WOOOO! An enemy! Break out the welcome wagon!

*straps on vest covered in Plasma Grenades*

So are we doing this?

*grabs detonator*
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:33 am

Harewood wrote:
    Sorry for the double post but does this ring any alarm bells for anyone else?

frederikhavok wrote:
    Ok, now for a more RP responds.
    Damn you!!! E.P.O.C.H. Damn you for infiltrating this site and threatening us with terrorism. If you are somehow suggesting that we both join the same server and that you will somehow terrorize that server with your evil acts of evil, know that you will have yourself a mighty foes with the Strategic Defence Initiative. We will hunt you down until every last one of you has been brought to justice. We will never surrender to your kind!
    This may just be a bit of fun but mixing IC and OOC things in his "RP" response, the quality of which puts me in mind of the GTC, seems a bit amature. Their "light and non compulsory" RP bent may lead to some aweful RP cock-ups I'm beginning to think.

I wouldn't read to much into it to be honest chap, Considering Harly put the thread title down as "E.P.O.C.H will not surrender!" I can see why he responded like that hehe! At the end of the day it's all a bit of fun. However, I would like to know what he means by 'surrendering'??? We have absolutely no interest in them doing such a thing! Haha!

As for the RP, well I guess only time will tell. After seeing certain members of the GTC in action though then I have to wonder if RP can actually get any worse than that! Either way though, they're european and they do fit in well as a possible enemy.
    Back to top Go down
    Harlequin2
    Veteran Agent
    Veteran Agent
    Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:17 am

Quote from another member:

Quote :
    Lmao, a tiny bit informal fredrick.

This sounds cool i love the idea. As long as it doesn't meen both guilds swearing needlessly at eachother, this would make the game all the more interesting.

Last edited by Harlequin2 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:58 am

The only time there will be swearing is if someone leaves the story without telling anyone! lol
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Proposition   An Interesting Proposition Empty

Back to top Go down

An Interesting Proposition
    Page 1 of 1