The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b10Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b11Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b10Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b11Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b1065%Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b106%Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b1018%Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b106%Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b100%Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Empty
PostSubject: Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui   Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:57 am

Considering this a is a SWTOR guild there doesn't seem to be much discussion of the game around here Wink

Balmorra
Quote :
Few places in the galaxy have seen the peace promised by the Treaty of Coruscant so thoroughly cast aside as the world of Balmorra. Fiercely independent, this long time ally of the Republic has led the galaxy in advanced droid and weapons manufacturing. Now Balmorra’s workers live and suffer under a full Imperial occupation force.

Soon after Balmorra was colonized, in the infancy of the Republic, it became a haven for some of the most prolific manufacturers of fearsome weaponry and battle droids in the known galaxy. These terrible military assets, combined with the planet’s strategic location close to the Core Worlds, kept Balmorra in a constant state of war. Setting its sights on the weapons of war manufactured on the planet, the Sith Empire resolved to take Balmorra, and in answer the Galactic Republic sent soldiers to aid the Balmorrans in their fight to preserve their independence.

As the war tore on and continued to spread, the strained Republic could no longer afford to spend its forces on Balmorra. Wave after wave of Republic troops were pulled off of the world for redeployment elsewhere in the galaxy, until finally, in accordance with the Treaty of Coruscant, the Republic was forced to officially end its support of Balmorra. A small, underground Republic force was left on the planet to aid their Resistance, but the Balmorrans knew the truth of it; they had been abandoned. Even so, the Empire was still unable to take full control of Balmorra.

Now, years after the treaty, a regrouped and rebuilt Republic is testing the limits of their fragile peace with the Empire, sending back the reinforcements they had pulled off the planet years before. Although the Balmorrans are accepting of Republic help, they do little to hide their resentment at having been abandoned years before. Meanwhile, the Sith Empire is escalating their presence on the planet, determined to claim Balmorra’s weapons, and put an end to this conflict once and for all.

The Battle of Bothawui

Interesting vid as it really doesn't give anything away like the other few that hinted at the smuggler and still uncomfirmed Spy, I think this ones here to develop the story a bit more and set up the Emporer in the next one.
I get the impression from watching it that Moffs arn't going to be a playable character, they seem to portray tham as incompetant and arrogant not something you'd do if you were having them as a new class methinks Wink
Lovin that Republic armour and lightsaber though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui   Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:37 am

PrioryJK wrote:
Considering this a is a SWTOR guild there doesn't seem to be much discussion of the game around here Wink
I think it doesn't help that we grunts aren't allowed to post official SWTOR updates on the site here and have to wait for Sure to do it. That we can't reply to the updates posted here and have to go of and start a discussion thread somewhere else also doesn't help. I know it's not that big a deal, but seeing a post and hitting the "reply" button is far more natural for me. I've never really seen the point in keeping a separate and pristine section here for TOR media when it's all a click away on the SWTOR website anyway.

I recon there'd be more discussion if anyone could post the news here when it's fresh and leave replies and comments to SWTOR updates on those original threads. But maybe that's just me! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui   Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:45 am

*holds up hand sheepishly* My fault! Embarassed

Sure's PC is having a few issues at the moment and I'm meant to uploading the media from SWTOR.com but have only got as far as Threat of Plot.
Sorry folks!

RE PJK's "Moff Comment": Totally agree. I think characters such as Moffs are NPCs only, quest-givers and galaxy personalities. I can't see BW giving us the opportunity to play one, mostly because then they'd have to give us a fleet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui   Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:22 am

Harewood wrote:

I think it doesn't help that we grunts aren't allowed to post official SWTOR updates on the site here and have to wait for Sure to do it. That we can't reply to the updates posted here and have to go of and start a discussion thread somewhere else also doesn't help. I know it's not that big a deal, but seeing a post and hitting the "reply" button is far more natural for me. I've never really seen the point in keeping a separate and pristine section here for TOR media when it's all a click away on the SWTOR website anyway.

I recon there'd be more discussion if anyone could post the news here when it's fresh and leave replies and comments to SWTOR updates on those original threads. But maybe that's just me! Razz

Well to be honest I did allow that before and some of the posts people were leaving for the updates were quite messy, not posted in the required format and didn't actually contain all the information, some were just even links if I remember rightly. The other reason I arranged it this way is because with a seperate section it'll be easier to find all the updates if they're all in one place.

I have actually been hard at work trying to update the entire section, which L-Dubz has kindly been helping me with. Unfortuantely I'm having a few internet issues but they will be coming soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui   Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Sureshot wrote:
Harewood wrote:

Well to be honest I did allow that before and some of the posts people were leaving for the updates were quite messy, not posted in the required format and didn't actually contain all the information, some were just even links if I remember rightly. The other reason I arranged it this way is because with a seperate section it'll be easier to find all the updates if they're all in one place.

I have actually been hard at work trying to update the entire section, which L-Dubz has kindly been helping me with. Unfortuantely I'm having a few internet issues but they will be coming soon.

I do remember that when you were able to regularly post the updates that one particular member sometimes beat you (and everyone else!) to it and did a pretty poor job of it, yeah^^ But we were never allowed (I think) to reply to the updates on the same thread, which was mainly what I was getting at. We can find all the info in its pure form all in one place at SWTOR.com in as many clicks as we can here. It seems like a bit of a wasted effort working hard to recreate that isolated pool of info here and locking it off when the point (as PJK so succinctly put) of this place is to discuss SWTOR! We could still have all the updates in one section whilst letting people discuss them, though.

I'm sorry if I seemed to come on a little strong in my previous post but I'm just trying to highlight what I see as a simple and a fairly obvious cause and effect: Limiting who posts official updates here, and when, and making convoluted the normally easy route to reply to a topic puts a barrier or two between BioWare releasing info and the uptake of discussion here.

Of course it's your website and I can see why you've got this all set up the way you do. Just making an observation and I think I have a valid point. Even if it is making me stray off topic a bit! tongue
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui   Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:40 am

Noted. I'm happy with it as it is though so I'll be leaving it as it is for now. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui   Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui Empty

Back to top Go down

Balmorra and The Battle of Bothawui
Page 1 of 1