The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b10Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b11Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b10Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b11Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b1065%Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b106%Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b1018%Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b100%Is anyone a Mac user? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Is anyone a Mac user?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Is anyone a Mac user? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:23 am

Okay so I may be setting myself up for a barrage of rotten garbage being thrown my way but I wondered if anyone is a closet Mac enthusiast?

I'm getting a shiny new Mac for my Xmas/Birthday present (I'll be 30 in Jan! :S) and wanted to see if anyone had any interest in Macs and knows how well the dual boot Windows works.

Any advice? Smile *Harewood ducks for cover in anticipation
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:26 am

No, i hope to get one sometime in the future though, my quad core computer should last me a while though.
Back to top Go down
Rasper Karger
Galactic Trade Commission
Galactic Trade Commission
Rasper Karger

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:33 am

I use a mac notebook. It took a bit to get used to it but eventually its no more harder than using a plain computer
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:48 am

Nope, but i used mac when i was i the army four years back and i will never buy Mac
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:22 am

I used them at college and didn't really like them, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Nope, never really got on with them in all honesty. As much as I moan and complain about the Windows OS and some of the peculiarities of the PC, its what I know best and I fear change Razz

Up until recently I've never really done any visual work on computers so never really had any need to use a Mac, but if the rumours are correct they're awfully good for that kind of thing as well as desktop publishing work.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll ever use a Mac unless one is literally given to me, because I have an issue with the odd snobbery that Mac users tend to have; I'm like that with everything in life - if there is a certain motorbike, item of clothing, phone, band or whatever that is "a must have", I avoid it at all costs. It why I'd also never buy an I-phone and its taken me years to buy an I-pod (and even with that I can't bring myself to go up from a 'shuffle' and have customized it so it no longer looks like one Razz)

To quote the World of Warcraft Machima Web-series "The Grind":

"So.... everyone knows they want it but don't know what it is or what it does? what is it, the latest Apple product?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:41 am

Well the main reason I ask is that all Intel iMacs are now shipping with nice 64bit architecture and OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is a 64bit OS. Since Microsoft are including both 32 and 64bit versions in the same box for Windows 7, I'm very likely to grab me a copy while there's a sizable 'quick uptake' discount upon release. So I wondered if anyone knows much about the cross-platform file sharing etc using Boot Camp?

Lunarwolf wrote:
...if there is a certain motorbike, item of clothing, phone, band or whatever that is "a must have", I avoid it at all costs.
I used to be exactly the same mate! But now I simply ignore trends. If something is really popular and sh*te, there's no way I'm jumping on board. But if something is useful, or designed well, or does the job better than anything else, my natural inverse snobbery doesn't hold sway any more. The only thing that stops me buying things now is the price! lol
I've only ever paid what I think something is worth and as far as Apple goes, their stuff is quality, but overpriced. Which is why I waited till Christmas last year to get my iPod Touch (which I love and have used every single day [got a brilliant SW themed "While Writing" play list for writing RP posts to Smile]) and why I've waited till the biggy 'three-zero' birthday + Christmas bundle to justify the expense of an iMac!

But yeah, the main reason I want one is for my design work. I'm even going to purchase a copy of Corel Painter 11! Yeah! I know!! Is anyone a Mac user? Person-smiley-9836
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:56 am

Wow.

Purchase? really? Blimey you're dedicated Razz

My other half has one of those old iMAC's up in the loft at her place so I'm tempted to play about with that and learn the ropes.

Only thing is, it still looks like it belongs in an episode of Blake7 or Space1999...

Is anyone a Mac user? 02imac_hero_f2
ewwww.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:03 am

Yeah, the older ones look very silly. That's the problem with fashions^^ I really like the look of the new ones though and think the new style is simple enough not to date too badly.

But yay to learning the ropes! If the machine can handle it I'd recommend investing in the new OS (circa £25 for the brand new full version) which is meant to be sweeeeet and as smooth as Liquid Silk™️ lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone a Mac user?   Is anyone a Mac user? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone a Mac user?
Page 1 of 1