The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b10Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b11Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b10Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b11Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b1065%Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b106%Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b1018%Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b106%Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b100%Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Empty
PostSubject: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:23 am

Datacache :: Extension 598624 348875 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

Well. We’re getting there. It’s been a long haul but I think we’re almost onto the last hand in our little game of sabacc. R. StarDrive’s people are still holding out for a better bargain and I can’t say I blame them. As far as big-league deals go, they don’t come much bigger and they’d be foolish not to squeeze everything they can out of it. I’ve a feeling Derstan would prefer to contract to the Republic Military but Hewitt’s people are throwing everything they’ve got at the deal. There’re a few concessions left I’m authorised to make which the Alsakans would be pushed to match. Hopefully they should be sweet enough for Derstan to seal the deal without it looking like bias. The man is dangerously transparent. And besides, I’ve still got an ace up my sleeve.

Anna’s wave was a nice surprise. I can’t believe we’ve been away long enough for Georgey to have grown so much! Lainie says he looking more and more like me. And what Grandfather wouldn’t be pleased to hear that, though I suspect the woman is teasing me – he had a very serious frown on his chubby little face start to finish! It’ll be nice to get home and spend some time with them. They all grow up so fast.
I doubt we’ll get off Rendili alive though if we don’t get that garbage compactor sorted out! Lainie’s busy with her tutoring but it’s not like we need the money and she won’t hear of me involving myself in the domestics. Though I’d never ask her to give up her independence, it’s such a distraction. And I swear, if I find one more ant chewing on my toes at breakfast I’ll call the rental agency myself – let her pride be damned! The woman is impossible down to her toenails and I love her all the more for it.

Barring any unforeseen hitches we should be back on Coruscant well in time for our Anniversary, which will be nice. I’d hate having to make a running visit of it. Max assures me the Regis is booked and the guest list confirmed. It’s costing an arm and a leg, but after sticking by me these twenty-five years she deserves something a bit special.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Datacache :: Extension 598624 352124 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Messages :: Creon:Theodore

Mr Creon,

There are many millions of credits riding on the deal Rendili are brokering. Not only money but entire futures depend on the outcome. Your reputation is such that there is small chance you would risk it upon losing the StarDrive contract but I remind you that there are things more precious than your reputation, the loss of which are not so easily borne.

My employer wishes me to advise you to sabotage your efforts on behalf of the Republic and allow the Alsakans to procure the naval technology under any pretence you deem believable. This will avoid us having to take more unpleasant measures to ensure our success.

H

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Datacache :: Extension 598624 352282 :: Communications Monitoring: Holonet Access :: Creon:Theodore

[This is a message from your compile and cross-reference protocol. The following is an automated to-text conversion of Audio-visual file reference: 598624 352076. If the transcript or any part thereof is disjointed or unintelligible please contact your system administrator.]

:: Transmission channel (Rendili Security) open ::

Transmission recipient: RenSec Non-Emergency, what is the exact location and nature of the crime you wish to report?

Transmission initiator: Yes, my name is Theodore Creon and I’m at home which is 248A-19 Hillpoint Gardens, Fairview, in the Shyering Mehong District. The crime I wish to report is blackmail. With intent to harm as I understand.

Recipient: I see, thank you Mister Creon. Do you know the party, or parties, who are attempting to blackmail you?

Initiator: No, no I don’t. It was sent to me as an untitled mail which I accessed checking my messages this morning. No sender ID, no point of origin, no signature.

Recipient: I see. Is this blackmail personal in nature or…

Initiator: No, nothing like that. I work as a negotiator and I’m on Rendili on business. The message demands I sabotage the deal I’m currently working on. It’s big-money.

Recipient: I see. Do you believe you or anyone close to you is in any immediate danger?

Initiator: (Pause) I don’t think so. Whoever sent this would need time to tell if I was complying, wouldn’t they?

Recipient: I see. Thank you Mister Creon, I now have all the information needed to classify your report. An Inspector will be dispatched shortly to take a statement and receive any evidence available.

Initiator: Alright then.

Recipient: Very well Mister Creon, thank you for your call. The Inspector will be with you inside one hour. Please remain on the premises of your given address to await their arrival.

Initiator: Yes, of course. Thank you.

:: Transmission channel closed ::

Datacache :: Extension 598624 352314 :: Communications Monitoring: Holonet Access :: Creon:Theodore

[This is a message from your compile and cross-reference protocol. The following is an automated to-text conversion of Audio-visual file reference: 598624 352087. If the transcript or any part thereof is disjointed or unintelligible please contact your system administrator.]

:: Transmission channel (Senate Bureau of Intelligence) open ::

Transmission recipient: Hello Ted. This is a nice surprise.

Transmission initiator: Hello Abdi, it’s been too long. How are you?

Recipient: Same old, same old (laugh). Nothing much ever changes at the SBI! Though at least now I can get a decent cup of coffee (laugh).

Initiator: Indeed. Congratulations again on the promotion. Sorry we weren’t able to make the party. How’s Orula coping? I hear vine-coffee is just one of the perks of your new office.

Recipient: (Laugh) You joke Ted, but she’s been acting like a crazed lylek! I’m thinking of giving her a job actually. Boy that woman can ask questions! She’s recently taken to dropping by the office if I’m here too late and the interns are terrified of her (laugh). It’ll take some time but she’ll get used to the idea that longer hours are just longer hours.

Initiator: It’s your own fault for being such a handsome rogue. And don’t think Lainie hasn’t told me the worst of your drunken pick-up lines. Everyone knows you’re an outrageous flirt.

Recipient: (Laugh) She’s a handsome woman Ted. You hold on to that one.

Initiator: (Pause) I plan to. That wife of yours is an angel for putting up with you and raising your fine brood. How’re the kids?

Recipient: Insufferable. Okay that’s twice you’ve complimented me and I’ve known you too long to fall for those Creon tricks.

Initiator: (Laugh)

Recipient: I’m all buttered up so lets skip to the part where you tell me what you need. I know you Ted, and I know you wouldn’t be calling if it wasn’t important and I’ll do whatever I can to help.

Initiator: Thanks Abdi. (Pause) I’ve received a threat. Corporate blackmail with an unmistakable threat of violence if I don’t comply.

Recipient: (Pause) Well I don’t want to sell your concerns short, but this is far from the first time you’ve had to deal with something like this. Isn’t it best to let the local authorities handle it?

Initiator: They’re on their way now.

Recipient: And yet you were still prompted to call me. How’s this one different?

Initiator: Well that’s the thing, you see. They’re obviously going to want a copy of the threatening message but it’s gone.

Recipient: Gone?

Initiator: (Pause) Yes, gone. I had left it open since reading it and after I finished my wave to RenSec it just vanished. Right in front of my eyes.

Recipient: And I take it that’s never happened before?

Initiator: No. And I’d love to hear you tell me right now that it’s just a cheap trick that any teenage slicer in his bedroom can pull off.

Recipient: (Pause) Well that depends. I’m guessing your security protocols are better than average?

Initiator: The best. You know the type of work I do. I’ve got my whole setup networked so I can work from home and it’s all locked down.

Recipient: (Laugh) Tight as a nun’s whatsit, eh? Much as I’d expect. Well I’m not going to lie to you Ted, it would take some pretty hefty resources to get through the kind of firewalls you’re talking about…

Initiator: (Inaudible)

Recipient: but… it’s more likely the mail had a self-deleting protocol embedded in it somewhere.

Initiator: But the shieldware didn’t flag it as having anything unusual about it. And the file size was small, I remember that.

Recipient: Yeah, but even the best mail programs can be fooled. That kind of passive hack isn’t really that expensive. It’s common to see it used for hate-mail or harassment but blackmail and extortion is where this trick is more useful.

Initiator: (Pause) So you’re saying I shouldn’t be too worried.

Recipient: I’m not saying you should let your guard down, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the flat-foot they send isn’t surprised. (Laugh) That it’s gone, I mean.

Initiator: Right. Thanks Abdi, you’ve put my mind at ease.

Recipient: No problem. Any time. We’re looking forward to seeing the pair of you soon. Orula’s been visiting her seamstress every other day, spending all my money (laugh). It’s going to be one hell of a party.

Initiator: Well I’ll not tell Lainie that, it’ll bring out her competitive side and I don’t want the staff mopping blood on the dance floor.

Recipient: (Laugh) Too right, old friend. Well till then keep me posted.

Initiator: Will do.

Last edited by Redwatch on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 am

Datacache :: Extension 598624 352721 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

I never fail to be amazed at the inadequacies of planetary peace keeping forces. The young lady was pleasant enough, I suppose, but was more intent on asking personal questions irrelevant I’m sure to the details of the case. She hardly looked twice at the main terminal. I can forgive her youth and its avarices, but not her lack of professionalism.

Lainie knew there was something wrong the minute I got home. Thirty years of professional deal-making and she’s still the only one who can read me like a book. I just put it down to a long day. The inspector advised that I should tell her about the threat but agreed to comply with my wishes not to contact her. I don’t want to expose her to that kind of worry again. I’m pretty sure it’s just another empty threat. RenSec are on the case and Abdi’s asking around. It’ll all blow over just like the last time and I’m not having her needlessly living in fear of something we can’t do anything about.

There simply isn’t any way I can step away from the negotiations. It’s not just that the Military want that technology; they don’t want the Alsakans getting their hands on it. My blackmailer wasn’t far wrong when he said whole futures could depend on the outcome.
I knew when I took the job what the stakes were and that the deal could get messy. Lainie did too, but we agreed the outcome outweighed the personal risk. I hate keeping things from her though. She’ll be furious if she finds out. Which she will. I’ll break the news gently to her once this is all over. She’ll be mad as hell, but she’ll see why. I guess all I can do now myself is try to put it out of my mind and carry on with business as usual.

Datacache :: Extension 598624 354844 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

I can’t believe it. I just can’t believe it. I should have told her. She would have been here at home, out of harm’s way. The bruising’s gone deep and she admits it’s painful. She thinks it’s one of her kids. There’s a couple causing trouble apparently and the teachers let them run riot. I don’t know why I didn’t just come out with the truth there and then. But I couldn’t.
She’s more annoyed about her blouse being ruined. The dye went straight through her coat and she’s been walking round with a red stain on her back all day. I can tell from the paint and her bruise that it wasn’t a glancing shot. If that paintball had been a bullet it would have gone straight through her heart.

Oh dear gods! What am I to do? They’re serious. They’re actually serious. I should have told Lainie. I
should tell her! For all the good it will do now. I know my wife and I know her inner teacher would advocate standing up to bullies. She’d deny it but her world view has become far more black and white since she went back to teaching younglings. And she’d insist on going about her daily life as normal but with fear and paranoia dogging her every thought, every step. No I can’t do that to her. Especially not now. Not after today.

She’s so beautiful, so strong. Well this is one burden I can keep off her shoulders. She doesn’t usually sleep on her front like that. I suppose it must be too painful for her to lie on her back… I’ll make it up to her. And I’ll make sure that this can’t happen again. Somehow.

Datacache :: Extension 598624 355017 :: Communications Monitoring: Holonet Access :: Creon:Theodore

[This is a message from your compile and cross-reference protocol. The following is an automated to-text conversion of Audio-visual file reference: 598624 352087. If the transcript or any part thereof is disjointed or unintelligible please contact your system administrator.]

:: Transmission channel (Private Residence, Coruscant) open ::

Transmission recipient #1: Ted. Two calls in one week? Wait a sec. Honey, it’s Ted Creon.

Transmission recipient #2: Oh Hi Ted! How are you? And How’s Lainie? When are you guys coming back to civilisation (laugh)?

Transmission initiator: (Laugh) Rendili’s a Core planet Orula, as well you know!

Recipient #2: (Laugh) Ted, there’s nowhere as civilised as the Queen of the Core! If you’re not on Coruscant, you’re nowhere. I don’t know why Lainie lets you drag her half way round the galaxy, I really don’t. She’s made of stern stuff, that woman of yours and I don’t know how she stays looking so young (laugh)! I guess it might have something to do with the toy-boy she married, ey?

Recipient #1: Is…

Recipient #2: Though I can’t say things here at home haven’t been at all bad, have they baby? I recon I’ve got a few more weeks left before he stops trying to compensate for being at work so much, so I’m taking full advantage while the getting’s good (laugh)!

Recipient #1: What! Baby…

Initiator: (Laugh) There’s life in the old dog yet then?

Recipient #2: (Laugh) You bet your @%&# there is! You think that drive to succeed was just professional? There aint nothing slowing down with age for my man (laugh)! That right, honey (laugh)?

Recipient #1: Baby! Please!

Initiator: (Laugh)
Recipient #2: (Laugh) Oh, don’t look so pained. It’s just Ted. We’re only teasing!

Recipient #1: Weren’t you busy doing something?

Recipient #2: (Laugh) I was at that! I’ll leave you boys to talk. It was nice seeing you Ted, give my love to Lainie.

Initiator: I will, thanks Orula.

Recipient #1: So what’s up? And remember this is an unsecured channel. Hang on. That’s you leaving us to talk?

Recipient #2: (Inaudible) …cook your own damn supper?

Recipient #1: Fine! I’ll take it in the den! Sorry Ted. One minute.

:: Transmission channel paused ::
:: Transmission channel re-open ::

Recipient #1: Sorry about that. Woman drives me nuts.

Initiator: She’s a pure delight.

Recipient #1: Yeah, well you haven’t lived with her for fifteen years. So. What’s occurring?

Initiator: Oh not much. I just wanted your advice on my ant problem.

Recipient #1: (Pause) Ant problem..?

Initiator: Yes. I remember you once saying you had some contacts in the extermination business.

Recipient #1: Ahh…

Initiator: Well I’ve been keeping the scale of our infestation secret from Lainie but today she actually got bitten. No, she’s fine, don’t worry. Just a small bite, but it’s got me motivated to do something about it.

Recipient #1: I see. And you’re sure you don’t want to hand this over to the sanitation department?

Initiator: I’ve thought about it but I don’t know if I can trust them to do their job. Even if I can they’re too slow. I think Lainie might be allergic and I’m worried if I leave it too long she might end up in hospital.

Recipient #1: Of course non of us want that, but with extermination once you let those chemicals into your house you’re never quite rid of the smell. If the scale of the infestation is so big wouldn’t it be better to just move out?

Initiator: It’s not an option unfortunately. If I just up and leave the place I’ll loose the deposit. And there’s no guarantee the ants haven’t worked their way into everything and will just follow us home.

Recipient #1: (Pause) Well I can tell from the look on your face you won’t be dissuaded. You’re a stubborn bastard when you set your mind on something Ted Creon. But I’m still worried about exposing the both of you to such harsh chemicals. I’d much prefer trying to contain the ants until the sanitation department can get round to helping you. I’ll make sure the service I’ll help you find includes enough anti-allergens to cover both you and Lainie in the meantime. We don’t want the cure to become the killer of you two, now do we?

Initiator: (Pause) Okay. Thanks Abdi. That sounds like a better proposal.

Recipient #1: Yeah, well it’s easy tear your own house down trying to get rid of ants. I’d hate to see that happen to you and Lainie. I’ll ask around and see if I can find you a private contractor you can trust.

Initiator: I’d appreciate that. I have no idea how long these things take, but sooner is better than later.

Recipient #1: Of course, of course. I’ll get on it right now. I’ll be in touch.

Datacache :: Extension 598624 356200 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

A contact of mine has come good in setting me up with a meeting tonight. He assures me these people are the best at what they do. And he warned me they wouldn’t come cheap, not that that matters. I almost asked Lainie to take the day off with me. Stay home for the day. But I’ve been acting strange enough lately and this, I fear, would be the proverbial straw. I told her that some of the younger divisional managers I’ve got to know at R. StarDrive have noted my rising stress levels and have insisted on taking me out on the town tonight to blow off some steam. Unable to risk offending them I said yes, I told her. She sympathised with me, said no wonder I was looking so glum bless her heart.

I have no idea what to expect for tonight. All I have is an address of a cantina. I’ve done everything I can think of to prepare. I’ve pre-authorised large transactions so there’s no problem transferring credits – I just hope they don’t want cash. I’ve complied onto memory chip a list of locations Lainie and I regularly visit and the routs we take, too. Hell, I’ve even printed a hard-copy and put it in a nice little plastic wallet like it’s some god-damn fraking seminar I’m going to! What the hell is wrong with me? This is what I
DO. Meet the man. Make the deal… I guess I’m just not used to the idea of my wife’s life hanging in the balance. I’m far from naïve but I know I’m out of my depth here. Flying blind with no radar. I wouldn’t have thought to switch passenger cabs at least twice on the way in case RenSec are actually doing their job. I just want this nightmare over with and to get us safely back on Coruscant. Take Lainie and Anna and Georgey on a long cruise somewhere.

If I can still afford a holiday when this is over… I just wish I knew what to expect.

Last edited by Redwatch on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:52 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 am

Datacache :: Extension 598624 357041 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

My contact chooses his associates very well indeed. That's almost put my mind at ease. I can’t believe what a relief I feel. And she certainly wasn’t what I was expecting. Not that I knew what to expect, but being so immaculately suited she looked as out of place in that dive as I felt. If she hadn’t asked me by name to join her I would have thought her to be someone out chasing down some much-needed danger in her middling years.

Gods what a relief it is! Oh, I know we’re not out of the woods yet but I’m assured that by tomorrow we’ll be as good as untouchable. Which is what I’d hoped. I could have stretched out the recess by another day but that would have raised some eyebrows. Now if can forge ahead and close the deal I can get us the hell out of here. Not that I’m complaining because I believe their protection will be worth every decicred, but their daily rates are astronomical. But professionalism costs. And I can believe they actually are that professional if she herself is anything to go by. Very plain-talking and actually very gracious. I’m no fool and can spot another player but I think we both saw the game for what it was. Knowing the meeting was probably engineered to go exactly like it did didn’t stop us lingering over our drinks. And there I was sitting in a dirty booth in a seedy cantina, pouring out my woes to a stranger. I suppose I needed to, and she was genuine in her attention. There was no finely balanced sincerity, no sympathetic nods and simulated apathy. She was just a compassionate middle-aged woman listening to the worries of a middle-aged man. She reminded me of Lainie.

Anyway, she confirmed their people would be in position inside a couple of hours. They should almost be set up and ready by now.

Datacache :: Extension 598624 357192 :: Delivery Notice (copy) :: PGPF Express

Pan-Galactic Parcel Freight Express :
Bringing harmony to your extra-planetary supply needs for over 150 years

35AD874I589F55PN5248

Delivery on behalf of:
GEARTECH UNIVER~
Order Placement:
Mr Theodore Creon
Floor 45 NW
Manarai Building
Manarai Mountains
AAAAA0012310ABNO
HXSDMCDKF64034BG
IDG58635VNM785NF
CV80084NF03N76DM
J3WRFB67USDE6370
8MCU7R3007NFURN1

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Delivery Address:
Mr Theodore Creon
248A-19 Hillpoint Gardens
Fairview
Shyering Mehong
AAHB01G5A55H0L31
8E961MG4KT9T9T35
PVR253UUJRC81G36
MSDIUDF644ER32OD
D7R1S9G3NX833QM7
58GHF4RT2W9FGT19

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Title / Product Id:
Sentry 5000 “Katarn” mobile comm. unit

Price:

Shipment:

Total:

Customer Receipt Id Check:
Confirmed

Want to reduce claims, and save credits? Improved shipping address accuracy Reduced damages in transit Expert packaging advice PGPF Express has the tools that can help eliminate claims Stick with the brand you can trust Pan-Galactic Parcel Freight

Datacache :: Extension 598624 357850 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

I received this morning the comms unit they sent me. Or rather, that I bought myself it seems. It’s a top of the line multi-function model but with high-end channel encryption. Very trendy. The in-ear receiver still itches, but I’ll have to get used to that. Looking in the mirror you would never know it’s there. I registered on the unit the serial code my blind date gave me and spoke with someone. Everything and everyone is in place. “I may proceed”.

So that’s what I’ll do. We discussed over dinner our schedule and Lainie’s going to hand in her formal notice at the end of the week. It came as a surprise to me that she was so ready to up and leave at such short notice. I’m glad that she in herself is eager to get off Rendili, but I’ll admit I’m a little ashamed that there’s nothing here she’ll be sad to leave behind. Maybe Orula’s right. Maybe I do drag her about with me. I always thought she was happy, but I guess it’s not fair on her.
I’ll ask around. Maybe there’s a cushy holoconferencing job back on Coruscant. Halving my salary suddenly seems a small price to pay for putting my family back together again.

Datacache :: Extension 598624 360535 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Messages :: Creon:Theodore

Mr Creon,

Perhaps we have not made ourselves sufficiently clear? You will desist in your current course of action in the negotiation proceedings and ensure the Republic Military fail to acquire the contract or your wife will bear the consequences of your defiance. Failure to comply will force us to take action and demonstrate what a fool you were.

I speak of you in the past tense. If you do not comply then you shall go to your grave with your last sight being that of your wife’s ruined body and spasticated mind. You will die knowing that she will be dumped on some Outer Rim @%&# heap of a world to live out the rest of her pitiful existence with no one knowing or caring who she is or was. No husband will ever rescue her or take care of her.

Am I making myself clear now, Mr Creon?

You have five days to comply.

H

Datacache :: Extension 598624 360612 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

I spoke with my attaché on the comm. They know about message already – they’ve been monitoring my network. I should be worried about that, but at this point I don’t care. What sort of a vile piece of @%&# comes up with a threat like that? The man is twisted! Evil.

Anyway, they managed to download a copy of the mail and isolate it or something. Before it had a chance to disappear. He said I should keep calm. Nothing has changed except now they have something they can work from. There
is a sub-code manifest in the message apparently. They’re peeling it apart now, looking for leads. They can take whatever amount they want to pay for it.

Datacache :: Extension 598624 360894 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

They’ve been in contact. They have a shortlist of suspect organisations. Non are very high-profile and most are unlikely to carry out their threat, he tells me. There are three on the list that are larger and more capable and which have either their roots on, or extensive dealings with, Alsakan. These three use the encryption found on the message and have operatives reported active within our area. That really spooked me but my contact tells me my money is being put to use upscaling our protection and trying to further narrow down the threat.

Derstan has today in private given me an unofficial acceptance of my proposed contract. Perhaps the bastards knew? That would explain the timing of today’s mail. Whatever the case, it means we should be able to get the hell out of here in less than a fortnight, thank the gods. Lainie’s sorting out the removal firm tomorrow. Once I know it I’ll get the name of the company to my guardians, even though they’ll probably know who she’s hired before I do!

“Five days to comply”… We’ll both be crawling with invisible agents, near to us and far, watching everyone, but I still want to beg her to stay at home. Lock ourselves away. Stay safe. But I’ve been told any deviation from the ruse that I’m just ignoring the threat would be dangerous. I’ll just have to trust them to do the job I hired them for. The wait is going to be agony. I want it here and over with as much as I wish the days would just stop.

Well, it’s out of my hands now. The cards are all dealt. We’ll just have to see what happens next.

Last edited by Redwatch on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Datacache :: Extension 598624 367832:: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

Nothing. Not a thing has happened. I’ve never spent a more anxious day in my life but it’s over now and nothing, nothing untoward has happened. If I weren’t used to getting tension headaches I’d swear they’d tried to poison or irradiate me. But after sitting in quiet room all day between meetings straining to hear every imaginary sound and primed to dive to the floor, I suppose over-concentration might be a more plausible reason.

The man at the end of my commlink advises me that they’ll continue their current level of defence but more than a day past the end of their deadline both Inspector Mehra and my secret attaché surmise that the threats were empty ones. It’s an odd mix of feelings to try and reconcile oneself to; obviously there’s the overwhelming relief that the danger is passed but spoiling it is a perverse indignation that the expected culmination of events escaped me. It’s an ugly simile but the feeling’s most liken to sex without the climax. I don’t want to think about what that says about me right now. I’ve decided to give myself absolution under the circumstances.

Rendili StarDrive’s CEOs signed off on the contract today, so that’s that. Job done. It’ll take a couple more days for Lainie and I to completely wrap up our affairs, but soon – so very soon, we’ll be back home and I can put this whole nasty affair behind us. God knows how I’m going to tell Lainie about the crash in our bank account! I’ll have to make sure the holiday we all go on is pure luxury! That and the anniversary party could explain away most of it. Maybe she’ll put the rest down to the extravagances of a mid-life crisis!

Datacache :: Extension 598624 368332 :: Media: News :: MainWave News: Rendili

TRAGIC TRANSPORT ACCIDENT LEAVES FOUR DEAD
A young man, a middle-aged woman and a young mother and her daughter have died in an early morning airway accident in the Shyering Mehong district, the police have said.

Stephan Marken, 25, and Ellaina Creon, 63, were involved in a mid-air collision over Fairview, in Shyering Mehong. Both were killed in the crash. Chi’Vess Tann, 22, and her [as yet unnamed} daughter were hit by impact debris whilst walking to school when the two vehicles fell out of the sky at about 0720 RST today. They later died in hospital from their injuries.
The road between Greenbank and the Old Warrenpoint Road was closed for several hours for forensic examination but has since re-opened.
Police have appealed for anyone who was travelling in the area and witnessed the accident to get in touch.
RenSec assembly member PW Bradburgon is heading the investigation into the accident and said it was a "tragedy".
“This appears to a really tragic incident which has seen four people, one of them a very young child, loose their lives” he said.
“My sympathies go out to their families at this particularly distressing time.”

Datacache :: Extension 598624 381499 :: Police Report: Investigation :: Creon:Ellaina

Rendili Security Vehicular Related Death Report

Case Ident No_________________
Distribution: 1. Dispatcher-Records
2. Identification 3. Detective 4. H-Y

Date____________________ Reason Investigated_____________________ Office No_______SM-U-91_______
Name___Stephan Cal Marken___ Address_8K-755 Brillkoin Building SM_ HN Ident___SC-Marken2944/77-PO__
Race______Human______ Colour____White____ Sex____Male____ Age_____25_____ Birthdate____________

Vehicle Reg Mark___GLX-23009-FRU9___ Registered Owner____S Marken____ Chassis No_____9/537585____
Make___Ridynetech___ Model___Skybird ZXi Swoop___ Colour____Nova Burst____ Propulsion__Repulsorlift__

Incident Information
Subject, [*nStephan Marken, left his home, situated in the Brillkoin Building in the Shyering Mehong Districtress], for work on the morning of [*date] and departed the property’s swoop bay in the family’s Ridynetech. Following the shortest route to his place of work at the Mo Gu Tsang restaurant in Shiyer Plaza.
Traffic witnesses report that Mr Marken’s vehicle suddenly drifted out of lane whilst over the outskirts of Fairview. The vehicle proceeded to quickly descend into a cross section of air-traffic below.
Mr Marken’s spouse, Peleobe Marken, reported her husband to be suffering from erratic sleeping patterns and exhaustion.

Conclusion of Analysis
A power feedback due to a faulty coupling in the navicom resulted in loss of autonavigation which caused the vehicle to drift into oncoming traffic. Secondary systems failed to re-boot the navicom to correct the drift because of poorly integrated illegal software modifications. The pilot failed to manually correct the course of the vehicle in time to avoid collision.
Conclusion of accidental death.

Datacache :: Extension 598624 368633 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Messages :: Creon:Theodore

I hope you enjoyed your visit from rensec you piece fo s**t. That b***h is burning in hell and i’ll see your daughter and her brat join her before my people are done Youre a dead man Creon, You nd your whole f***ing family!

Datacache :: Extension 598624 369176 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

My beautiful wife, my dearest, my only. Lainie, I’m so sorry that I couldn’t keep you safe. That I couldn’t protect you from danger. From my mistakes.
My memories of you, and of us, will never grow old. They are written on my heart in letters of gold.
Georgey is young and does not understand but he knows that if he feels sad or misses his Grandma all he need do is wave at the night sky. His Grandma is looking down from the stars.

Please forgive me.

All my love,
Teddy

Datacache :: Extension 598624 375947 :: Media: News :: MainWave News: Alsakan

HOMELAND SECURITY FAIL TO FIND LEADS
A spokesperson for the Alsakan Homeland Security Force admits they have encountered “a wall of silence” regarding the recent spate terrorist attacks and violent deaths.

In an interview this morning on a local Holonet channel HSF Chief Officer Maxwell Gorvellian spoke of the security force’s frustration of a lack witnesses to any of the crimes and appealed to public to come forward if they have any information.
“These crimes are very clearly related. Most of the deaths we have seen have involved known or suspected criminals” he said.
“We believe this to be the result of a type of gang-warfare being waged on the streets of our cities and innocent bystanders are now paying the price.”
The first of the murders of those believed to be connected to the case occurred five days ago at the residence of Ton’Vlek Ano. Mr Ano, a notorious criminal widely believed to be head of a planet wide mafia, and eleven of his associates, were the victims.
Since then at least two other major criminal organisations know to the HSF have been targeted with assassinations and the recent explosion decimating a restaurant on the Tylerin Enbankment is believed to be related.
Many support organisations for the victims of crime have hailed the crime wave a much needed purge but the security force warn that any copy-cat vigilante action will not be tolerated.
The death count currently totals at 54 with 12 persons reported missing.

Datacache :: Extension 598624 377392 :: Unauthorised Transcription: Personal Log :: Creon:Theodore

It’s all over. Anna and Georgey will be safe. I can’t let myself think about it; they were all criminals. They all chose the life they lead and knew how it could end. Casualties weren’t zero. I knew they wouldn’t be and didn’t need telling but weighed against past and future victims of those bastards… Well.
They didn’t seem surprised when I turned to them again for help, which I thought they would be. I couldn’t blame them for failing to keep Lainie out of a mid-air collision and it seems they thought so too.

Payment was my only problem. Judging from their protection rates, I knew the scale of permanently removing the threat from my family would dearly cost. Cost far more than what can possibly be paid by an individual in one lifetime. They said not to worry about that. In lieu of payment they asked if I would agree to represent their interests, anonymous and public, in whatever negotiations they held in future. It would all be above board and they’d even pay me generously for my work. All I needed to do was decide if I could take this step and not look back. I’m no fool. I knew this meant they’d own me, but it was a small price to pay for saving my family. And, I’ll admit, for getting vengeance. Not for Lainie, she would never condone my actions, but for me. For all they took from me. I’ll not pretty it up in word or thought by calling it justice. That’d be a lie. It was revenge. Pure and simple. I’m no better than any man throughout the galaxy; hurt me and I’ll strike you back. I’ve learned a depth of hatred I’d never believed in before…

Anyway, like I say, it’s a small price to pay and I agreed. They apologised for the timing but asked if I could be ready to work straight away. Again I agreed. Anna and Georgey. They need me to hold it together just a little longer and make sure they’re safe. There’ll be plenty of time to grieve for my loss later…

A whole lifetime.

Last edited by Redwatch on Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:25 am

– RESERVED –
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:55 am

I feel bad for Mr Creon already.... Sad

Nice read Red! the first section is a bit hard to get into but once you get to the next section it all fits into place, I like the different types of text delivery in this its a big read but it mixes it up alot so you don't lose interest.
Is this your Republic alt btw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Cheers PJK! This is for the character I put together for my IC role as ambassador to the Praxeum. They do a lot of RP and IC chat over there so I built a dedicated character. I'm not planning on using him in-game at all.
In the current timeline of the guild Creon is already working for E.P.O.C.H. but this story-type outing is intended as a look back through the archives at how he came into it's service. This is why without much preamble I dump the reader straight into it!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Just finished reading this (as far as it goes) and I gotta say "Excellent Work Red!" I'm assuming the *ahem* blackmailing/hacking/slicing is in some way related to a covert group of operatives not a galaxy far, far away from ourselves? Wink

I'm a big fan of Theo, I think he's a really interesting character and its great to see him getting some of the attention he deserves.

Not sure I trust Abdi though, he (laugh)'s too much... seems a bit of Lando Very Happy

Annnnnnnnywho, looking forward to reading more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Thanks for the support, Dubz. I aint givvin noffin away of the plot! But you'll be pleased to know that I've just posted more of Abdi and his (laugh)ing. tongue

These posts don't let you put much up at a time do they? I think it's my over-coding cutting me short. Anyone know what the max character count is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:07 pm

That was a darn good read! cheers
Really liked how the story sort of pieces together in a non-linear way, kept me hooked.
And the holonet transcriptions are a great idea, sets up the characters in a very smooth, in depth way.
farao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks for the compliments, SF!

The middle part of Creon's story is all up now with the final part to come soon. I'm not expecting many people to read it. Certainly don't feel obliged – It's pretty much a stand alone-story and not important to anything guild-wise. But I'm having lots of fun putting it together!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:01 pm

It never ceases to amaze me the meticulous detail you go to, Red - right down to the advert/spam at the bottom of the emails. I don't have an /awe emote so I'll go with affraid as a poor second.

I think part of the appeal of your characters is their depth, be in Redwatch, Palu or Lilin (at least in her back-history as her movements thus far have been limited to the madness that is Dark Secrets) they all have a vulnerable side to them, they all have flaws. Theo continues this tradition perfectly, and its in these insecurities or weak-spots that the strengths of the characters shine through. Star Wars is very much about its heroes and villains, but they were all the better for their flaws: Luke's impetiousness, Vadar's misguided passion, Lando/Han's Greed, Palpatine's arrogance. Without these, the characters would not be nearly as interesting and its these sort of things I see mirrored in your creations.

I await the final parts with big, saucer-like eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 pm

Embarassed Wow. I really don't know what to say to that. Thanks Dubz! Have a cup-cake --> Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Not-tagged-smiley-15801
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:19 am

Where are you getting all those Cup-cakes, anyway? do you have a secret cup-cake factory somewhere we should be aware of?
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:28 am

You know, I'm really starting to hate all the good writers in this guild now. I envy you sooo much. Wink

That's a really good read Redwatch. I love the writing style and it sort of reminds me a little of a book I read a while ago. It wasn't a sci-fi book, but a horror story. It was excerpts from diaries, letters and notes. Can't remember the name of the book now.

I have loads of ideas for writing my stories, but when I come to actually write it down, my mind goes blank, don't know why.

Great work Red! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:40 am

Wow Red, and boo LW you basically said everthing I wanted to.

Its so immersive even when moving from one text delivery to another and the chaacters shine through, brilliant! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:06 am

Thanks for the compliments guys. The final batch of gourmet brain food has just been vomited up (chunky bits and all! Very Happy) onto the forum for your enjoyment! I've really had fun putting this together and might have an epilogue up my sleeve to fill that last "– RESERVED –" slot. ...When I've recovered from emotionally traumatizing myself! Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Happy-smiley-601 lol
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:28 am

[insert standing-ovation smiley here]

aw fek it:

Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Standingovation

That was absolutely superb Red, from beginning to end. I'm glad I wasn't massively off the mark in my predictions, but it was executed with such consumate precision and attention to detail that I was completely hooked and I didn't see the "mid-air collision" coming at all!

Have you considered putting this up on the Fan-Fiction section of SW:TOR.com? or is it for E.P.O.C.H. (and visitors) eyes only?

I'm running out of ways to say how bloomin' good it is, so I'll just end with

cheers
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:24 am

For a second there I thought we'd be looking at a happy ending but no you had to squish her and some small children Sad

Still an epic read Red cheers hope you do some more like this and bring you skills over to the Hyperion now!
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:09 am

Wow amazing story its so detailed, i wish i was a fraction of the writer you are xD truely something to shoot for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files   Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files Empty

Back to top Go down

Re: T. Creon primary recruitment files
Page 1 of 1