The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b10Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b11Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b10Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b11Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b1065%Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b106%Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b1018%Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b106%Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b100%Friday 17th July Update Discussion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Friday 17th July Update Discussion

Go down 
+3
Dugo
Lunarwolf
Commander Nord
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Friday 17th July Update Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Video Documentary 3

With gameplay footage

and comic
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:54 pm

By jove, they actually SPEAK!

I think that just rekindled my moany-ness right back to the world of "excited"

Mind you if they've giving voice to EVERYONE its no wonder its taking this long!

EDIT: In fact, you know the only thing that is worrying me is the distinct lack of non-human player character in that vid but, to be fair, it could just be because they don't want to reveal any in a vid (for definate) before releasing official info....I truly hope its not because they will only let you play humans as in KOTOR/KOTORII
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 2:37 am

I am more than satisfied with this update. Plenty of in-game footage, great news. NPCs will speak differently depending on what class you have around you? That's fantastic. And I think when doing dialouges in groups a NPC will speak to all of you not just speak with you and speak with the other player the same dialouge independently. This would bring a lot of realism to the game. When speaking of voices, I think they were really fine, and I liked the sexy voice of a woman with communicator in her ear. And Mass effect skin of dialouges is very neat, and I think they couldn't do better than implant it here Smile
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 2:57 am

Meh I was really after some definate info Sad that said we saw the HUD in action some great glimpses of combat (blaster bolt deflections mid-combat I love you, maybe some hints of a melee class trooper.
Hmm the BH voice pisses me off we better be able to choose voices, I don't want to be some Master Chief clone who "just wants to shoot stuff" *yawn*, and the facial animations they talked about wer'nt on display that much, yes they're opening their mouths and......

No races again? maybe they want to keep some stuff under wraps but I'm beginning to wonder if Bioware are going to do something really retarded Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:28 am

I absolutely loved this update. By far one of the best we've had since the game was revealed. The gameplay footage looks out of this world and really chaotic, which is how MMO's should be. Normally you have to wait til' you're in a 12-24 main raid before things get interesting but from what was mentioned in that GamesRadar interview, this could possibly be one of the first levels for the Sith class.

Personally I thought the Bounty Hunter voice was awesome! The "Personally I'm just here to kill people and cause damage" comment cracked me up.

PrioryJK wrote:

No races again? maybe they want to keep some stuff under wraps but I'm beginning to wonder if Bioware are going to do something really retarded

To be honest with most MMO's, the races are one of the last things to be announced. It's really annoying I know, especially when I want to get work on a alien Bounty Hunter character, but I don't know what species will be available. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:37 am

Sureshot wrote:

Personally I thought the Bounty Hunter voice was awesome! The "Personally I'm just here to kill people and cause damage" comment cracked me up.

Seriously I won't want to play if thats the only voice/character for the BH, hopefully he's the heavy weapons class one (ie big and stupid)

Quote :

PrioryJK wrote:

No races again? maybe they want to keep some stuff under wraps but I'm beginning to wonder if Bioware are going to do something really retarded

To be honest with most MMO's, the races are one of the last things to be announced. It's really annoying I know, especially when I want to get work on a alien Bounty Hunter character, but I don't know what species will be available. Sad

I didn't know that Smile I thought they might just say "Your getting an alien companion so we didn't think you'd need to choose your race" or something similar
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 8:27 am

"If you could do the Darth Maul thing and the Welsh thing, that would be great"
I though that from the voice director to the actor was real funny. Laughing

That was my best update by far. I got so excited by it I nearly crushed a grape! The game looks so slick and polished at this stage. It makes me wonder how well the game is going to look and just how near it could be. The game UI looks real well also. Umm I can't think of a bad thing to say about what I saw. The voices were great and BH voice I thought was awesome.

I need a Star Wars fix, NOW! I've no Star Wars games, damn, I'll just have to watch a movie. (Can you tell I'm excited?)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 10:19 am

Nosyd wrote:

I need a Star Wars fix, NOW! I've no Star Wars games, damn, I'll just have to watch a movie. (Can you tell I'm excited?)

*Points to RP / Story Threads*

We got exclusive SW stuff here for ya, sir!
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 10:29 am

It looks like many people think this update is great an i must agree to. It one of the best update so far.
Back to top Go down
Nex Deus
Registered
Registered
Nex Deus

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:13 am

That video made me want to Darth Nihilus IT IS GOING TO RULE!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:57 pm

He-he! Quite a mixed reaction to different elements of this latest dispatch, some I personally agree with and some I don't. But it seems everyone including myself thought this was one of (if not the) best developer dispatch to date!

There was more game footage than I've ever seen before and seeing the HUD and reaction choice interface in use was great. That Darth Maul/Welsh bit was hilarious!

I agree that after reading the PC Gamer/gamesradar article, the majority of the footage looks like it's from the early Bounty Hunter toon game-path-thingy. Which is sweet! No "please deliver this pie" noob quests but straight into the action as promised (can't wait!).

The, I guess they would be the "supporting cast", voiceovers were really good but I agree with PJK about the Bouty Hunter's voice. His script was cool and made me smile but to my ears the voice itself sounds well OTT. Mega-macho in a fake cheesy American movie trailer voiceover way. After hearing this my Bounty Hunter (when I get round to trying one out) will definitely be a woman!
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:34 am

check this thread on SWTOR community some have take close look on the video.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:11 am

Lord_Nord wrote:
check this thread on SWTOR community some have take close look on the video.
Brilliant find, Nord. I haven't checked all the images out yet but I surely will. Nice insights. Someone that analytical of updates is truly deserving of a Beta key! lol
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:22 am

Use this link not the SWTOR community link that was on my last post
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:34 am

There's some interesting stuff in there, and you're right - a lot of observations!

I myself noticed the "Persuade" option in the Text wheel and the Stealth Indidcators, but I think thats because I was ignoring bright light sabers and looking for 'Smuggler Stuff'.

The part of "Gigantic Hands!" made me giggle and I (somehow) didn't notce the Sith and the BH has the same barber!
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:37 am

I also noticed the presuade option, but i dont hope they will use the d20 rules. like the did used in KOTOR I & II
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:44 am

Well they only did that because KOTOR was based on the d20 system, the pen'n'paper RPG of Star Wars at the time.

The equivilent now is Star Wars Saga Edition which is still a variant of the d20 system but seeing as so little has been implemented from that work to this game (so far) I doubt they will use exactly the same game mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:47 am

d20 in RPG is good, but the D&D online was the worst MMORPG i played so i hope the dont will use the d20 rules.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:58 am

Wow you played D&D Online? I knew someone did somewhere, but I've never met one of the legendard gamers until now!

Nord your dedication to the gaming fraternity is admirable, sir! /salute
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:59 am

i played it four times max
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:01 am

I just downloaded the new dispatch to watch at a higher resolution and it was worth it for the extra detail. I'd recommend it!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 am

LOL! You nearly had me searching for new Developer Dispatch then until I realised you meant the Video Documentary. Laughing

Oh and agreed it does look a lot better in full res.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:01 am

Sureshot wrote:
LOL! You nearly had me searching for new Developer Dispatch then until I realised you meant the Video Documentary. Laughing
Embarassed Ooops! Just goes to show I'm not really sure what the difference is. I'm sure there is a difference! lol
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:23 am

Yeah the latest one felt more like a Developer Dispatch than a Video Documentary anyway. I'm surprised they went with that actually. Maybe it's because they showed a fair bit of a gameplay footage?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday 17th July Update Discussion   Friday 17th July Update Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday 17th July Update Discussion
Page 1 of 1