The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Lets play "guess the species" EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Lets play "guess the species" EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Lets play "guess the species" EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Lets play "guess the species" EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Lets play "guess the species" EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Lets play "guess the species" EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Lets play "guess the species" EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b10Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b11Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b10Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b11Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b1065%Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b106%Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b1018%Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b100%Lets play "guess the species" Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Lets play "guess the species"

Go down 
+6
Harlequin2
nosyd
Commander Nord
PrioryJK
Tando
Lunarwolf
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Lets play "guess the species" Empty
PostSubject: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:22 pm

This is a still taken from the "Decieved" SWTOR trailer, at the point 02:09, to be exact, shortly after the Sith/Dark Jedi round-house kicks the Jedi in slow-motion.

Lets play "guess the species" Hmmm

What I would like to know, is what species does that Jedi look like to you? (on the far left of the screen, upside down).

I'm scratching my head here because the nearest I am getting to is "duck".
My second guess would be a Rodian. Rodian Jedi? Hmmmm....

Anyone got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 2:05 am

Its a Rodian for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:43 am

Yeap Rodian and well spotted Lunar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:55 am

I remember seeing "her" and the Kel-Dor in the background and "duck" did spring to mind lol
Lets play "guess the species" Myster10

She probably is a Rodian although her skin looks too soft/slimey to be one, you can't really tell without seing her ears, jedi rodians aren't uncommen it says on wookiepedia
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:59 am

Rodian Jedi maybe i will play that
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:00 am

I'd have to go along with Rodian as well. But it does look slightly different than the picture above.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 9:25 am

Wow! Good eyes Lunar! I really think that is a Rodian. To be honest, I sounds stupid that Bioware wouldn't put them in - they're so iconic!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:28 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Wow! Good eyes Lunar! I really think that is a Rodian. To be honest, I sounds stupid that Bioware wouldn't put them in - they're so iconic!
Yeah but sooo ugly Razz
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Thats definitely a Rodain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:52 pm

I think it's a Rodian.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Bloody hell!!!!! How on earth did you spot that?!!!! Shocked

I can guarantee you 101% that is a Rodian. The shape of the lip is a dead give away, so its certainly not a Nautolan, who also have big black eyes.

More importantly have you posted this on swtor.com? I'm sure everyone would love to see this.

EDITED

Last edited by Sureshot on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:11 pm

God no. That place scares the crap outta me.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Damn I would if I were you!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Nah, I'm good. If anyone else wants to pick it up and run with it, feel free. I'm happy just to chat with Guildies ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Not wanting to put a dampner on this but out on my travels I've seen a lot of discussion about this Rodian. There's more of a buzz though abouth the fact the blue Twi'lek in the trailer is wearing the exact same jump-suit outfit worn by a blaster weilding lass with a black bob hair do from very early in-game screenies. Can't remember where I've stumbled across these things (I go all over) but a search could unearth topics if anyone is interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:55 pm

There ya go! I didnt think I'd be the only person who had spotted it! (Though, in my defence, I also wasnt aware anyone else had spotted it, I didnt read it anywhere or the like - I just slowed down the video to see what interesting stuff I could find)

Although as BH mentioned in Vent last night, it could also be a Neimoidian:

Lets play "guess the species" Othercharactor016
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 1:12 am

Sureshot wrote:
Bloody hell!!!!! How on earth did you spot that?!!!! Shocked

I can guarantee you 101% that is a Rodian. The shape of the lip is a dead give away, so its certainly not a Nautolan, who also have big black eyes.

More importantly have you posted this on swtor.com? I'm sure everyone would love to see this.

EDITED

This has already been posted on swtor.com many times, people now think the Rodian will be a playable race for the Jedi class.

I dont think they should suspect that just because of one picture which is not 100 percent Rodian.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:07 am

zoran wrote:

I dont think they should suspect that just because of one picture which is not 100 percent Rodian.

Sorry mate but that IS a Rodian and I'm 100% sure of it. I'm not saying it's a possible playable species though at all but it does look good for the Rodian fans out there.
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:04 am

And here i was thinking it was just a Jedi "poodoo"! Rodian
Back to top Go down
http://owl68.hyves.nl
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:08 am

Sureshot wrote:
zoran wrote:

Sorry mate but that IS a Rodian and I'm 100% sure of it. I'm not saying it's a possible playable species though at all but it does look good for the Rodian fans out there.

Not to be a nit picking bastard Razz but although it does look Rodian the only thing that is uniquely Rodian is the lip and even that looks bigger than usual for a Rodian, the green skin noseless-ness and black eyes are not uncommen.

I'm always a bit dubious about content by third-party companies anyway as this wasn't made by Lucas/bioware but from Blur Studios you can't be sure what the process was when making the trailer.
They could have had the entire thing given to them scene by scene and all the characters and movements mapped, or they could have been given free reign to add certain elements like "Random alien Jedi gets kicked".

Meh I don't know what i'm arguing, personally I think its a Rodian but I wouldn't say its 100% alien
Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:18 am

Woah.

I just checked out all of Blur Studios Vids over at their site. They're a bit good, arent they?

Good to see BioWare hired them for Dragon Age too!

Last edited by Lunarwolf on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:21 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Woah.

I just checked out all of Blur Studios Vids over at their site. They're a bit good, arent they?

yeah but they also do work for...(gag)... the Jonas Brothers No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:26 am

There we are – found it again! I'd mentioned earlier in this thread about someone spotting something else in the Deceived trailer; an outfit. Nothing earth-shattering but I think at least it shows the vid creators are sticking close to the reference material. Here it is:

Lets play "guess the species" Sithsp10

I can't take credit for spotting this. Look here for the op. The post is interesting but covers old ground.
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:56 am

Sureshot wrote:
zoran wrote:

You might be 100% sure of it but theres no confirmation, and until then it is really speculation.

but i agree it is probably a Rodian.
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:58 am

Redwatch wrote:
There we are – found it again! I'd mentioned earlier in this thread about someone spotting something else in the Deceived trailer; an outfit. Nothing earth-shattering but I think at least it shows the vid creators are sticking close to the reference material. Here it is:

Lets play "guess the species" Sithsp10

I can't take credit for spotting this. Look here for the op. The post is interesting but covers old ground.

Yeah, these pictures have been discussed quite a few times aswell, and most think it reveals the Sith spy class, the mirror of the smuggler which uses cover and similar combat moves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets play "guess the species"   Lets play "guess the species" Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets play "guess the species"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next