The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b10Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b11Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b10Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b11Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b1065%Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b106%Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b1018%Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b106%Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b100%Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview

Go down 
+2
Sureshot
PrioryJK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Empty
PostSubject: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:46 am

He mentions "some" type of space element Very Happy and a few other interesting comments, we need a mini media thread for this stuff really.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 am

NICE FIND DUDE!

This made me LOL about Hutta:

Quote :

It's an industrial waistline.....err wasteland
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:07 am

Very nice find, I avent seen this one yet.
And I hope space makes it, as I think it should be an important part in any Star Wars game.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:08 am

Was it confirmed that Ord mantell was the troopers origin world before this, i can't remember?
Where will the last republic class be then, Tython, Ord mantell or a new one entirely?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:18 am

"You'll see some familiar characters, such as HK-47.." he says, motioning to the board behind him, before suddently realising he just revealed something he probably shouldnt have done (if you zoom right in you can see the sweat on his temple...) "he may make an appearance in the The Old Republic..."

Hahahahaha.... muppet. /facepalm

still, great find sah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:19 am

I'd very surprised if there is a large space element in the game at launch. I think it will just be very simple and just really be sort of space footage when you travel from one planet to another, that sort of stuff. Maybe with a space ship as your home/house, instead of a planet side home/house.

To be honest a big space combat sim like what we saw in SWG doesn't really interest me. I'm more interested in the planet side stuff.

Nice interview , thanks for the find!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:25 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
"You'll see some familiar characters, such as HK-47.." he says, motioning to the board behind him, before suddently realising he just revealed something he probably shouldnt have done (if you zoom right in you can see the sweat on his temple...) "he may make an appearance in the The Old Republic..."

Hahahahaha.... muppet. /facepalm

still, great find sah!

He won't be doing an interveiw again lol if only they had asked him for a release date he may have just blurted it out, but HK-47 must the worst kept secret about the game geek
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:27 am

PrioryJK wrote:
Was it confirmed that Ord mantell was the troopers origin world before this, i can't remember?
Where will the last republic class be then, Tython, Ord mantell or a new one entirely?

Yeah it was. Smuggler and Trooper will be starting in Ord Mantell. Bounty Hunter in the industrial 'waistline' known as Hutta, Jedi in Typhon and Sith I presume will be Korriban. It'll be interesting to see where the next Empire class starts. If it is a Spy or Assassin then I guess Hutta may well be the starting planet for them too. Just speculation though of course.

Last edited by Sureshot on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 am

I wonder if each of the 4 planets will have two starting careers then?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:36 am

I'm not sure to be honest. I can't see anything but the Jedi starting on Typhon though as it's their 'place of hiding' where they've remained hidden whilst they collect thier thoughts or something equally as odd. Basically I think they're just on holiday as REAL protectors of the galaxy would be right in there kickin @%&# and taking names. Razz
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:11 am

Good find, i knew Hk would be in the game though since bioware said a while ago, some droids can last a long time. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:12 am

Great find, PJK. The thing I'll take away from that interview is all of the official confirmations of content. There's lots of speculation about stuff and assumptions that TOR will have elements featured in other MMOs but at least we now have a solid confirmation of:

• a 'space experience'
  • crafting
  • guilds
  • PVP
  • raids
  • an economy (player based or why mention it?)
  • auction houses (again one assumes for a player based economy)

So yay and hurrah!
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:48 am

Redwatch wrote:
Great find, PJK. The thing I'll take away from that interview is all of the official confirmations of content. There's lots of speculation about stuff and assumptions that TOR will have elements featured in other MMOs but at least we now have a solid confirmation of:

• a 'space experience'
  • crafting
  • guilds
  • PVP
  • raids
  • an economy (player based or why mention it?)
  • auction houses (again one assumes for a player based economy)

So yay and hurrah!

Not really, guilds were already confirmed from the sith and republic guild forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:14 am

zoran wrote:
Not really, guilds were already confirmed from the sith and republic guild forums.
I see your what your saying but I think the point I was making, that there are lots of things surrounding my aforementioned points leading us to only assume they'll be included in the game, is a valid one.

Your point about guilds is an excellent example. We've had a guild hall for ages due to the community asking for one, with guild recruitment threads and wot-not (controlled by the community) leading to the admittedly safe assumption that yes, we'll get guilds. But this is the first time (so far as I know) we've had a Bioware employee officially state that there definitely will be player guilds in-game. It's not an idea they're toying with, or something they're thinking about and have partially prepared for anymore.

I guess it depends on your definition of 'confirmation'. Guilds and the other things he mentioned were a safe bet but now their inclusion in TOR are no longer assumptions. Now they're confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:04 am

I second that, Red.

We hear so much speculation and heresay that its nice to actually hear someone from BioWare confirming what we've been debating for months.

I don't know about anyone else, but I see this sort of thing in a positive light and even if they are repeating themselves a tad, it shows great promise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:34 am

Great find Priory! I think guilds and HK were already confirmed in the forums and other videos, still, it's nice to get it confirmed, aswell as plenty of other stuff. I wonder what the space experiance will be like? In any case, I don't think personal fighters/etc will be crammed into the first release. It will probably come in the form of an expansion due to the scale of space and the player-owned space ship thing.

And yeah, I doubt we'll see this guy again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview   Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Inside Gaming Exclusive: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Interview
Page 1 of 1