The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
    Current US Time (EST)
    Latest topics
    » CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
    TOR interface screenshot EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
    TOR interface screenshot EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
    TOR interface screenshot EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
    TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
    TOR interface screenshot EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
    TOR interface screenshot EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
    TOR interface screenshot EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
    TOR interface screenshot EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
    TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
    Visitor Information
    Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
    BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
    SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
    SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
    Top posters
    Lunarwolf (6401)
    TOR interface screenshot Vote_b10TOR interface screenshot Vote_b11TOR interface screenshot Vote_b12 
    Sureshot (5209)
    TOR interface screenshot Vote_b10TOR interface screenshot Vote_b11TOR interface screenshot Vote_b12 
    PrioryJK (2575)
    Caryington (2420)
    Harlequin2 (1887)
    Commander Nord (1761)
    Tando (1068)
    Kleti (448)
    nosyd (435)
    Smudge (369)
    Poll
    Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
    Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
    TOR interface screenshot Vote_b1065%TOR interface screenshot Vote_b12
     65% [ 11 ]
    An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
    TOR interface screenshot Vote_b106%TOR interface screenshot Vote_b12
     6% [ 1 ]
    SWTOR Official Forums
    TOR interface screenshot Vote_b1018%TOR interface screenshot Vote_b12
     18% [ 3 ]
    Darth Hater Forums
     6% [ 1 ]
    SWTOR Roleplay Forums
     6% [ 1 ]
    Other (Please Explain)
    TOR interface screenshot Vote_b100%TOR interface screenshot Vote_b12
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 17
    Dice Roller

Site Donation
    Twitterlink

TOR interface screenshot

Go down 
    +4
    zoran
    nosyd
    Sureshot
    Lunarwolf
    8 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage

TOR interface screenshot Empty
    PostSubject: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:11 am

Came across this image on my travels:

TOR interface screenshot Interf10

We'll all recognise the dood from that developer blog but look! I never took much notice of this guy's screen before assuming the interface showed developer tools.

Looks like he might have made a little faux pas and left the in-game interface up when perhaps having a run around to test the environment textures?
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:15 am

It looks quite tasty, imo.

Something nice about a mini-map bottom-right rather than top-right too. (assuming thats what the circular radar-like readout is)
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 am

Ah yes! Yeah I think one of the guys from the GTC noticed that a while back. Looks impressive I must say.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 am

Sureshot wrote:
    Yeah I think one of the guys from the GTC noticed that a while back.

Rolling Eyes Well shame on you for not bringing it to our attention here! *wags finger* Bad Boss. It's a pretty exciting revelation, I think. I've been waiting for interface screenies for what seem like forever.

You haven't seen any shots of the "green outline" cover system, have you..? lol TOR interface screenshot Happy-smiley-8818
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:34 am

Haha! Alas I haven't but I'll keep on checking the GTC forums just in case. Laughing
    Back to top Go down
    nosyd
    Freelancer
    Freelancer
    nosyd

Number of posts : 435
    Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:34 am

Nice find and looks pretty decent from what you can make out.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:44 am

I've just thought; maybe this hints that there'll be a console release to follow the PC one. I was thinking that the interface looks more like a stand-alone strategy title than an MMO. Asking myself why, I came up with the reason that it looks more "solid" than an MMO interface where you would expect to be able to reposition the pieces to suit yourself. The HUD in the pic looks very fixed, which would suit a console port very nicely.
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:05 am

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it were also released for the X-Box 360.

Microsoft = Microsith

Lightsaber Battle
    Back to top Go down
    zoran
    Registered
    Registered
    zoran

Number of posts : 296
    Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:18 am

Good find, but remember that video was a while ago, so the interface may have been changed and probably has been edited dozens of times since then.
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:15 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
    It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it were also released for the X-Box 360.

Microsoft = Microsith

Lightsaber Battle

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't say that! Well actually thinking about it that would be fine as long as we're seperated from them. No offence to X-Box gamers in the guild but some of the idiots I've spoken to whilst playing Gears of War have just been plebians of the highest order. Anyway its doubtful I guess.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 am

zoran wrote:
    Good find, but remember that video was a while ago, so the interface may have been changed and probably has been edited dozens of times since then.
    I'm not so sure. The design process is really lengthy with so many stages to go through both on paper and digital mock-ups before production that once you see a working version all the major aspects will be there. It may change before release, but not much imo.

Sureshot wrote:
    Well actually thinking about it that would be fine as long as we're seperated from them. No offence to X-Box gamers in the guild but some of the idiots I've spoken to whilst playing Gears of War have just been plebians of the highest order.
    I'm so not defending XBox gamers here (though I am amongst their numbers) but personally I have never ever come across a more ignorant, offensive, unintelligent and immature collection of people in my life than the vast majority of gamers (PC gamers, btw) making an embarrassment of themselves over at the SWTOR.com community forums. I don't want to come across too strong in this opinion but most of those people make me sick.

Besides, everybody knows the best example of good gamers can be found on the Mac. TOR interface screenshot Happy-smiley-89
    Back to top Go down
    zoran
    Registered
    Registered
    zoran

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:59 am

Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:
    I'm not so sure. The design process is really lengthy with so many stages to go through both on paper and digital mock-ups before production that once you see a working version all the major aspects will be there. It may change before release, but not much imo.

Sureshot wrote:
    Well actually thinking about it that would be fine as long as we're seperated from them. No offence to X-Box gamers in the guild but some of the idiots I've spoken to whilst playing Gears of War have just been plebians of the highest order.
    I'm so not defending XBox gamers here (though I am amongst their numbers) but personally I have never ever come across a more ignorant, offensive, unintelligent and immature collection of people in my life than the vast majority of gamers (PC gamers, btw) making an embarrassment of themselves over at the SWTOR.com community forums. I don't want to come across too strong in this opinion but most of those people make me sick.

Besides, everybody knows the best example of good gamers can be found on the Mac. TOR interface screenshot Happy-smiley-89

Well I'm not really saying they would change the whole thing, but i can assure you they will have edited the interface and tweaked it.

I agree sureshot, i have a xbox my self and some of the idiots you encounter are horrendous, ironically i think gears of war is one of the games i have found the least idiots on when i play it, there are many more on Halo 3.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:17 am

zoran wrote:
    Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:

Sureshot wrote:

Well I'm not really saying they would change the whole thing, but i can assure you they will have edited the interface and tweaked it.

I agree sureshot, i have a xbox my self and some of the idiots you encounter are horrendous, ironically i think gears of war is one of the games i have found the least idiots on when i play it, there are many more on Halo 3.

You can't assure me of that zoran. You can't remove any doubt that the interface will change from now till release, unless you're part of the development team and in charge of interface design that is. You can offer an opinion like the rest of us, but you can't assure us of it being right. And besides, I’ve already said if it does change it won’t be by much. So what point are you trying to make?

As for encountering idiots on Xbox, I think it has far more to do with the type of game you play. In my experience FPSs are patronised by a purer breed of "idiot" than, say, the quirky Live Arcade games or RPGs, though CoD3 has never given me a bad multiplayer experience. Ironically.
    Back to top Go down
    zoran
    Registered
    Registered
    zoran

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:25 am

Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:
    Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:

Sureshot wrote:

You can't assure me of that zoran. You can't remove any doubt that the interface will change from now till release, unless you're part of the development team and in charge of interface design that is. You can offer an opinion like the rest of us, but you can't assure us of it being right. And besides, I’ve already said if it does change it won’t be by much. So what point are you trying to make?

As for encountering idiots on Xbox, I think it has far more to do with the type of game you play. In my experience FPSs are patronised by a purer breed of "idiot" than, say, the quirky Live Arcade games or RPGs, though CoD3 has never given me a bad multiplayer experience. Ironically.

Well i cant assure you i suppose, but theres a very high chance the interface will of been edited and tweaked many times by the time the game is released, lets just end this now its not gonna go anywhere.

I agree, like i said i find alot more idiots and immature gamers on games like halo 3, GTA4, yet i find more mature people on Rainbow siz vegas, gow ect.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:50 am

zoran wrote:
    Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:
    Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:

Sureshot wrote:

Well i cant assure you i suppose, but theres a very high chance the interface will of been edited and tweaked many times by the time the game is released, lets just end this now its not gonna go anywhere.

I agree, like i said i find alot more idiots and immature gamers on games like halo 3, GTA4, yet i find more mature people on Rainbow siz vegas, gow ect.

As a qualified Graphic Designer with games design experience I’m familiar with the design process and I’m just pointing out that opinion is one thing and fact is another. It’s better to think a comment through before posting. It irks me when forum space and people’s time reading posts are wasted on back-and-forth over-quoted pointless noise. Sorry to come across so martial. I’m the last person to quash freedom of speech and all that, but I’m getting fed up of pointless posts. I’d hate for this lovely forum we’ve built here to become another one where I always skip past users posts because they never contain anything worth being said.

That sentiment isn’t pointed solely in your direction, zoran. It’s a general whinge amongst members that’s been bandied about in private and today I’m giving voice to.
    Back to top Go down
    Harlequin2
    Veteran Agent
    Veteran Agent
    Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:01 am

Well, in any case, I love this interface, I can happily live with it, though of course, I'll have to get used to hotkeys, again... Sad I especially love the radar though, perhaps blips will come on depending on what you calibrate it to? WoW-like Sense Demons/Undead/etc.
    Back to top Go down
    nosyd
    Freelancer
    Freelancer
    nosyd

Number of posts : 435
    Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:07 am

I'm sure I read in a recent E3 interview, a question was asked, will the UI we used in the demo be the same one we get in the game. The answer was, yes. I'm going to dig around and see if I can find that now.

Edit: The interview was with LucasArts Executive Producer Tom Nichols and is here

http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-interview/

This was what was said. Interesting...

Quote :
    The UI is quite impressive. Will that be the release UI?
    TN: Yes
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:18 am

Nice find, it looks pretty cool.
    Back to top Go down
    zoran
    Registered
    Registered
    zoran

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:
    Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:
    Redwatch wrote:
    zoran wrote:

Sureshot wrote:

As a qualified Graphic Designer with games design experience I’m familiar with the design process and I’m just pointing out that opinion is one thing and fact is another. It’s better to think a comment through before posting. It irks me when forum space and people’s time reading posts are wasted on back-and-forth over-quoted pointless noise. Sorry to come across so martial. I’m the last person to quash freedom of speech and all that, but I’m getting fed up of pointless posts. I’d hate for this lovely forum we’ve built here to become another one where I always skip past users posts because they never contain anything worth being said.

That sentiment isn’t pointed solely in your direction, zoran. It’s a general whinge amongst members that’s been bandied about in private and today I’m giving voice to.

I never said anything useless and i quite clearly took back what i said about it being fact but i said there is a good chance, but continue if you want i dont care anymore i dont wanna get in a argument so I'm gonna stop posting on this thread, i cant really see the interface properly anyway. lol!
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:12 am

Right before this turns into a firefight, I'd just like to say that people are encouraged to post their thoughts as often as possible on these forums. People are bound to have different opinions on a subject and please remember to respect that they are a different opinions and each member is entitled to have them.

Now back on topic and please keep this thread flame free or I'll have to call 999!
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:36 am

It looks like a typical MMO interface.... And i rally hope this game is PC only...
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 4:11 am

TOR interface screenshot Flame%20Smiley

EEEK! FIRE!!!!

Seriously though, I really like the look of this ui. It looks clean and tidy (something that a lot of mmo's screw up!) and I personally hope something like this makes it into the main game.

A couple of thoughts though:

1. Do we think it will be customisable?

2. Notice how its predominantly blue? I wonder if thats the "Republic" version? It'd be cool if we get a different design (although identical layout) for each faction?

Hmmmmmmmmmm Question
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:00 am

Lunarwolf wrote:

A couple of thoughts though:

1. Do we think it will be customisable?

I hope so. I need my big chat text cause I'm getting old! Laughing
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:11 am

So you didnt take my advice then?

Honestly, if nobody else is in the house just lean closer to the screen and squint, like this:

*Wham!* Ah sh*t, too close. Depth perception is on the way out too...
    Back to top Go down
    Black Heart
    Registered
    Registered
    Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:48 pm

I don't care what the UI looks like--although it does look very good--as long as there are add-ons/mods! LotRO did have a good amount of the features built into the game but nothing can beat the customization that add-ons gave in a game like WoW.

By the way, MMOs don't work on consoles.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOR interface screenshot   TOR interface screenshot Empty

Back to top Go down

TOR interface screenshot
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next