The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b10I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b11I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b10I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b11I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b1065%I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b106%I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b1018%I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b106%I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b100%I know the release date is wrong but... Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

I know the release date is wrong but...

Go down 
+6
Harlequin2
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
Commander Nord
nosyd
Tando
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

I know the release date is wrong but... Empty
PostSubject: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:46 am

wouldn't it be nice if it's right Very Happy

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/10288458/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic/Product.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 am

You never know. It may come sooner than we think. I'm in no rush to be honest. I'd prefer Bioware to keep at it until they have it as polished as they can. But an early 2010 release would be real nice.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:38 am

I will wait to order to Collectors Edition or Special edition is Announced
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:01 am

Couldn't resist watching the Deceived trailer again, just cos it was there and it's so good. Haha! Though I can't wait for the release I almost hope it'll be a post-Christmas one. Get all that pesky parties and family visits out of the way first before dedicating one's life to the game. I know the release date is wrong but... Happy-smiley-601

Interesting find Tando.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:06 am

Lord_Nord wrote:
I will wait to order to Collectors Edition or Special edition is Announced

I'm with you mate. Something tells me this game is gonna be worth the extra cash for the CE. Assuming there is one of course.

Hopefully we'll get a limited ship or something? Hey, one can dream. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:14 am

I got the SWG collectors edition when that first launched. So I'll defo need to get the Collectors edition for this game. Just hope it won't be too pricey. Would be nice to get something usfull included in the game that will stand out and not become usless after a few levels. Whats sort of collectors stuff would you guys like? I quite like art books and things like that.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:34 am

Its so weird that you found this! I was considering checking Play.com on my way home from work this morning as they tend to put up stuff for pre-order long before an official release-date is given.

I always tend to put a pre-order in because with play it near-as-damnit guarantees you get a copy no matter how mad-quick the stock flies off the shelves. And because they don't actually take any money off you before they despatch it you can pre-order it safe in the knowledge you'll get a copy as soon as its available AND if a CE comes out you can just cancel your regular pre-order (losing no money) and order the CE one instead.

"Play.com you are, and always will be, my friend."

ps: Pre-ordered cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:54 am

Play.com, eh? Hmmm... Though they look like a good squad, I don't think that the release date is right. Anyway, I'd prefer Bioware to take their time, which they seem to be doing now and to great effect.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:06 am

Yeah, they were only 8 months early on the World of Warcraft release! lol

But, it turned up on my doorstep 2 days before the shops so I was quite happy! (although there is nothing else more frustrating that getting a product, updating it and then literally sitting there waiting for it to go live...)
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 am

FOR REALS??!?!? Razz
They must just pull random numbers out the air.

Quote :
Recurring monthly subscription fee required to play
I'm hoping this is true as well I've heard a few rumours about micro -transactions :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
(although there is nothing else more frustrating that getting a product, updating it and then literally sitting there waiting for it to go live...)

Haha! And on that day they stood in awe as the word "fanboy" was redefined. Razz
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:33 am

PrioryJK wrote:
FOR REALS??!?!? Razz
They must just pull random numbers out the air.

Quote :
Recurring monthly subscription fee required to play
I'm hoping this is true as well I've heard a few rumours about micro -transactions :/

Didn't Bioware say something about a micro-transaction statement being a mistake? There was a lot of fuss about it if I remember correctly.

I'll hold off pre-ordering until I see what pre-order offers are around the different websites and maybe a CE on offer.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:13 am

Release date news:

Ign.com
starwars-universe.com French

oct 2010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:34 am

Lord_Nord wrote:
Release date news:

Ign.com
starwars-universe.com French

oct 2010

That's depressing No. I was hoping for first quater.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm

I hope this just a joke by the french.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Lord_Nord wrote:
I hope this just a joke by the french.

It wouldn't be the first :S

Thanks the gods we have a good enough community to hold together if that really IS the release date though, eh?
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Thats the release date.....*waves goodbye to Guild

What scares me about this is by the time its out I'll have finished uni and have a real job eep
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Don't worry PJK, "having a real job" will probably mean you'll be on SW:TOR loads. Being in "a galaxy far, far away" will be even more appealing!!
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Gamespot wrote:

EA lowers outlook, Star Wars: The Old Republic due in 2011?
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpotPosted Jan 11, 2010 2:35 pm PT

[UPDATE] Publisher's share price plummets in after-hours trading following revised annual earnings estimate--slow holiday sales blamed; CEO says "major new MMO" coming "spring 2011."

Much like it did in 2009, Electronic Arts began the New Year with some disappointing news. Today after trading ended on the New York markets, the publisher announced it was lowering its earnings estimates for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2010. The Redwood City, California-based company now expects net revenue between $3.6 billion and $3.675 billion for the year, down from the previously forecast range of $3.6 billion to $3.9 billion. It now anticipates per share losses between $1.94 and $2.24, up from a range of $1.20 to $2.05.

EA did not have a happy holiday season, apparently.
"Revised fiscal year 2010 expectations are primarily the result of weakness for EA and the overall packaged goods sector in Europe in December, and a product mix shift to lower margin distribution products in the December quarter, primarily in North America," the company said in a statement.

For the October-December quarter, the company now expects losses of between $0.24 to $0.32 per share on revenues of $1.227 billion to $1.247 billion. During the period, EA had several high-profile releases, such as FIFA Soccer 10, BioWare's Dragon Age: Origins, and The Saboteur, the last game from Pandemic Studios before most of its staff was laid off. The company also published Valve Software's Left 4 Dead 2 under its EA Partners program.

[UPDATE] "We had anticipated roughly flat year over year sales in Europe…but packaged sales were down up to 50 percent in some regions," EA CFO Eric Good told analysts in the conference call. He said digital sales were above expectations, but not enough to offset lowered packaged-goods sales.

EA CEO John Riccitiello said EA's core strategy was sound and progress has been made on cutting costs, increasing profit, and bringing back the quality of owned game properties. However, he did concede that company management had "been surprised" by the impact of increased digital sales and the global recession.

Looking ahead, the executive called out five titles he expected to be major sellers in the current quarter: Army of Two: The 40th Day (January 12), Mass Effect 2 (January 26), Dante's Inferno (February 9), Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (March 2), and Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (March 16).

Riccitiello also said that the company is planning to launch "our major new MMO"--presumably BioWare Austin's Star Wars: The Old Republic--in "spring 2011." It was unclear if he meant calendar year 2011, or EA's 2011 fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2011. Ricctiello did promise that FY2011 highlights will include "a great new Medal of Honor…Sims on consoles…and an innovative new take on Madden."

Though EA shares ended the day down just $0.13 in regular trading, after-hours traders reacted swiftly--and negatively. A half hour before EA executives were scheduled to hold a 2 p.m. PST conference call with analysts, the company's stock had fallen more than $1.70 per share--over 9 percent of its value.

Today's announcement is the latest bad news to emerge from the former top third-party publisher. In November, EA announced the layoffs of 1,500 employees, roughly 17 percent of the company's workforce, and the cancellation of over "a dozen" games. That move came less than a year after the publisher's previous major restructuring, in which it cut 1,000 employees from its global payroll.

Gamespot

Last edited by Lord_Nord on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 5:44 pm

EA's fiscal year actually goes from March to March, making their "Fiscal Spring" April-June 2010, a release date that would make me a very happy bunny albino . That seems a tad early though, so maybe Spring 2011 is what Ricctiello meant.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:47 am

I have checkt what other franchise it can be and i have two choices. SWTOR or a new Ultima Online. So maybe it will come a new Ultima Online
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:07 am

To echo smudge

Quote :
"One key driver is going to be the launch date of our major MMO. As it stands today, the game is making great progress towards a spring 2011 launch," Riccitiello said. He then went on to explain that due to the volatile nature of the MMO market and the fact that they have not announced a specific date, they would not be including revenue from the game in their fiscal year 2011 outlook.

EA's fiscal year 2011 runs from April of 2010 to March of 2011.

We've contacted Star Wars: The Old Republic developer BioWare for comment on Riccitiello's statement, and will update should more info arise on the status of the eagerly anticipated title.

Kotaku
So *puts on business hat*, he says "the game is making great progress towards a spring 2011 launch", this could mean normal dates or EAs fiscal year, he then says " they would not be including revenue from the game in their fiscal year 2011 outlook" meaning theyre not including the games projected profit in their financial years outlook.....which actually doesnt help us understand what hes saying.

If he means the game will be released in thier Fiscal years "Spring" what will mean anytime from April to June/July, however I dont really think thats true as they never refer to Finacial Quaters as seasons, so if he means Spring 2011 as a time frame it would still fit into their 2011 financial year
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:45 am

Bugger (and well said Vader). Darth Vader

Isn't that Riccitiello bloke the same guy that said that the game woudl use a MT model though? Hopefully he's wrong on both accounts. Waiting another year is just going to be a haedache and I forsee a lot of frustration building up on the TOR forums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:59 am

It seems odd (to me at least) that they would announce the game with over 2 years before release? People are still rumouring about a October 21st release date, and even if thats true it could still be delayed.
And yeah its obvious I have nothing to do today Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know the release date is wrong but...   I know the release date is wrong but... Empty

Back to top Go down

I know the release date is wrong but...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next