The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
First Day EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
First Day EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
First Day EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
First Day EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
First Day EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
First Day EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
First Day EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
First Day EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
First Day EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
First Day Vote_b10First Day Vote_b11First Day Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
First Day Vote_b1065%First Day Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
First Day Vote_b106%First Day Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
First Day Vote_b1018%First Day Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
First Day Vote_b100%First Day Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

First Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fox
The Praxeum
The Praxeum

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-06-06

First Day Empty
PostSubject: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:26 am

(Hello, I know i'm new, however I just wished to write a small story and hopefully share abit more information about my character, I would really love to here what you think about it and any comments would be appreciated Smile )

[b] Another killing has occured in the upper levels today as local security is attempting to gather further information about the killer[b/]

It almost seemed funny, news like this in years before would have only helped in reminding Fox that in short People Werent Nice However recently these attacks were acting as calling cards for people he may well have to work for soon. And that, was a sobering thought if he ever had one.

Then again maybe knowing the tell tell signs of hits might save him in the long one. Take the latest for example, being thrown off a high rise building while not exactly elagant was clearly the work of the exchange. Now take those few 'incidents' a while back, three shots to the back of the head, scratches and burns covering the bodies, that was the work of someone quite different. A private group trying to make a name for themselves perhaps. Well whatever the reason killings like those did not sit well with Fox We're not lords and we're not scum, just men trying to get by, sometimes this job won't be pleasent but there's no need for spite "Then again" Fox thought, I'm hardly in a position to change things around here, not yet anyway

Suddenly Fox was dragged out of his thoughts and placed firmly back into the present, a chime came from his security screen and alerted him to the fact he was not alone. The ring of the screen appeared to be accompinied by a perculiar sense of uncertanty, it was funny how people tended to get absorbed into routines and familiarity, and when that was taken away it took a unusually long time to adjust. It was a new concept for Fox to be alerted when someone wished to enter his home, for as long as he could remember his door was on most accounts open. Stupid boy a logical voice flew through his head Those sort of thoughts are for when you don't have someone waiting at the door!

Fox had to admit, thinking back never seemed to do anyone much good. People who tended to day dream was also the people who tended to get injured, or worse, when they forgot to dodge an untimely blaster bolt

Ok, show time He didn't need the reasurance of technolodgy to know who was outside his new apartment. From what he had seen as of late this buisness was a fine mix of what you know, and who you know. Thankfully Fox had the latter, and the first part he would just have to learn as he went. (Provided he made it far enough to learn anything at all. Shoving his nerves into the back of his mind Fox proceeded to walk to the door, he had learnt enough from his short stay on Coruscant to know that keeping a blaster on your person was a good way of sending the message that you were not a victim and Fox had stuck to this rule as if it were a mantra.

Upon entering the security code for the door he was greeted by the smiling face of a young male Twilek. Although Fox had already been informed of the agents race it still appeared to act as somewhat of a shock. Being raised in a fairly isolated community, it took a while to get to grips with all the manners of life.

"I believe you have been expecting me, I would apolagise for my lateness, but well.... I'd rather not. Are you going to invite me in? These talks tend to create un-wanted attention"

While young, Fox knew it would not be a good idea to leave a person like this standing outside and cautiously let the man in. After seemingly inspecting the apartment, the Twilek shot a sudden glance at Fox and proceeded to grin

"So, your looking to make a name for yourself young one?" Quickly Fox replied with a stern nod, any spoken words would surely be accompinied with a tone of aprehension, and that would not go down well at all. " Well then, I best help you on your path !" The man seemed to speak in a mannor that if not trained would almost come across as kind, however Fox knew better than to let his guard down. Slowly the man began to walk over to Fox and was producing something from his left pocket, to his relief the shape of the item did not resemble a blaster, at least any blaster Fox had ever seen.

" The Information is on the disk" The Twilek revealed " If you complete the assignment their may be more work for someone like you, and a ammount of appropiate funds will be transfered to your account, if however you fail the contract, well... just try not to, for your sake." With that the man smiled once more and made his way out of the apartment, leaving Sol alone with a small data chip that might well be the means to the rest of his life.

Lets get started
Back to top Go down

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Fox. Nice intro, I enjoyed reading it. I liked the amount of personality you managed to convey for your character without falling back on too much inner monologue. The internal gear-change when the Twi'lek showed up was nice and smooth.

So yeah, in my opinion (other than the occasional spelling and punctuation mistake/omitance Wink ) that was a really nice piece of writing. Well done, Sir! Look forward to seeing whatever else you share on the forums.
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 am

A good character introduction, see ya around the forums. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fox
The Praxeum
The Praxeum

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-06-06

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:01 am

Thankyou for the comments I appreciate them alot. Hopefully I will be able to write more with other characters inputs.

Thanks again Smile
Back to top Go down

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:06 am

Cool stuff, you might want to make a page for you character on the RP-Wiki afro
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Hey, this was a really interesting read, Fox. Thanks for sharing it with the community Very Happy

Always nice to read a little deeper into people's characters, whether it be in short-stories or in forum-rp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sponsored content

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day Empty

Back to top Go down

First Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: ROLE-PLAYING FORUMS :: Storytelling-
Jump to: