The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b102ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b112ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b102ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b112ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b1065%2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b106%2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b1018%2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b100%2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!

Go down 
+3
Harlequin2
Black Heart
Sureshot
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Empty
PostSubject: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:47 am

As some of you are well aware, I'm currently on the look out for another officer. So far Raif has got an officer position but in the end I'll probably be looking for at least 4 to help with me several tasks. I've already explained roles in this post, but if you would like to look over them again it may help you decide if you'd like to run for the position or not. Please note that this for an officer position only and NOT the first officer(s)/department head position. I'll talk more about that at a later date.

What I need is for the people that want to run for the position to let everyone else know why they'd be good for the job. Ok, self-praise must be really tricky I know, but it'll help with everyones decisions! Razz

Who can run for the position:

Anyone at the rank of member can run for this position. New recruits need not worry though because they can still vote and there will be plenty of time for them to get an officer position in the next election.

Who can vote:

Anyone from New Recruit rank upwards.

How to vote:

When we have all the candidates ready, I'd like for people to send me a PM with who they'd like to see elected (one member only please). Candidates may not vote for themselves. Also any rigging of any kind should be reported to me immediately and I'll automatically remove that candidate from the running if I see fit. Also, please remember that this is not a popularity contest. Vote for who you truly think would be a great asset as an officer.

The final result:

I'll announce the winner when I have got in everyones vote, so please remember to send me that PM!

I'll now hand you over to our candidates!!......

EDIT: I forgot to mention that officers that get voted in are more likely to get the job as a first officer if they want it. So applying for this still means that you still have an opportunity to be a higher rankl. Just thought I mention that in case of any confusion.

Last edited by Sureshot on Fri May 22, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:34 am

I'm interested in holding this position.

Self-touting:

I've run my own guild in the past and am familiar with using and moderating these forums. I'm knowledgeable in the administration of Ventrilo as well as having the actual server.ini file on my computer. I know everyone in the guild, or at least know the details that they've posted, and I seek to know them all better. I'm on for most of everyday and I rarely have anything else to do besides being active on these forums. I have experience in playing a wide range of MMOs and although I don't enjoy raiding I'm able to organize and lead a group into an heated situation. I love roleplaying and sometimes enjoy my own but I think Mr. Dubz is better suited for the role of Roleplaying Director. On a similar note, I'm awful with graphics (See my avatar for a representation of this fact; that blob used to be Hanharr from KotOR II) so that job goes without a doubt to Mr. Watch. As well as spending my time hovering around these forums I also monitor the Official SWTOR forums, thesTORyrp (Erggg) and other guild sites as well as TOR RP Wiki so I'd be able to recognize any incoming player events that could be an opportunity for the guild; I also would be happy to come up with ideas and organize creative events for the guild (I also know the holidays of the Old Republic so those make for easy chances to RP). Similar to the earlier point of watching SWTOR, I check on the official LFG thread often as well as bumping our LFG threads whenever they tick down; I also think myself a pretty good judge of character--as good as one can be on these here Interwebs. I'm was pretty good with math and money management in the high school and college so I would be able to perform the tasks of Funds Manager. I like looking into other guilds and meeting new people so I'd enjoy serving as Guild Representative. I believe that I'm an excellent self-touter (/sarcasm this is pretty difficult).
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:38 am

AT LAST!!! A candidate! Thought you'd all gone soft on me then. Very impressive indeed Black Heart. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:01 am

At this stage I don't think I would be very useful as an officer so I won't nominate myself.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:04 am

Hello.

Unfortunately. I've decided to pull out of the runnings. I figure that I quite young and I have little experiance with running a website, let alone real money management. I will also be unable to dedicate a lot of time to the website and guild as I still have a lot of work to do and I need to look ahead for my career future. I hope you all understand Smile

(P.S. The number of candidates seem to be dropping like flies so far! Maybe Black Heart will be the only one!)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:36 pm

I would humbly like to put myself forward as a Officer Candidate.

I am not the worlds best self-promoter, so this won't be the easiest post I've ever written! Despite the fact I have in the past declined any interest in the position of Officer it has been pointed out to me by one or two kind souls that I'm on here so often (yes, yes a life is indeed optional!) that running for Officer would not be a bad idea.
I've given this a lot of thought recently and have decided to put my name forward.

So, on with the stuff I hate doing:

How would having me an Officer help "Blaster4Hire" (name pending)?

1. Dedication: I hope this one is pretty self-explanitory but if not, I spend some considerable time on these forums, have a great (and growing!) interest in the Star Wars universe, am a huge lover of MMORPG's and really, really want to see this Guild achieve the great things it is capable of. Its one of major goals to see lots of high-quality RP going on in the guild, so far its been excellent - but we need more!

2. Mediation: I've ran a few guilds in the past and also been Officer / Assitstant GM in some. One role I tend to gravitate toward (or be nominated for) is that of mediator of squabbles, fights and general guild bad behaviour. I'd like to think this is because I am a friendly chap who always tries to be approachable, but its probably because I am also not afraid to look unpopular by weeding out bad/troublesome players if it is within my control.

3. Experience: As stated above I've been in quite a few guilds in mmorpgs (the largest being a guild of 700+ members in wow (that was a headache!) though I tend to prefer helping lead guilds than taking the helm. From an Roleplaying perspective I've been doing RP since I was nine years old (thats coming in at 20 years now /sigh) and love to read and write RPs, make my own game systems and campaign settings as well as help play-test new systems to make sure they are balanced and fair. I've also had a couple of years experience as a moderator in Forum-based RP scenarios, though this is mostly limited to the games surrounding the "World of Darkness" games by White Wolf Inc.

4. Creativity: I have this stuff coming out of my ears. While they might not be the most polished or professional of ideas I do try to put my thoughts into coherance and evolve it into things I hope you guys might enjoy. I love writing and have many, many plot ideas for the Guild but also love my visual arts and, while my drawing skills are not what they used to I take huge delight in my new-found 3d work and realising the characters of the guild (It is my intention to not only make a (few?) promotional posters for the Guild but make a model of each and every character (within reason) for the guild, at the very least one for each of the twenty members (plus the Chief, but he's done already). I also have a little secret waiting in the wings that is a long way from completetion and I am more than happy to shell out the funds to continue my 3d work which benefits the guild in the long run (as I get better I can pump out more professional looking work and the guild gets it for free).

5. Dependability: I'm in this for the long-haul. Whether SWTOR miraculously appears on our shelves by the end of the year or takes until 2020 to be within our grasp, I intend to remain here and help keep our Guild (and our allies and clients) strong. Looking at previous BioWare games SWTOR is bound to be awesome so I can see me playing the game for a very, very long time (I just quit World of Warcraft after 5 years to dedicate more time to this site). Whilst I appreciate that real life must come first, I'm one of the people who will put this guild and SWTOR in general a remarkably close second.

I apologise as I know this is a mouthful and I've almost definately left things out all over the place, so thanks for taking the time to read it.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Black Heart for being the brave one and putting his neck on the chopping block first - it inspired me to get my finger out and read this.

Harl, its a shame you're not running but that was an exceptionally eloquent bow-out post - Kudos!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Hurrah that we’ve come to this first election! I think SS has been under a lot of pressure and it's high time he had an official aide (along side Raif) to share the burden. I’m trying to avoid sounding egotistical but I think I’d be a good candidate for this first (or any subsequent) Officer role. I’ll try and keep it brief so I won’t ream off the stuff I’ve done (and am doing) for the sites visuals etc. cos I see that as a separate function relating to ‘fluff’. This is about more meaty responsibilities.
I’m really chuffed to see BH and LW step up and would be very happy with either one as Officer but I’ll move right along and make my case…

It’s an important decision so I want folks to know exactly what they’d be getting from me. So first off I’ll address the points I think are important for the role where I’m probably not so hot:
I’ll be honest and admit I’ve never held a position of authority in a guild before. Saying that, I’m a quick study and am of the mentality where if something needs doing, I get on and do it. Also, I’m not very well versed in SW lore outside of the movies. But I’m learning all the time and thoroughly research anything I’m not sure about. With the admittance of both of these failings comes the confidence to ask for help when I need it and a sureness of my ability to learn what I don’t yet know.

On to my strengths:
I try to be helpful and respectful with other guild members. I give my honest opinion on subjects (hopefully) without being rude or dismissive.
I’m active on the forums without resorting to spam - I don’t reply to posts just because I can when I have nothing to say but instead try to stimulate important or interesting topics.
I have always and will continue to help with recruitment both visibly and behind the scenes.
I think I’m a pretty shrewd judge of character and although I think I’m fairly tolerant, I don’t suffer fools gladly. In a small guild I think this is a valuable asset; we simply don’t have space for dissonant members or dead wood.
I place what’s best for the guild above my own popularity with fellow members or even the Guild Leader. I’m cowed by neither authority or bullies and can champion a cause or argue a point without crossing the line. And if once I’ve made my point, a consensus or decision is reached that I don’t agree with I can accept it and move forward, doing my utmost to assure it’s success.

I hope this all reflects the fact that I take this guild and the role of Officer seriously but I haven’t lost sight of the fact that this guild is here to add to the fun of playing a game! I’m really exited about TOR and I want to help this place enrich our gaming experience.

And finally, I think my name would look much nicer written in purple. It's a little thing but would give me happies. All in all you’ll continue to see me (firmly but fairly) sticking my oar in all about the boards and I’ll continue to do what I’m doing behind the scenes anyway. Mostly I’m just excited that we as a community have reached this first major promotion! I wish LW and BH the best of luck though now I’ve got a tough time deciding where my vote will go!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Nice one Red! Glad to see you running for the slot.

How the hell am I meant to vote though? I'd vote for both you and Black Heart in a heartbeat.

Sure, can I start up a new app just so I can vote for both please?
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Nice one Red! Glad to see you running for the slot.

How the hell am I meant to vote though? I'd vote for both you and Black Heart in a heartbeat.

Sure, can I start up a new app just so I can vote for both please?

I'm having the same issue.

/woeisme
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:42 pm

i will start several acounts under several name and vote on everybody
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Lord_Nord wrote:

Because thats a smart idea that will help resolve the problem...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Artekus wrote:
Lord_Nord wrote:

I could be wrong but I think Nord was joking! This is why we need to use the Rolling Eyes (sarcasm) emote more...

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:38 am

I won't even try running for an officer as it always ends bad for me. Razz

I also won't vote as i am a firm believer in absolute tyranny... Razz Down with the system! Long live the Emperor!

Jokes aside. Can we have enough positions to fit all those wonderful candidates? Seriously this vote will be a hard one Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:11 am

Is there a cut-off date nominees need to present their case by? It only seems fair to hold off voting till we know who all the candidates are. People may cast a vote and then regret it when a member they would have preferred voting for enters the race late.

Also, do we have any guidelines on whether people must pick someone or do we get an 'abstain' vote? And is this over only once every member has voted or is there a date for the polls to close?

Oh, and what happens in the slim chance of a tie? Is it a re-vote, Guild Leader's choice, both get promoted...?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:50 am

Redwatch wrote:

Oh, and what happens in the slim chance of a tie? Is it a re-vote, Guild Leader's choice, both get promoted...?

Light-saber duel to the death!

Lightsaber Battle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Artekus wrote:
Lord_Nord wrote:

I could be wrong but I think Nord was joking! This is why we need to use the Rolling Eyes (sarcasm) emote more...

lol!

He is?! I was agreeing with him! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Just do like I'm doing... Votes are currency now Twisted Evil.

(Ive already got a promise of tickets to America for an all expenses paid holday or one of LW's motorbikes. And it's early days yet!)
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:17 pm

yes, it was a joke
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyFri May 08, 2009 6:15 am

Redwatch wrote:
Is there a cut-off date nominees need to present their case by? It only seems fair to hold off voting till we know who all the candidates are. People may cast a vote and then regret it when a member they would have preferred voting for enters the race late.

Yep, I'm still waiting to hear from Nex and Godjera cause I haven't seen them in a few days and then we can begin voting. I've spoken to Mai and she's too busy on LotRO to be an offiicer on here anyway. On a side note I've already had one vote that been cast! The person in question was 100% sure of who they wanted to give the position so I am accepting votes if people are certain thats who they'd like to see fill the position. What I may do is not allow someone to change their vote. That way people will be more careful about who they pick.

Quote :

Also, do we have any guidelines on whether people must pick someone or do we get an 'abstain' vote? And is this over only once every member has voted or is there a date for the polls to close?

Yes. Everyone MUST pick someone, and aye it's over once everyone has voted.

Quote :

I shall pick who I think best suits the job. There will still be another 2 (maybe more) chances to get an officer position, so if you don't get in this time, there's a good chance you will the next time around.

Lunarwolf wrote:

Lightsaber Battle

That I'd like to see!!!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:33 am

Lunarwolf wrote:

Lightsaber Battle

I'm putting bets on Black Heart - that wookie looks scary!
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:07 am

Edit)Nvm im not a member, good luck all.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:57 am

zoran wrote:

Thats cool, you'll get a chance next tiem around when the 3rd. Officer elections comes around. Also, you can still vote mate. Smile
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:06 am

Sureshot wrote:
zoran wrote:

Thats cool, you'll get a chance next tiem around when the 3rd. Officer elections comes around. Also, you can still vote mate. Smile

Ok i will vote when you announce all the candidates.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Awesome. Cheers bud.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:40 am

Right as no new candidates have posted on this for a while I think it's time to close this stage and finish off the voting.

The final candidates are:

Black Heart
Lunarwolf
Redwatch

Theres only a few more people left that need to send me their votes, so if you could decide and send me a private message then I'll announce the winner when I have them all in.

People that still need to send me their vote:

Raiflaine
Artekus
Nex Deus
zoran
Dugo
0wl

Hurry up and get those votes in, I'm sure the wannabe-officers are dying to know what the results are.

Last edited by Sureshot on Thu May 21, 2009 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!   2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS! Empty

Back to top Go down

2ND. OFFICER VOTING BEGINS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next