The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
    Current US Time (EST)
    Latest topics
    » CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
    Visitor Information
    Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
    BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
    SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
    SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
    Top posters
    Lunarwolf (6401)
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b10Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b11Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b12 
    Sureshot (5209)
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b10Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b11Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b12 
    PrioryJK (2575)
    Caryington (2420)
    Harlequin2 (1887)
    Commander Nord (1761)
    Tando (1068)
    Kleti (448)
    nosyd (435)
    Smudge (369)
    Poll
    Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
    Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b1065%Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b12
     65% [ 11 ]
    An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b106%Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b12
     6% [ 1 ]
    SWTOR Official Forums
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b1018%Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b12
     18% [ 3 ]
    Darth Hater Forums
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b106%Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b12
     6% [ 1 ]
    SWTOR Roleplay Forums
     6% [ 1 ]
    Other (Please Explain)
    Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b100%Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Vote_b12
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 17
    Dice Roller

Site Donation
    Twitterlink

Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Empty
    PostSubject: Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying   Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:44 am

By which I mean Wilipedia itself, not SWTOR RP Wiki.

I have been trying to find a similar thing to SW RP Wiki but for fantasy novels as I want to write up a lot of the background information I have for a novel I am writing. This is primarily so I have all the data in one place so I can access it with any pc I am using that has web access.

After failing to find any database within Wikipedia on 'fantasy novels in progress' where I can upload my information, I put it on the central wiki database.

The facists there have removed it claiming it is 'advertising' despite the fact I need to reference my material for anyone to have the faintest idea what I am talking about.

This P*SSES me off no end, but that is not really what this thread is about.

Does anyone know of a .... not sure if I am using the correct terminology here.... 'Sub-group' within Wikipedia that is more apporpriate for me to store my info?

For example if you posted your SW RP Wiki characters on a normal wikipedia page they would be removed for "advertising" your character but within SWTOR RP Wiki it seems acceptable... I am looking for a fantasy-novel equivilent.

Not even sure if this makes any sense as I am so damn angry as I write this, but can anyone help please?
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying   Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 am

They really need to sort themselves out too...

Apparently I was 'advertising' by writing:

"The Dark Times Saga is a trilogy of books currently in production by Adam Donovan. They are a collection of High Fantasy novels depicting the story of fantasy genre stereotypes readjusted in an specific parallel world'

but this isnt:

'Baldur's Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn was a novel by Philip Athans based on the videogame of the same name from BioWare and Interplay. It follows a Bhaalspawn named Abdel who has awful powers to kill and destroy like Bhaal himself. The story takes place in the Forgotten Realms. It was released in 2000 and was the second in a trilogy.'

/rant
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying   Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am

I'm sure you've already thought of it, but setting up a dedicted pop3 email account with hotmail or yahoo could work.

Email yourself or save as drafts in bite-sized chunks. You can set up folders to keep everything in neat categories.
    Back to top Go down
    Black Heart
    Registered
    Registered
    Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying   Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:01 am

Hey, tried to show this to you on the chatbox, don't know if you saw it. You can't post your actual story on there but you can write out character bios and the like. Don't know if it helps.

Edit: Also this? You can post anything you want there. Don't think anyone uses it

Editx2: Errrggg.
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying   Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:10 pm

Wow - thanks BH.

That is EXACTLY what I need.

You're a Gent, thanks.

@ Red: Thats a sound idea but I dont have a pop3 email; I use a web-based one (Tiscali.co.uk) - thanks for the thoughts though!

I'm MUCH calmer now. Thanks guys cheers
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying   Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding Wikipedia VERY annoying
    Page 1 of 1