The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Does this make me seem petty? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Does this make me seem petty? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Does this make me seem petty? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Does this make me seem petty? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Does this make me seem petty? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Does this make me seem petty? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Does this make me seem petty? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b10Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b11Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b10Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b11Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b1065%Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b106%Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b1018%Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b100%Does this make me seem petty? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Does this make me seem petty?

Go down 
+2
Raiflaine
Lunarwolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Does this make me seem petty? Empty
PostSubject: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:43 pm

....or justified?

I ride a motorbike and for some time I've been hounded by people in my street complaining about where I park my bike. To cut a long story short I return home from work at 08:00 to an empty street but always park my bike with consideration, taking up between 1/2 to 1/4 of a car-parking space. I often awake to find people have since arrived and parked exceptionally badly around my bike leaving huge gaps just too small for a car to fit in. People who then arrive in the street assume I am the one who has parked badly and come and knock on my door (waking me up, hence I usually get about 2hrs sleep total per night (well, 'day') asking me to move my bike.

Despite all this, I move the bike, loose the sleep and keep people happy.

Well, last night really f***ed me off. I couldnt park anywhere near my place so had to park right down the other end of the road. When I came to leave for work last night at 21:30 I found a note on my bike reading "DO NOT PARK HERE", despite there being no designated parking spaces.
In annoyance and frustration I have written a counter letter which I will leave on my bike when I park in that spot when I get back this morning. It reads:

"To Whom It May Concern;

In response to your note left on vehicle registration [xxxx xxx], of which the entirety read 'DO NOT PARK HERE', I would like to point out that Xxxxxxx Road (Of Xxx Xxxxx, Hants, United Kingdom) is a public road and that the vehicle is taxed and fully liscenced and therefore may be parked upon this road at any time in accordance with
THE HIGHWAYS ACT (1980), SECTION 130, PARAGRAPH 1.
Exceptions to this include a lowered curb ('dropped curb') or designated parking, neither of which are present in this instance.
The vehicle is under surveillance and the local authorities have been informed.
Any attempt to move, damage or tamper with this vehicle will be in direct violation of
THE CRIMINAL DAMAGES ACT (1971), SECTION 1, PARAGRAPH 1.
and will result in prosecution to the fullest extent of the law."

Does that seem a bit much? or am I just defending my rights? I'd like you guys opinion!

(I'm doing it regardless, btw lol! )
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Raiflaine
Registered
Registered
Raiflaine

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:51 am

I think your well within your rights to park it where ever you damn well please! if they keep moaning i sugest you start it up as loudly as you can right outside there house Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 am

Cheers for the support Raif! yeah, I got back this morning and the road was totally clear.... so I parked it in exactly the same spot to ram home the point Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 3:22 am

Your obviously well within your rights. Some people see the road directly outside their home as their private parking spot which is ridiculous.

I used to live on a street where if I parked outside someone’s house, they would park practically bumper to bumper with you just to make your life difficult. With a bike I guess you can't get boxed in so that kind of bullying is never going to have an effect.

I'd still be careful though. Their leaving a note suggests cowardliness and you don't want to get into a feud situation. He/she could wait till you're parked elsewhere to vandalise your bike.
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:31 am

Totally justified. Your neighbors need to grow up and become less petulant. Keep doing what you're doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 am

.... Damn you westerners are to civilized.... Just kick his effin ass! Twisted Evil

If a civilization can solve their problems without physical threats its doomed! Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 am

Well, as far as you've told us, you're fully justified and you really know your law! Very Happy

I guess you really scared them off with all your knowledge and powerful approach instead of righting "Stuff off", which would of resulted in your bike being vandalised and you in an uncomfortable position with your neighbours. Truthfully, you did the right thing and I think we can all congratulate you on your way of handling the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Well, as far as you've told us, you're fully justified and you really know your law! Very Happy

I guess you really scared them off with all your knowledge and powerful approach instead of righting "Stuff off", which would of resulted in your bike being vandalised and you in an uncomfortable position with your neighbours. Truthfully, you did the right thing and I think we can all congratulate you on your way of handling the situation.

What he said. Smile

Still think I would've stabbed them in the head repeatedly though.

Last edited by Sureshot on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 am

@ Aliendra - trust me I REALLY wanted to. I've called the cops though and its all on record - they'll prob do a sweep of the area about 18:00.... they usually do Very Happy

@ Harlequin2 - Cheers, but its my bro who knows his law. I phoned him up at 2am this morn.... I couldnt get hold of Salazar. Razz
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:01 am

Not petty at all. When you find out who did it leave notes on their possessions claiming that they are an annoyance e.g. on their dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me seem petty?   Does this make me seem petty? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does this make me seem petty?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: OPEN FORUMS :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: