The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b10The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b11The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b10The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b11The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b1065%The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b106%The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b1018%The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b100%The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

The Mysterious Fourth Rank...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Empty
PostSubject: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:13 am

All that talk about the thermal detonators got me thinking...

If 1x TD = Recruit

2x TD = Member

3x TD = Officer (like Raif)

5x TD = Guildmaster (A.K.A Sureshot)

then what the heck is the 4th Rank?

If its "Story" I may have to shoot someone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:15 am

hehehe! Yeah... thats an interesting question!

We want answers!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:03 am

It's the fourth pillar.....story of course! Laughing

Only kidding you can put down your blaster now Lunarwolf.

The 4th. rank is 'First Officer', who will pretty much be a sub-leader to me. I was going to implement it when we had our full 20 members. It's going to be a pretty tough job though that pretty much entails doing everything that I do for the guild.

Eventually the guild will probably look like this this:

1 x Leader
1 x First Officer (I may let the officers decide amongst themselves who wants this job)
2 x Officer (to be elected by the whole guild)
16 x Members
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:38 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
If its "Story" I may have to shoot someone.

Sureshot wrote:
It's the fourth pillar.....story of course! Laughing

That's just what I was thinking when knocking the pips up! lol Razz

Sureshot wrote:
1 x Leader
1 x First Officer (I may let the officers decide amongst themselves who wants this job)
16 x Members

So would that be having three officers for a while before one gets promoted or one of the two getting promoted and then replaced? Not that it matters I guess, just curious.

Also, that leaves most of us with a 2 pip cap. 2/5 as a forum "score" feels sub-standard whereas 3/5 feels like a respectable "score" (I know it's not a score per se, but it's often taken as a badge of achievement). It also gives full member veterans another rank to shoot for (remain active and up the efforts in rp or whatever). If that runs us out of pips at the top I can always knock up a super-cool-and-very-special Guild Leader one Cool .
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:22 am

If you could do a 6 pip Thermal Detonator one that would be superb! Of course then I can move you all up to 3. Smile

EDIT: I can also move New Recruits up to 2 and Registered to 1. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raiflaine
Registered
Registered
Raiflaine

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:24 am

Must say that the TD pips are the nuts mate, good work there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 am

Raiflaine wrote:
Must say that the TD pips are the nuts mate, good work there!

Cheers Raif! I does like playing wiv moy crayons! bounce

Sureshot wrote:
I was going to implement it when we had our full 20 members...

Eventually the guild will probably look like this this:

1 x Leader
16 x Members

If this isn't set in stone, might I suggest the following for considderation:

0 pips = Registered (they must work for their first pip!)
1 pip = Guild Recruit
2 pips = Guild Member
3 pips = Guild Member (extra pip given out for outstanding contribution)
4 pips = Guild Officer (with “First Officer” as rank name + admin rights for the one chosen as such)
5 pips = Guild Leader

I’m sure we’ll have people coming and going over time and the three pips member thing acknowledges longer-term members before they hit the glass ceiling of Guild Officer. And not giving that rank a special name above “member” should avoid two pip members getting too jealous.

Same goes for the “officer” pips/name rank – “First Officer” isn’t too far above the other officers but everyone knows that’s where the final say lies when the Guild Leader is away.

I can add on another little TD and expand the backgrounds of the originals to go up to six, but that to me means most members never passing the "half-way" mark.

Just my thoughts. I think we all recognise this is Sureshots baby and support his right to structue his guild however he likes! alien
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:19 pm

What do we do if our TDs explode? I may have activated mine...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:01 am

Redwatch wrote:

If this isn't set in stone, might I suggest the following for considderation:

0 pips = Registered (they must work for their first pip!)
1 pip = Guild Recruit
2 pips = Guild Member
3 pips = Guild Member (extra pip given out for outstanding contribution)
4 pips = Guild Officer (with “First Officer” as rank name + admin rights for the one chosen as such)
5 pips = Guild Leader

I’m sure we’ll have people coming and going over time and the three pips member thing acknowledges longer-term members before they hit the glass ceiling of Guild Officer. And not giving that rank a special name above “member” should avoid two pip members getting too jealous.

Same goes for the “officer” pips/name rank – “First Officer” isn’t too far above the other officers but everyone knows that’s where the final say lies when the Guild Leader is away.

I can add on another little TD and expand the backgrounds of the originals to go up to six, but that to me means most members never passing the "half-way" mark.

Just my thoughts. I think we all recognise this is Sureshots baby and support his right to structue his guild however he likes! alien

Cheers. Yeah you have some good ideas there. The only thing I'm not keen on is the 3 pip 'oustanding contribution' rank. I and I'm sure other people would be fine with it, but there will always be some that would feel I'd be showing favourtism. Plus the pips main purpose is to signify rank and if I have members with an extra pip compared to other members, it defeats the object. You'll also no doubt get members that believe they are a higher rank because they have that extra pip, which obviously wouldn't be the case. The rank of First Officer though would be a rank above officer and that in itself shows outstanding contribution. In would in fact be a sub-leader position. Also, I'm fine with registered getting 1 pip but they have to fill out an application form to get it. One of the registered ranks may change to 'New Applicant' soon because I actually have two 'Registered' titles. The first registered title is a default one that everyone gets and isn't a rank at all so I can't change that. If I add in a 1 pip rank called 'New Applicants' then the person will have to fill in an application form. That to me signifies the first step. Smile

I do however think members should have more pips than they have at the minute. You're right it doesn't seem right that you only have 2/5, which is why I think upping the pips to 6 would suit it better. A member with 3/6 pips just makes sense to me as it seems a nice round number for the rank. Only problem I can see with this though is that they'd have to be redesigned and thats a bit of a pain in the butt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank...   The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mysterious Fourth Rank...
Page 1 of 1