The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Majority Principal EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Majority Principal EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Majority Principal EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Majority Principal EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Majority Principal EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Majority Principal EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Majority Principal EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Majority Principal EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Majority Principal EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Majority Principal Vote_b10Majority Principal Vote_b11Majority Principal Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Majority Principal Vote_b10Majority Principal Vote_b11Majority Principal Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Majority Principal Vote_b1065%Majority Principal Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Majority Principal Vote_b106%Majority Principal Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Majority Principal Vote_b1018%Majority Principal Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Majority Principal Vote_b100%Majority Principal Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Majority Principal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

Majority Principal Empty
PostSubject: Majority Principal   Majority Principal EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:47 pm

I read a book a while ago that had a neat idea and I’d really like to try it out with our group. I also think that this would be a good way to try and get a huge group of people to RP. The whole idea behind the book was that a large group of people are more capable than even highly trained people to create a solution for a problem. For example get eighty people who don't know anything about bridges and over the course of coming up with various ideas for how to create a bridge these untrained people will create a bridge on par and usually better than a team of experts. I didn't believe it at first but the research they used to back it up was staggering. I'd like to do a similar idea for a RP hopefully one that will spark a lot of interest and really pull in a lot of the guild ^^ Now this wouldn't be happening for a while so don't worry about schedule we can hammer that out later. Right now I’m just going to pose a very thin skeleton for the basic story and then when the frame is created I’ll work to add meat to it so that it’s playable and hopefully though everyone will know the twists it will still be fresh Very Happy I at least want everyone's opinion about what should be going on and if you think I’ve missed an element that would be cool feel free to msg me and I’ll think of ways to include it. Since this will be taking a while I won’t be using the poll system I will be doings something similar basically after this post I’ll post an idea and then give a few choices, there will always be an "Other" option that you can use to post an option you think I’ve forgotten Very Happy eg

Question 1
a
b
c
d

clearly you choose option a b c or d then once i feel i've gotten enough votes i'll make question 2 everyone will just edit their post with the new question number and their choice ie

9/28/10 (First post)

Question 1: A

10/5/10 (second post edit of the first)

Question 2: D

lol sorry if i elaborated too much just trying to make sure the idea is clear xP as always if its still not clear feel free to ask questions but please use msg or ask me in chat as i want to keep the forum post clear of chatter Razz
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

Majority Principal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Majority Principal   Majority Principal EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:55 pm

All stories need a basic feel this is how you would describe a movie or book to someone ie james bond is an action spy movie.

Question 1

1 Action
2 Covert
3 Diplomacy
4 Other
Back to top Go down
WildWallace
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Majority Principal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Majority Principal   Majority Principal EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 am

Oh yes, I've read about this - I'm sceptical about its validity and although there is some evidence to support it, it's not conclusive. I'm a little against general psychology (I think it's a pseudoscience) and, although biopsychology (behavioural neuroscience) is something I do believe in (flight or fight, for example). So I don't think I'll be taking part. Razz But I can still answer the question....

I think all spy movies need a combination of the three options, but it's down to personal preference and what people like in a film. I personally enjoy the Spying (Covert) action of spy films (and I like games like that also, such as the Metal Gear Solid series).

So...

2: Covert

PS: You said you'd make the options a, b, c and d, but you've listed numbers in the question. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kleti
The Praxeum
The Praxeum
Kleti

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Majority Principal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Majority Principal   Majority Principal EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:47 pm

2. Covert
Back to top Go down
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Majority Principal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Majority Principal   Majority Principal EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:43 am

If I have to pick one it would be Covert for E.P.O.C.H. RP. I prefer stories mixing all the 3 aspects, but "Covert Operations" means usually action (not necessary combat) and diplomacy (to sent someone on such mission you have to heave at least one organization with bigger plan).

So yeah

2. Covert (in big picture)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Majority Principal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Majority Principal   Majority Principal Empty

Back to top Go down

Majority Principal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: ROLE-PLAYING FORUMS :: Roleplay Discussion & Sign-Ups-
Jump to: