The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b10ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b11ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b10ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b11ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b1065%ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b106%ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b1018%ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b106%ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b100%ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords

Go down 
+3
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
Harlequin2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Empty
PostSubject: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:49 pm

On page 24 of our Recruitment thread, a man called "bradleyfett" approached us on behalf of his guild asking for an alliance, saying:

Quote :
hello excuse me for posting but i am a official ambassador for the order of the sith lords and was wondering if you would like to make a alliance with us please choose wisley for we could be powerful allies

In my opinion, it was a crude message, giving no solid details of the guild, written with a lack of punctuation and capital letters and not even a link. However, it only took a few minutes to find the guild he was on about (I found that he had applied to be an ambassador on his own guild's recruitment thread). I have to say that dispite the poor choice of ambassador (if indeed he was chosen), then the guild was actually pretty nice. Although not Hands of Darkness standard, it had a chain of command set out and a well written summary. The first part caught my eye:

Quote :
We are a guild of Sith fanatics who are interested in leveling up, role playing, pvp, and raids.
(note: I bolded the roleplaying for emphasis in that they have similar aims to us).

Since we argue a lot over these things, I've decided to set out a nice Pros and Cons list for you Smile
PRO
+ More allies would get us more fame (or infamy)
+ More people to roleplay with
+ They are decent, and may get better over time
+ They have similar aims to us
+ Aside from the ambassador, everything else was well written
CON
- We already have plenty of allies
- They are only "moderate"
- Only recruit force-users, so not much scope
- Just another cookie-cutter Sith FU guild
- We should be focusing on other aspects of the guild, not allies

Also for your pleasure, here is their website:
http://thewayofthesith.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=150875
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Can't say I'm that interested in them to be honest as they just seem one of those guilds that say they're RP to bolster their ranks. To me they look like a straight forward PvP guild and not particularly a good one at that but I could be wrong.

I don't know about L-Dubz but it's a no from me as I'd prefer not to be allied with one of the "Order of the New Old Sith Commando Order of the Republic" type guilds, purely for the fact that I don't believe they have any originality or flair about them, and I have a feeling a lot of them won't make it to release either.

For now in fact I think it might be an idea to leave the allies/clients as they are and see what happens when teh servers get announced.

On the plus side, we have had an offer which I'll be speaking about in the next few days... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 am

Yeah I saw that on the Recruitment thread too and I shamefully admit I didn't even look into it because of how badly the proposal was put across. Even a link would have been nice but we didn't get given that courtesy..

(until now, cheers H2! Wink )

I don't mean to sound elitist in any way but the time and effort we've put into this guild should be mirrored by those we look to associate with. You can look to any of our allies and (with the exception of RoM who are rebuilding) and any you pick is a fine example of time, effort and skill put into their conception, design and build.

I looked at their website and the first thing that struck me was a lack of a forum (or at least, I couldn't see one without signing up, its a possibility you need to be a member before you gain access to a forum). That switched the warning lights on! I also couldn't see much evidence of 'role-playing' anywhere on the site either, except for the blurb which - while well written - is not anything we've not seen before.

I don't want to dismiss these guys straight out, there is a chance they are new and not had a chance to develop their Guild / Site yet but as they stand now I'd say its a no from me too. However I think we should keep an eye on them and see how they progress, they might surprise us.

From a purely Role-Playing (and specifically Force Adepts) standpoint I'd rather bolster our connection with Sith'ari & HoD rather than go looking for a new pro-Force guild.

Thanks for taking the time to look into it though H2 - I see that even when you're busy with exam-related stuff that you're still lookin out for the Guild.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:22 am

Looks like an over eager kid acting ambassador. It's unfortunate, considering the guild looks as though it shows promise - though they're bound to be shaking their heads in shame today.

They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps, which seems to be the view held by SS. I'm not sure how much clout I wield in the decision, though I agree with your opinions in any case. The standard of our current alliances is excellent, I don't believe we should saturate ourselves with more guilds than we need and certainly not with those who's first impressions are of such a poor calibre.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:29 am

Aye I realised I came across a bit harsh there (thats what happens when you haven't smoked for 2 days!), but I honestly don't feel that they're up to the usual standard of the rest of our clients. Still, I've left a comment on recruitment thread so lets see how they pan out. I'm not holding my breath on this one though. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
WildWallace
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Everything I had an intention of saying has been said and called for already. I think we have reached a pretty mutual conclusion. I don't see anything even too remotely RP about the 'guild'. I could give an assortment of quotes to say what I am talking about but you guys have all said it. I'll reply quicker next time Razz
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm 100% to keep a polite diplomatic relation with them. There is stil the possibility we won't end up on the same servers but until then polite and diplomatic contacts won't cost us THAT much. I'd advise a yes but if we go with a no, I'm not gonna cry and roll on the floor. >_<
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:36 am

/insert negative opinion
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:42 am

My summary is "lets place nice, invite them round for a cuppa but don't give them their own key."

Pretty much what Sure has already said on the Recruitment Thread!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 am

I sponsor you, LW!
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords   ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords Empty

Back to top Go down

ALLIANCE PROPOSAL - The Order of the Sith Lords
Page 1 of 1