The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b1065%E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b1018%E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b100%E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread

Go down 
+3
Caryington
Commander Nord
Lunarwolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Wow, that second post took a LOT longer to write than I expected!

This thread is now unlocked should anyone wish to discuss the new timeline.
Please be aware that it is a W.I.P and will be added to as we continue.

- LW
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

When will ketene join
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:59 pm

When did you want him to join, Nord?

It would be after The Agency was formed but probably before The Celebration.

To be honest I've not put all the characters on, just the leaders for now (you'll notice that even PJK isn't on there) but thats just because of a worry about getting them all to fit!

I could put in symbols / numbers to represent the other agents? or perhaps a separate timeline?
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Nice one LW... Could we have it in a slightly bigger size tho ? :S
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:08 am

Soude wrote:
Nice one LW... Could we have it in a slightly bigger size tho ? :S

No! Razz

Well you can but it would be a right pain to do as I did the lightsaber-meets-pistol blast in Daz3d and everything else in photoshop. I can't resize it because it would loose quality so I'd need to re-do it from scatch.

That may take some time Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:17 am

Brilliant timeline Mr Dubz! The summary of events write up is very interesting too.

Capital job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:36 am

I guess that's the font size you used it makes things looks like too small. Anyway... Don't oversweat it just for me. ^^,
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:23 am

Before I start my gripes and points, may I say that it's a really great timeline - a lot of the stuff we've done has been fleshed out...

Now, I must say "Grrr....". I had to move Skursir's whole timeline down to encompass this new timeline. Evil or Very Mad Right, I'm going to make him come in at halfway through 3 ATC (you should mark out the exact years instead of leaving them vague methinks). I'm thinking that's just before Dark Secrets? I've still to make a decent storyline that actually gets him into the E.P.O.C.H though...

I'm also thinking that A Surprise Visit here happens just after the Hyperion Opens (at the start of 4 ATC is seems?). As that is the case, I'd suggest squeezing Pathway to Stone down to just after Doom Amongst the Dunes, so similarly, it takes place at 4 ATC. And in turn, the Celebration should also be brought done to a closer date. Currently, there's a year and a half between it and PTS....
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:13 am

Sorry H2 but we're not putting times in deliberately, at least not yet.

That was mentioned in the original posting.

The nearest we are going to go for until BW puts down an exact year that TOR starts in is "between 0 ATC and 10 ATC"

Therefore its probably best to consider the events as "happened in this order" rather than "happened in this time frame" for now. If you want to put dates in Skursir (or any of your other characters) backhistories thats entirely up to you but most of us aren't for that very reason; we'll wait until there is official year confirmation then update our bios.

I'll add A Surprise Visit to the next edition though, apologies for omitting it.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:23 am

Aha! I'm sorry for skipping out that part, reading through. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:26 am

Yeah rest assured the XX ATC dates will go in, just not till we know what we're playing with.

I see your point about PtS and its distance from DaTD though, cheers for that. *makes a note*
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:13 am

Seeing as this is in fact, a Discussion Thread about the timeline (and our Guild's place in the events leading up to the release of TOR), I thought I'd bring attention to what I was nattering in THIS THREAD about in that two of our major allies - The Praxeum and The Hands of Darkness - seem to be keeping their timelines to 0 - 10 ATC.

How does everyone feel about this? I know we can't completely pin things down until BW officially say "The Launch of TOR is set in [insert year here]ATC", but I personally think its a safe bet that we stick relatively close to what our allies are doing.

My reasoning for this is two-fold:

1. Its good for inter-guild relations. If all our timelines (more or less) mesh then things like cross-over stories, RPs, character bios and the like are all more or less in synch. If we run under the assumption that TOR is set "around 10 ATC" then we can safely do work right up until 9 ATC and, so long as the timeline doesn't go beyond 10 ATC we should all be in synch as guilds. It shows that we're all supporting one another as RP Guilds.

2. If we're wrong, we're all wrong together. This sounds kind of trivial, but its more about us all working together because, if BW throw a curve-ball in and screw up our timelines at the last moment, it means we're all in the same boat and can all work together to sort it out (which will probably be quicker than fixing it solo).

So what is people's thoughts on this? Run the timeline 0 - 10 ATC but keep 10 ATC pretty 'clear' of events ready for TOR itself?
Back to top Go down
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:40 pm

If the Praxeum and HoD see this as a genuine attempt to bolster relations, rather than a convenience, then certainly. Has there been much discussion over creating a cross-guild timeline?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:17 am

I'm currently recreating the timeline and wanted to check with people - is this big enough? Its 2946px x 1728px, being exactly triple the size of the original..

E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Newtimelinebasicmay2010copy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:46 am

Timeline is now updated with extra content. ("A Surprise Visit" & the claiming of Odal Temple)

Also the description has been updated accordingly as well.

You can jump to it using THIS link.

- LW

PS: Anyone that finds it a bit too small, right click on it - choose Save Image As, download it to your machine, then zoom in on any imagining program you might have. The image is large enough that you can do so without loss of quality.
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:35 am

Looks neat so far... I say so far because computers at works are ten years old and I don't see very well on that thing...
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:04 am

Do you want me to mess about with the lettering Mr Dubz?
I love the design but since I've been messing around in PS I always want to modify things, I was just considering mabye changing the Title to something like in the Census or look at a new text effect, no probs if your happy as it is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:34 am

Could do PJK, though I'd be reluctant to send you the file because you'll look at the amount of layers and the ordering in which their placed and go "WTF?! This is crazy! How the hell does he work this sh*t?" In simple truth its organised chaos; you might regret seeing it.

What we could do instead is you could make said text up on a black background and post them here? I could then pull them into the original file and update from there..
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:28 am

Yeah I fondly remember the Cencus *shudders* I tidied it up though into lots of neat sections, at the expence of my sanity

Okay sounds like a plan I'll do a few for your consideration, just researching for that website project brought me across some great techniques and I'm a bit impulsive when I know I can use them and make them, I might put them up on 4 shared in fact as pngs which might be better Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:44 am

Cheers bud.

As per the census though, it made sense to me .... but not anyone else, which is kinda the problem. The way I set out the layers and such make sense to me when I'm working but would understandably confuse the heck out of other people!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:09 pm

You're going to hate me L-Dubz but the story I'll be working on soon will actually be set BEFORE the Treaty of Coruscant! Mad

EDIT: Although you're welcome to add in when 'Bounty Hunter X' as I call him for now will be reclaiming his position as CO at E.P.O.C.H. Makes things easier I guess. I may even add a flash-forward to where he is just before the beginning of when TOR starts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Well we have plenty of stories, many of which are outside our 0 ATC - 10 ATC timeline, so it shouldn't be a massive issue.

We could even create a seperate one to show where all the stories go!

As for "Bounty Hunter X" (Is that like Vampire Hunter D?), I can add in the point when he joined the Agency because it would be a bit hard him joining it before it was created!

That's a thought actually, H2 has mentioned when Skursir appears and Lord_Nord has asked at what point Ketene is meant to join.... perhaps I could add some small indicators on the timeline when everyone joined? Like a little logo or a number or something, with a legend underneath explaining what they mean...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread   E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

E.P.O.C.H Timeline Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1