The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b10Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b11Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b10Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b11Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b1065%Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b106%Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b1018%Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b106%Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b100%Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Guild Site Front Page

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm sticking this up while its working its a test for the site buttons

Obviously it needs a bit of work and the decrypting animation needs fine tuning but I think we could use it, my only thought is if we use the star warsesque text above will this clash with it?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:38 pm

That's awesome PJK Very Happy

I think if we had a basic log-in animation then buttons to the forums (IE here), The wiki and the official SWTOR site that'd look the shizz!

While I really like, say HoD's front page you can really only watch the intro once then you end up always pressing SKIP or just bookmarking the actual forums.

To have a stylish-looking front page that acted as a portal to the places we visit the most (i.e those above) it could be exceptionally practical.

Excellent work, sir!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:00 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
That's awesome PJK Very Happy
I think if we had a basic log-in animation then buttons to the forums (IE here), The wiki and the official SWTOR site that'd look the shizz!
While I really like, say HoD's front page you can really only watch the intro once then you end up always pressing SKIP or just bookmarking the actual forums.
To have a stylish-looking front page that acted as a portal to the places we visit the most (i.e those above) it could be exceptionally practical.
Excellent work, sir!

Thanks LW Smile

Here are my thoughts on this,

1. If you want this to act like a hub I think we should abandon having any animation before the EPOCH part of the front page personally, becuase what will happen is exactly what LW says, they'll just go straight to the forums and not visit it or if they do they'll just skip it. Even a few seconds of animation with the Holonet logon would put people off in my opinion becuase people are impatient. (like me Razz )
Also if you wanted it to act more like a hub i think we might need to add more then just button links to get people to visit it, maybe we could something like an EPOCH FEED this would have maybe upcoming RP events, ingame Raid info, meet ups times, stories and Guild news? each with a link to the relvevant thread? We could update this every week or something to keep it relevant.

2. Or we could do it as a proper intro thats looks good but we know people will skip like the HoD or the Kadjit's , we could use LW's idea of hacking the holonet and make it look really professional, ie I was designing the holonet to be almost like the msn homepage, with little flash adverts in the background, scrolling adverts at the bottom maybe a news feed then having a little animation of it being hacked.
it would look similar to this
[url=https://servimg.com/view/13851146/48]

Personally I think a front page idea would be better (not that I'm trying to cop out of doing work Razz ) this way more allies and people might use it instead of just skipping it, I suppose its something everyone should decide on Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:08 am

Agreed - I think the front page would be better and heck, why not have one of those buttons being the "professional looking intro"? That way people can look at if they want but it wont get in the way if they dont! also it means you can put an "under construction" bit on it and come back to it later!

With the EPOCH FEED did you mean like a cut-down version of the Forum and the Wiki's news sections? I admit I have no idea how these RSS Feed things work but I'm assuming thats what you mean?
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:54 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Agreed - I think the front page would be better and heck, why not have one of those buttons being the "professional looking intro"? That way people can look at if they want but it wont get in the way if they dont! also it means you can put an "under construction" bit on it and come back to it later!
I'm happy with that Very Happy tbh I was having more fun designing the holonet page, I'd done that Hyperion ad and I'm working on a mini flash movie to embed within the animation like a miniture ad you get on websites now (maybe I could do an ad for some Ackbar cereal)Razz
There is some way you can make the page read the ip adress of the person visiting and then make it remeber if they've viewed that page before and skip it (I think) but I'd have no idea how to do that but this would be just as good!
Quote :
With the EPOCH FEED did you mean like a cut-down version of the Forum and the Wiki's news sections? I admit I have no idea how these RSS Feed things work but I'm assuming thats what you mean?
Neither do I, I was planning to do it the old fashioned way and just modify it by hand every week? but RSS could work although I have not idea, anyway I can design an area for it to fit into anyway no biggy Smile
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 am

Very useful for you SS Smile
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:55 am

Okay so this hasnt progressed as fast as I'd have liked so the front page wont be finished by Friday, I'll probably be able to finish the title and text buttons off for the weekend but not the background or the moving bits to sci fi it up.
I've got a few projects to write up and tbh my profession of love for flash was premature Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:47 am

Well we appreciate the work all the same ^^
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:50 am

From what you've shown me so far I'm really impressed mate. Thanks for the tutorial as well, I may have to start a test forum just to see how it all works out unless someone already has one that is?
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:55 am

yeah - the neranians site Razz
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:30 am

Well from what I've read or watched you can add a page to the site but I dont think it has to be a front page so you could make a page on here that you only know the address of and test on that Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 am

I've just noticed that the guild front page doesn't seem to be working properly. Is it just me or is anyone else not getting the EPOCH symbol and the links?
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 pm

lol!

Yeah Paul it has been like that for quite sometime I'm afraid, since my flash host closed down ive been hosting all these flash assets on Deviantart but for some reason it doesn't like the front page (niether do I either but everyone else does Razz )

I'll give it a looksie Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:16 am

Ah I did wonder why it was down! LOL!

Any new developments on this by the way?
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:10 am

Woops I forogt I'll take a looksie later
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:15 am

No probs take your time bud. I know you're busy in the middle of a move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Site Front Page   Guild Site Front Page - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Site Front Page
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2