The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b10"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b11"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b10"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b11"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b1065%"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b106%"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b1018%"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b106%"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b100%"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)

Go down 
+5
Godjera
Tando
PrioryJK
Harlequin2
Lunarwolf
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 1:29 pm

I think that's a good idea as the Boss has said we should increase our recruitment efforts. Though the bright folks would try clicking your sig, an obvious url can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:18 am

The third page is now up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 9:52 am

Yeah, I know its been an age since I did another page Razz

Just to let you all know I am finishing the entire comic and then uploading it here.

Assuming you don't all think the remainder sucks, I'll then post it up on SWTOR.com.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:47 am

UPDATE: One more page to go!

Well, that and the back page but that'll take mere moments once I have those quotes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:13 am

Awesome! I look forward to reading it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Kol
Registered
Registered
Kol

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:30 am

absolutely excellent work....brilliant!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1623325005
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:32 am

Cheers Vais!

(now if only I could do the damn thing quicker.....)
Back to top Go down
Kol
Registered
Registered
Kol

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:53 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Cheers Vais!

(now if only I could do the damn thing quicker.....)

Well quality over quickness
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:39 am

Are you going to PDF these? I think that would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:46 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Are you going to PDF these? I think that would be awesome!

I second that notion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:20 am

Yeah I can do, not a major issue I don't think.

Also making a video of it too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:08 am

That woudl be bloody marvellous chap. If you need any Star-Warsy background music let me know and I'll send something your way.

I just broke a guild rule didn't I? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:09 am

LOL - I'm actually looking to use some music from Mass Effect

Shhhh don't tell! oh. oh, ok...don't you lot tell anyone ELSE Razz
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:13 am

Wouldn't Star Wars music add a little more flavour to it though? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:25 am

It would, but it was also immediately get "muted" in YouTube because the music is more recognizable. I figured what with Mass Effect being BioWare it would still be "in-keeping" with the theme. Plus a lot of the music from ME sounds similar to Blade Runner, so thats another bonus.

I *could* use SW music if anyone else knows of another video-streaming site that allow embedding or linking but, unlike YouTube, dont ruin fan-vids cos they are worries about being sued?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:16 pm

Drum-roll please!

It's finally done!

Tales of The EPOCH Issue 00: "The New Guy" has finally been completed. (see, told you it was a comic update for SW:TOR this week Razz)

Apologies for the long delay but I've learnt a lot doing this so hopefully I should be quicker on any future rendering projects.

You can get back to the front page to begin reading the comic HERE, or for as long as it stays on youtube before the audio is cut off due to 'copyright infringement' (despite the fact it is a non-profit, non-commercial project), here is the video I did for it: [http://www.4shared.com/dir/20803256/ab25bf71/EPOCH.html]The New Guy[/url]

Here it is in rather sexy, no-loss-of-quality-looks-how-it-was-meant-to .pdf format:
(CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD)
"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 The_New_Guy

Enjoy.

Darth Revan

(EDIT: And I've only spotted one spelling mistake! (Thats pretty impressive for me Razz )

Last edited by Lunarwolf on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kol
Registered
Registered
Kol

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:31 am

Wow that was astonishing compared to what i can do.. which is nothing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:50 am

Woah! That was amazing! 9 pages of extreme awesomeness! Very Happy
My favourite part has to be the handshake with Creed, to me, that panel was very powerful. But, I have a couple of problems:
1) On the page with the Datapad, I can't read the red writing - it's too blurred which is a real shame because I'd have like to see what it said. (in the PDF)
2) On the last page (before the quotes page), the font switches to Arial. If this was intended or not, I don't know but it really clashes with the rest of the comic. Creeds speech bubble on that page is also very simplistic so that needs changing.

Other than that this is top-quality stuff with an immense feel-good factor at the end. You deserve a pat on the back L-Dubz! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:33 am

Harlequin2 wrote:

1) On the page with the Datapad, I can't read the red writing - it's too blurred which is a real shame because I'd have like to see what it said. (in the PDF)
2) On the last page (before the quotes page), the font switches to Arial. If this was intended or not, I don't know but it really clashes with the rest of the comic. Creeds speech bubble on that page is also very simplistic so that needs changing.

Other than that this is top-quality stuff with an immense feel-good factor at the end. You deserve a pat on the back L-Dubz! Very Happy

Thanks guys, I know its not perfect but for a first go at it I'm quite happy with the result!

Oh and H2, the "Datapad snipetts read"

"...we of the Karaffgar..."
"...our esteemed contractors at EPOCH.."
"...will not persue this matter further."

Both of the above problems stem from a single cause, being that I used two PCs to do this on.

I used my main rig to do all the rendering on and (if I had time) sometimes the text as well. For when time ran short I would upload the image I was working onto the net, then download it onto the laptop at work and finish it off.

This presented 2 major problems:

1. I didn't remember to write down which font I was using so had to simply look at the previous pages and 'guess' - not such a hot idea in retrospect, but we live and learn Razz and

2. The Red text (and Creed's purple for that matter) seem perfectly readable on my higher-definition monitor at home, it wasn't until I looked at the finish project on my laptop at work last night that I found it hard to read. It seems it varies from pc to pc how easy it is to read, which sux.

I would like to correct these issues before I put it up on SWTOR.com but I get the horrible feeling that modifying the images in photoshop (re-writing the text over existing text) may prove a REAL pain in the rear-end, and might not be worth my while. If any PS-wizards know how to do this so it won't take me years I'd be more than willing to seek counsel! That way I could re-upload the modified images here and re-upload the video on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:14 am

Got a comment for you from Typho:

"Two words... two little words... UTTER BRILLIANCE!

This comic is what I call a frigging damn good comic. It owns the Threat of Peace any day, mainly because of the layout, and the fact that it is also far easier to follow. Not to mention, it doesn't look as if a 9 year old scribbled all over the characters.

10/10 my EPOCH friends.
" - Typho Raame

It's offical - you've hit big in Australia
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 am

I'm speechless mate! That was @%&# awesome! Honestly if you could see my face right now, I'm actually having trouble picking my jaw back off the ground. Shocked

I totally love everything about it. It REALLY captures everything the guild is about. Bravo sir!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:44 am

Blimey, I'm glad people like it so much!

I want to try to fix those niggling problems before releasing it to SWTOR.com though.

PS: You win, SS - I used Star Wars music Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 4:06 pm

"That was..... AMAZING!!!! Very Happy

That some serious awesomeness you got there... and yes, MUCH better than Threat of Peace. The characters look excellent and so does the environment around them. I will look forward to seeing the next issue.
" - DarkApocalypse

"im speechless...

i cant even find the word to describe that...it would be awesome to be able to do the same here Very Happy
" - Dante Demens

"@%&#, Thats amazing, good stuff." - Rasper Karger

"I just want to add that you should get Lunarwolf to put the comic on the SW:TOR forums Fan Creations, as it has a good chance of getting into a Fan Friday, I think." - Typho Raame

I think they like you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:14 pm

I agree with Typho if this doesn't make it into a Flan Friday I'd actually be pretty @%&# off. It's the best thing thing I've seen since Marmite.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 1:50 am

Ooh! A fellow marmite fan! Yeah, this is really Fan Friday material and if you get it in that, everyone will know about EPOCH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)   "Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Tales Of The E.P.O.C.H." Webcomic (Issue 00) (Progress Thread)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next