The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Age Restriction Discussion EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Age Restriction Discussion EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Age Restriction Discussion EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Age Restriction Discussion EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Age Restriction Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Age Restriction Discussion EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Age Restriction Discussion EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b10Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b11Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b10Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b11Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b1065%Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b106%Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b1018%Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b100%Age Restriction Discussion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Age Restriction Discussion

Go down 
+3
Sureshot
Harlequin2
Lunarwolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Age Restriction Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:55 am

As per Red's suggestion I will (be attempting to) move the threads from out of Application threads to a more sensible place, here.

Please feel free to re-read the posts and reply in kind.

Ta!

- LDubz

EDIT: Nope, seems I can only delete them. Over to you, Chief!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:05 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Doh! Age Restriction Discussion Happy-smiley-601 Looks like he don't trust you Mr Dubz! lol
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:11 am

Redwatch wrote:
Lunarwolf wrote:
Doh! Age Restriction Discussion Happy-smiley-601 Looks like he don't trust you Mr Dubz! lol

Don't trust me, eh? he must be both benevolent and wise then!
Jabba & Leia Sla
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:14 am

Okey dokey. What I was thinking was why can't the age limit just be made 18+ and just make absolutely no concessions to anyone younger than that (unless they're already a member).

Just my opinion is all.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:35 am

I think I must bring up a hard hitting point. I am the youngest member of the guild and quite a few years under the age restriction. I don't like to boast but you have to admit that though I am young I have been of a great credit and help to the guild aswell as being a good member of this community (though as with anyone, I have my faults including rushing into things). I'm certain that I am not a one-off, there will be plenty of people my age that will be even more friendly/helpful/commited/etc. If we put the level cap so high, then we may easily miss out all of the good parts of the young community.

Of course, the obvious arguement is that there are plenty of others that are simply immature. Looking at the guild application, a good example is Salazar or Admiral Xylophone, though the other 3 people who were rejected due to their age (including Fox) seemed very intelligent. I confess though, the only reason I got in was that I didn't share my age. Had I done so I would probably have been rejected and not be typing this right now. So perhaps, had we including Fox into the guild, he may have made a revolutionary idea for the guild that would make all the other guilds go "wow".

So perhaps a 15-16+ age restriction is the way to go. May I also remind you all that we have a long initiation process which weeds out all the non-committed and immature that doesn't come through on the application. As such, we will keep the best of that age group, but weed out all the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:26 am

Well spoken Harl. My view is that we actually are very lucky with you and that you are exceptional in your age range. The only thing I would say is that (...and though I myself, pushing 30, am far from perfect!) even you with your higher than average maturity have made some stumbles in areas where in my personal opinion I think if you had more years of experience behind you, you probably wouldn't have.

I'm personally more comfortable playing the odds and avoiding younger members. One of the major reasons I joined this guild was it's high minimum age limit.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:12 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
though as with anyone, I have my faults including rushing into things

Yep, I mentioned that, though perhaps that's my personallity. Either way there are sure to be people my age who are much more mature and better than me...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:34 am

Redwatch wrote:

I'm personally more comfortable playing the odds and avoiding younger members. One of the major reasons I joined this guild was it's high minimum age limit.

QFE

Bang on Red. Thats precisely why it's so high. Quite honestly, and I know its a generalization here but most 18 year olds I've met in MMO's have actually been a hell of a lot more immature and unrealiable than the 16 year olds. Now before you start thinking "You ageist bastard!" lol, I'd just like to remind you that I'm going from experience here and if anything I admire that age (and I'm jealous!). The most important thing is that we attract the right kind of player though and so far we've done a pretty damn fine job of it. If something works, then don't try to fix it.

What I will say is, that if a player is 18 then I am prepared to be a bit more leniant and may even allow them into the guild. As I say I base how people will fit in this guild on their maturity levels but the age restriction is there really to give people a rough idea of what the average age of our members are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:43 am

Sureshot wrote:
QFE
"QFE"?? I'm sorry but my Latin is a little rusty. But I'll take it as a good acronym because you're agreeing with me.

Anyway, I totally agree with Sureshot about 18yr olds. It's also my experience that most 18yr olds still have a lot of growing up to. Perhaps we men hit a sort of "start-of-adulthood crisis" which makes us regress into big kids or something. But after a couple of years this seems to mellow out. So 20+ is a very good min age limit in my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:46 am

"Quoted For Emphasis" Wink
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:46 am

The age limit was also a small part of what attracted me to this guild also. So I'm fine with a high age limit. 20+ is where I'd put it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:49 am

Sureshot wrote:
"Quoted For Emphasis" Wink
Ooooohhhhh... Embarassed

I thought it was something like "quod erat demonstrandum" or "quid pro quo". Haha!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:01 am

I assumed it was "Quids for Effort" - no idea why! lol

I have to say that while H2 does make some great points, I'm all for the 20+ age restriction as it too, was what attracted me to the guild. That and the word "Blasters" in the title.

Blaster PEW-PEW!
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:03 am

Nosyd wrote:
The age limit was also a small part of what attracted me to this guild also. So I'm fine with a high age limit. 20+ is where I'd put it.

Agreed 20+ is the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:14 am

I think +20 age limit is the way to go to.
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am

20+ for me, but think if someone younger does post a top end application we could look into them a bit more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:31 pm

I feel too young now Sad
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Artekus wrote:
I feel too young now Sad

You're the lucky one! I feel like Yoda, but tall. Yoda
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Awww don't put yerself down - you have more hair than yoda!
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Awww don't put yerself down - you have more hair than yoda!

lol
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:34 pm

I think we forget that there can be so many adults (20+) that are immature and rude. Granted, less so than adolescents, but that doesn't mean that adults immune to being idiots. Instead of a high age cap, we should just make an even more extensive initiation program to weed out the immature, racists, stirrers, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
I think we forget that there can be so many adults (20+) that are immature and rude. Granted, less so than adolescents, but that doesn't mean that adults immune to being idiots.
I for one didn't forget that and I certainly don't remember anybody suggesting that adults are immune to being idiots. I think though that it's a fair point to say that, like you admit, adolescents are less likely to show maturity when they're put on the spot. Or perhaps less likely to be gracious in defeat. Wink
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:41 pm

If we have to allow under 20 to join wait to SWTOR to comes out and recruit people from the game that we have fight well with.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
I think we forget that there can be so many adults (20+) that are immature and rude. Granted, less so than adolescents, but that doesn't mean that adults immune to being idiots. Instead of a high age cap, we should just make an even more extensive initiation program to weed out the immature, racists, stirrers, etc.

Well yeah you're absolutely right mate and actually one of the worst people I've ever been in a guild with was in his 20's, so I couldn't agree more. I think it's clear to see though that the majority of the members in this guild are happy with the 20+ limit so I have to take the majority vote on this.

Lord_Nord wrote:
If we have to allow under 20 to join wait to SWTOR to comes out and recruit people from the game that we have fight well with.

Yup, absolutely and it's a preferred method of mine anyway. It's all well and dandy recruiting now but at the same time I still prefer to use the hands on approach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age Restriction Discussion   Age Restriction Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Age Restriction Discussion
Page 1 of 1