The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b10What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b11What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b10What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b11What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b1065%What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b106%What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b1018%What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b106%What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b100%What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?   What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:57 am

Seeing as we know about Jedi & Sith already I Just wondered what other people thought the other classes might be?

I think one of the developers said that they would be heroic and similar to the roles of the characters in the films.

I'm just hoping that we get to see interesting classes such as Bounty Hunter, Spies, Smugglers etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Raiflaine
Registered
Registered
Raiflaine

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?   What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:45 pm

my gess is they will got with the 6 class types or 4 from the SWKOTOR games

Soldier class
Smuggler class
Scout class

then there might be one jedi class, or the other 3 jedi ones

Knight
Sentinal
Councerler

and after a while i think you will be able to cross into a diffrent class after so meny levels.

a bit like the old Starwars online game
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?   What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:56 am

A rumour is going round that there will be 8 classes (though there is no real proof) and each faction will have their own classes. This is what I think they will be if so:

Republic:
Jedi
Soldier
Smuggler
Scout

Sith Empire:
Sith
Marauder
Guard
Spy

I think they pretty much speak for themselves...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?   What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:33 pm

There is a interview out there on Edge saying there will be 8 classes. As it goes for me i see it this way.

It depends on what model Bioware takes. If we will have the trinity (tank,healer,dps) the the classes will look like this IMHO:
Republic -Sith
Jedi -sith
Soldier- sith version of soldier
Scoundrel - assasin (sith version)
medic- sith version

If Bioware takes another rout... God only knows what characters will be there!

Common sense tells us that if they are making an unique non-linear story for each class... There won't be to many of them so 8 is a appropriate number. It also tells us that those classes IF they are going to be faction based will be balanced (mirrored) between factions.

I add in the end that in the very first movie Bioware said that they are not going to revolutionise anything- just add the fourth pillar and work on it. So i don't think we'll see a revolution in any way in gamplay or classes.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?   What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:54 am

I agree with Aliendra, 8 does sound like a good number of classes to have, though I frown upon typical Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS and Healer types, though it seems that it will have to come to that.

Jedi/Sith will be Melee DPS
Soldier/Marauder will be Tank
Scavenger/Scoundrel will be Ranged DPS
Spec Ops/Commando will be Healer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?   What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:15 am

BioWare have confirmed the inclusion of crafting in swtor so maybe a mechanic type class/sub class. And in light of the success of Eve and other high-economy mmorpgs I'd be very supprised if there wasn't a playable trader class. And who wouldn't want to be a pilot?

I'm hoping the guys at BioWare are thinking outside the box. They're talking up their ground breaking-ness so fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?   What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:10 am

Looking through the Star Wars: Saga Edition pen 'n' paper rpg, I get the funny feeling the classes there will be available; primarily because its got a big fat Lucasarts stamp on it, but also because the classes in the rpg are straight out of Kotor:

* Jedi / Sith

* Noble

* Scoundrel

* Scout

* Soldier

What interests me is how they plan to expand on those. In the RPG, these 5 are "starting classes" - for example a soldier can progress and become a Bounty Hunter, a scoundrel can progress and become a Crime Lord, etc.

Also, each of the core classes has sub-sets. For example, a "Jedi" is either a Jedi Guardian, a Jedi Sentinel or a Jedi Consular.

Rumours about that there are at least 8 classes, and looking at most mmorpgs, 8 is the stable starting point.

Let the drip-feed on information continue!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?   What Do You Think The Classes Will Be? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think The Classes Will Be?
Page 1 of 1