The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b10Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b11Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b10Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b11Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b1065%Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b106%Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b1018%Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b106%Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b100%Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Empty
PostSubject: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:05 am

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've run into a couple of tricky questions on the "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz". Let me know how you would answer the following:

1. Of all the play styles, I prefer a guild whose majority members wish to pursue excellence in...

PvP (Player vs Player)

PvE (Player vs Environment)

Both equally

2. Do you prefer multi-gaming guilds that do not limit themselves to one game?

Yes

No

3. If a member doesn't participate in any guild functions within an allotted period of time, they should...

Be removed from the guild.

Be allowed to stay in the guild.

Be prodded, and if they don't have a valid explanation or don't respond, be removed.

4. The popularity of a guild within its server community is...

Important to me.

Not important to me.

5. You prefer a guild, that of all these, stresses the most...

Achieving

Killing

Exploring

Socializing

6. Your ideal guild is...

Accepting of a wide-variety of play-styles

Fairly niche and specialized in one area

7. Your ideal guild...

Requires lots of Star Wars knowledge in order to understand its lore

Does not require any prior Star Wars knowledge

My choices would have been the following but I didn't want to go straight ahead and send the quiz without your thoughts:

1. PVE
2. Yes
3. Should be removed from the guild.
4. Important to me (mainly for the fact that we're an agency & need clients!
5. Socializing
6, Fairly niche and specialized in one area
7. Does not require any prior Star Wars knowledge
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:22 am

Ummmm whats this for exactly? did I miss something?

If you're after our personal answers, mine would go like this:

1. Of all the play styles, I prefer a guild whose majority members wish to pursue excellence in...

No

3. If a member doesn't participate in any guild functions within an allotted period of time, they should...

Be prodded, and if they don't have a valid explanation or don't respond, be removed.

Not important to me.

Socializing

7. Your ideal guild...

But thats just me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:26 am

It's for this. Basically people looking for a guild can use this to find one and apparently it's quite accurate.

As for your answers the only ones I disagree with are the following:

Not important to me.

Reason being we will hav eto be fairly well know by other guilds so that we can be 'hired' in game. Aside from that yeah I can agree with the rest. I'm going to wait until I get more answer from teh guild though and make my mind up from there.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:10 am

If this is about the guild:

PvP (Player vs Player)
What? We want to kill someone but can't just because he/she doesn't want it?

No That's not how I see EPOCH

Be prodded, and if they don't have a valid explanation or don't respond, be removed. Give people a chance, after all, this isn't a zerg guild

Important to me. For de Clientz!

Socializing For de Clientz! (And de Roleplay!)

Though everyone must roleplay

7. Your ideal guild...

Requires lots of Star Wars knowledge in order to understand its lore Well we are an RP guild...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:32 am

No

Be removed from the guild

Not important to me

Exploring

Fairly niche and specialized in one area

7. Your ideal guild...

Because...
1. PvP focussed players are usually nobs
2. Multi-game = no depth of commitment
3. They should state beforehand if they can't attend or do something
4. It simply isn't. I'd be careful not to confuse reputation with popularity; wanting to be in a popular guild is a deffernt thing to wanting to be in a respected guild. People who answer "popular" probably expect huge member nos.
5. Because this says folks want to take their time and see everything the game has to offer.
6. ie: RP
7. No Dantes please
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:36 am

Ok well I think I'm getting the general jist of things now. Some answers seem popular whilst others are still a bit undecided.

Harewood wrote:

4. It simply isn't. I'd be careful not to confuse reputation with popularity; wanting to be in a popular guild is a deffernt thing to wanting to be in a respected guild. People who answer "popular" probably expect huge member nos.

It's ok theres another question about what size guild you'd like to be in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:47 am

We need to be popular. If people want to RP with us over other people, then we're popular. If people want to hire us over other people, we're a popular choice. We can have a reputation as something (such as a ruthless agency), but still be unpopular. Popularity is still a crucial part of this guild, but I understand were you're coming from Red.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:56 am

I personally have no interest in seeing EPOCH being popular. I'd prefer us to be exclusive and in demand. Smile

After all, if we're too popular we're also by definition a bit rubbish at being secret ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:26 am

I respectfully disagree with what you're saying Harl. I think popularity on a server is not as important as having a respected reputation, especially amongst RP communities.

Take for instance our recent trouble with the GTC; if being popular was "crucial" to us we would have ignored the rubbish that was/is the GTC in order to remain popular with it's 100-odd members and not seem like elitist wankers by other guilds. But we didn't. We chose reputation over popularity.

I'm not saying popularity is a bad thing. And I'm not saying that I'd be annoyed if our strong reputation lead to our being popular. All in all what I am saying is that if I had to choose between two statements asking if being in a popular guild was important to me or not; I'd say no. And I would hope that we'd like to attract the kind of person who would say no.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:38 am

I see both points to be honest. My idea for when the guild was good and ready would be to put out adverts on the OOC channel advertising to help people in levelling (if they're lower level) or raids. Either that or we could visit the different guild websites and plug our guilds services. That will indeed make us popular I think but at the same time Hare's right and it should be based on reputation.

To be honest it's a bit of crap question anyway.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:51 am

Yeah, were are the inbetween choices?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 am

Well if we're advertising directly to guilds then popularity is definitely inconsequential to the take-up our RP-services. But if this 'either/or' answer is for pigeon holing a potential member then the services we offer and how popularity effects them is a pointless consideration anyway. The person taking the quiz doesn't care about that. All she's thinking about is whether being popular is important in and of itself. It's a simple enough question. And I really think we want to be trying to bag the people who say 'no' over those who say 'yes'.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:04 am

Okies I'll go for no then as you put it like that! Laughing

Still, it is a really retarded question. It needs a "WTF?" answer to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:05 am

Sureshot wrote:
Still, it is a really retarded question. It needs a "WTF?" answer to be honest.
lol Razz Amen!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:57 pm

Ok one more question thats been bugging me:

Your ideal guild's faction...

Galactic Republic

Sith Empire

Mixture of both

Neither

No preference

I was tempted to go for "Neither" but then I have to wonder if we'd get more results by selecting Sith.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:00 pm

Well we are technically Sith. People who say neither may be looking for a duel-faction guild like the GTC so it's a safer and probably better bet to go with Sith. But that's only my 2 credits.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Yes

Not important to me.

Socializing

7. Your ideal guild...
Does not require any prior Star Wars knowledge

8.Your ideal guild's faction...
Mixture of both
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
Well we are technically Sith. People who say neither may be looking for a duel-faction guild like the GTC so it's a safer and probably better bet to go with Sith. But that's only my 2 credits.

Aye I agree. We're much more likely to come out on more results that way.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:13 pm

RIGHT! ALL SENT OFF NOW!

Thanks peeps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"   Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz" Empty

Back to top Go down

Help With The "Find Your Ideal Guild Quiz"
Page 1 of 1