The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b10Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b11Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b10Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b11Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b1065%Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b106%Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b1018%Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b100%Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Sureshot's Thread of Horror!

Go down 
+5
Dante Demens
Godjera
PrioryJK
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Empty
PostSubject: Sureshot's Thread of Horror!   Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:49 pm

I don't know how many of you are horror junkies but as I am I'm gonna rub a load of gory movies in your face! This thread is recommendations that I highly recommend (or don't) in the horror genre, and if you can throw anymore my way I'd be most grateful.

First off:

Låt den rätte komma in (Let The Right One In).

Quick summary: Oskar, a bullied 12-year old, dreams of revenge. He falls in love with Eli, a peculiar girl. She can't stand the sun or food and to come into a room she needs to be invited. Eli gives Oskar the strength to hit back but when he realizes that Eli needs to drink other people's blood to live he's faced with a choice. How much can love forgive? Let The Right One In is a story both violent and highly romantic, set in the Stockholm suburb of Blackeberg in 1982.

Quick review: Ok, so I don't know where people stand on foreign subtitled movies but I have no problem with them whatsover. The horror genre as it stands of late has just been plagued by remakes and bad re-tellings of Korean/Japanese classics such as "The Eye", but this little movie from Sweden has something rather special about it, in fact one might say very special indeed as its unlike any other vampire movie I have ever seen. The whole movie is pretty much viewed through the eyes and life of a child and one that most adult viewers can relate too in some form or another. It's not about the gore-factor whatsover so if thats what you're looking for then avoid this because you will be dissapointed. If you think more along the lines of "Stand By Me" crossed-over with "Pans Labyrinth" then you'll already have a good idea of what it's about. It has a very haunting quality to it and is as equally comforting as it is disturbing. I particularly found it interesting and it's actually got the potential to become and underground classic for a straight to video release. Definitely recommended

7.5/10

Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Sureshot's Thread of Horror!   Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:33 am

I love that film! Very Happy It's hilarious! (Zombieland that is)
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Sureshot's Thread of Horror!   Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:09 am

Blimey, I've seen a ton of horrors lately. I'll have to get my thinking cap on and write them all out with a mini review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
WildWallace
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Sureshot's Thread of Horror!   Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:37 am

Hope you don't mind my posting here.

My most recently-watched horror film was Orphan.

Quick Summary: A married couple - Kate and John - with two children recently lost a child and are experiencing problems in their marriage. The decide to adopt a child and go to the local orphanage where they find what they assume to be the perfect little girl. She seems sweet, cute and loveable and from Russia. Eventually, Kate grows suspicious of the little girl after she says things that you would not usually expect from a 9 year old girl. Soon, Esther turns violent against everybody and Kate begins to unravel a secret about Esther that would change everything.

Quick review: I liked the film. It wasn't particularly scary but it made for interesting watching. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes twists-in-the-tail.

7/10
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Sureshot's Thread of Horror!   Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:36 am

Orphan's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
WildWallace
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Sureshot's Thread of Horror!   Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:37 am

I downloaded and watched it on XBox LIVE. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Sureshot's Thread of Horror!   Sureshot's Thread of Horror! EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:32 am

DEAD SET

Dunno how many of you saw this uk-done "Big Brother" zombie spoof but I really enjoyed it (mainly because I HATE big brother and really like zombie stuff), but I noticed all of it is up on Youtube.

So, for as long as its there, here it is for your streaming pleasure Very Happy

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

(sorry, Embedding was disabled)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sureshot's Thread of Horror!   Sureshot's Thread of Horror! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sureshot's Thread of Horror!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next