The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
News from The Praxeum EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
News from The Praxeum EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
News from The Praxeum EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
News from The Praxeum EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
News from The Praxeum EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
News from The Praxeum EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
News from The Praxeum EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
News from The Praxeum EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
News from The Praxeum EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
News from The Praxeum Vote_b10News from The Praxeum Vote_b11News from The Praxeum Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
News from The Praxeum Vote_b10News from The Praxeum Vote_b11News from The Praxeum Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
News from The Praxeum Vote_b1065%News from The Praxeum Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
News from The Praxeum Vote_b106%News from The Praxeum Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
News from The Praxeum Vote_b1018%News from The Praxeum Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
News from The Praxeum Vote_b100%News from The Praxeum Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

News from The Praxeum

Go down 
+2
Harlequin2
Lunarwolf
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

News from The Praxeum Empty
PostSubject: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:03 am

Right. To begin to get to know The Praxeum and it’s members better it’s a good idea to start with their internal ranking structure. All of their members are encouraged to include the following identifiers in their signatures. I’ve edited together their ranks list better for our use so that whoever we meet we can gauge how important they are and what their character most likely does.

The Praxeum wrote:
Ranks
Our ranks are based on the ranks of the Jedi Order.

News from The Praxeum JediInitiateSig - Often a prospective Jedi was detected through blood sampling—those with great Force potential had high midi-chlorian counts in their bloodstream. If a youngling was not chosen to be a Padawan they could choose to leave the Order.

News from The Praxeum JediPadawanSig - An apprentice who began serious tutelage under a single Jedi Knight or Jedi Master. In order to graduate to Padawan status, an Initiate was required to be chosen by a Knight or Master and taken as their sole pupil

News from The Praxeum JediKnightSig - A disciplined Padawan could become a fully trained Jedi once they completed "the trials."

News from The Praxeum JediMasterSig - A Jedi Knight who showed great understanding of the Force and managed to instruct a Padawan and train them successfully to the level of a Jedi Knight. This title could also be achieved through the performance of extraordinary deeds, or retaking the trials.

News from The Praxeum CouncilMemberSig - A very few Jedi were invited to serve on the Jedi Council, the governing body of the Order. The Council was made up exclusively of wise, experienced Masters. Of course, our council won't be the governing body of the whole Jedi Order, but overseeing a smaller group(our guild).

Classes

News from The Praxeum JediGuardianSig
News from The Praxeum JediSentinelSig
News from The Praxeum JediConsularSig

Titles

Each of the titles have 3 ranks:
Master: Fully mastered the arts of his subject.
Adept: Have great knowledge and skills in his area of expertise
Novice: Have little knowledge/skills in his selected area of expertise.

Head Master – The Head of The Praxeum. No additional ranks.

(Master) – News from The Praxeum JediInstructorSig
(Adept) – News from The Praxeum JediTeacherSig
(Novice) – News from The Praxeum JediTutorSig

Chosen From: Any Jedi who wishes to teach and proves a standard of knowledge in a given subject.
Primary Directives: Educate Praxeum students in a classroom setting.

(Master) - News from The Praxeum BattlemasterSig
(Adept) - News from The Praxeum JediTemplar
(Novice) - News from The Praxeum JediWarderSig

Chosen From: Dedicated Jedi Guardians who prove a standard of martial skill.
Primary Directives: Monitor security (physically) and defend the Praxeum against attack. Provide lightsabre training to Praxeum students.

(Master) - News from The Praxeum ChiefLibrarianSig
(Adept) - News from The Praxeum JediChroniclerSig
(Novice) - News from The Praxeum JediScribeSig

Chosen From: Academically-minded Jedi with an interest in Jedi history and lore.
Primary Directives: Research. Maintaining and contributing to the Praxeum archives.

(Master) - News from The Praxeum MasterHealerSig
(Adept) - News from The Praxeum JediPhysicianSig
(Novice) - News from The Praxeum JediMedicSig

Chosen From: Compassionate Jedi who wish to develop their healing skills and abilities to aid others.
Primary Directives: Continued focus on healing arts. Using healing skills within and without the Praxeum. Maintain a small hospital within the Praxeum.

(Master) - News from The Praxeum ForceMasterSig
(Adept) - News from The Praxeum JediSageSig
(Novice) - News from The Praxeum JediAcolyteSig

Chosen From: Dedicated Jedi Consulars who prove a standard in knowledge of and use of the Force.
Primary Directives: Monitor security (through the Force). Provide Force training to Praxeum students.

(Master) - News from The Praxeum JediAceSig
(Adept) - News from The Praxeum JediPilotSig
(Novice) - News from The Praxeum JediCadetSig

Chosen From: Dedicated Jedi pilots who prove a standard of skill in operating a variety of craft.
Primary Directives: Monitor security (orbital). Defend the Praxeum against attack. Provide pilot training to Praxeum students.

(Master) - News from The Praxeum JediWatchmanSig
(Adept) - News from The Praxeum JediInvestigatorSig
(Novice) - News from The Praxeum JediScoutSig

Chosen From: Dedicated Jedi Sentinels who prove a standard of skill in stealth and surveillance.
Primary Directives: Gather intelligence on persons, places, and things as directed by the Praxeum Council. The Praxeum Watchman oversees all such activities within the Praxeum’s sector.

(Master) - News from The Praxeum JediEngineerSig
(Adept) - News from The Praxeum JediTechnologistSig
(Novice) - News from The Praxeum JediTechnician

Chosen From: Technically-minded Jedi who prove a standard of knowledge of the workings of mechanical equipment.
Primary Directives: Crafting, repair, and maintenance of technologies including but not limited to vehicles, spacecraft, droids, computers, weaponry, and other equipment and devices.

So makes things crystal clear, right? News from The Praxeum Happy-smiley-89 Good.

On this thread (like the other allies news threads) I’ll be bringing you exciting tit-bits of Praxeum related goings on along with news of any inter-guild collaborations in the offing.
If you have any questions about The Praxuem please feel free to post them here and I’ll do my best to get you an answer.

Oh, and… May the Force be with you.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:52 am

There is no freakin' way I'm gonna remember all that.

Its great, its well thought out, definitive and very descriptive.

It also makes my brain bleed.

I think I'll get as far as:

"You a Jedi?"
"Yeah."
"Wicked. I'm driving."

Maybe after another 40-70 re-reads...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 12:07 pm

So, you could be a Jedi Knight Consular who is a Jedi Pilot.
You could also be a Jedi Master Sentinel who is a Jedi Watchman...

So it just fits into 3 types of ranks, guild rank, class and duty. Makes sense but it's so complicated, you'll never get complete hang of it unless you read it a lot as LW said...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:07 am

Bloody hell thats confusing! Why do guilds do that? I'll never understand why they add so many ranks! Seems really pointless to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:26 am

Jeez, thats even worse than the RoM ranks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:49 am

It's a little over the top if you ask me. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:54 am

I thought it was a bit silly as well to be honest, but the more I thought about it the more it began to make sense (maybe it's that hostage sympathy mentality coming into effect? lol).

For overall guild workings and structure it makes little sense I agree, but from an individual’s point of view it provides many levels of betterment and reward in the form of advancement. I think people are more inclined to put extra effort into their guild if 'effort' = 'advancement'. The guild reaps the benefit of a system where members feel enfranchised.

Too few rank tiers where members quickly hit a glass ceiling sees member X thinking "why should I put in more effort than members Y and Z when our ranks remain equal no matter what they don't do?". But a rank system that has many varied tiers built in which slowly rewards and recognises ongoing efforts on the part of members (members who are RP-heavy gamers where advancement and levelling are ingrained concepts) might have more going for it than at first glance.

If you look at it like that, it brings in-game concepts into guild workings. Competitive members try to advance quickly (therefore put the effort in) and those who like to realise their own potential in their own time can get on with their own thing (with the guild again reaping the benefit).

Anyway, the only thread I've seen about their guild's internal projects is one about a new recruitment video. And there are many many members constructively offering ideas and working out plans and methods – they all seem so motivated! And I was trying to think; how do you keep workers motivated? In the workplace it's usually a pay rise! lol But that comes with being promoted to the next tier or zone which is only really possible with a clearly defined progression path, usually with more than one or two possible promotions in it.

And that's how I've come to look at it anyway. The system can look a mess from the outside but I recon there’s some method to the madness.
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:40 am

Love it! drunken
Back to top Go down
http://owl68.hyves.nl
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Redwatch wrote:
I thought it was a bit silly as well to be honest, but the more I thought about it the more it began to make sense (maybe it's that hostage sympathy mentality coming into effect? lol).

For overall guild workings and structure it makes little sense I agree, but from an individual’s point of view it provides many levels of betterment and reward in the form of advancement. I think people are more inclined to put extra effort into their guild if 'effort' = 'advancement'. The guild reaps the benefit of a system where members feel enfranchised.

Too few rank tiers where members quickly hit a glass ceiling sees member X thinking "why should I put in more effort than members Y and Z when our ranks remain equal no matter what they don't do?". But a rank system that has many varied tiers built in which slowly rewards and recognises ongoing efforts on the part of members (members who are RP-heavy gamers where advancement and levelling are ingrained concepts) might have more going for it than at first glance.

If you look at it like that, it brings in-game concepts into guild workings. Competitive members try to advance quickly (therefore put the effort in) and those who like to realise their own potential in their own time can get on with their own thing (with the guild again reaping the benefit).

Anyway, the only thread I've seen about their guild's internal projects is one about a new recruitment video. And there are many many members constructively offering ideas and working out plans and methods – they all seem so motivated! And I was trying to think; how do you keep workers motivated? In the workplace it's usually a pay rise! lol But that comes with being promoted to the next tier or zone which is only really possible with a clearly defined progression path, usually with more than one or two possible promotions in it.

And that's how I've come to look at it anyway. The system can look a mess from the outside but I recon there’s some method to the madness.

Aye I see what you're saying but I still feel it defeats the object of rankings in my eyes. I mean if someone in a discussion was trying to pull rank it could cause a lot of confusion. For example someone could turn around and say "Well you may be a Jedi Investigator, but my main is a Jedi Sage and my alt is a Jedi Templar, so I have 2 ranks compared to your one!" It sounds crazy I know but unfortunately this is what guilds can get like.

I think the thing that really gripes me about too many ranks though is something tells me its kinda childish. When I look at some of the guild structures on swtor.com I really have to laugh. You can always tell the 'ne'er do well' guilds from the get-go because they always have plenty of ranks that generally are there to keep players whilst in reality they don't have any significance whatsoever (I think Republic Navy is one). I personally think HofD have handled in the best way because everyone has their rank and people can gain an award for every type of effort that they put into the guild, be it roleplaying, recruiting etc, etc.

One of the reason I came up with the idea of roles actually was to give one or more of our agents more power and responsibilty in a chosen field, plus that way you end up with the best man (or woman) for the job.

I guess its each to their own at the end of the day though.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Just noticed this by the way Red:

Quote :
Salutations honoured members of The Praxeum. My name is Theodore Creon, I believe you have been expecting me? I apologise for my late arrival. These are strange and uneasy times we live in and my preparations delayed me longer than I would have liked.

I come here, as you know, on behalf of the Agents of the E.P.O.C.H to represent their interests in peaceful relations with your organisation. Do not let my somewhat unorthodox status confuse matters; although I remain to a degree a free agent, I have acted in service to E.P.O.C.H’s administration many times in the past. Their Head of Operations I am flattered to say went to the trouble of extending this office to me personally. I am versed in nearly all aspects of their enterprise and though some of the methods employed by certain divisions within E.P.O.C.H could be deemed questionable, their professionalism and the results they deliver cannot.

And this brings us to the crux of my presence here. As well as extending a hand of friendship in the hope of building good will, I am authorised to enter negotiations regarding the procurement of E.P.O.C.H’s many services. Discussing and planning any future joint ventures between The Praxeum and E.P.O.C.H is also well within my remit. I am sure there are many levels to which our affiliation will prove mutually beneficial.

I anticipate I will enjoy myself immensely here and learn a great deal in my time among you. If there is anything I can do for any of you, or if you have any questions about the Agents of the E.P.O.C.H or indeed myself, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am at your immediate disposal.

Regards,
T Creon

Very nice work mate! Perfect intro. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm

aye, agreed! We should get this "Redwatch" fella involved in a few of our Forum RP's you know, I think he'd fit right in Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Ah, so you saw that then. I wouldn't say it was perfect but if you want to, then... News from The Praxeum Happy-smiley-601 lol
It's even earned me 1 whole reply! News from The Praxeum Happy-smiley-8815
And I think "Redwatch" would be up for a little RP here, yeah. Haha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Something I came across trawling for something (anything!) interesting over at the Praxeum:

Zankaru wrote:
Update:

well im hoping against it, but unless we get more HoD people to RP this is already dead, only two of their 10+ people have even posted once, perhaps sin and I announced the RP too early while we were still planning everything, also didnt help that sin had to leave right as we got it started.*sigh*, Setting a deadline for the 10th, if we dont atleast get the RP up to the first JA battle done before then, im gonna end the RP. The jedi are pretty much ready, just waiting on the sith.

Will let yall know if anything changes.
Re: Praxeum VS. HoD - Campaign RP - Assault on Ambria
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 09:12:47 PM » « Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:13:38 PM by Zankaru »

I'll leave it up to yourselves to draw your own conclusions from this interesting little post...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 3:39 pm

This is precisely what I was talking to Tando and Arte about tonight. After what Tando has relayed to me I haven't been that impressed with the feedback. Mynock made an odd comment about us teaming up with them and the Praxeum & something about them being 2 'established' guilds (I use that term in a joking manner cause how can a guild be truly established until the game goes live?). So even if I like some of the guys in HofD I am second guessing their so called roleplay level and their commitment.

I think the best bet for now is to play along and see how it pans out. If they turn out to be a less than favourable ally then we'll cut them from our list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:29 am

To be honest I found Mynock's recent message to us (found here) really crass. I'm not impressed. Okay, fair enough it's roleplay and we shouldn't read too much into it. But if we were to read more into it (News from The Praxeum Happy-smiley-89), it's obvious he's decided to try and take a dominant stance towards us when I would think a more intelligent approach would be for a Sith to flatter and manipulate.

I think he's trying to see how much he can get away with. How much he can push his luck. I've stopped myself writing in reply on that thread because I think our illustrious leader should decide our best course of action. If this is just Mynock's bad diplomacy and ill conceived roleplay then he's doubly deserving of a rebuke and if it's a symptom of HoD being a bad ally, we're better of probing that possibility.

I think we should remind him he's a guest here and we won't be talked down to. Show HoD we won't be laughed at and we demand respect if an alliance is to even be considered.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:54 am

I'm in agreement with you Red, Mynock's post actually angered me a little. I didn't post in that thread because I didn't want to cause a stink, but I was VERY temped to point out that we're a neutral guild, not a sith guild and that we're not thier little lapdogs to be pushed around.

It might just be me playing my Republic card here (and if it seems like I am playing it too heavily I apologise) but its been said more than once before that although the crime element is a big part of what we do, its not all that we're about.

In contrast, if it were an RP situation or in-game, I can tell you now that if someone like Mynock actually referred to say, Ree as "Villanious Scum" to either her face or via some other form of communication, she would simply end him and dispose of the body - alliance or not. I don't think I would be against anyone doing the same either.

I also agree that it was not a sensible way to try to win us over either. Notice how the "I am a SITH LORD, worship me!" types die very rapidly in SW lore whereas the "Do not be so quick to dismiss our ways, my friend. The Jedi poison you against us because we offer help they never could.." tend to last a hellova lot longer!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
I can tell you now that if someone like Mynock actually referred to say, Ree as "Villanious Scum" to either her face or via some other form of communication, she would simply end him and dispose of the body - alliance or not.

Skursir's quite different, he definiately wouldn't like it but would play along so that the alliance stayed strong (like I did in my reply). I didn't go into any detail or explanations because I don't want to screw things up, if one of the Heads deems it futile to carry on the relationship, then that is their decision, not mine. All I could do was welcome him and give some links to important topics.

But isn't Darth Mynock the Lord of Power? Doesn't he wish to create dominance, both in aura and in reality? Maybe this is just him roleplaying well, maybe his personality pours into his character? Either way, we shouldn't "attack" him for his post, at least not just yet and also, why are we talking about the Hands of Darkness on a Praxeum thread? We should move this to a new thread...
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 am

I have to say I wasn't impressed by the post myself. I kept quiet about because I don't know too much about our allies and I wasn't sure it was my place to speak up about it.

Dark greetings scum and villains from EPOCH got my goat right from the start and then the underlying superior attitude just annoyed the hell out of me.

Not a great post whether it was role-play or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:01 am

Today Fox has sent me his ideas for a massively-multi guild cross-over RP he's planning on running with all the allies of the Praxeum.

Here's my response, to which I'm awaiting an answer:

Redwatch wrote:
That all sounds really good Fox. I'd be up for a roleplay from your wordsmithing brain and worthy pen!

If I can just drag you back to the mention of this being a sort of multi-multi guild crossover RP? That's the bit I'm having problems with and where I'd like more info. I see that just as I mentioned your allies boards, they done gone changed on me! Ha! But a healthy discussion somewhere at the Praxeum boards with all parties at the table would be a great place to start, don't you think?

I would prefer the first joint venture between our two guilds to be between our two guilds. I think it's wiser, and I'd be much more comfortable, if we took our baby-steps before trying to run full pelt. These are very much early days in E.P.O.C.H's relationship with the Praxeum and risking our first joint project to failure from things outside the influence of our control feels unnecessary to me.

So; great idea, but to me a little premature. And I'd really want to have open discussions with all parties before signing up to anything.

Let me know how you feel, or what your bosses say in response.

Cheers,
Red
I'll update on this with a response when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:08 am

Nosyd wrote:
I have to say I wasn't impressed by the post myself. I kept quiet about because I don't know too much about our allies and I wasn't sure it was my place to speak up about it.

Dark greetings scum and villains from EPOCH got my goat right from the start and then the underlying superior attitude just annoyed the hell out of me.

Not a great post whether it was role-play or not.

Aye I agree it was a bit cheeky but at the same time you just fight fire with fire. What they can do we can do better than kinda thing. All's fair in love and Roleplay!

Redwatch wrote:
Today Fox has sent me his ideas for a massively-multi guild cross-over RP he's planning on running with all the allies of the Praxeum.

Here's my response, to which I'm awaiting an answer:

Redwatch wrote:
That all sounds really good Fox. I'd be up for a roleplay from your wordsmithing brain and worthy pen!

If I can just drag you back to the mention of this being a sort of multi-multi guild crossover RP? That's the bit I'm having problems with and where I'd like more info. I see that just as I mentioned your allies boards, they done gone changed on me! Ha! But a healthy discussion somewhere at the Praxeum boards with all parties at the table would be a great place to start, don't you think?

I would prefer the first joint venture between our two guilds to be between our two guilds. I think it's wiser, and I'd be much more comfortable, if we took our baby-steps before trying to run full pelt. These are very much early days in E.P.O.C.H's relationship with the Praxeum and risking our first joint project to failure from things outside the influence of our control feels unnecessary to me.

So; great idea, but to me a little premature. And I'd really want to have open discussions with all parties before signing up to anything.

Let me know how you feel, or what your bosses say in response.

Cheers,
Red
I'll update on this with a response when it arrives.

Yup I agree that a 1 on 1 RP with the Prax would be better. I think we all know that if we end up meeting up in one big go then we'll be looking at all out war, so lets butter them up individually in character first and see how it works out. Hell, thats what "the Falleen" would do!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 am

Fox wrote:
Ah yes my friend I can understand that. I realise that it is rather sudden but would it help to say that we only wish to do this roleplay with yourselves, us, and the Galactic Trade Commission as we value your input and alliance more than any other.

I think from what we have seen and done so far, we see these sorts of things as a ice breaker of sorts. Because obviously the act of roleplaying in these sort of scenarios is the thing we are the most passionate about and have often used it to bridge the gap between members who were previously strangers to each other.

I think what you have done so far with introducing yourself on our forums is a very powerfull thing, and I know for a fact that after this weekend many people will reply on that thread (we are in the middle of something big you see)

I very much hope that you will join in on this roleplay as I am a hundred percent sure that it will show our members and yours what we are all capabale of and then as a result help yourselves and our members get to know each other better.

Smile

Well it looks like Fox has changed his tune, or has been told to scale his ideas down or whatever. Now it's just us, the Prax and the GTC.

I still stand by the opinion that our first RP with them should be a Prax/E.P.O.C.H only venture but I'll wait to give an answer till I hear a "yay" or "nay" from the powers that be. My personal view is that agreeing to this could mend bridges with the GTC over the ridiculousness their appointed diplomat has thrown at us, but do we want to before we've heard Torgal's attitude to his guild's mistreatment of us? ...But more the one-on-one thing.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:29 am

I'll get back to him as soon as I can on this but I can tell you now that I shan't be taking part in any RP that DarkA is part of. If they can give us a list of who will be participating then I'll decide from there. Sound fair enough?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:42 am

That sounds very wise. And ties in nicely with my request that all parties to be involved thrash out the details first.

Thankee kindly Boss, I shall run off and let Fox (er, Sol Deran that is!) know where we stand. (If I can finally track down one of his posts somewhere on the Prax site to give me access to the little PM button nex to his avatar. Non-full members can't search for/view profiles! Mad lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:51 am

Redwatch/Creon wrote:
Hello Sol, I eventually found one of your posts here and got to click the little PM button. Do you know your site doesn't let non-full members see/find profiles? Who knew Jedi were so secretive?! lol

Around our parts the Praxeum is known to be a guild very much into it's roleplaying. The chance to enjoy a story along side dedicated RP-ers has created a bit of a buzz amongst the play-by-post enthusiasts at home and aside from the reasons I've already discussed, keeping a crossover RP between just our two guilds allows for us to involve one or two more members each. This would go down well with my lot and I personally think the more we can mix our members together the better, without muddying the waters by a third party's involvement.

However we would be open to a wider multi-guild crossover, with the GTC or anyone else. But only on the condition that we can all discuss beforehand the specifics of things like which guilds are involved, and which members in particular are signed up and have they proven committed to play-by-post at home? – Things like that.

It's my hope that you will still want to run a crossover RP between [just] the Praxuem and E.P.O.C.H because, as the intro you put up on our site when you applied to us and the RP outline you sent me attest to, I think you'll prove a fantastic storyteller and your excellent communication skills will, I think, transfer well to DM-ing.

Let me know if/how you wish to proceed.

Regards,
Creon/Redwatch

We'll see where that gets us. I've emphasized the 1-on-1 RP because we all agree that's the preferred scenario.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 am

Well I've been chatting with Sol Deran (aka Fox) and the latest word from him is that the Praxeum are still very interested in an RP with us. For some hitherto unknown reason he seems hesitant to want to engage in one-on-one talks with us and keeps pushing forward the suggestion of wider multi-guild communications. Not just on RP but on everything. I don't know if this is because he's being told from above to go down that route, or if he's just an idealist with a 'world' vision, or even if he's just too blinkered to realise that there are things that can't (or shouldn't) be talked about openly.

Anyway, this seems to have brought us to a bit of a stale-mate in regards to a one-on-one RP with the Prax held by Sol (which is a shame cos his outline sounded good). It's probably for the best though as it puts the ball back in our court and I have a few ideas myself for a Jedi-friendly RP. I'm busy with other guild stuff atm though so I'll get around to that when I can.

In the meantime I'll keep showing a presence on the Prax forums and post back anything interesting here. Erm... That might be a long wait. News from The Praxeum Tired-sleeping-smiley-33
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News from The Praxeum   News from The Praxeum Empty

Back to top Go down

News from The Praxeum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next