The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b10AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b11AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b10AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b11AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b1065%AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b106%AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b1018%AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b100%AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY

Go down 
+3
Godjera
Black Heart
Sureshot
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Empty
PostSubject: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:55 am

The job of an officer in the guild is a very important role and if you have been elected by your fellow guild mates or guild leader to be one then you should feel VERY honoured. However, as everyones favourite web-slinger once said - "With great power comes great responsibilty", and the same could be said for an officer in this guild. It's a tricky job indeed and some people are cut out for it whilst others are not. I've made mistakes in the past where I have just given the jobs to people who have been with the guild longest, without a thought of actually thinking 'Is this person right for the job?'. This my friends is all about to change, so read on....

As some of you know I have made a decision that when each officer is promoted they will given their own role within the guild. I will let the officers choose which job suits them best, and it will be first come, first serve as each one is selected. If you want to swap roles within the guild then you may exchange between each other but if I feel someone isn't right for that particular role then I will say, so don't feel offended if that is the case. Obviously the game may well offer a different heirachy system, but for all intensive purposes we will be following the one set here. Below is a summary of how I would like the officer system to work:

FIRST OFFICER/DEPARTMENT LEADERS

This is the highest position one can attain in the guild aside from Guild Leader obviously. It is by far the most complicated role and it requires a lot of time and dedication. You will be asked to do all of the duties that a Guild Leader must do and be ready to handle any situation. When the Guild Leader is away, you will in fact be an acting Sub-Leader(s) and you will be given full trust in the running of the guild in the Leader's absence. This job is best suited for members that are extremely reliable and have full confidence in their abilities with handling a gaming community. Remember that having your fellow guild members trust and respect is vital for this position. Like the Guild Leader it can be a thankless task but at the same time it is very rewarding. The perks are as follows:

• The 2nd. highest ranking position in the guild that gives you much more freedom to express yourself and shape the guild. You're pretty much top dog!
  • Moderator status that gives you access to an administration role.
  • A leadership role within the guild which gives you the right to add or remove players as long as it stays within guild rules.
  • You get to work closely with the leader and add your input to his final decisions concerning the guild. Think of it as a personal assistant role if you will.
  • 5 'Thermal Detonator' pips!! Can't get better than that!

OFFICER

This is also a very respectable role within the guild and it offers a bit more freedom than your average member. As with the First Officer it requires a bit of time and dedication but not nearly as much. What differs the two positions is that you will be given one or two roles within the guild to concentrate on rather than all of them which the previously mentioned positions have to deal with on a regular basis. Again, this role requires respect and trust from your fellow guild members and although its not as complicated as the First Officer, it will be tricky at times. Here are some of the perks:

• The 3rd. highest ranking posistion in the guild that allows you to shape the direction of the guild.
  • Less tasks than the Guild Leader or the First Officer.
  • You will be working closely with the Guild Leader and First Officer and hearing their ideas, so trust is vital.
  • A specific role within the guild.
  • 4 Thermal Detonator pips!! WIN!!

TYPICAL ROLES

I've talked a bit about roles within the guild so I think nows the time to elaborate on what I mean by them. As I've previously mentioned the Guild Leader & First officer will be doing the main day-to-day chores of running a guild, but officers will have a the option to choose which role suits them best. Here is a list of roles that may need filling:

• Community Management - Leader & First Officer only. This will involve conflict management and generally be the place to go to if you have a problem. Must be aware of all the guild rules.
  • Raid Leader - Good for tactical officers who feel they're experienced in MMO's and game mechanics.
  • Roleplay Director - Someone creative to help with many story arcs for the guild. Very important and fun role. (Lunarwolf's Role)
  • Creative Director - Someone who is interested in the visual 'look' of the guild & it's website.
(Redwatch's Role)
  • Events Co-ordinator - They will arrange a lot of the guild events and be able to keep an eye on the forums regularly for any RP/Developer events).
  • Recruitment Officer - The most common job. Keeping an eye out for potential recruits if we require any. You have to be a good judge of character for this job and it can be time consuming.
  • Funds Manager - This is a great job for people who like to keep track of the guilds funds and who's payed what toward things like guild houses (if there are any). Must be trustworthy!
  • Guild Representative - This will be an important role where you will be dealing with a lot of the allies that the guild will make. Must always be polite and fluent with our guild lore.

As you can see there are many roles within a guild and some people are better suited than other so choose wisely what you would like to do. More may be added at a later date.

CHOOSING THE RIGHT GUILD OFFICERS

There are a few things to consider whilst choosing a Guild Officer. First you have to ask yourself 'Would this person do the job justice?'. I generally use things like activity, helpfulness, dedication, gaming knowledge, knowledge of the lore and of course a friendly personality to choose officers and these are the sort of things you should look out for whilst picking who you want as a Guild Officer. There are however some things you should avoid. Remember this isn't a popularity contest and if you see it as that then you may well miss a potentially great officer in the making and vote for the wrong one. Another thing that I think people should avoid for obvious reason is rigging the election. If someone contacts you saying "Vote For Me" via a personal message, you have to wonder if that person is trustworthy in the first place. So, to wrap things up, remember when you do choose a new officer, make sure you choose wisely. Your decision effects the rest of the guild and I personally I look forward to moving some of you up the ranks!

alien

===============

Note: The elections haven't started yet but it won't be long until they do! Everything in this is subject to change and if you have any questions leave me a message here. Smile

Last edited by Sureshot on Tue May 26, 2009 5:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 am

Sorry to double post , I'm a bad man I know! Crying or Very sad

I was wondering at this current moment in time, who's planning on going for an Officer position in the near future and what roles interest you? Obviously some roles can only be decided in-game but I wondered what your thoughts were.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:29 pm

If anything i'm just a recruit but i think i'm qualified to be a Community Manager or a Guild Representative because i go along well with people and i keep my strong views to myself all the time! I never couse a fight or any trouble! I always watch out for other peoples sensitivity and my anglis skillzzz r leetz0r...

p.s Look at the date! April fools! ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 am

Can I be obvious here and put my hand up for 'Creative Director' please? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Seriously though. I was a Funds Manager and architect in my guild in AOC. Build a city and pimped the money out of the working girls allot. So if that spot might be one day open i wouldn't mind giving my best shot at it.
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:49 pm

I'd be interested in filling any of the aforementioned roles. Save for Creative Director, that's all Redwatch.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Black Heart wrote:
I'd be interested in filling any of the aforementioned roles. Save for Creative Director, that's all Redwatch.

I agree and I've just given him the job. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:18 am

Sureshot wrote:
I agree and I've just given him the job. Very Happy

Hoorah! Thanks Boss! Very Happy

farao *Redwatch puts his creative hat on and starts handing out coloured card and safety scissors.

Come on everyone - lets make paper-chains to brighten up the place! Razz
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:37 pm

I could do the funds bit due to the fact that maths is my main talent and I've done in before in Guild Wars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:23 am

I've just been nosing about our new ally's forum and have been impressed with the Hands of Darkness Ranks page. It's a nice clear visual idea I think we should steal! Suspect

And perhaps when we're further down the line, if it doesn't interfear with permissions, we could think about adding specific role titles to our rank. ie:

Redwatch
Guild Member
Creative Director

No doubt I'll forget who has what role and the officialness of it being there beside each post is a reminder to the holder of that role, and the guild at large, of that member's special function.

Just a thought. But I do love the ranks diagram at HoD. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:27 am

Perhaps not, we won't have as many people and we'll all be bounty hunters and smugglers, so there isn't really a way (or a reason) why we should split ranks into two. I think Sureshot has stated already that he wants 1 1st Officer and 2 normal Officers. So, I think we already have a base structure...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:28 am

Yeah, that looks ace - nice and easy on the eye, efficient and just a little bit flash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:30 am

I also like that they have tonnes of Sith on one side and almost no soldiers at all on the left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:35 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Perhaps not, we won't have as many people and we'll all be bounty hunters and smugglers, so there isn't really a way (or a reason) why we should split ranks into two. I think Sureshot has stated already that he wants 1 1st Officer and 2 normal Officers. So, I think we already have a base structure...

Sorry Harl2, I didn't mean to copy their whole structure just to steal the idea of having a flow diagram. But now you've got me thinking about it, how they've represented their ranks split in two is well executed and easily transferable to us should our guild decide to encompass both factions (a route I know you dislike but is still an option being considered).
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:11 pm

*grumble grumble* Smile Actually, I'm fine with the idea as long as I can still communicate and roleplay with the other side... In which case, the flow diagram is a good idea, but we won't have many ranks to start with anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Why no "Cookie Officer"? Seems a little bias...
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Why no "Cookie Officer"? Seems a little bias...

Nice Jabba & Leia Sla
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:31 pm

Roleplay Director

Since I've had such a massive blast playing around with Dark Secrets and still have a head chock-full of ideas, I'd like to humbly put myself forward for this role.

In much the same way as Redwatch is Creative Director outside of being an Officer, I'd very much like to do the same thing with the Forum RP and later, the in-game RP. The way I read this position is helping Sureshot brainstorm and iron out ideas and plot-arcs as well as start and run many fun adventures for you lot pre and post launch.

Well, I well up for that if you guys will have me do it.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:01 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Roleplay Director

Since I've had such a massive blast playing around with Dark Secrets and still have a head chock-full of ideas, I'd like to humbly put myself forward for this role.

/vouch!

He's got my vote! (If that's worth anything)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm not sure how the role of Roleplay Director will function in-game but if LW's efforts on the play-by-post rps are anything to go by I recon he'd do the job justice. Some reasons being that he:

• Is one of (if not the) most active play-by-post roleplayer(s).
  • Has through PMs and chat successfully managed tricky integration of new characters into an established rp plot.
  • Has proven a personal interest in creative writing demonstrating a love of storytelling and narrative structure.
  • Possesses more than a passing familiarity with Star Wars expanded universe lore.

He also didn't mention at all he was going to nominate himself for the role or ask for any support from his friends. Well, at least from me, I can't really say for the rest of you! And that shows integrity.

So my vote would be "Aye".
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys! Appreciate that cheers

Probe Droid
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:27 am

I think Lunar has my vote aswell - Redwatch has said it all. I'd only add that Lunar is a nice guy IC and OOC (IC, as in, no power gaming etc.)
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 26, 2009 5:33 am

Well now that L-Dubz has got an officer position I'm very happy to say that the guild has a new Roleplay Director. Smile
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 26, 2009 5:41 am

Sureshot wrote:
Well now that L-Dubz has got an officer position I'm very happy to say that the guild has a new Roleplay Director. Smile

Da Da DaDaDaDaaaaaaa.

santa Congratz.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY EmptyTue May 26, 2009 5:46 am

Woohoo! Now, who'll be cookie officer? *looks suspiciously around*...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY   AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY Empty

Back to top Go down

AN OFFICERS RESPONSIBILTY
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: GUILD FORUMS :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: