The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Unimpressed EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Unimpressed EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Unimpressed EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Unimpressed EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Unimpressed EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Unimpressed EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Unimpressed EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Unimpressed EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Unimpressed EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Unimpressed Vote_b10Unimpressed Vote_b11Unimpressed Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Unimpressed Vote_b1065%Unimpressed Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Unimpressed Vote_b106%Unimpressed Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Unimpressed Vote_b1018%Unimpressed Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Unimpressed Vote_b100%Unimpressed Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Unimpressed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Unimpressed Empty
PostSubject: Unimpressed   Unimpressed EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 4:14 pm

I've just been checking the archives and I came across a chat that is completely unacceptable. Any racially offensive comment on this site, political or otherwise will NOT be tolerated, do I make myself clear? How do you think it looks to new recruits and people applying to join the guild? Not good at all. It goes against the site rules and if you look at them I have stated very clearly the following:

• No sexist, racist remarks or attacks on religious point of views will be tolerated. If this does occur then it will mean instant dismissal.

To say I'm disgusted is an understatement and I will be dealing with this next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

Unimpressed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimpressed   Unimpressed EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Yeah it was me. And yes i touched some socially unacceptable subjects in a form of a joke that seemed funny and understandable to all participants of the conversation... But then someone clearly more sensitive, morally superior and human then me stopped me and warned the "authorities" of my socially unacceptable behaviour!

I would like to thank the hero of the day for making me see the wrong of my ways and helping to stop my clearly offensive to everyone living, statements.

If it wasn't for the Moral Police stepping into the action this could be a dark day when someone gets actually offended on a internet forum. The consequences could be dire. We should all thank the masked stranger who stepped it and stopped it in the middle. Who knows.. If that continued we could end up making jokes not only about religion and political issues but even races, creeds and someone else's moms.

Jokes aside. I support and understand SS and accept his rules and promise to follow them to the letter. This is his place, his forum and i won't brake his rules as they seem healthy for the growth of a good community.
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Unimpressed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimpressed   Unimpressed EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm also far from innocent in this issue. I suppose I was just trying to become more comfortable with a member of the guild and I let my guard down, it won't happen again.

When it's just two people talking in the chat room I forget that it is displayed at the top of the page for all to see. Sincerely, I am sorry and it won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Unimpressed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimpressed   Unimpressed EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:15 am

Right now I've got a clear head I thought I'd take the opportunity to address this problem.

First off as you know anything like this is strictly against the forum rules. There are very good reasons why and as Aliendra said it, they're a neccessity for a the growth of a healthy community. People can say that everything was a 'joke' until they're blue in the face but it doesn't change the fact that it is still forbidden on these forums. What may seem funny to one person may come across as offensive to another and as it's the internet, people cannot tell when you're joking or not. You're welcome to talk about anything anywhere else but here there are rules and they must be obeyed. You may think I'm too strict but if I let things get out of hand then trust me, this guild will be trouble.

The other problem I can see is that the person that informed is getting blamed for it. I have stated that if any members have a problem then they are to come to me and I will sort it out. Again, this is also in the rules and although some may feel hard done by, I can assure you that I am fair and I listen to both sides of the argument. If these personal attacks continue though I will have to start removing people from the guild. Disruption is also against the rules and if it continues I will have no other choice but to take action. I'm not naive enough to think everyone will get along but at the same time, a guild is somewhere where everyone must work together. If we start having problems this early on I have to ask myself the question what would it be like when the game starts? I'm sure you can understand the position I'm in and respect it.

As for this incident, there will be some action taken but I do not feel I was clear enough in my rules and for that I apologise. From now on myself and Raiflaine will be keeping an eye on things more closely.

In the meantime I would like everyone to have a read of the site rules again just so they're fully aware of the code of conduct. If you can't stick to them then ask yourself why you're here in the first place because make no mistake, I won't stand for any crap.

In short, a guild is what you make it. Smile
Back to top Go down

Unimpressed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimpressed   Unimpressed EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 am

First let me assure both Sureshot and the rest of the guild that Aliendra and I have put aside our differences and come to an amicable agreement. Swapping messages last night with him was both necessary and in the end enjoyable for me and helped clear the air. We both appreciate the community spirit here too much to sully it with any sort of rivalry between us.

I’d like to make it clear that I’m not wearing any sort of ‘mask’ or hiding behind Sureshot’s skirts in this event. I witnessed activity on the forum which broke fundamental site rules and informed Sureshot of what had transpired. Something I’d expect any guild member to do.

Furthermore, I didn’t sneak about and whisper in people’s ears. Without Sureshot or Raiflaine there to intervene I stepped in at the time of the event to stop the offenders and was rebuffed. I didn’t run crying to Sureshot with my version of events, after my unsuccessful attempt at intervention I took and sent Sureshot screengrabs of the offensive material so he could make his own mind up on the subject. I also sent Aliendra a private message informing him that I had done so.

I have never nor will ever go behind a person’s back in any event. I hope that’s perfectly understood. Neither am I a humourless pariah judging people’s personal opinions as a scan through any of my posts will show you. I simply think, and most people will agree, that the chatbox is no place to air controversial views which some may find offensive. Do it somewhere else. That’s all.

This has been an unpleasant happening but I think all the parties involved, although I can only really speak for myself, have come out with a better understanding of each other and a determination not rock the boat again in future.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Unimpressed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimpressed   Unimpressed EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 10:03 am

Well I think it's safe to say that everyone here including myself has learnt a lesson, and this can be avoided in the future. I'm sorry to have given out warnings to people but I'm sure you all understand that I must set an example for everyone in the guild. I don't show favourtism in anyway and if people feel they do have a problem with my actions. then you're more than welcome to speak with me about it. I think you'll find that I'm pretty rational and not the dragon that everyone expects!!! Laughing

Anyway I'm glad to see that everything has been sorted out in a mature manner and I think it's best if we all just put this behind us now. Think of all the time we're wasting when we could be roleplaying!! lol

Thanks again guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unimpressed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimpressed   Unimpressed Empty

Back to top Go down

Unimpressed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: GUILD FORUMS :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: