The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b10Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b11Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b10Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b11Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b1065%Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b106%Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b1018%Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b106%Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b100%Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Empty
PostSubject: Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds   Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:10 am

Well I've said it many times but here's some actual proof that we're not the only ones suffering from member inactivity.

One bit in particular that really caught my attention that I agree with is here:

AcerLerxt wrote:

--realize that cutting someone who's inactive is an improvement over keeping them, and move on.

Am I alone in thinking this is the best way to handle inactive members? I'm fully aware of who the main contributors to our guild are and to those few I salute you, but I do have to wonder why the inactive members would join a guild that specifically states that they require high activity? Sure, I understand that there isn't a game out which is frustrating, and I'm sure that once the games hype comes back in full force on release day that we'll be seeing people flocking to grab a place here at E.P.O.C.H but still I like using this time to prepare and get to know everyone I'll no doubt be spending hours of gameplay with.

Ah well it just goes to show we're not actually doing anything wrong and it is a worldwide community problem. What can you do?! Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds   Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Sureshot wrote:
Am I alone in thinking this is the best way to handle inactive members?
No, you're not... but my point of view is well known...
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds   Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Dzierzynski

Feliks Dzierżyński and 12393 other likes it!

I'm 100% on board. This way you can keep fresh blood circulate and keep the active RP players in E.P.O.C.H.

Back to top Go down
Kleti
The Praxeum
The Praxeum
Kleti

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds   Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:53 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Inactive ones get shot and spaced.

I support this Twisted Evil idea...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds   Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:57 am

Dy wrote:
Lunarwolf wrote:
Inactive ones get shot and spaced.

I support this Twisted Evil idea...

Haha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds   Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:05 pm

tbh i would like to see the inactivety rules extended to roleplay as well for a rp guild to be a forum on misc youtube events isn't enough for me Razz i know people are busy ( tbh i'm getting tired of making excuses for others xD but i don't want to rock the boat ) but i don't think its that hard to post on a rp every so often even just stirring up hyp every so often would be nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds   Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds Empty

Back to top Go down

Inactivity: The Bane of Pre-Release Guilds
Page 1 of 1