The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b10Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b11Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b10Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b11Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b1065%Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b106%Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b1018%Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b100%Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Empty
PostSubject: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Please ask all your questions in this thread!

For Example, Soude asked the following:

Soude wrote:
Can a jedi have no force power?
Answer: Yes, if they wish. By not putting Ranks in the "Use The Force" skill, Jedi (or Sith for that matter) cannot use Force Powers.

Soude wrote:
can a non-jedi use LS?

Answer: Yes, just not as well. Anyone can weild a lightsaber, but must be Trained to use the specific Lightsaber Styles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:56 pm

To clearify the answer about LS and non-jedis:
Can a non-jedi choose LS as a major or average skill, or is it minor skill only?
Can a non-jedi choose the lightsaber training feat?
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Suiadan
Agent
Agent
Suiadan

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:06 pm

How do you determine amount of credits a character begins with, does the player roll themselves or does an admin roll for that player?

Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:45 pm

Soude wrote:
To clearify the answer about LS and non-jedis:
Can a non-jedi choose LS as a major or average skill, or is it minor skill only?
Can a non-jedi choose the lightsaber training feat?

A#1: Sorry Soude I misunderstood your original question. Yes anyone can use Lightsabers, including Droids as a connection with the Force is not required to use them. Non-jedi/Sith can use them if they get the skill (Think Grievious or Cad Bane..) but from a story perspective if they know Lightsaber forms it would make sense that a Jedi or Sith would have taught them.
It should be noted that while anyone can use a lightsaber, the knowledge of how to make one is restricted to Force Users. So if a non-Force User has a Lightsaber, it was either made for them by a FU, given to them - or stolen.

A NOTE ABOUT NOBLES: The Noble class has a very limited selection of Feats at level 1, but gain more skills as a trade-off. Lightsaber Training is NOT among the choices they can have for level 1, however they can pick it at level 3 or level 5 if they wish.

EDIT: I noticed that the non-Force User Classes have this written under their Starting Feats:

"[Class] get [Amount] Feats at level 1 and can select any (Except Force Training, Lightsaber Training & Strong in the Force) so long as they meet the requirements."

This is a mistake on my part, so thanks for bringing this to my attention Soude. It has been corrected to read:

"[Class] get [Amount] at level 1 and can select any (Except Force Training
& Strong in the Force) so long as they meet the requirements."

A2: Yes, so long as your character has the Lightsaber Skill.

Suiadan wrote:
How do you determine amount of credits a character begins with, does the player roll themselves or does an admin roll for that player?

A: Normally a player would roll the amount of dice indicated under their Class Description on the dice roller. However, seeing as the Dice Roller is not yet live, all Beta Characters start at level 1 with the maximum amount of Credits. For example, a Bounty Hunter rolls 6d4x1000 (roll six 4-sided dice and times the amount by 1000), so a Beta Bounty Hunter begins play with 24,000c.
Back to top Go down
Suiadan
Agent
Agent
Suiadan

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:22 am

Would i be right in assuming that the armoured sith robes that a sith warrior begins with are the Lord (Sith) / Knight ((Jedi) Robes: (Light Armour)
GAME INFO: +6 REF Def / +1 FORT Def, adds +1 to Melee Skill, x1 upgrade port
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 am

Suiadan wrote:
Would i be right in assuming that the armoured sith robes that a sith warrior begins with are the Lord (Sith) / Knight ((Jedi) Robes: (Light Armour)
GAME INFO: +6 REF Def / +1 FORT Def, adds +1 to Melee Skill, x1 upgrade port

Yep, they are - I've updated the Class section accordingly, thanks for pointing it out.

Knights/Warriors start with the slightly heavier armour and Consulars/Inqusitors start with unarmoured robes (same stats as the Apprentice Robes)

Of course, if you happen to get the Heavy Armour skill and can afford the Battle Armour..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:30 am

When outfitting weapons, how do we know which are light/medium/heavy (with the obvious exception for ones that are specifically labelled heavy)?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:52 am

Smudge wrote:
When outfitting weapons, how do we know which are light/medium/heavy (with the obvious exception for ones that are specifically labelled heavy)?

Ignore the part saying light/medium/heavy (that is a throw-over from the original RPG, I was meant to take that out and forgot Razz - I'll fix that later tonight).

Basically if it says, for example "1 medium pistol of choice" just read it as "1 pistol of choice" - so long as you have the appropriate skill, you can use the weapon:

Pistols skill allows use of all pistols, Rifle skill allows the use of all rifles etc...
In the same context Heavy Weapons skill allows you to use all weapons.

Actually you can use any weapon, you just suffer a penalty if you use one you don't have the skill for - for example a smuggler could pick up a Heavy Repeater and could still shoot with it - hell they may even hit something! - but a Trooper picking up the same weapon is far better with it!

So yeah, ignore the "light/medium" part - I'll sort that out later this evening.

Thanks for spotting it Smile
Back to top Go down
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:00 am

Okay cool, thanks mate. I've done a character sheet for a freelancing mercenary to use for beta. Check it out on my profile and see if I missed anything, but I'm pretty sure I nailed the important parts.

Edit: Couldn't get pictures to work.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:22 am

Smudge wrote:
Okay cool, thanks mate. I've done a character sheet for a freelancing mercenary to use for beta. Check it out on my profile and see if I missed anything, but I'm pretty sure I nailed the important parts.

Edit: Couldn't get pictures to work.

A Trandoshan Bounty Hunter? RUN! ITS BOSSK!!

Phwor! look at the HP on that Razz

PS: I could never get the pics to work either :S

EDIT: I'll check him over with a fine-tooth comb before we start anything Smile
Back to top Go down
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:43 am

Just realised I've given him 3 minor skills at rank 3 rather than 8 minor skills at rank 3. Will correct it later Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:14 pm

BTW how is everyone finding the Character Sheet to work with? Any problems filling in boxes or anything?
Back to top Go down
Suiadan
Agent
Agent
Suiadan

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 pm

seems fairly straight forward, the main difficulty is choosing all the skills and traits, so many to choose from lol
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:25 pm

If it makes you feel any better, no matter how long it took you to read them it took me three times as long to write them Smile
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Suiadan wrote:
seems fairly straight forward, the main difficulty is choosing all the skills and traits, so many to choose from lol
With my 16 skills as human nobles, I'm having hard time finding skills to fit in...
Anyway, I'll roll a Sith looooord for the beta testing...
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Soude wrote:

With my 16 skills as human nobles, I'm having hard time finding skills to fit in...

I can always add more skills Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:58 am

just had a question about the sheet since it only shows 1 weapon slot should we just put other weapons and the armor mods in the equipment section? (thats what i did xP) and also for the starting equipment i'm just assuming its free or should we deduct it from our money. Plus since dy pjk and i did a mission for prax we've all recieved 200,000 credits should we add that or just keep it seperate for the time being. Not sure if other had money from previous things that would balance it out or if you would be assuming everyone had x amount of money at the start and wouldn't plan on people that had items worth of 200k
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:06 am

Randomfest wrote:
just had a question about the sheet since it only shows 1 weapon slot should we just put other weapons and the armor mods in the equipment section? (thats what i did xP)

Yep - quite right:

Dynamic RP: Character Sheet wrote:
17. Main Weapon

This is where you record your Weapon. It only shows your 'main' weapon that you use most of the time, if you own more than one, record the others in the Equipment section.

Randomfest wrote:

and also for the starting equipment i'm just assuming its free or should we deduct it from our money. Plus since dy pjk and i did a mission for prax we've all recieved 200,000 credits should we add that or just keep it seperate for the time being. Not sure if other had money from previous things that would balance it out or if you would be assuming everyone had x amount of money at the start and wouldn't plan on people that had items worth of 200k

Yep the starting equipment is completely free and seperate from what you spend your starting credits on.

I would recommend making a new character for the Beta run because any money made in any other games (such as Prax) won't carry over, plus these character will be deleted once D-RP comes out of Beta.
Don't forget that your Beta Characters begin with MAXIMUM Starting Credits at level 1 though - so 1d4x1000 = 4000c
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 am

oh cool i can make a fu then :O muahahaha
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:53 pm

miss all the bh skills but think i've got it done ^^ just about the skill upgrading feats i marked them as the skills upgraded but just put them into their new spot (eg minor up is now in avg and avg ups are in mastery spots) lol sorry if you've gone over it before i usually just do it ask whats wrong and fix it xP
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:49 am

Added in a few more questions from Chatting with Dy:

Dy in Steam wrote:
Can you have more than one class? like a Jedi Noble?

Answer:

Currently, no - you can only be one class. However, when you reach level 2 you can choose to become a level 1 Noble instead of a level 2 Jedi.....

Dy in Steam wrote:
Why are there no clothes in outfitting, only armour?

Answer:

Simply because I ran out of time. They may be added in later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:16 pm

dice roller doesn't seem to be working for me =x or will it just be active when we start the drp?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:32 pm

When you left-click on the "Click to Activate" button what should happen is the page you are on will be replaced with the Dice Roller.

If it doesn't do that (and I have no idea why it doesn't, I'm not that savvy with that kind of thing), can I suggest instead that you follow This Link to the Dice Roller and then bookmark the page for later use.

I'll look into this further...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.   Dynamic RP: F.A.Q. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dynamic RP: F.A.Q.
Page 1 of 1