The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b1065%E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b1018%E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b100%E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites

Go down 
+2
Commander Nord
Sureshot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Empty
PostSubject: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Just recieved the following from Yospeck:

Yospeck wrote:
Congratulations!

After a painstaking trawl through the 40 nominated websites for the 'Best Guild Website Award 2010!' you have made it down to the final 25. Kudos.

The next step will put all 25 finalists into a public poll for their website to be voted on by the rest of the Guild Hall community. The votes will then be screened to ensure no poll fixing has occurred and I will announce the final winner myself.

So what do you need to do from here?

We would like to give each guild a chance to promote their websites features and tell us a little more about why your Website deserves to be number one. This isn't a recruitment spiel where you tell us about the guild, the 'Award' is solely for the technical and aesthetics of your website, so a paragraph or two or a list of bullet points will suffice (don't feel the need to go too over the top though). Nominees will have until the end of next week to forward me their guild details, after that they will simply be added to the list without any information other than a link to their site.

So once again, congratulations on getting through as a finalist of this most esteemed and prestigious award!

I have to say I'm kinda miffed as to why it's solely based on technical and aesthetics only as I think many websites hold a lot more interesting things such as content, but ah well.

So lets put our thinking caps on here and give us your favourite reasons why this is our home. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:38 pm

nice, it may be at over website is simple and easy to use
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:21 am

Yospeck wrote:
We would like to give each guild a chance to promote their websites features and tell us a little more about why your Website deserves to be number one.
Cause we're EPOCH and we r0xx? Is that not enough of a reason and more important can we blackmail votants? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:55 am

Asthetics?

Well I'd got with LW and his mad DAZ3D skills, and obviously Harewood designed the site (I think) so he deserves credit, I think just the joint contributions from the guildies has made the site great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:51 am

More seriously, here are points I would underline.

1. Simple and efficient forum
2. With a strongly united guild that is as active as it could be without the actual game in our dirty hands. Razz
3. The forum shows the guild as it is: a bunch of friends from all over the world gathered here to wait together for the game release. (not sure if that argument will make the forum stand aside from all the others.
4. PJK's awesome homepage.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 am

So far I'm thinking of going with this (feel free to add):

1. Simple and easy-to-use forum with high amounts of activity.

2. Hand designed flash player for the front page.

3. Fully customized buttons created from scratch.

4. Useful widgets including various timezone clocks, recruitment updates, links and a flash player containing a wide variety of Star Wars themes.

5. Users own personal picture galleries should they wish to make one.

Obviously I'm not good with the technicalities so any help would be great. Smile

Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:31 am

Its only on technical details? hmmm..... that sells the best part of our site short - the Community and the user-created media.

The RP, Stories and Art are all pretty awesome in this place; and we can't big that up? That's harsh.

I'll put me thinking cap on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:54 am

Yeah! I suspect they don't want to favour the RP forums with a big lore. PvP guilds probably don't have as much to fill their forum as we do. That's a shame since it would highlight our forum.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:21 am

I don't think there's any reason why we can't include L-Dubz's RP floor plans that help visualize the area we're in though is there? Is it an 'aesthetic' after all. Wink

EDIT: Just thought on another one.

6. An intergrated chatbox with easy to use commands.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:29 am

LOL my floor-plans are a wee bit basic, but if you want to....
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:42 am

Oooh! Top 25! Very Happy Good job gang! How about:

7. A Currently Recruiting Widget that tells newcomers the classes and spots open to them.

8. Links on the homepage to all important areas of the guild.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:45 am

Righty-o guys the poll is now up for best guild websites and we've already got 8 votes! Very Happy

Before I post the link to the poll I would like to remind everyone in the guild.....

DO NOT VOTE FOR OUR GUILD IN THE POLL!

If you vote for our guild in the poll we will be automatically disquailified.

To head to the poll and leave your vote please click here.

Personally I voted for our good allies Hands of Darkness as I've noticed that a few of them have given us a nod. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 am

Double post incoming..........

Thanks for the HoD vote Tando! It seems the majority of the votes we've recieved are coming from their camp. Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Voted for HoD Smile Have no idea where Jensaari and Exodus are getting their votes from. I couldn't even see the Jensaari and the Exodus website is basically a cookie-cutter forum provider site. I see a lot of people with 9 like us though.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 pm

LOL! Both us and HoD have been naughty apparently!!!

YoSpeck wrote:

Guys, I'm sending this message privately as opposed to making a public deal about it as I respect both of you and your guilds. However, having gone through the results of the Best Website poll today it has become glaringly obvious that both Agents of the Epoch and Hands of Darkness have had some sort of mutual agreement to vote for each others websites.

I dont believe there were any sinister intentions behind it, and yes I suppose that in the literal sense neither of your guilds have broken the rules as you have not voted for your own guilds. However, the rules were made to stop popularity votes skewing the the final result. The sheer number of your guildmembers that have voted for the others guild site (the bulk of your 'valid' votes are made up of each others members), combined with the fact that you have your private cross-faction RP and OOC/IC relationship, suggests that many of the votes (regardless of any possible true intentions) have had a seemingly different agenda, which looks more like a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" and not independent voting.

To me it just seems like unfair play.

Due to this I'm going to be discounting any Hands of Darkness members vote that have voted for Agents of Epoch, and vice versa. Out of respect for your guilds I'm not going to flag this up in my results, but this is me explaining now why your final results will not reflect your poll votes.

If you think that my reasoning is unfair then you are free to bring it up in the results thread and see what other people think, but honestly I don't think folk will look at it particularly favourably.

Regards,
YoSpeck

Well what did he expect from a bunch of Sith and a group of Mercs?

lol!

I'm actually surprised that some people take this seriously!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:41 pm

He is taking it very seriously actually and he's gained a level of respect in my books for doing that. Although I'm annoyed that my result had been discounted (the HoD's website is pretty stunning and I'd probably have given it to them anyway), it is fair play to do what he's just done. What I'm surprised about is that he's not making a meal out of it publically.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Because he's an outsider to our inter-guild relations and Alliance I can see why it would look that way but honestly, does he really think he set we set up a 'mutual agreement' to vote for each other?

Is it not more likely (and in this case actually true) that we voted for a site we've seen grow from nothing to the interwebz giant it is now, being fully aware that the design, re-design and in fact re-design again of the website was a big part of that?

In my eyes at least thats why I voted for HoD as the best guild. That and the fact we were'nt allowed to vote for ourselves.

I hope you replied with something akin to the fact that we do not influence our memberss votes and that if we all voted for HoD it was because we had a damn good reason? If not, I'll do it!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:24 am

I feel so dirty lol

Ah well at least he didn't disqualify us !
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:16 am

Quite honestly I voted HoD because that was the only name I knew and I was too lazy to browse through all the website. So in the theory I'd plead guilty of voting for politics not for the best website.

On second though, I've registered on the HoD website last week and I found it awesome... So even if I voted for 'the wrong reason' I'm pleased with my vote anyway ^^' .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites   E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites Empty

Back to top Go down

E.P.O.C.H Through To The Top 25 Guildsites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: GUILD FORUMS :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: