The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
TOR Info So Far... EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
TOR Info So Far... EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
TOR Info So Far... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
TOR Info So Far... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
TOR Info So Far... EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
TOR Info So Far... EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
TOR Info So Far... EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
TOR Info So Far... EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
TOR Info So Far... EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
TOR Info So Far... Vote_b10TOR Info So Far... Vote_b11TOR Info So Far... Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
TOR Info So Far... Vote_b10TOR Info So Far... Vote_b11TOR Info So Far... Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
TOR Info So Far... Vote_b1065%TOR Info So Far... Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
TOR Info So Far... Vote_b106%TOR Info So Far... Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
TOR Info So Far... Vote_b1018%TOR Info So Far... Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
TOR Info So Far... Vote_b100%TOR Info So Far... Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

TOR Info So Far...

Go down 
+2
Commander Nord
Lunarwolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 am

I found the following thread over at SWTOR.com and while there are many of these floating about, I found this one easy to navigate and ingest all the info at once.

Seeing as it is being constantly updated, I figured it would make sense to put a link here so we can discuss at our own pace:

'TheDarkKnight's Info Thread

From Expo and other sources:

* SPECIES Update: Rattataki, Twi'lek, Chiss, Sith, Zabrak, Mirialan, Miraluka & ofc Human confirmed.
* STARSHIPS: Confirmed, customizable, possibly a type of player housing. Definately 1 type per class, hopefully more.
* PVP Warzones: Confirmed, first will be based on Alderaan.

From DarthHater.com

* When you die, you resurrect outside a small med center building in proximity to your bind station. You spawn with all equipment in hand -- no corpse run necessary.
* Blaine Christine specifically mentioned PvP acquired armor sets in his presentation.
* The group size in our demo was four players.
* You acquire new skills through class trainers in the main quest hubs.
* Class trainers are labeled "Elite."
* Side quests did not seem to be class restricted.
* You cannot initiate quest dialog if a nearby party member is in combat.
* Certain quest givers may be contacted via HoloCom, which works the same as a normal cutscene.
* A trade command and Lobby chat channel are available, but upon activating them we received a message that said "This function is not yet implemented."
* Chiss and Human characters both had a /dance action available, and the dance was identical for both males and females.
* Multiplayer dialog system allowes each player to choose their own response, and an automatic dice roll decides the winning choice.
* If you are in a group and initiate a quest dialog, the other members in your group have two minutes to reach the conversation point. If they don't make it, you have the option to start the conversation without your groupmates.
* For non-instanced quest givers, the NPC doesn't move around much. Instanced quest givers tended to have elaborate cut scenes where they interact with the environment.
* Mobs have a leash radius, and some did manage to evade us.
* If you right click on an inventory item with a vendor trade window open, the item is sold. Values are in single credits with no fractional amounts.
* Auto-run is available.
* The taxi system was similar to World of Warcraft's gryphons. You pay a small fee and are transported from Station A to Station B.
* The character creation screen was very similar to Dragon Age: Origins
* The aggro indicator is blue when there is no aggro, yellow they are aware of you (mouseover status says "ALERTED") but not engaged, and red indicates in combat. The ranges for this varied depending on the type of mob.
* For completing quests, you sometimes received items, money, alignment points, and experience points, or any combination therein.
* For completing quests in a group, you received "Social Points." We don't know their purpose.
* If a quest is instanced you enter a green portal. If you aren't eligible for the quest, the entrance is red.
* All classes have a "Revive" ability, a 5s cast time, 10m range, no cooldown ability which can be used on a player or companion. The tooltip did not indicate if the ability is restricted to out of combat use.
* You can inspect the gear of other players in your group from any distance, even if they're on a different planet.
* You can inspect the gear of all other players in visual proximity. We don't know the maximum range of this.
* In our groups the loot rules were "Round Robin" without a dice-rolling mechanic, and the credits looted were split equally among players in the group that were in proximity.
* Loot was appropriate for what the mob would carry, such as a droid carrying a gun drops a gun (and often seemingly useless spare parts).
* Personal Ships are described as a "base of operations" for the classes, groups, and companions.
* Companions are seen in the "hanger," similar to the way that they are in the Mass Effect and KoTOR series.
* A Dashade Companion and Human (looks like one of the lightly armored trooper concept art images) are seen in the background during the presentation.
* Flytext seen during the gamplay hands on, works like scrolling combat text but more in the way of Borderlands where damage numbers pop out in different directions around the enemy as you damage them as well as yourself.
* Preferences allowed for the customization of Flytext in similar ways of Scrolling Combat Text.
* Preferences allowed for the adding of action bars, similar to the way they are added in the World of Warcraft default UI.

Last edited by Lunarwolf on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:09 am

I found that tread in march or april last year and its the best link of that type online
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:18 am

Yeah I found it before too but completely forgot to link it for some reason (I was probably distracted).

Still, if anyone can find an even more comprehensive guide please let me know.
Back to top Go down

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 am

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that page - good to be reminded! Having a place to quickly reference this stuff is very handy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:45 am

Quote: The players will have the option of creating non-human player characters sounds like what they did in STO, I hate reading these as I want to play the game NOW Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:16 am

That's a pretty good link, lots of up to date stuff. I've added that to my bookmarks, cheers Lunarwolf.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:46 am

O.P. Updated to include new details as of 08:30 AM, 15.06.2010.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:23 am

I thought we already had a thread set up for E3 news and we were only having one..... Sad
Why do you undermine me at every....Space ships!!!! *runs off to the thread*
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:27 am

Space ships... Guild base as capital starships maybe? Space station? I just hope we'll get a decent space thing by the release or in a further future...
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:23 am

PrioryJK wrote:
I thought we already had a thread set up for E3 news and we were only having one..... Sad

Lol this thread has been around since April 19th, I'm just updating it Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:16 am

16.06.10 @ 19:15 - more stuff added from Darth Hater this time.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 am

O.P. Updated with new races ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TOR Info So Far... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOR Info So Far...   TOR Info So Far... Empty

Back to top Go down

TOR Info So Far...
Page 1 of 1