The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Taris Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Taris Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Taris Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Taris Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Taris Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Taris Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Taris Discussion Thread EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Taris Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Taris Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b10Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b11Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b10Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b11Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b1065%Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b106%Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b1018%Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b100%Taris Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Taris Discussion Thread

Go down 
+4
Commander Nord
BluePhoenix
Sureshot
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Taris Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 am

Well I for one are happy to see the return of Taris, so use this thread as the place to discuss the latest update. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
BluePhoenix
Registered
Registered
BluePhoenix

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:20 pm

I wonder who read bout my character?

... Cause I wrote that he is from Taris (the old days, befor the bombing)... witch errrr... means that he is more than 200 years (a bit old for a human IA xD ). hahaha

Just watching the movie.... So Rebels wan to rebuild Taris, Empire dont, so that means that we will have lost of PVP quests (as shown in erlyer movies) there... Huray cheers (I hope IA is a good assassins as other sneaky chars in other games Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Varoll_Tavik
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:20 am

Taris will be an absolute stunner I think! I loved the planet in the original KOTOR and just went around everywhere I possibly could go before I carried on with the main story. It'll be very cool to see it post-apocalypse and I can guarantee you I'll be spending quite a lot of time there!
Back to top Go down
BluePhoenix
Registered
Registered
BluePhoenix

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:33 am

Only thing I liked in taris hmm, the lawless lowever lvl's and the arena fights.... But in global didnt like it... Cant wait to see it ruined! (evil laugh) muhahaa
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Varoll_Tavik
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 am

I think taris is my favorite planet after the last video
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:57 am

Taris doesnt really do much for me, neither do the zombie things :p
Getting mobbed by fast moving melle classes in MMOs is not fun so why put it in Question
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:33 am

Personally I'm glad they did! I like Rakghouls, I think they're fun!

Plus you want some variety in mmo's; I should think your melee classes (i.e: Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight) would be glad to see some melee characters who dont just pick them off from a sniper scope from miles away Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Registered
Registered

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:53 pm

I'm really hoping they stick in a good system for PVP in TOR so we don't end up having the same imbalance as many other MMO's.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 am

36809 wrote:
I'm really hoping they stick in a good system for PVP in TOR so we don't end up having the same imbalance as many other MMO's.
Well it'll be a multifaction world considering it had a Sith inquisitor on all the developers moniters, so there should be some PvP.
I was only ever a rogue in WoW but I remember how inbalenced it was, I think every class had more healing talents or movement reduction spells then we did and our skills like disapearer took 5 min cooldowns >.<
From an earlier vid they mentioned they've designed the classes but not figured out how they interact within PvP which seemed a bit odd to say the least Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:23 am

PrioryJK wrote:

From an earlier vid they mentioned they've designed the classes but not figured out how they interact within PvP which seemed a bit odd to say the least Razz

Not that odd really when you consider that they are pushing the "story" element of the game. Don't get me wrong, I think there will PvP in the game (while I might hate it with a passion its proven successful in mmo's), and you might even find an entire server dedicated to it, but its not a new concept, its a "done deal" so to speak.

Chances are BW are just focussing on getting the new stuff correct before they move on to more established parts of mmos like pvp and crafting.
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
I think there will PvP in the game (while I might hate it with a passion its proven successful in mmo's), and you might even find an entire server dedicated to it, but its not a new concept, its a "done deal" so to speak.

I'll join the club there LW. I've never been a huge fan of PvP (unless I'm wining! Mad) and it's always been a lower priority part of a game you only comitt to if you're bored or have no other way to gain the things you want. In WoW's recent years Honor has been an incredibly easy way to gain purple items and well that was the only real reason I dedicated myself to it (I wasn't any good at it however). PvP will most certainly be introduced in TOR or Bioware would be pulling a middle finger to a large part of the gaming community. How they incorporate it though will certainly be intriguing to hear about!

I'm hoping, if they decide to create a similar PvP system to other games, that they allow the player a choice if he wants to comitt to PvP and make it possible for him to play on a server you will not be disturbed by purple-item-hungry roleplay haters (Believe me, I know the feeling. I've got several friends whom are only outdoor PvP'ing to ruin peoples time in RP.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:40 am

Maybe there should be a separate PvP thread for this discussion?

I personally hope that they separate out the hardcore PvPers to a dedicated server and have 'lawless' PvP zones for realistic casual encounters for us PvEers/RPers. That or if we're lumped in together, make any gains (exp, tickets) very low in value so that it discourages power levelers from farming casual PvPers. Making the rare items attainable only through crafting would help in that regard too.
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Harewood wrote:

I'd love to create one but I must admit I can't be bothered to amass the information already present. Anyone care to take up the project?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:33 pm

36809 wrote:
Harewood wrote:

I'd love to create one but I must admit I can't be bothered to amass the information already present. Anyone care to take up the project?

Sorry, that was mainly hinting at the guild leadership (SS, LW & PJK) all three of whom have admin and thread mod rights to cut and paste the PvP stuff onto a new thread. But y'know what? If they're cool with straying off-topic; it's their foum! Innocent
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Harewood wrote:
36809 wrote:
Harewood wrote:

Sorry, that was mainly hinting at the guild leadership (SS, LW & PJK) all three of whom have admin and thread mod rights to cut and paste the PvP stuff onto a new thread. But y'know what? If they're cool with straying off-topic; it's their foum! Innocent

Its like a ghost from Christmas past Razz
*hispering in a eerie voice*
"...ooOOoofff......TtttoooOOPPiiiCC....WoooOOOOooo"

I would move it but as people are discussing it here I dont want to potentially kill any convo by moving it Smile

As for taris I still cant why its their favorite or one of there favs, it just looks like a swamp .....in fact..it is !
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 pm

The Old Republic Holonet wrote:
Taris is a post-apocalyptic swamp, abandoned but not forgotten by the greater galaxy for three centuries. Until recently, only overgrown ruins bore testimony to the thriving civilization that once dominated the surface – a civilization annihilated by the Sith Lord Darth Malak while seeking to eliminate the Jedi Knight Bastila Shan.

As a symbol of hope and redemption in the face of Sith atrocities, the Republic has begun an unlikely effort to re-colonize Taris, establishing a spaceport, military base and the beginning of settlements amid the ruins. The remnants of the once great city-world have proven to be far more treacherous than anyone expected, though, and many believe the effort to reclaim Taris is doomed to end in disaster. One thing is certain – cleaning up what the Sith destroyed isn’t nearly as perilous as facing what they didn’t.

Deep in the dark swampy ruins lies the legacy of a centuries old plague, once confined to Taris’ demolished Undercity. Bands of horrific rakghouls – abominations created by Sith alchemy – ravage the planet’s surface. Each vicious attack carries the chance of transforming the victim into a diseased monstrosity. There are scattered reports that some of these rakghouls are evolving bizarre, freakish powers.

Determined to overcome the challenges, Republic and Jedi leaders are moving forward with the efforts at colonization. Rebuilding what the Sith destroyed 300 years ago would be a monumental symbolic victory, showing the galaxy that the Sith are not to be feared. But the Empire has no intention of allowing such a significant achievement.

The Old Republic Newsfeed wrote:
Once home to a sprawling planet-wide city, Taris was razed long ago by the Sith Lord Darth Malak while seeking to eliminate the Jedi Knight Bastila Shan. Now, a post-apocalyptic Taris is being realized in Star Wars™️: The Old Republic™️. After 300 years, Republic and Jedi leaders are moving forward with the efforts at colonization.

Watch insights from James Ohlen, Drew Karpyshyn, Scott Carpenter, and Mark How about the new environments – and adventures – awaiting players in our latest Developer Dispatch: Returning to Taris!

Video was realeased yesterday. Don't know if you've seen it but I find it very cool and it makes me want to explore Taris right now! bounce

The Trooper footage just knocked me back! Absolutely awesome. The screen behind the developer with the running game was such a teaser, you just want to get in there and play it!

I very much enjoy hearing about the Rak'ghuls and the significance of Taris! Another great video.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 am

woops I should have put this in the updates sectiopn Razz
*runs off to do it*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 am

[quote="PrioryJK"][quote="Harewood"]
36809 wrote:
Harewood wrote:
Its like a ghost from Christmas past Razz
*hispering in a eerie voice*
"...ooOOoofff......TtttoooOOPPiiiCC....WoooOOOOooo"

I would move it but as people are discussing it here I dont want to potentially kill any convo by moving it Smile
Haha! That made me lol. Smile

I shudder to think how relaxed and peaceful the guild forums must be these days... Razz
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Personally I'm glad they did! I like Rakghouls, I think they're fun!

Trust me you need to find yourself something else instead 'o spice! drunken

However...Taris on a personal note i think it's great that they put it in, i want to see with my own eyes what the Sith unleashed on that planet!

Just don't shoot me while i explore the ruins will ya?!
Back to top Go down
http://owl68.hyves.nl
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:54 am

Harewood wrote:

Glad it's noticed!

I'm quite happy with it staying here but if you guys would like a seperate thread I will start one for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Sureshot wrote:
Harewood wrote:

Glad it's noticed!
Glad what's noticed? I don't follow... confused
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:09 am

Harewood wrote:
Sureshot wrote:
Harewood wrote:

Glad it's noticed!
Glad what's noticed? I don't follow... confused

He's malfunctioning again! *cracks open SS's skull and fiddles*
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:11 am

Sureshot means "glad its noticed that we have THE POWER!" [Insert evil laugh here]

(see? my telepathic powers are still intact ^^)
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:59 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Sureshot means "glad its noticed that we have THE POWER!" [Insert evil laugh here]

(see? my telepathic powers are still intact ^^)

BINGO! Telepathy owns.
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Is that were we have to bow to the three of you and say something stupid like "What is thy bidding, my masters?"
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taris Discussion Thread   Taris Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Taris Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next