Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b10Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b11Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b10Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b11Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b1065%Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b106%Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b1018%Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b100%Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Dynamic Roleplay

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Dynamic RP?
Yes, I would be interested in Dynamic RP with combat, skill-checks and character development.
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b1079%Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12
 79% [ 11 ]
No, I am quite happy with the Story RP we have going on at E.P.O.C.H.
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b1014%Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12
 14% [ 2 ]
Perhaps, I am undecided and would like to know more.
Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b107%Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Vote_b12
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 am

Quick update for ye:

# of Species
(final at game creation): is now 40, not 38 (more will come later)

Classes: There are 9 classes available, some restricted by species - Droids cannot be force-users for example. (General Greivous was a cyborg before anyone mentions him!)

Elite Classes: There are 8 elite classes available, though you need to work up to these.

Statistics: There are 6 statistics, 3 Physical and 3 mental. They range from 1 to 5, 5 being heighest.

Skills: There are many skills to choose from, ranging in ability from 0 to 5. 0 is untrained, 5 is a master in that skill.

Talents, Force Powers and Upgrades: Talents are "knacks" or special abilites that people know and are open to all classes (Droids have limited access to Talents however and Force Users will have less because they need to spend points on Force Powers as well.) Force Powers are what you expect, Powers accessable only to those with Force Sensitivity. Lastly Upgrades are Droid-only special abilities, though these may be open to Cyborgs in later rules expansions (Cyborgs are not available at start of play)

Character Creation: is based on a point-based distribution, you "choose" how you want your character to be.

More to follow!

Sharasvar
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Sharasvar

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:08 am

Are you using a d20 system? What's the relation between stats & skills (direct or indirect modifier etc)? Or am I too curious now? :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thesitharipath.guildportal.com
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 am

I don't mind curiousity Sharasvar!

As it happens, no I'm not using the d20 system. Although I'm very familiar with it (and a big fan I might add) I've decided to go for a similar, but streamlined system.

I've taken as much from the SW:SE stuff as I can without horribly plagerizing it, but have taken a lot out that would slow a forum rp.

I don't want to give away too much until it is completelted but it runs on a very similar system to SW:SE at its core, so that players who know that system will find it familiar but players new to it won't find it too confusing.

Skills are directly connected to statistics, and in the same way as SW:SE you add your skill rating to your statistic. Once you have that number you roll a die and add it all up. If that is equal or higher than the Target Number (TN) assigned by the GM, your character succeeds in his or her task.

Of course there are other modifiers, both situational and player-controlled, but that is the game mechanic at its core.

EDIT:

For example, the Rodian Bounty Hunter Nikrit is attempting to blast an Imperial Trooper chasing him through the streets of Coruscant. As the trooper comes around the corner he is utterly exposed with no cover the hide behind. Unfortunately for the tropper Nikrit is waiting for him.

The GM states the TN to hit the trooper is 10, so this is what Nikrit needs to get to hit him.

Nikrit has a score of 3 (out of 5) in the Blaster skill. That skill is linked to the DEX (dexterity) Statistic, and Nikrit has 3 DEX.

Adding those points together gives Nikrit a score of 6.

Nikrit needs to roll a 4 or more (6+4 to reach TN of 10) to hit the Trooper with his Blaster, if he rolls 3, 2, or 1 it will miss.

This is a very simple example, there are usually modifiers such as cover, abilites etc which can alter your score before you roll the dice.

Oh and the system uses d10 rather than d20.

Sharasvar
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Sharasvar

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:59 am

Isn't that too much power to the stats? If you compare it with a d20 system for example. There, if you have a +4 mod through a stat that's already quite high, while a skill rank of 10 is quite normal. Just a thought Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:19 am

If it was in relation to the d20 system, yes very much so.

However, because statistics are out of 5 and not 18-20 (as with the d20 system) then each point in a statistic covers more of a range of that ability (1 point in this system is roughly equal to 5 points when compared to the d20 system) and so are therefore much slower to increase via character progression and xp.

There is a maximum limit that stats can start at when creating your character at level 1, though I'll cover details like this later.

To give you a rough idea of what the statistic ranges represent:

1 = Below average, limited.
2 = Galactic average. Most npcs are at this level.
3 = Above Galactic average. Most professionals are at this level.
4 = Elite. Highest most non-boss npcs are likely to reach, this level represents people who excell in a certain area and likely have a reputation due to that fact. Bounty Hunters hired for their dogged tenacity, Sith for their control of the Force, Medics for their emergency battlefield skills.
5 = Master. Characters with this score are rare, they represent the best of their species. Internationally recognized athletes, master assassins, ace pilots, legendary sith lords, etc.

Ofc all of this is still in progress and subject to change until finalized, so any suggestions are more than welcome (such as yours Sharasvar!), for example I have been considering raising the skill rank limit to 10 rather than 5 so they are, as you suggested, different from the statistics; I'm running a few mathimatical tests with it now to see how it pans out.

The above statistical info will most likely remain however because one of the things I always thought was a bit unnecessary with the d20 system was the way they gave you a statistic score which generated a "modifier" to go with it, then the modifier was heavily used and the stats score itself barely saw the light of day. Rather than have a stat that went up to 20 and gave a modifier of +5, it seems more sensible to me to have stats that go up to 5.

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:36 am

Sounds similar to the White Wolf ability pips which work really well. All very encouraging so far Mr Dubz! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:48 am

Cheers!

I own Vampire:The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Demon: The Fallen, Hunter: The Reckoning, Changeling: The Dreaming, Wraith: The Oblivion, and all the "Dark Ages" versions, so I am in no way influenced by White Wolf Studios Razz

Sharasvar
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Sharasvar

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 6:08 am

I'll give a quick rundown of my modified d20 SAGA edition Wink
You can freely use ideas for abilities, skills, feats, lightsaber forms, force powers, techniques and what not...

SYSTEM

To decide whether an action fails or succeeds, you just roll a d20, add the ability, skill and misc modifiers and compare to either a number set by the game master (a.k.a. Difficulty Class or DC) or an opposed roll of another character or NPC.

Out of combat (or a non-combat encounter) your character can take any action within reasonable limits. During encounters, there are six types of actions: free, swift, immediate, move, standard and full-round actions.

Free actions are actions which can be taken at any time, both in and out a players' turn, to a reasonable degree. E.g. speech.

Swift actions take little time. Each character can normally take one swift action on its turn.

An immediate action is a swift action taken out of turn. Each character can take normally one immediate action per round.

Move actions take more time and effort than swift actions but less than standard actions. A move action can be downgraded to a swift action if needed (granting a character two swift/immediate actions per turn). Each character can take normally one move action per turn.

Standard actions take more time and effort than move actions. A standard action can be downgraded to a move or swift action (granting a character two move actions or swift actions per turn). Each character can take normally one standard action per turn.

Full-round actions are actions which take the entire round to complete, effectively consuming one standard, move, and swift action.

Advantage and disadvantage

Your character can gain contextual bonuses and penalties on his skill checks, depending on roleplaying and environmental variables. When your character has the high ground, cover, concealment, when he/she surprises an enemy, etc, you can claim Advantage. If the GM accepts your claim your character gains a +3 bonus on the skill check. Conversely, if your character is in a bad situation to accomplish a task, the GM can claim Disadvantage for your character, applying a -3 penalty on the skill check.

Stamina, wounds and death

My campaign was based on heroic player characters As such they were hard, but not impossible to kill. Each character has a number of hit points equal to 50 + 5x PHY, representing stamina and the ability to mitigate and endure minor and light wounds. As long as your character's stamina remains at 1 or more hit points, he/she does not suffer ill effects and hit points are replenished in full after a 5 minutes rest.

However, once a character reaches 0 hit points, he/she is wounded. A character can never have less than 0 hit points. Characters at 0 hit points have to make a Fortitude check vs. DC 20 or fall unconscious. If they fall unconscious, they are considered helpless and can be killed. If they do not fall conscious, they are heavily wounded, taking a -5 penalty on all checks. If they get hit again, they have to reroll their Fortitude check, until they survive the encounter or pass out. (This made death only possible in the case of a TPK, total party kill; for other campaigns I'm much more severe Twisted Evil )
If you are wounded and maintained consciousness, you regain your stamina after 1d4 days of recovery. If you are wounded and lost your consciousness, you regain your stamina only after 2d4 days of recovery.

Successful Medicine checks hasten the healing process. A character with Medicine as a minor skill can apply first aid, bringing an unconscious character back to consciousness with a DC 15 Medicine check (full-round action) and the use of a medpack (used up after one go) or a medical kit. The character remains at 0 hit points and continues to take a -5 penalty on all checks, however.
A character with Medicine as a medium skill can patch up a wounded character with a DC 15 Medicine check (5 minutes) and the use of a medical kit. The character remains at 0 hit points but does not take a -5 penalty on all checks, unless he/she is hit again.
A character with Medicine as a major skill can reduce the natural recovery time when someone is wounded to one day, using a surgical kit or kolto/bacta treatment.

SPECIES

I only had the more or less humanoid species for my campaign, so we'll skip this.

ABILITIES

Your character has six abilities: Agility, Awareness, Dexterity, Intelligence, Personality, and Physique. You may divide six points over these scores. You can put a maximum of 3 in one ability and a minimum of -1, granting you a point to invest in another ability. A score of 0 means you are average compared to other members of the same species, -1 below average, +1 above average, +2 superior, +3 outstanding. Your ability scores directly influence your skills.

Agility (AGI)
Agility is a measurement of how speedy and nimble your character is. Agility determines the skills of Acrobatics, Reflexes, Stealth and Unarmed.

Awareness (AWA)
Awareness is a measurement of your character' senses and intuition. Awareness determines the skills of Heavy weapons, Medicine, Perception, and Insight. This ability directly modifies your numbers of Force powers and techniques known.

Dexterity (DEX)
Dexterity is a measurement of your character's hand-eye coordination and overall handiness. Dexterity determines the skills of Demolitions, Pistols, Rifles and Thievery.

Intelligence (INT)
Intelligence is a measurement of your character's capacity to reason and think. Intelligence determines the skills of Computers, Galactic lore, Mechanics, Research and Science. This ability directly modifies the number of feats you gain at character creation.

Personality (PER)
Personality is a measurement of your character's personal magnetism, influence and perseverance. Personality determines the skills of Guile, Persuasion, Use the Force and Willpower. This ability directly modifies your number of Force points.

Physique (PHY)
Physique is a measurement of your character's constitution and strength. Physique determines the skills of Athletics, Concentration, Fortitude and Melee. This ability modifies your hit points (base hit points: 50 + 5x PHY)

ALIGNMENT & FACTIONS

Specific for my campaign, so we'll skip this as well.

SKILLS

Of the 28 skills you may choose an 4 skills to be your major skills, gaining 9 ranks in them; 6 average skills, gaining 6 ranks; and 8 minor skills, gaining 3 ranks. Most skills can be used untrained.

Acrobatics (AGI)
Acrobatics determines your ability to balance, escape bonds, and tumble. This skill can be used untrained.

Armor (-)
Armor is a passive skill which determines your ability to use body armor and energy shields. If you have Armor as a minor skill, you gain proficiency in the use of light armor and light energy shields. If you have Armor as an average skill, you gain also proficiency in the use
of medium armor and medium energy shields. If you have Armor as a major skill, you gain also proficiency in the use of heavy armor and heavy energy shields. You never make Armor checks.

Athletics (PHY)
Athletics determines your ability to climb, jump, run, and swim. This skill can be used untrained.

Computers (INT)
Computers determines your expertise with computer terminals, astronavigation, and advanced electronic equipment. This skill cannot be used untrained.

Concentration (PHY)
Concentration determines your ability to stay focused and continue an activity even when distracted (DC 15, free action). You can also concentrate to use another skill on 'autopilot', taking 10 on the skill (DC 20, full-round action). This skill can be used untrained.

Demolitions (DEX)
Demolitions determines your ability to craft, disable and use grenades, mines and explosive
devices. This skill cannot be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success and maximizes the weapon damage roll. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Fortitude (PHY)
Fortitude determines your ability to endure physical hardships and to accomplish feats of strengths. This skill can be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Galactic lore (INT)
Galactic lore determines your knowledge about history, geography, bureaucracy, economy,
and politics of the galaxy, planets and star systems. This skill cannot be used untrained.

Guile (PER)
Guile determines your ability to bluff, deceive, disguise, lie, seduce and feint in combat. Guile checks are opposed by Insight checks. This skill can be used untrained.

Heavy weapons (AWA)
Heavy weapons determines your ability to use heavy ranged weapons, such as missile and
grenade launchers or spacecraft turrets. Heavy weapons checks are opposed by Armor or Reflexes checks. Using heavy ranged weapons in close combat (corridor, room) is difficult and dangerous. This skill cannot be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered
an automatic success and maximizes the weapon damage roll. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Insight (AWA)
Insight determines your ability to sense true intentions. Insight checks are opposed by Guile. This skill can be used untrained.

Lightsabers (-)
Lightsabers determines your ability to wield lightsabers in combat. Lightsaber checks are opposed by either Lightsabers, Melee or Reflexes. If you have lightsabers as a minor skill you only know Form I. If you have lightsabers as an average skill you know Form I and
twee other forms of your choice. If you have lightsabers as a major skill you know Form I and four other forms of your choice. See the chapter on Lightsaber Forms for more information. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success and maximizes
the weapon damage roll. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Mechanics (INT)
Mechanics determines your ability to craft, disable, repair, and rewire mechanical devices and basic electronic equipment. This skill cannot be used untrained.

Medicine (AWA)
Medicine determines your ability to heal and inflict wounds, radiation and poison damage. This skill cannot be used untrained.

Melee (PHY)
Melee determines your ability to wield melee weapons in combat. Melee checks are opposed by either Lightsabers, Melee or Reflexes. This skill can be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success and maximizes the weapon damage roll. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Perception (AWA)
Perception determines your ability to notice things, using your senses. This skill can be used untrained.

Persuasion (PER)
Persuasion determines your ability to convince, charm, and intimidate others. Persuasion checks are opposed by Willpower. This skill can be used untrained.

Pilot (DEX)
Pilot determines your ability to drive vehicles and steer aircraft. This skill cannot be used untrained.

Pistols (DEX)
Pistols determines your ability to use pistols and other types of onehanded small arms. Pistols checks are opposed by Armor or Reflexes checks. Using pistols in long ranged
combat is less precise and imposes a -5 penalty to the attack roll. This skill can be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success and maximizes
the weapon damage roll. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Reflexes (AGI)
Reflexes determines your ability to dodge and evade melee, ranged and area attacks; to grab onto something; or to act quickly. This skill can be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Research (INT)
Research determines your ability to find information in an archive or library, search for clues, or investigate a crime scene.

Rifles (DEX)
Rifles determines your ability to use rifles and other types of two-handed small arms. Rifles checks are opposed by Armor or Reflexes checks. This skill can be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success and maximizes the weapon damage roll. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Science (INT)
Science represents your scientific knowledge. This skill cannot be used untrained.

Stealth (AGI)
Stealth determines your ability to hide and move silently. Stealth checks are opposed by Perception. This skill can be used untrained.

Thievery (DEX)
Thievery determines your ability to pick locks, pickpocket and legerdemain. Thievery checks are opposed by Perception checks. This skill cannot be used untrained.

Unarmed (AGI)
Unarmed determines your ability to grapple, wrestle, and use martial arts techniques. Unarmed checks are opposed by either Unarmed or Reflexes checks. This skill can be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success and maximizes the weapon damage rol. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Use the Force (PER)
Use the Force determines your ability to sense and use the Force. This skill cannot be used untrained. A character with Use the Force as a minor skill is force sensitive but cannot use Force powers or techniques. A character with Use the Force as an average skill can use Force powers, but no force techniques. A character with Use the Force as a major skill can use Force powers and techniques. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

Willpower (PER)
Willpower determines your ability to resist mental manipulation. This skill can be used untrained. Rolling a natural 20 is considered an automatic success. Rolling a natural 1 is considered an automatic failure.

FEATS

You may choose 5 + INT feats from the following list, if your character meets the prerequisites.

Acute Senses
Prerequisite: Awareness 1, Perception as a major skill
You may choose to reroll any Perception check, but the result of the second roll must be accepted even if it's worse.

Adrenaline rush
Prerequisite: Physique 2
At the beginning of an encounter you gain a rush of adrenaline, granting you 10 extra hit points, which, however, disappear within 2d4 rounds.

Attract follower
Prerequisite: Personality 2
You have a loyal follower or minion. This character has 25 hit points, no ability penalties or bonuses, one feat, 3 skills with 8 ranks and 9 skills with 4 ranks.

Barter
Prerequisite: Personality 1, Persuasion as a major skill
You may reroll any Persuasion check made to haggle or conduct a business transaction. You must, however, accept the result of the second roll.

Bolster allies
As a full-round action you can rally your allies, fortifying their resolve. Every ally in your sight regains 10 lost hit points. You can only bolster your allies once per combat encounter.

Cleave
If your melee or lightsaber attack drops a target, you can make an immediate attack against an adjacent enemy.

Danger Sense
Prerequisite: Perception as a major skill, Use the Force as a minor skill
You gain a bonus equal to your Awareness on your Reflexes checks.

Delegate
Prerequisite: Intelligence 1, Personality 1
You can give up your standard action for this round to give one ally within your line of sight an extra standard action on his next turn, to do with as he pleases.

Dual Weapon Wielding
Prerequisite: Agility 2
You wield two melee or ranged weapons at once. If you fail a melee or ranged check, once per round you may reroll the die, taking the second result, even if it's worse. Attacking when dual wielding is always a full-round action.

Elusive Dogfighter
Prerequisite: Pilot as a major skill
You gain a +5 on Pilot checks when engaged in a dogfight, or trying to shake off pursuers.

Elusive target
Prerequisite: Agility 1
When fighting an opponent in melee, other opponents attempting to target you with ranged attacks take a -5 penalty to their roll.

Erudition
Prerequisite: Intelligence 1, Galactic lore and/or Science as major skills
You may always take 10 with a +3 bonus on Galactic lore and/or Science checks with regard to encyclopaedic knowledge.

Experienced tracker
Prerequisite: Research as a major skill
You may always take 10 with a +3 bonus on Research checks to find and track an enemy.

Evasion
Prerequisite: Agility 1, Reflexes as a major skill
When you make a successful Reflexes check to avoid damage, you suffer no damage instead of half damage.

Fast recovery
You have excellent stamina. During an encounter, you regain 1 lost hit point per round.

Fearless
Prerequisite: Willpower as a major skill
You are immune to all fear effects.

Force Training
Prerequisite: Use the Force as a major skill
You gain one extra Force Power or Force technique known. This feat can be taken multiple times.

Harm's Way
Prerequisite: Agility 1
Once per round, you may spend a swift action to shield a single adjacent ally from attacks, taking the damage and suffering the ill effects in your ally's stead.

Ignite Fervor
As a swift action, you can ignite fervor in all allies in your line of sight, granting them +1d6 on all damage rolls for one round. You can ignite fervor only once during a combat encounter.

Indomitable
Perequisite: Physique 2
When wounded but not unconscious, you may ignore the -5 penalty on your d20 checks.

Infravision
Thanks to a genetic mutation you have infravision, enabling you to see clearly in darkness.

Inspire Awe
Prerequisite: Personality 3
Your fame or infamy is such that any opponent who fails a Willpower check against DC 15 + your Personality score loses his first round in combat.

Lightsaber Training
Prerequisite: Lightsabers as a minor skill
You gain one extra Lightsaber Form known. This feat can be taken multiple times.

Lucky stop
A successful hit against you is mitigated by an item you are wearing. Once per game session you can negate the damage from a single attack.

Martial Artist Training
Prerequisite: Unarmed as a minor skill
The damage when fighting unarmed (1d4) increases to 1d6. In addition, you can use the Unarmed skill instead of Reflexes to evade melee and lightsaber attacks.

* Martial Artist Focus
Prerequisite: Unarmed as an average skill, Martial Artist Training
The damage when fighting unarmed increases to 1d8.

** Martial Artist Specialization
Prerequisite: Unarmed as a major skill, Martial Artist Focus
The damage when fighting unarmed increases to 1d10. You can use the Unarmed skill instead of Reflexes to evade ranged attacks.

*** Martial Artist Mastery
Prerequisite: Martial Artist Specialization
The damage when fighting unarmed increases to 1d12.

Mighty swing
When attacking with a two-handed melee weapon or lightsaber, you gain +1 die extra damage, but suffer a -5 penalty on your defenses (reflexes, block, deflect) until your next turn.

Notorious
You have a criminal background and may reroll any Persuasion check to intimidate or influence the attitude of criminal characters.

Power Blast
Prerequisite: Rifles as a major skill
When attacking with a rifle you can use up two charges instead of one, doing +1 die extra damage. However, if you roll a natural one on the attack the rifle overheats, rendering it useless.

Quick Draw
Drawing a weapon is a swift action. With the quick draw feat this becomes a free action.

Shield ally
Prerequisite: Melee and/or Lightsabers as major skills
Whenever you are adjacent to an ally, you may, as an immediate action, block and deflect melee and ranged attacks which target that ally.

Skill Training
You gain a new minor skill of your choice. This feat can be taken multiple times, its effects apply each time for a different skill.

Skill Focus
You upgrade a minor skill of your choice to an average skill, gaining 3 more ranks in the skill. This feat can be taken multiple times, its effects apply each time for a different skill.

Skill Specialization
You upgrade an average skill to a major skill, gaining 3 more ranks in the skill. This feat can be taken multiple times, its effects apply each time for a different skill.

Skill Mastery
You gain a +3 bonus to one major skill. This feat can only be taken once.

Sneak attack
Prerequisite: Dexterity 2
Whenever you make a successful attack against an opponent who is unaware of your presence, you do +1d6 extra damage.

Strong in the Force
You gain one extra Force Point. This feat can be taken multiple times.

Surgical expertise
Prerequisite: Medicine as a major skill.
You may always take 10 with a +3 bonus on Medicine checks.

Toughness
You gain 5 extra hit points.

Wealthy
Instead of 10,000 credits, your character starts off with 75,000 credits of wealth. You can take this feat multiple times, each time gaining an extra 75,000 credits.

Whirlwind attack
Prerequisite: Agility 2
When attacking with a melee weapon or a lightsaber, you can attack all adjacent opponents with one attack roll. You take a -5 penalty to all your defenses (blocking, deflecting, reflexes) until your next turn, however.

LIGHTSABER FORMS

If you have Lightsabers as a minor skill, you know Form I (Shii-Cho). If you have Lightsabers a an average skill, you know Form I and two other Forms of your choice. If you have Lightsabers as a major skill, you know Form I and four other Forms of your choice. Switching from one Form to another is a swift action.

Form I Shii-Cho (PHY)
Younglings are taught Shii-Cho first because of its simplicity and versatility. Sometimes called the ideal form, Form I uses horizontal side-swipes and parries made with the blade of the lightsaber held upright to push the point of an enemy's blade away during a side-to-side attack. If the attack is a downward slash aimed at the head, Form I simply reverses the motion, with a horizontally-held lightsaber being moved up and down to deflect a blow. All the basic ideals of attack, parry, target zones, and practice drills were created with the Form I style. When using Form I, your Lightsaber checks are modified by your Physique score. You can use lightsaber checks to block melee weapons and lightsabers and deflect energy bolts from pistols and rifles.

Form II Makashi (DEX)
Prerequisite: Form I
After Form I's proliferation as a saber combat technique, Form II came about as a means of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. It is described as being very elegant, powerful, and requiring extreme precision, allowing the user to attack and defend with minimal effort, while his/her opponent tires himself/herself out. The form relies on parries, thrusts, and small, precise cuts—as opposed to the blocking and slashing of the other forms. The blade manipulation required is very refined and requires much focus, but the results are extremely potent. As ranged weapons such as blasters come into play, the advantages of this form of lightsaber combat become less useful, but it is still potent against multiple opponents. When using Form II, your Lightsaber checks are modified by your Dexterity score. You gain a +3 bonus on lightsaber checks to attack and to block melee weapons and lightsabers. However, you cannot deflect energy bolts from pistols and rifles.

Form III Soresu (AGI)
Prerequisite: Form I
Form III, the most defensive of all of the forms, unlike Form II combat, was developed to counteract the advancing blaster technology throughout the galaxy. Soresu utilizes motions occurring very close to the body to achieve near-total protection, efficiently expending as little energy as possible to execute these moves. It stressed quick reflexes and fast positional transition, in order to overcome the rapidity with which a blaster could be fired. This technique exposes as few target zones on the body as possible, making a well-trained practitioner nearly impenetrable. However, Soresu's same dedication to defense and minimal bodily exposure also decreases the lightsaber's threat range. When using Form III, your Lightsaber checks are modified by your Agility score. You suffer a -3 penalty on lightsaber checks to attack, but you gain a +3 bonus on checks to block and deflect melee and ranged attacks.

Form IV Ataru (AGI)
Prerequisite: Form I, Acrobatics as a minor skill
The master practitioners of Form IV make extensive use of acrobatic maneuvers often thought physically impossible without the aid of the Force. It is much like the more obscure form known as Sokan, with which Ataru has cross-fertilized. It emphasized acrobatic strength and power in wielding the blade, attributes which were frowned upon by many traditional Jedi Knights and Masters. Ataru relies on wide slashes, acrobatic proficiency and an open space for the Jedi to fight. One basis for the acrobatic nature of Ataru is that lightsabers can damage with brushing, light strokes, rather than hard chopping motions. Due to its aggressive nature, it is an effective form to use against single enemies but leaves the user open to attacks from multiple opponents. Ataru is better suited to dueling than open warfare. When using Form IV, your Lightsaber checks are modified by your Agility score. You gain a +3 bonus when attacking, blocking and deflecting a single, designated opponent, but you then suffer a -3 penalty when attacking, blocking and deflecting other opponents.

Form V Shien – Djem So (AGI)
Prerequisite: Form III and IV
Form V was developed by a group of Jedi Masters who felt that Form III was too passive, while Form IV was not powerful enough. It addressed the shortcomings of both forms, in which a Jedi Master may have proved to be undefeatable but could not overcome the enemy. Among the many unique aspects of Form V was the development of techniques in which the lightsaber was used to deliberately deflect a blaster bolt directly back at the firer. When using Form V, your Lightsaber checks are modified by your Agility score. You can block and deflect attacks of your opponents. Once per round, after succesful deflection, you can either (1) redirect a blaster bolt to your foe, using your deflection check; or (2) make a counterattack after you successfully blocked an attack.

Form VI Niman (AWA)
Prerequisite: Form I, II, III
The basic philosophy of Niman is "the leaf swept in the winds of the Force". One who uses this form attains a mindset of one who is not perturbed by his or her surroundings, but rides the currents of the surrounding chaos, being harmonious and balanced within. Form VI attempts to balance all elements of lightsaber combat, combining the Forms that came before into a less intensely demanding combat style. The result is that the users' skill in each individual areas of lightsaber combat is only moderate, making Form VI well-suited for diplomats and consulars, as they can spend their time training in the areas of politics, negotiation and Force mastery instead of combat training. Niman is the stepping stone to the dual lightsaber form, known as Jar'Kai; no one who has successfully mastered Jar'Kai has done so without first mastering Niman. When using Form VI, your lightsaber checks are modified by your Awareness score. You can block and deflect attacks and you can always take 10 on all your lightsaber checks.

Form VII Juyo (PHY)
Prerequisite: Form I, II, III, IV, V
The most challenging and demanding of all forms, Form VII requires intense focus, high levels of skill, and mastery of other forms. Juyo is a powerful but precarious form that sacrifices defense in return for greater dexterity and strength of attack. When using Form VII, your lightsaber checks are modified by your Physique score. You gain a +3 bonus on Lightsaber checks to attack, while suffering a -3 penalty on deflecting or blocking attempts. In addition, you may add your physique score to your damage rolls.

Sokan (AGI)
Prerequisite: Form IV, acrobatics as a major skill
The original form of Sokan consisted of tactics for extraordinary feats of evasion and mobility, intended to place the enemy in a poor location or to enhance one's own position. It was combined with the kinetic motions of Form IV combat. Sokan involves swift strokes of the lightsaber aimed towards the opponent's vital areas in addition to quick tumbles and movements. Sokan is modified by your Agility score. You can use Acrobatics instead of Lightsabers to attack, and instead of Reflexes to evade melee and ranged attacks.

Jar'Kai (AGI)
Prerequisite: Form VI
The dual saber style of Jar'Kai permits a Jedi to fight efficiently with two lightsabers, one in each hand – or one double-bladed lightsaber. One of the blades in the wielder's hands is used for attacking while the other one is used for defending, such as parrying, or for more offensive power. Jar'Kai is modified by your Agility score. When attacking, blocking or deflecting, you always roll two dice, taking the best result.

Saber throw (DEX)
You can use your lightsaber as a ranged weapon (close range). You make a Lightsaber check modified by your dexterity to determine if you hit your target.

Tràkata (PER)
Prerequisite: Form I, Guile as major skill, Quick Draw feat
Tràkata takes advantage of a lightsaber blade's ability to be turned on and off, a unique quality in a melee weapon. Quickly shutting off then re-igniting the blade could cause confusion in one's opponents, allowing for diversionary feints in combat. In addition this form frees one's blade hand, allowing greater control of some force powers. Philosophically, Tràkata involves practical combat and deception, rather than single minded determination or endless patience.
Tràkata is modified by your Personality score. Once per round, as a standard action, you can make a Guile check instead of a Lightsaber check when activating your lightsaber and attacking with it (not deflecting or blocking). In addition, you gain a +3 bonus on the attack roll.

THE FORCE

Powers

You must have Use the Force as an average skill to use Force powers.
You know a number of Force powers equal to 7 + AWA.
To use force powers during an encounter, you must spend a force point, representing your connection to the Force. Outside encounters the use of force powers is "free" and open to reasonable use.
You have a number of force points equal to 5 + PER. If you roll a natural 20 on a Use the Force check when using a force power you immediately regain one spent force point.

Absorption [LIGHT]
You absorb force powers directed against you. As an immediate action, by making a successful opposed Use the Force check you can absorb one Force power. If you succeed on the check, you do not spend a force point to activate this power.

* Rebuke [LIGHT]
Prerequisite: Absorption, Use the Force as a major skill
Instead of absorbing a power directed against you, you rebuke the power to its origin. If you succeed on the check, you do not spend a force point to activate this power.

Battle Meditation
Through the force you guide and streamline the combat abilities of you and your allies. Each round you make a Use the Force check as a swift action against 15 + the number of your allies. If you succeed you and your allies in sight may take 10 on all attack and defence rolls. If you fail you have to spend a new force point to activate the power.

Dark Rage [DARK]
You channel your rage and hatred through your lightsaber. Activating Dark Rage is a swift action. If you succeed on a DC 15 Use the Force check, you do an extra 1d6 damage; DC 20 check 2d6 extra damage; DC 25 check 3d6 extra damage; DC 30 check 4d6 extra damage.

Drain Force [DARK]
You leech the Force of an opponent. You make a Use the Force check opposed to the target's Fortitude check. If you succeed, you gain 1d4 extra force points and your foe loses the same amount of force points. Using Drain Force is a standard action. You do not spend a force point if you succeed on the check.

Drain Life [DARK]
You leech the life of an opponent. You make a Use the Force check opposed to the target's Fortitude check. If you succeed, you heal 2d6 hit points and your foe gains the same amount of stamina loss. Using Drain Life is a standard action.

* Death Field [DARK]
Prerequisite: Drain Life, Use the Force as a major skill
You use Drain Life against all opponents in close range (room, corridor, etc). Using Death Field is a full-round action.

Equilibrium [LIGHT]
Bringing yourself in a state of mental balance, you may ignore all attempts at manipulating your mind. Gaining equilibrium takes a full-round action and a Use the Force check against DC 20. When used in combat, it lasts until the end of the encounter.

Farseeing
Farseeing requires a meditative state and cannot be used in combat. If you succeed in a DC 20 Use the Force check, you gain a vague momentary impression of events happening around a particular being in some distant place. You have to know or have met this creature before. If you succeed in a DC25 check, you can catch a glimpse of the target's past or future.

Fear [DARK]
You summon the power of the dark side to instill fear in an enemy in close range (room, corridor, etc). If you succeed in an opposed Use the Force check versus the target's Willpower check, you paralyze your target with fear, rendering it immobile (but not helpless). Using Fear is a standard action. Each round, as a swift action, you have to make another check to maintain your fearsome aura. You do not have to use another force point, unless you fail your Use the Force check.

* Aura of Menace [DARK]
Prerequisite: Fear, Use the Force as a major skill
You can use Fear against all opponents in close range.

Grip [DARK]
You grip your opponent with the force. If you succeed in a Use the Force check versus your target's Fortitude check, you grip your foe, rendering it immobile (but not helpless), slowly inflicting choking damage (2d6 hit points per round). Using Grip is a standard action. Each round, as a swift action, you have to make a new check to maintain your grip. You do not have to use another force point, unless you fail your Use the Force check.

* Crush [DARK]
Prerequisite: Grip, Use the Force as a major skill
When gripping an opponent you crush his lungs, doing 4d6 hit points per round damage instead of 2d6. Using Crush is a full-round action and it takes a move action to maintain the power.

Haze
You blur the outline of yourself and your allies, making you harder to notice. This does not render you invisible, however. Using Haze is a full-round action. You make a Use the Force check against DC 15 + the number of allies in your sight. If you succeed, you and your allies gain a +10 bonus on Stealth checks. Each round, as a swift action, you have to make another check to maintain Haze. If you fail your check you have to spend a new force point to reactivate the power.

Healing [LIGHT]
You call on the force to regain your stamina and heal your wounds. As a full-round action, you make a DC 20 Use the Force check. If you succeed, you regain half your lost hit points.

Ionize
You overcharge an electronic device or droid. This force power can only be used against electronic devices. If you succeed in an opposed Use the Force check versus the target's Fortitude check, it is rendered immobile for one round. Each round, as a swift action, you have to make another check to maintain Ionize. If you fail your check you have to spend a new force point to reactivate the power.

Lightning [DARK]
You unleash an arc of lightning against one foe in close range (room, corridor, etc). If you succeed in a Use the Force check versus your target's Reflexes check, you do 8d6 energy damage. Using Lightning is a full-round action. If your opponent dodges the attack, he still gains 2d6 damage.

* Lightning field [DARK]
Prerequisite: Lightning, Use the Force as a major skill
You can use Force Lightning against all opponents in close range.

Mind Trick
You can choose to create a hallucination which distracts your opponent; feint; make a suggestion (which doesn't obviously harm your opponent); or improve someone's attitude towards you. A creature affected by this force power cannot be affected by the same power for 24 hours. Activating Mind Trick requires a standard action and a Use the Force check versus your target's Willpower check. When used in combat, each round, as a swift action, you have to make another check to maintain Mind Trick. If you fail your check you have to spend a new force point to reactivate the power.

Move Object
You can use this force power to move, push and throw objects, and disarm opponents. If you manipulate any object which is kept by an opponent, you have to succeed, as a full-round action, on a Use the Force check versus the Reflexes check of the opponent. If your target is a creature, you have to succeed on a Use the Force check versus its Willpower check. The size of the object you are able to manipulate and the damage it does when, e.g., throwing it, depends on the DC: DC10: small or tiny, 1d4 damage; DC15: medium, 1d6 damage; DC20: large, 2d6 damage; DC25: huge, 4d6 damage; DC30: gargantuan, 8d6 damage wounds; DC35: colossal, 12d6. Each round, as a move action, you have to make another check to maintain Move Object. If you fail your check you have to spend a new force point to reactivate the power.

* Kinetic Combat
Prerequisite: Move Object, Use the Force as a major skill
You can guide and direct a one-handed melee weapon or lightsaber you are holding up to close range. Each round, as a swift action, you have to make another check to maintain Kinetic Combat. If you fail your check you have to spend a new force point to reactivate the power. You use your Use the Force checks to move the weapon, attack, block, and deflect. You cannot use lightsaber forms when using a lightsaber.

Protection [LIGHT]
Using the Force, you protect yourself against harm. If you succeed in a DC 15 Use the Force check, you DR 5 against physical and energy damage, DC 20 DR 10; DC 25 DR 15; DC 30 DR 20. Using protection is a full-round action. Each round, as a move action, you have to make another check to maintain Protection. If you fail your check you have to spend a new force point to reactivate the power.

Sever Force [LIGHT]
You temporarily sever the connection of an enemy to the Force. By making a successful Use the Force check against your target's Willpower (full-round action), you sever that target's connection with the Force. Each round, as a move action, you have to make another check to maintain Sever Force. If you fail your check you have to spend a new force point to reactivate the power. If you have maintained Sever Force for 5 uninterrupted rounds, the target has permanently lost its connection with the Force.

Senses
You gain a +10 bonus on Perception checks. You can see through darkness, smoke, mist, etc (Use the Force check DC20, swift action), or even solid walls (Use the Force check DC30, move action). When used in combat this power lasts for the entire encounter.

Surge
The Force grants you an immense speed, strength and maneuverability. If you succeed on a DC 15 Use the Force check you gain a +10 bonus on Acrobatics and Athletics checks; DC 20 +20; DC 25 +30; DC 30 +40. Using Surge is a swift action.

Vital transfer [LIGHT]
You transfer a part of your own life energy to an ally in close range. If you succeed in a DC 15 Use the Force check you transfer up to 5 hit points; DC 20 10 hit points; DC 25 15 hit points; DC 30 20 hit points; DC 35 25 hit points. You do not have to transfer the maximum number of hit points you are able to transfer. Using Vital transfer is a full-round action.

Whirlwind
You surround one creature in close range with a swirling vortex of force energy, immobilizing it. You have to succeed, as a standard action, in a Use the Force check versus your target's Reflexes check. Each round, as a swift action, you have to make another check to maintain Whirlwind. If you fail your check you have to spend a new force point to reactivate the power.

* Wave
Prerequisite: Whirlwind, Use the Force as a major skill
You can use Force Whirlwind on multiple targets in close range.

Techniques

You must have Use the Force as a major skill to use Force techniques.
You know a number of Force techniques equal to 3 + AWA.
Techniques are abilities which enhance your use of the Force and they do not require force points to be activated.

Affliction [DARK]
Each time you damage an opponent with a dark side power, you inflict an additional 1d6 damage.

Concerted Action
If you know the same force power as your ally, you can aid him in using his force power, granting him a +3 on his Use the Force check. Concerted Action requires an immediate action and the spending of a force point as if you used the force power yourself.

Dark Retaliation [LIGHT]
Once per encounter you can spend a force point to activate a force power as a reaction to being targeted by a dark force power.

Dark Side Scourge [LIGHT]
You deal extra damage on melee attacks vs darksiders equal to your force points total at that moment.

Dark Side Sense [LIGHT]
Prerequisite: Force Perception
You may reroll any Use the Force check made to sense the presence and relative location of dark siders. You must take the result of the reroll, even if it's worse.

Dun Möch [DARK]
Prerequisite: Persuasion as a major skill,
You are adept at using Dun Möch, an ancient and vile technique for tempting others to tap into the dark side of the force. As a move action you make a Persuasion check and compare it to the Willpower check of your opponent. The target is filled with fear or anger and if he or she makes an attack in the next round, his or her alignment drops one level.

Force Adept
Choose a single force power. You may reroll any check with this power. You have to take the second result even if it's worse. You can learn this technique multiple times, each time for another force power.

Force Deception
You can use a Use the Force check instead of a Guile check.

Force Perception
You can use a Use the Force check instead of a Perception check.

Force Premonition
You may reroll your reflexes check to determine initiative at the beginning of an encounter.

Force Insight
You can make a Use the Force check instead of a Insight check.

Force Mastery
Choose a single force power. You may always take 10 on checks with this power. You can learn this technique multiple times, each time for another force power.

Force Sight
Prerequisite: Force Perception or Miraluka
Characters with Force Sight can perceive their environment through the Force.

Force Treatment
You can make a Use the Force check instead of a Medicine check.

Fortified Body
The Force shields you against ailments, toxins, and radition poisoning, making you immune to disease, poison and radiation.

Potentium [GREY]
Prerequisite: Galactic Lore as a major skill, Grey alignment
As long as you have a Grey alignment, using dark side powers will not change your alignment.

Power of the Dark Side [DARK]
Once per encounter you can reroll a failed Use the Force check when using any Dark side power.

Rebuke the Dark [LIGHT]
Prerequisite: Rebuke as Force power
When using the rebuke Force power against a Dark force power, you may roll two d20 dice for the rebuke attempt and take the best result.

Resist the Dark Side [LIGHT]
Once per encounter you can reroll any check when resisting a Dark side power.

Serenity [LIGHT]
Prerequisite: Concentration as a major skill
You enter a brief meditative state, lasting a full round action. When you make a successful DC20 Concentration check, the next Use the Force check you make is considered a natural 20.

Telepathic link
You form a telepathic link with one willing ally (full-round action). The link can be cancelled by both partners. As long as you remain within 1 kilometer of your target, you and your ally can communicate telepathically as though you were speaking.

Veiled Intentions
Prerequisite: Guile as a major skill OR Force Deception
You may reroll any Guile and Willpower check to counter mind probes of any kind. You have to take the second result even if it's worse.

EQUIPMENT

See KOTOR sourcebook. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks Sharasvar!

I might well grab / modify some of that (especially the skills, GREAT idea, will speed up the character creation process too), but I'll ask you specifically every time I do intend to use any of the stuff above when writing my rules.

I will, of course, also point out and credit your rules if there are any I use without altering.

Cheers for taking the time to reply to this, its really helpful stuff Smile

Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:12 pm

I've quite enjoyed Dynamic roleplay when played (Pen, Paper, Dice) and well to see it incorporated elsewhere would be great!

If it ever occurs, count me in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Yup we all still give you support LW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm

I'll be honest in saying I've put this on hold, at least for the time being until I complete Dark Secrets. Its certainly not forgotten about and it'll be something I'll be putting a lot of time into once I've finished some other RP's.

There is a high likelihood that I will simply be using a modified version of the rules Sharsvar linked up here (with his permission of course) as so much of it is so similar to what I was planning to do anyway, it seems a little pointless just to re-do it all.

So yeah, this is "on my scope"

Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:07 pm

Now that DS is turned into a short story for the purposes of the Finale and is essentially "as good as finished" (all bar the reading) - I'm back on board with this.

13.08.10 Update:

Species: I know one of the things we've been waiting for for AGES with TOR is a difinitive list of what species we can play so I thought I'd make it the first thing I'd start revealing for the Dynamic RP ruleset.

* There are a total of 45 Playable Races in Dynamic RP (more may be added later)
* You can play all the races revealed so far in TOR (Humans (included in here are the base-line near humans such as Mandalorians, Hapan etc), Rattataki, Twi'lek, Chiss, Sith, Zabrak, Mirialan & Miraluka).
* The are no race/class/faction restrictions (you can play a Twi'lek Sith Warrior or a Rattataki Jedi Knight**)

Here are a the list of the first 20 (random selection from the 45, non-aphabetical)

Togruta, Droid, Trandoshan, Kel Dor, Jawa, Falleen, Ubese, Bith, Cathar, Wookie, Arkanian, Gamorrean, Nautolan, Snivvian, Toydarian, Cerean, Selkath, Ithorian, Rodian, Bothan.

Classes:

* All 8 classes from TOR are playable (Bounty Hunter, Trooper, Sith Warrior, Smuggler, Imprial Agent, Jedi Consular, Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular.)
* A 9th class 'Noble' has been added to the mix

Rule System:

* Will be using the rules system Sharasvar provided, with some slight altertions and presented in an easily remembered visual format.

Chat System:

* Dynamic RP will be available in both Chat-RP and Forum-RP formats.
* More on this soon.

** Though there are technically no class restrictions, for really unusual and rare cases (such as a Pureblood Sith who has redeemed and become a Jedi, or a Chiss Agent who now works as a Trooper for example), really exceptional reasoning at the character creation period needs to be given.
The GM reserves the right to disallow any character they feel may be unbalanced compared to the other players or could cause problems in an RP due to a very unusual species/class combo.

Last edited by Lunarwolf on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 am

This siounds bloody awesome mate. Are Falleen going to be playable?

Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 am

Sureshot wrote:
This siounds bloody awesome mate. Are Falleen going to be playable?

LW wrote:
Togruta, Droid, Trandoshan, Kel Dor, Jawa, Falleen, Ubese, Bith, Cathar, Wookie.

Oh yes.

Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:20 am

Splendid! Sorry didnt see that in your first post.

Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 am

I'm more worried about when Soude notices the "J" species in that list...

Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 am

Oh man now you've mentioned it I wanna play as a Jawa! Jawa

Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:40 am

Quite honnestly I'm stil unconvinced by the idea and I'm not gonna jump on this opportunity to bring you some Jawa Jediness... And I'm quite busy enough for now Very Happy

So I'm on the Wait & See mode on this dynamic RP thing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://soude.forumactif.com/
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:50 am

Don't worry Soude, it's gonna take me a while to put together.

Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:59 am

As I said in the meeting I don't really see the point of this. To me we already have enough tools. I'm not worrying I'm being careful.
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://soude.forumactif.com/
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am

The Dynamic Roleplay is designed for pre-game launch roleplaying sessions which are designed to allow a much richer level of immersion into the star-wars universe whilst also utterly removing the chance of god-modding (intentional or accidental) through moderated rules and documented dice rolls.

Currently our RP relies entirely upon people being reasonable about what their character can and can't do which is fine for seasoned roleplayers, but difficult to get to grips with when you're first starting out.

Everyone wants their Imperial Agent to be able to crack that security hack or their Sith Warrior to plow through hordes of Republic soldiers but, in the books, the films and even TOR there are times where this simply wont happen.

Qui-Gon was an excellent duelist but Darth Maul still cut him down.
Your character could get wiped in a raid in-game at a really annoying point.

These examples might seem annoying on the outside, but they're important and go a long way to developing how things pan out.

If you're doing the roleplay we currently do, it relies on your sometimes working with your character and not always succeeding, sometimes even really screwing up badly. For someone who's been roleplaying for years this is almost intuitive, but for someone new to it all, how likely are they going to want their badass Sith Warrior to fall on his arris? Not likely, thats what.

The inclusion of a rule system allows for the element of chance to be added in, just as it will be when TOR itself is released. Sure you can have people that are better that others at certain tasks, and thats exactly where this system shines. If something bad happens to your character its never personal, its just the luck of the dice. The same thing goes for good things too!

I personally feel that the inclusion of a rule-set as an option will enhance our Roleplaying here at EPOCH. We have several types of players here, some who like to write stories and RP over the foums for example, but we also have poeople who prefer to RP "in-game" using the rules provided as a backdrop to their options.

We like to try to cater for all our Agents, and I for one am looking forward to playing this as much as running some games!

Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 am

I'm totally all for this as being someone who doesn't have too much time on their hands to take part in a well structured Play-by-post, or run one for that matter! So yeah I think a gaming session would actually suit me better in all fairness. As I'm more of an improviser I reckon that on the spot RP just sits better with me.

Bring it on!

Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:02 pm

14.08.10:

Next 5 Playable Races Confirmed!

(Are you paying attention BioWare, not that hard to let people know, is it?)

• Arkanian
    Gamorrean
    Nautolan
    Snivvian
    Toydarian

PS: These have been added to the original list of the previous page.

Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:47 pm

17.08.10:

Next 5 Playable Races Confirmed!

* Bothan
* Cerean
* Ithorians
* Rodian
* Selkath

PS: These have been added to the original list of the previous page.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Roleplay   Dynamic Roleplay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dynamic Roleplay
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next