HomeMediaCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b10Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b11Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b10Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b11Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b1065%Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b106%Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b1018%Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b106%Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b100%Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Empty
PostSubject: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:03 am

Paragon Paladins and The Sith'ari Path have both agreed to taking part in a cross-guild RP with the EPOCH. I think we can safely say that it will take place in our forums. We need people to sign up though and a story to be set in stone. Also, who's going to manage this Roleplay? Well, is it going to be managed? Lots of questions Smile

Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:50 am

This is grand idea Smile

I think you're right, that it not only needs to be structured and have a definate plot, but be moderated and looked after by an impartial GM.

I'm deliberately gonna step down from this one and open the floor to all takers, I've got way too much on at the mo so don't really have time to write another RP.

Ever considered trying to run one H2?

Get yer GM'ing votes in, people Very Happy

Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:01 am

Plot 1: Paragon go into a full out war/battle against the Path and visa versa over control of a space station that will give better communications and co-ordinates to sites of interests for both sides. Both sides end up hiring the EPOCH and due to administration errors, EPOCH members are found fighting each other.

Plot 2: A whole cache of credits has opened up on a banking world when a palace is destroyed. Each side wants those credits for obvious reasons and so it ends up as a 3-way battle between all of the guilds.

Plot 3: Sith'ari Path inflitrate Coruscant in search of artefacts but the Paragon, the only Republic force that knows of their prescense, goes after them. However, the conflict moves through the EPOCH base of operations, forcing EPOCH to take action to protect themselves.

I'd personally go with Plot 1 as it's the only one that allows us to stay allies with both sides...
About the GM point, I haven't had any experiance and to be honest, I'd rather leave it for someone else.

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:14 am

I've got a guild member-only RP in development which I'm planning on kicking off when DS finishes (but no pressure there, Dubz - I'm still way from ready). But I agree a GM'd structured RP would be better.

And as for your ideas so far Harl, they're pretty good but option 1 makes us look like amatures and option 2 shouldn't happen if we're pros either. And I would check if assigning motivations to the other guilds is cool. They might not see their guilds coming from certain angles.
Back to top Go down
Sharasvar
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Sharasvar

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 am

I'm in. All out war doesn't seem very much like our style though. TSP is still quite a secretive organization, and plot 3 seems more like a story thread for us: infiltration, politics, & artefacts. Just throwing in my 2 cents Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thesitharipath.guildportal.com
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 am

Plot 3 it is then, though we need to flesh it out and create a reason why the fight would be brought to the EPOCH base. Is there some special co-ordinates on our computers? To be honest, it does seem to the most likely story...

Vaelyndor
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Vaelyndor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:27 pm

I would love to sign up as one of the representatives from the Sith'ari Path. I agree that plot 3 would keep everybody's guild motivations best preserved, though I, too am not sure how or why we would end up in the EPOCH base. Perhaps the base is located on the site of some long forgotten tomb or ruins, and actually houses an artifact of interest that, until recently, was unknown to any of the three guilds? Just something off the top of my head, may be useful, might not be. Smile I'm just excited to be a part of a cross-guild rp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:46 pm

But the Sith never went to Coruscant, or at least on en mass and I'm not sure that the Jedi have underground catacombs there. Maybe some sort of holorecording that ended up in a hidden bunker under the EPOCH base?

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Part of the enjoyment of participating in a structured RP as a player is not knowing where the story's headed or what the GM's got up his sleeve. I'm a bit worried that this discussion thread might start containing spoilers. Where's the excitement if we all know what's going to happen? lol

Can I suggest Harl that if you're going to GM this RP and if you've decided on a scenario, that you develop the specifics in secret? If you get stuck or whatever I'm sure our seasoned Roleplaying Director won't mind giving you a spot of advice?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:15 pm

I honestly can't see myself running an RP whilst I still have DAtD on the go, but I'm happy to take part.

As for ideas on how to start it I'd recommend really getting a deep understanding of what each guild wants from the RP and how they would like to represented. Personally I quite this option:

Plot 3: Sith'ari Path inflitrate Coruscant in search of artefacts but the Paragon, the only Republic force that knows of their prescense, goes after them. However, the conflict moves through the EPOCH base of operations, forcing EPOCH to take action to protect themselves.

BUT.....

I really don't like the idea of it moving through our highly secretive base of operations (which we haven't established yet anyway) and it doesn't sound like a very 'E.P.O.C.H' mission. However I do like the idea of the Path searching for a artfefact/holocron on a republic aligned planet. Typhon maybe?? I'ts pretty much in the storyline that the Jedi have gone thier to retreat and learn the ways of the force again, and I'd personally like to take it somewhere away from Coruscant anyway as every RP seems to be based there.

Personally I'd like to E.P.O.C.H hired by either the Paladins or TSP. At the end of the day though I'd like all 3 guilds to be completely satisfied with the setting. Oh and I dunno if you'd be interested in bringing in characters from CODEx at all Hare? It might even things out a bit.

Anyway first things first, it might be an idea to check out how many sign-ups we have for the RP to see how many members from guilds are interested. After that I don't mind popping in the odd suggestion for the setting.

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Doh! I said option 2 as my second one there didn't I? I meant to say option 3; options 1 and 3 leave us looking unprofessional. But since, for my money, option 2 is a weak idea, I think option 3 (minus the EPOCH HQ bit like Sure says) is the best idea of the three.

And CODEX hasn't got any solid characters in its ranks yet. We're workin' on it though! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sharasvar
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Sharasvar

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Another scenario:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 am

I thought we'd be discussing any new Cross guild RP before we embarked upon one, in fact I was going to post something regarding this when I had finished my newsletter article, mainly becuase Knightfall had finished and I wanted RoM to participate in one.
Considering they have been our allies for quite a while now abeit quiet ones I thought we'd be getting round to them first No offense the the TSP or PP ofc Smile
Maybe I should have been more proactive about this and I'm certainly not knocking Harls initiative on the front but like I said i thought it would have been discussed first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:42 am

I agree that this has come about very quickly. And again, no disrespect to TSP and PP, a HoD crossover was already under discussion before any of this. I personally don't have a limit to the number of RPs I'd like to be in (I'm a big RP fanboy) but I understand some people might not want to play alts which means we'll have to prioritise rather than overlap RPs. Therefore I firmly second PrioryJK's suggestion that in future these matters be extensively discussed internally beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:54 am

Uh, actually, Sureshot asked me to set this up. Smile Although I thought of the idea, Sureshot put it forward and so I did in fact discuss it, though not with you guys, I just took Sureshot's word as what was going to happen. I thought we were done with cross-overs with the HoD (ie. Knightfall anyone) anyway, but I take your point that the RoM have been allies for longer PJK. I guess it's up to SS what happens with all these RPs, maybe a list with each in order?

Sharasvar
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Sharasvar

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:18 am

In any case, don't worry about us if this RP gets delayed, even though we're Sith, we're not easily offended :p
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:32 am

Well my thoughts on this is that we should at least find out the details on who would be interested in participating. I haven't spoken to RoM about any crossover RP but it might be an option, although I'm not sure how many of them would be interested. However I think it's fair to say that the Path and the Paladins have shown a lot of interest in RP in the Hyperion so I think it might be wise to include our 3 guilds in the RP. I'm also wondering if we could do with a 4th. guild involved with the Republic side to aid the Paladins, so let me know what you guys think.

Here's my suggestions anyway;

• 4 guilds involved in the crossover RP in case one loses interest and pulls out.
  • 2 Republic Aligned Guilds and 2 Sith Aligned guilds
  • A limited number of players from each guild, say about 4 each? (Depends on how many people we have interested).
  • Every guild must be comfortable with the setting and what thier role is within the RP.

If you'd like to add more then please feel free.

Raz Lieon
Paragon Paladins
Paragon Paladins
Raz Lieon

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:41 am

Hmmm, Didnt notice this was being set up. As my side is still debating this whole "alliance" thing, It would probably be best to do another first before one connected with the Paladins. Whilst Im more than up for it, It takes more than one person to be a guild.

Just to put it out there, Many of my guys are Skeptical about the Neutralness of your guild, I am however, trying to make them see it from my point of view. Hopefully I should have the discussion finished by the end of the week, but then my guys would still have to come over here and become accoustmed with the place.

Ill let you know if anything changes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:57 am

Not to worry Raz I think this one might be a way off yet anyway. We still have 2 guild RP's on the go and of course the Hyperion. In the meantime though maybe just a crossover RP with the Path will do for now.

I can see why your guys are skeptical about our neutraility but I can assure them that that is the case. The only reason we are Sith aligned is because of the game mechanics and specifically the current classes that are available to us right now (with the possibility of an Agent class on the way) have left us with a better choice of options that suit our guild better.

If they check my current RP Doom Amongst the Dunes then they'll see that we also work for the Republic too. Smile

Raz Lieon
Paragon Paladins
Paragon Paladins
Raz Lieon

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:31 am

Sureshot wrote:
Not to worry Raz I think this one might be a way off yet anyway. We still have 2 guild RP's on the go and of course the Hyperion. In the meantime though maybe just a crossover RP with the Path will do for now.

I can see why your guys are skeptical about our neutraility but I can assure them that that is the case. The only reason we are Sith aligned is because of the game mechanics and specifically the current classes that are available to us right now (with the possibility of an Agent class on the way) have left us with a better choice of options that suit our guild better.

If they check my current RP Doom Amongst the Dunes then they'll see that we also work for the Republic too. Smile

Hmmm, Yeah. Ive tried to explain to them about the "alliance" They believe someone such as the Paragon should not be aligned with Neutral/Sith guilds. I see it however, that there are desperate measures, which call for these kinds of things to happen. And it isnt as if The two of us will always be there for each other, You want credits, we want some work done. In that way it would be an allaince but other than that, not really. I think some of them find it hard to look pass that Word "alliance", and don't see it deeper than I do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharasvar
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Sharasvar

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 am

The way I see it, an RP alliance between two guilds is first and foremost an OOC affair. It is a recognition of two guilds that they see each other as interesting partners for future RP. As such it doesn't matter on which faction they are - on the contrary, a good story often requires good opponents. Smile

Alliances can be made IC as well, of course, and only then I see faction coming into the picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:11 am

Sharasvar wrote:
The way I see it, an RP alliance between two guilds is first and foremost an OOC affair. It is a recognition of two guilds that they see each other as interesting partners for future RP. As such it doesn't matter on which faction they are - on the contrary, a good story often requires good opponents. Smile
Here, here! Well said Sir. Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Happy-smiley-89
Back to top Go down
Vaelyndor
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Vaelyndor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:26 am

If the cross-guild RP story that comes up doesn't specficially involve TSP, I for one am perfectly okay playing an alt with a background that will fit him/her into the plotline. Just let me know what you all decide. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:02 am

Vaelyndor wrote:
If the cross-guild RP story that comes up doesn't specficially involve TSP, I for one am perfectly okay playing an alt with a background that will fit him/her into the plotline. Just let me know what you all decide. Smile
Darth Nihilus Well now I'm offically in love with the Sith'ari Path! Kudos to you guys for putting the RP back into RP Guild! I love you

Ehem... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Darth'Ishad
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path
Darth'Ishad

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Yes same with me, whatever you guys decide i will gladly go along with. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)   Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cross-Guild RP Discussion (TSP, Paragon, EPOCH)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next