The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b10The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b11The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b10The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b11The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b1065%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b106%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b1018%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b106%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b100%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

The Hyperion Discussion Thread

Go down 
+23
Dugo
Caryington
Darth'Ishad
Viking
Orion Centrus
Sharasvar
Charada
Rasper Karger
Typho Raame
Kol
Dante Demens
PrometheuX
Andariun
Sen Sensui
Sureshot
Godjera
Harlequin2
PrioryJK
nosyd
zoran
Commander Nord
Lunarwolf
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 pm

LOL! This will be a hell of a lot easier when we can see our avatars in action. Laughing

Anyway guys I can't continue tonight I'm afraid as I'm heading out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 pm

That's a shame, we'll continue tomorrow then... Have a good time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Rasper Karger wrote:
Rasper quickly made his way down to the hyperion in hoping either dante was there or someone had seen him. He would rather be with commander typho but Typho had ordered him to find Dante and that was what he was going to do. He turned a corner and was at the entrance into the hyperion. Much to his surprise there was Dante and he was talking to someone.

Rasper touched the earpiece on the side of his helmet "Commander typho, Dante is outside the cantina and he is speaking to someone unknown." "Im oing to find out what he's doing, Ill contact you when I find out."
Rasper, you were already inside the Hyperion. What's going on? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Dante Demens
Galactic Trade Commission
Dante Demens

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:14 pm

maybe he meant going out of the hyperion. it was blatantly said he was in before anyway, so i think its just a mistake from him, happens to all of us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Right. Just hang on a second guys, this is going a bit far don't you think?

I realise that I'm not the DM of this RP and by no means in charge but I have to say something about this. In spite of the speed we know blast-doors close in the Star Wars universe, when a lock-down was (apparently) instigated, Dante managed to make it down a floor, through the foyer and out of the club - which I could overlook in the name of inter-guild relations. But expecting to be able to just waltz back in soon afterwards is asking a bit much imo.

The Hyperion is exclusive and unassailable. It's a mob-run business with the money and influence to have security as tight as a nun's whatsit. Sloppy security would be a reflection on the club's owner and there's no way E.P.O.C.H. would allow anyone a chance to make fools of them.

So this is a general personal plea from myself which goes out to all participants, guild members and guests alike: Can we tighten up the RP please? Yes open roleplays need allowances made, but I honestly feel we need to raise the quality of RP at the Hyperion to a level more consistent with the rest of the RP carried out on our forums. It's not a race; we need to slow things down, pay attention, take our time and allow the DM a chance to direct his horde of NPCs when events escalate/cool down. I've seen a lot of activity which I personally would call godmodding which I would say needs to stop.

Cheers,
Red
Back to top Go down
Dante Demens
Dante Demens

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 pm

in this case redwatch, i think its mostly because the incident was never really meant, things escalated and we all want it done with quickly so things return back to normal
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am

But this is supposed to be roleplay, it's supposed to be realistic... Hmm... I reckon that we should have Carl say that Dante is allowed, I'm off to roleplay using his characteristics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:04 am

*Redwatch blows a ref's whistle

I'm beginning to get vexed now. I've only just said about godmodding and then I read this:

Harlequin2 wrote:
Zhorin walked up to Dante, flanked by Morastus and Svent. He was not happy about being woken from his slumber and pulled back onto duty, and even less happy about his orders. This man has nearly killed on of his bretheren and deserved to be shot, but orders were orders. Now in his human form, he blended in well with the other people, and so he noted the slight surprise when he spoke to Dante.

"I've been told from higher up," He pointed with his thump skywards, "You're allowed in, but no funny buisness - now get out of my sight" Zhorin added a snarl with the last comment and motioned Svent and Morastus to make room for Dante and his accomplice to move through.

Again, for those not paying attention, our rules clearly state "• NO Godmoding/Bunnying (read the 'Guide To Roleplaying In MMO's' if you're not sure what this means.)".

I may be out of line in being the one to say this, and I realise that in my last post I took control over Tiana but the consequences to other characters/the story are minor at best and I gained LW's permission to extract Palu from the bar where nothing else is going on. Club security is a big deal and Dubz clearly intends playing Zhorin himself (necessitating Dante to back-pedal his own presumptuous posts):

Lunarwolf wrote:
Zhorin is still about 10 mins away, Dante - so in "post"s thats probably 10-or 20 I reckon, from the point your character left the club to when Zhorin shows up (seeing as Carl placed the call after he spoke to Falleen), you've got a little while before he shows up.

@Harl: Please stop godmodding.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:39 am

Right guys we need to slow it down 'cause I'm getting a bit confused with all the action thats going as well! As Red said it's not a race. This RP was designed for characters to meet each other and interact with very little action, or at least thats what I assume Lunarwolf designed it to be. To be honest if you haven't read the rules that LW has set up and you cause loads of violence then you have to expect the same treatment in return. Yeah I don't mind playing the 'nice guy' in this situation to get out of it but it's completely out of character for the Mysterious Falleen to do so. Normally both Skursir and Dante would be dead by now if I was playing by the book! Haha! Still, I'm willing to change things.

One thing I will say though is that from now on please read the post before yours carefully and stick to the story at hand (as it says in the RP rules), as from now on I won't be allowing any changes to be made to previous posts. I hope thats ok LW? Also if you can't stick to the RP rules for this forum then you will be removed from the story.

I hate to sound like I'm being harsh here but the Hyperion can't really carry on at the pace it's going without me stepping in.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 10:46 am

Redwatch wrote:
Club security is a big deal and Dubz clearly intends playing Zhorin himself (necessitating Dante to back-pedal his own presumptuous posts)

Well, you were the one who got annoyed that Dante could "just waltz back in". I agreed and decided to stop. I remember Lunar saying that we could take control of NPCs in some cases. I was unaware that this including Zhorin, even though he is an important character.

Lunarwolf wrote:
Zhorin is still about 10 mins away, Dante - so in "post"s thats probably 10-or 20 I reckon, from the point your character left the club to when Zhorin shows up (seeing as Carl placed the call after he spoke to Falleen), you've got a little while before he shows up.

I counted and 32, give or take one or two, posts have passed between Carl giving the call to Zhorin and me playing Zhorin.

Quote :
@Harl: Please stop godmodding.
Ok, so I godmodded. If it's annoying you so badly, I'll delete the post. But when else did I godmod? When I said that the guards went up the stairs? I made the mistake thinking that you sent a guard up the stairs instead of the waitress. I wasn't taking control of someone else's character (which is what godmodding is). What about the combat knife? My bad - but not godmodding. These are mistakes Red, please don't get angry with them, much less me, or I may as well not roleplay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 am

I apologise Harl, it’s not my intent to put you off roleplaying. I’m not trying to single you out and I’m not going to split hairs between godmodding and honest mistakes. Please let me try and explain myself:

If an RP situation arises that involves NPCs, you shouldn’t be the one directing their actions. You should limit yourself to only your own character’s thoughts and actions. It’s always for the DM to step in and decide how the NPCs react. Similarly, I don’t think it’s up to the players to write in major environmental changes (be it a cave-in, a flash flood or a lock-down [unless it’s TMF in this case]) and if that does happen it’s definitely the DM’s call as to how the changes occur, what the NPCs do in response and if/when the environment changes again or reverts back to normal.
Godmodding isn’t just taking control of another character, it’s more taking control of anything outside of your own character. Small things; fine. Controlling scores of NPCs and the environment everyone is playing in; not so cool.

Again, I’m sorry to have upset you but it’s important that you understand this.

Edit: And I would add that inserting comments into another player's dialogue in a previous post borders on godmodding too, or at least shows bad form. Having you interrupting them or even just the content/context of what you've said might have changed the course of the original dialogue or elicited a very different response from the original post. This is maybe a gray are for some, but it's not something I'd like to see happen to my characters’ conversations please.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:34 am

Quote :
Again, I’m sorry to have upset you but it’s important that you understand this
No problem Red, it's a learning curve! Very Happy

Quote :
And I would add that inserting comments into another player's dialogue in a previous post borders on godmodding too, or at least shows bad form. Having you interrupting them or even just the content/context of what you've said might have changed the course of the original dialogue or elicited a very different response from the original post. This is maybe a gray are for some, but it's not something I'd like to see happen to my characters’ conversations please.
Noted. Yet I'd certainly find it strange if I had been speaking for a very long time with no evidant respose from the other person(s). But, I will keep it in mind. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dante Demens
Dante Demens

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 3:11 pm

this is getting over the top of my head, ill "leave" the rp and stay low-profile until my presence is called for. you can all assume im waiting outside with rasper
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Sorry folks I would have replied to this sooner but I've only recently been able to get back on the site (has anyone had problems getting on all day?)

To clear a couple of things up:

1. NPC Usage: Yes, I have said people can use NPCs, and am writing their personalities to make things easier. That said, its not working entirely as I had hoped so I will say this: If anyone wants to RP a "named" NPC (I'm not talking some Rodian you just tripped over) please PM me first and let me know what you're intending to do.

2. Security / Lockdowns / Security Staff in general: It should be noted that these guys are PROs. I'm not saying the players going up against them arent, but these people deal with bounty hunters, assassins and even sith/jedi on a nightly basis. They dont take any crap of anyone and answer ONLY to Zhorin and Carl. Though the club has a "no weapons" rule, these guys CAN and WILL break limbs, put people in comas, do anything they have to, to keep the peace. So far, I think I've been pretty laid back with them, but consider this a "1 post warning." This is not a guns-blazing rp, its a social one, so please bare that in mind when posting. Similarly with the lockdown (or any other security measures) these are implimented by me (not lightly either, I might add, it takes a lot to make me do such things, I believe in players sorting these things out themselves) and if these things are put into effect, I'll let you know when they are no longer active. I'm going to overlook the lockdown in this case in the hope of keeping things moving.

3. Suggesting things to one another: We're all interested in RP'ing, and some of us have more experience than others. Please take this into consideration if you find other people's actions in the RP in conflict with your own. Similarly, don't take offence if people try to help you out by suggesting things, even if it (at first) seems negative. If you have any questions, please ask them here! this is what this thread is intended for.

Thanks for your time guys, lets tidy this up and get it back on track Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Dante Demens
Dante Demens

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Sorry folks I would have replied to this sooner but I've only recently been able to get back on the site (has anyone had problems getting on all day?)

i did, if im on the website right now its because im using another comp, pls send a pm or answer here to tell me how you solved it if you mind, im absolutely clueless on whats the prob.

as for what i did to the guards earlier on the topic, im well aware they are professionnal, and like you said, i am too. just to say dont forget dante has 45 years of heavy duty combat experience Razz

anyway, like i said, i wont be posting on the hyperion for a moment unless my presence is truely required (which it isint right now)
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 4:56 am

I'm been just fine with the website actually, it's crystal clear (with the exception that the latest topics section to the top left of the page keeps jumping, preventing me from pressing the 2nd choice).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Sorry folks, that last one ran a bit long! Inspiration hit and the full moon is my muse. Razz

Thanks go to Mr Dubz for letting me write about the lockdown. Gracias amigo! pirat
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Harly, when you spoke to Renia you made this comment:

Skursir wrote:

"It'ss a contact, she should be able to get you to Creed"

Any idea who 'she' is?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Red, I may need to have Aleena go and stand in with the Falleen's meeting before meeting Eamonn, is that ok?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Quote :
Any idea who 'she' is?
No clue mate Razz Made it up spur of the moment.
@ Lunarwolf: Can we make it Ree? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
Quote :
Any idea who 'she' is?
No clue mate Razz Made it up spur of the moment.
@ Lunarwolf: Can we make it Ree? Very Happy

hahaha how pissed off would Creed be if, in the middle of the Refa system in DS, he gets a call from Skursir going "Hey Creed, I have sssssomeone here who wantssss to sssspeak with you...." then passes Ree over!

LOL it would *not* end well, I can tell ya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Lol. Well, Liln is out of the question as Red will want me to meet her first and Aleena is out for obvious reasons. It would appear that either I'm going to have to introduce Renia to the Falleen instead, or we're going to have to get an influx of woman characters.

"Do you RP?"
"Yes"
"Do you play a woman?"
"Uh... Yeah?"
"Great, you're in!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
Red, I may need to have Aleena go and stand in with the Falleen's meeting before meeting Eamonn, is that ok?
Absolutely. He can cool his heels in the background for as long as you like.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:15 pm

LOL! I'm quite enjoying this now. We've got the Falleen being an arrogant evil b***ard, Skursir secretly hating me behind my back, Aleena clocking everyone in the room and sensing them. Now you GTC guys have arrived I can really feel the tension!! Good stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:41 pm

It's a happy night. Very Happy

I too would like to see how this tension carries out, how everyone will respond to each other's tension, and how we can possible avoid a brawl!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hyperion Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next