Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Tue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Sun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Thu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Tue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Mon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Sat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Fri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Thu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)

Sureshot (5209)

PrioryJK (2575)

Caryington (2420)

Harlequin2 (1887)

Commander Nord (1761)

Tando (1068)

Kleti (448)

nosyd (435)

Smudge (369)

Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
65%
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
18%
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Share | 

Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:57 am

Harewood wrote:

As for why this is no normal structured RP, I think I'm right in saying that it's because this is a cross-over RP. Right Harl? Although I personally don't see why that should impact on the pace of an RP^^ TopHat

Personally I can see Harly's taking it slow and I'm quite fond of the idea because I haven't really got to know the characters yet but I do feel like I'm warming to them, slowly but surely. Smile

I'm looking at it as a introduction session before we head out on the mission.

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 am

Sureshot wrote:
Harewood wrote:

As for why this is no normal structured RP, I think I'm right in saying that it's because this is a cross-over RP. Right Harl? Although I personally don't see why that should impact on the pace of an RP^^ TopHat

Personally I can see Harly's taking it slow and I'm quite fond of the idea because I haven't really got to know the characters yet but I do feel like I'm warming to them, slowly but surely. Smile

I'm looking at it as a introduction session before we head out on the mission.
And that's what Harl has explained was his intent. I personally think this is too slow and can easily be done within a directed situation, rather than waiting. I'd say you learn more about people seeing them in action, so to speak, and small talk accomplishes nothing.

An initial intro post setting up your character is always great (essential actually), but in the way that the players are carrying this RP atm means this has far more in common with the Hyperion freeform RP than say, DAtD where we were given the setting, made our first posts and then BAM!Next scene; lots of action; lots of new info to bounce off etc. And our characters got to know each other along the way.

I guess it's a question of taste in the end, but I have to say I'm surprised that people enjoy such a slow start before things get going. You live and learn though! tongue
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:18 am

Hehehe yup, it's just a case of each to their own I guess. Personally I like the small intros as Creed for example can tell from the first few moments who he is going to work well with and who he finds a bit unsavoury. I can see there are already some good bonds in the making and some bad blood brewing so it's already adding to the story. At least thats how I see it..

Next year though after things have calmed down a bit I will be expecting an action packed ride! Ooooo yeah!

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:33 am

Sureshot wrote:
Hehehe yup, it's just a case of each to their own I guess. Personally I like the small intros as Creed for example can tell from the first few moments who he is going to work well with and who he finds a bit unsavoury. I can see there are already some good bonds in the making and some bad blood brewing so it's already adding to the story. At least thats how I see it..
Yeah, but all of that was established in the first week and merely drawn out on in the following weeks (I suspect because of a lack of anything else to post about). Perhaps because you initially needed time to swap characters, you could take advantage of this, but the rest of us weren't so lucky!

Thank goodness Darth'Ishad stepped in to talk to me otherwise I'd still be standing about like a lemon, trapped in a conversation still waiting for Argyyn to reply (which still feels a little odd ignoring him standing there).

I'll shut up now, as I've made my point and now sound like I'm just bashing the RP - which is not my intent at all. I was originally merely pointing out that the lack of recent posts might be due to the RP's slow advancement. ie: don't blame the players for not wanting to post in a boring scene where their contributions aren't required to move along the plot.

silent
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:39 am

Sureshot wrote:
and some bad blood brewing so it's already adding to the story. At least thats how I see it..

*Cough!* Skursir & Aleena *Cough!*

Eh harl?

lol!

The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:50 am

Sureshot wrote:
Personally I don't have time to post in RP so Creed will have to stand there like a lemon until the new year!

He can carry the torch. Uh glowstick. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thesitharipath.guildportal.com
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:16 am

Well, I needed 2 weeks in the first place to get the Falleen out the door. But the primary reason was that I wanted people to bond in a social aspect before fighting. Bonds made in a cantina can be very different from those in the battlefield. Everyone also appears to be enjoying the situation (well, mostly) so I see no need to rush it and we will be almost instantly on the battlefield next week.

About the non-normal RP thing, it's because it's cross-guild and I value it important for us to get to know the other side and visa versa before beginning. Sharasvar for example couldn't analyse Aleena the same whilst fighting.

As for team "leaders", I was hoping that someone would self-assert themselves as ground leader, to see personalities truely flourish. Call it a different situation it you will. And about the bad blood thingy, I think there are quite a few tensions, not just Skursir and Aleena. The Thumb himself looks like a loose cannon and Keel doesn't seem to like the work buddies ^^

And agreed, I haven't heard from Argyyn in ages. I hope he hasn't dropped out on us Sad

Special Agent
Special Agent

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 am

I'll be posting tomorrow Harl, sorry I've been distracted by shiny new computer programs and work (Not to mention my brain has clocked out on me already, its left for christmas and my drolling body has been left behind).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 am

Excellent Redwatch! Thanks a lot! Okay, in light of Christmas holidays and the like, I'll let people off this week and from the 21st onwards until the 4th were things will continue until the next Saturday.

Chief Operative
Chief Operative

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:56 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
I'll let people off this week

Thanks ye slave-driver Whip

Smile

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Oooooo... Nice update Harl^^ There's someone to SLAUGHTER! lol Darth Nihilus
Back to top Go down
Sharasvar
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Meh, Vaelyndor has a tendency to pet padawans, an unforgivable sin for a Sith :-/

Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thesitharipath.guildportal.com
Darth'Ishad
The Sith'ari Path
The Sith'ari Path

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:36 am

Hope everyone had a good christmas and new years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 am

Definately! Very Happy Update will be on Saturday as per norm.

Chief Operative
Chief Operative

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:41 am

Can I just check I have the teams right?

h2 wrote:
"The EPOCH'ss job iss to provide recon and enforcement to the main ssearch party, along with sspecialiist dutiess. asss ssuch, you will be ssplit into two forcess. Darth'Ishad, Aleena Fel, Eamonn Keel and "The Thumb" will be moving first to clear the area." With a button press, a red arrow materialised on the hologram, moving from one point through to a blurred area in the north west.
"You will be moving to thiss hot spot, the area which has been detected to have a sstrong presence in the force, once there, you will ssplit into three teams. Vaelyndor, Creed, "Charada" and Void-Dallos will proceed north. Sharassvar, Aleena and "The Thumb" will move ssouth bound while Argyyn, Darth'Ishad, Jylan and Eamonn Keel will proceed wesst."

So

Team 1 = Darth'Ishad, Aleena, Eamonn & The Thumb (scouting)

then

Team 1 = Vaelyndor, Creed, Charada and Void-Dallos (north)
Team 2 = Sharassvar, Aleena, The Thumb (south)
Team 3 = Argyyn, Darth'Ishad, Jylan and Eamonn (west)

Once we reach our secondary objective point

Is that right?

Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Yep. People not on the scouting team will be on standby until the team clear out the area. The transport will then move the rest of the crew over to the scouting party and you will proceed from there. I did believe that this would be complicated, but I hope that this has cleared it up Smile

Chief Operative
Chief Operative

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:31 pm

nah thats cool, cheers bud.

I'll prob end up posting early tomorrow now though, its gotten late and I have a few things to do before joining the land of nod.

Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:42 am

I've decided that only the scouts have to post this week. Any other posts are optional. This trend may continue onto next week as well depending on how we go but I stress that you must at least check up on the RP because your character may well be chosen to help out the scouts and in only a bit everyone's character will be needed to move out. There are some people who have not posted in a while which is worrying. If you are one of those people please make an effort to post at least something to keep the ball rolling. Thanks.

Special Agent
Special Agent

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:12 am

Posted Harl, I decided to go with a bit of dream but not a nice one, sorry its late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:29 pm

I've not taken my post all the way up to the attack, Harl, in case anyone wants to fill in any of their character's interactions between leaving the ship up to then. Plus I thought that since we'd detect the attacker before he reached us people might want to place themselves and describe their own readiness.

I also didn't want to hog all the violence and proceed to dominate the first slice of action! Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Btw H2, I appreciate Hare put some words in Aleena's mouth in that last post but he contacted me via pm before to make sure it was ok. I don't want anyone to suspect god-modding, however slight Smile

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Ooops! Forgot to mention that - thanks for pointing that out mate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Ah, that's fine, as long as it's been noted before hand. As for the step back, it's also fine so much as people don't get confused by the progression of events.

Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:12 am

I'm afraid that I can't update this week because the scouting group haven't responded to my previous update, and several people have not made their weekly post. I am now giving out final warnings to Argryyn and warnings to Void-Dallos and Charada.

Chief Operative
Chief Operative

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:13 am

I'm a little confused...

You posted last on Jun09 h2 (as the padawan) and since then repsonses have come in from Keel, The Thumb and Darth'Ishad.

I've still to post today, but seeing as updates are every saturday then technically I have till midnight tonight for it to still count as Saturday? am I missing something here?

EDIT: I'll be updating in a few hours btw.

PostSubject: Re: Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)   

Back to top Go down

Pathway to Stone Discussion Thread (Members of E.P.O.C.H & The Sith'ari Path Only)
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next