The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b10About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b11About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b10About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b11About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b1065%About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b106%About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b1018%About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b106%About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b100%About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

About "Voice Of The Resistance!"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Empty
PostSubject: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:00 am

Hopefully one or two of you may have noticed my "in-game news cast" Voice of the Resistance! over at The Galactic Republic Department.

This is meant to be the observations and thoughts of some of some annonymous Posters/Bloggers (or SW's equivilent of them as such a thing is never mentioned but highly likely to exist) who discuss and dissect the legitimacy of a series of Text-based "HoloCasts" that are successfully escaping Coruscant detailing some of the details of Sith-Occupied Coruscant (or what "Sahno Darnn" believes is an occupation).

I will be updating these HoloCasts on a semi-regular basis (being too regular in their broadcasts would make the source more easily tracable and therefore a bad thing!) and am perfectly happy to continue to write the opinions and arguments of the Bloggers to go with each HoloCast.

However, I thought It might be a laugh if some of you might want to join in with this.
The thread is currently locked and will remain so until a little while before the 3rd HoloCast. I will be writing one more and taking control of all the Bloggers for the next HoloCast, but after that I will be opening it all up.

Basically, if you want to get involved in some mini RP, I'll be opening control over 'Tallac_188', 'Jump~Quartz', 'Mainframe6', 'BanthaHater66' and 'OracleOfTaris' over to players here. In other words, you'll be "role-playing" these bloggers responses to The HoloCasts.

Although they have initial "personalities", you're welcome to mold and shape these in response to the 'Casts and each others reactions, just in the same way as our opinions change here as players.

If any of you are interested in doing this, please reply to this thread (which can also be used as a general discussion Thread for the HoloCasts incidently), and all you need to do is when you write your responses "in-chartacter" simply start with (for example) 'Tallac_188 Wrote:' Followed by what you think Tallac_188 would write, based on his profile below.

So who are these "Bloggers"? They're annonymous, but we can get at least some information...

Tallac_188:
Is skeptical, but not close-minded. Though his species and location are unknown, he is opinionated and doesn't like people making stupid mistakes (he's not above throwing sarcastic comments around). This points to him having either high self-confidence or a general distain for most others, he considers himself quietly superior to most, but still listens to their thoughts, to prove them wrong if nothings else.

Jump~Quartz - Blogger spot Taken: PRIORYJK
Though he seems quick to argue and even to berate others, Quartz seems to be a protagonist and throws in "spanners-in-the-works" to make people think or motivate another train of thought. Chances are he is one of the heaviest posters on The Republican Free Thinkers page and will often defend the least considered idea / opinion simply to play 'devils advocate'

Mainframe6
Not for the faint-hearted roleplayer, Mainframe6 has a very disjointed and often difficult to discern writing pattern (see his post, above) which stems from only a very general understanding of Galatic Basic. His main language is Binary (Indicating he is most likely a Droid, possible Protocol or any other type given the freedom to do such things), and he is liable to slip into Binary without thinking at times. His responses are almost always logical and non-emotionally driven, which serve to pull topics back on track a lot of the time.

BanthaHater66
Hot-headed, passionate and easily offended, Bantha is also one of the most motivated of the group and finds the others considerably "asleep" and "stuffy". Chances are he is either slightly younger than the others or concerns himself with activities that require quick-thinking and fast reactions, such as a criminal or cyber-hacker. Though his species is difficult to discern, his use of slang points to him being 'one of the masses'.

OracleOfTaris
The Self-prolaimed "Oracle" of Taris is most likely (but not definately) based somewhere on the world of the same name. He/She posts little, but is often more lengthy in repsonse, taking time over what he/she writes and not making snap judgements. There is a defiante air of superiority about the Oracle, as if this Blogger feels like he/she is "guiding" the others in their wayward antics.

For the record, I'll be playing Witness101 on this one.

So, any takers?

EDIT: Open to "New Recruits" Rank and above.

Last edited by Lunarwolf on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:08 am

Ooo! Oooo! Me please! Me! *thrusting pointed forefinger as high in the air as I can stretch*
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:10 am

You'd be more than welcome Red - first come, first served and all that jazz...

Which blogger have you got your eye on?

EDIT: Moved this to "Roleplaying Discussion and Signup" seeing as it looks like some roleplaying may be involved Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:30 am

Yesss!! *pumps arm in victory*

Um, I haven't thought about which one I'd like to play. I got excited at the opportunity and jumped the gun. I started reading the original thread posts thinking "What the hell is this all about?" but by the end was like, "That's really cool!"

So I’ve re-read “Voice of the Resistance!”, can I be Mainframe6 please? That looks like a larf!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:34 am

Gawd you're a brave one. Okay-dokie mate, Mainframe6 it is - I'll update things for ya on the main page.

Just a reminder, there will be 1 more HoloCast followed by me running the bloggers, then a third HoloCast will crop up and its open season Very Happy

Also, nice to see you start reading my stuff with "what the hell is this?" lol
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Anyone else up for this?

C'mon peoples! I know you're all Roleplayers, else why would you be here, hmmmmm? alien
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm up for it and its a great idea LW I'll go with Jump~Quartz "devils advocate " Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm

Cool - Thanks Priory.

Yeah, I like Quartz - he's a troublemaker and is always getting Bantha's goat up Very Happy

I'll adjust the main top thread.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 am

Second HoloCast of "Voice of the Resistance" is up, just working on the responses now...
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 6:02 am

Great work!! I keep missing these mainly cause they're in the republic section, maybe our sith officer can do something like this!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 7:34 am

PrioryJK wrote:
Great work!! I keep missing these mainly cause they're in the republic section, maybe our sith officer can do something like this!

Aye thats sounds fun; but we need a Sith Officer first!
Maybe rather than "Voice of The Resistance" it could be "Boot of the Empire" Very Happy

Oh, whilst I'm here:

UPDATE:

Voice of The Resistance #3 will be up Friday night.
RP'ers that are involved can then respond (in character) and join the other bloggers - as of Friday July 10th the thread will no longer be locked but I would please ask people not involved in the RP to post in that particular thread as it is considered In-character only.

Current players so far are:

Redwatch as Mainframe66

PrioryJK as Jump~Quartz

Ta!

Last edited by Lunarwolf on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 7:43 am

I think I'm actually going to pull out of this one Mr Dubz, sorry. It does seem like a lot of fun but my backlog of arty-farty stuff is getting alarmingly large! So Mainframe6 is back up for grabs folks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:35 am

awwww okies chap, I know you're stupid-busy, I understand.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 3:11 am

Apologies for not updating VoTR as I was meant to on Friday, had a mini-emergency here (don't worry, nobody died!)

I'll update it when I get to work this evening (Sunday), it should be up before midnight.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 4:02 am

looking forward to it Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Latest HoloCast of Voice of The Resistance is now up and PrioryJK you are now free to step in and 'blog' as Jump~Quartz.

Anyone else is also welcome to speak as one of the other bloggers (except Witness101) so long as they remain true to the character, and state their intention to do so here first.

The thread is now unlocked until further notice as well.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:14 pm

I've altered the part of the HoloCast that reads

"The Sith order is old and well-established, with Jedi HoloCron information dating back as far as 7,000 BBY (there were hints of even older records in their mainframe but I was unable to access these before the Temple was destroyed), which details a war between The Jedi and our current taskmasters."

To

"The Sith order is old and well-established, with Jedi HoloCron information dating back over three thousand years (there were hints of even older records in their mainframe but I was unable to access these before the Temple was destroyed), which details a war between The Jedi and our current taskmasters."

As it suddenly occured to me that the people living in 3,653 BBY wouldn't actually call it BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin") because this is a past-tense description of the time period. Nor would they call it 0 BTC/ 0 ATC because this was a term that was, again, not coined until later.

I'm not actually sure what they themselves would call their current time (I suppose we call ours simply "2009" or "2009 A.D" if written), so I went for the safe option!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:53 am

That was such a nerd post rabbit

lol nah I read it myself and wondered why you were in BBY time, they do have a time section on wookie maybe chack that out?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:20 am

Well, there's the Galactic Standard Calendar, but again this doesn't mention what people would have referred to things at the time dealing instead with BBY and BTC / ATC/

If anyone does find anything on their travels please let me know!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 am

SHORT ANNOUNCEMENT

I am sorry to announce I have closed 'Voice Of The Resistance!" due to inactivity and a seeming lack of interest.

It seems an apt point seeing as the broadcasts appear to have been mysteriously blocked and Witness101 has 'vanished'.

I may re-open this project at a later date if there is renewed interest and people wish the get involved, but for now the thread has been locked down.

I'd like to say a quick thank-you to everyone who took the time to read it and especially to PrioryJK for getting involved.

- L-Dubz.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:20 am

Aw, that's a shame. Though I didn't get involved, I liked reading those reports - they really were fun. Still, I can understand why you would close it to a degree...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About "Voice Of The Resistance!"   About "Voice Of The Resistance!" Empty

Back to top Go down

About "Voice Of The Resistance!"
Page 1 of 1