The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Roleplayers Unite! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Roleplayers Unite! EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Roleplayers Unite! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Roleplayers Unite! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Roleplayers Unite! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Roleplayers Unite! EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Roleplayers Unite! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b10Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b11Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b10Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b11Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b1065%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b106%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b1018%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b100%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Roleplayers Unite!

Go down 
+2
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
6 posters

Are You Interested In Starting/Participating In Some Forum RP?
Yes, I'd love to start my own roleplay
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b100%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes I would like to particpate in some fresh RP
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b1046%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 46% [ 6 ]
I'm new to the concept and I'd like to try it out (please let us know below if this is your answer)
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b1015%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 15% [ 2 ]
I'm currently already running and/or particpating in forum RP so I would like to focus on that
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b1015%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 15% [ 2 ]
Participating in or running forum roleplay doesn't interest me.
Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b1023%Roleplayers Unite! Vote_b12
 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:22 am

After a great suggestion from PrioryJK I think it'd be a good idea to see if anyone would like to start or particpate in some new play by post roleplay.

I am getting the impression that some members think of it as a bit of a daunting task and even a bit nerve-racking because they don't want to ruin it. Anyway I thought it might be handy to give out some guidleines that I use for starting RP:

1. Think of a good concept:

This is the most important part of running any RP. If players get bored quickly then you'll lose their interest and the RP will die, which we don't want to see now do we? Hehe! What I normally do is find inspiration from movies, books, computer games or anything I have avalable to me. "Doom Amongst the Dunes" for example popped into my mind after watching a survival programme called Bear Grylls - Born Survivor and then I had the thought of how cool it would be to have a disaster style roleplay where all our heroes (and villians) crashland into the burning hot deserts of Tattoine, where they are plunged into a fight for survival.

2. Give players plenty of freedom:

I'm not sure how others go about this but I like to give people participating plenty of freedom to choose what they want to do, or at least I think I do! You have to remember though that the flow of the story is the most important aspect so if players start to detract too far from your original idea then you will have to step in and move the story where you originally planned it to go.

3. Be ahead of the game:

Another important thing to keep track of is too remember to have it already etched in your mind where you want the story to be heading. I like to keep at least 2 steps ahead in planing because if you start to plan more then you'll just end up getting confused and not to give each scene the attention it deserves, which in turn can make the RP "muddy".

4. Use this section of the forums to discuss your RP:

That what this section of our guild forums is here for! SRemember to start your own thread for your RP where you can discuss it and talk about the finer points and what you do or don't like. Please remember to respect the author/games masters wishes though as it is his or her right to hav ethe final decision on things. Also, don't give away too much of what you have planned in the roleplay as it's best to keep peopel wondering what is going to happen next.

5. Follow Star Wars Lore:

This is also very important! Please remember to check that your RP is lore-friendly and sticks with the Star Wars canon. One mistake I often make is getting the time perods mixed up, so you may need Wookieepedia to help iron out any niggling little details.

6. Go with the flow and enjoy yourself:

Once you really get into things it really is a great laugh. I think everyone in the guild remembers the chaos that happened at the end of the "Swollen Shaak Cantina" and hell I didn't have any of that planned!! (You bunch of psycho's! Razz). Remember to keep updating your RP as well if you feel it's gone a bit stale. Maybe adding in a big and exciting twist in the plot can keep things flowing nicely if all else fails. Honestly though the most important factor is to have fun.

Last edited by Sureshot on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:25 am

As much as I LURVE RP, I voted for "already in an RP and would like to focus on that" because I'm running DS and am playing in both DaTD and RoTC.

However, if I wasn't, I would have signed up for another cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:27 am

Thats cool I voted the same. I just haven't got enough time to run the guild and start yet another play by post lol!
Back to top Go down

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 am

I chose the 'fresh RP' option, though "not running one (yet) but happy with the three I'm in" is more accurate! lol

For anyone who feels intimidated by play-by-post I'd suggest skimming through the moderate disaster that ended the Swollen Shaak, and also the other ongoing RPs, then check over the discussion threads relating to them. You'll soon see that all of us are making mistakes and loosing the plot and not knowing what to do and rib eachother about it all the time! We can't all be up and coming novelists like our LW here, but we can all have fun and get to know each others characters, which is the whole point really. I like the fact that my little invented peeps are helping build guild history. If that seems a bit odd, I don't give hoot. lol! It gives me my happies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:13 am

I'm new to the concept and I'd like to try it out

I've only posted 3 times in RP here so I'm not that experienced but I'd still be interested in setting up a RP Smile
Lets hope some more people sign up for it
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:28 am

Willing but currently without much inspiration and busy with many problems in my life right now! Sad

Also spending much time with my little ones and my lady... king queen
Back to top Go down
http://owl68.hyves.nl
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:29 am

Someone voted for "Participating in or running forum roleplay doesn't interest me." ?!?!

I thought that was thrown in for a laugh! This is an RP guild, right?
Back to top Go down

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:51 am

I think I would give it a try if a new one was made but I've never RP'd in a forum before so I usually stay clear of them.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Someone voted for "Participating in or running forum roleplay doesn't interest me." ?!?!

I thought that was thrown in for a laugh! This is an RP guild, right?

I'm a bit shocked that someone actually voted that!!! Then again the poll could've done with a few more questions. Something like "I enjoy reading RP on the forums but would prefer not to take part" would've been a good example. C'mon on then fess up....who voted the last option? Razz

But yeah I agree, that is odd. Someones got a shock coming to them when they get in game haha! Just kidding but we are gonna be pretty hardcore RPers when the game goes live! I was roleplaying with Tando and Mai yesterday for nearly half a day and it was fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:15 am

Sureshot wrote:
I was roleplaying with Tando and Mai yesterday for nearly half a day and it was fantastic!

Shame I missed that! (Bloody motorbikes...) Using the Dwarf/Hobbit/Wizard/Marblecollector?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:24 am

Nah Gray has worked out an awesome storyline where he's come back from Lindon to take his sister (Bellethriel aka Mai) to the Grey Havens because as we know the time of Elves is over. Needless to say Belle didn't want to leave as she wanted to protect and stay with the Neránians and muggins here became the middle man in an elf "debate" (or full blown big earred hissy fit I shoudl say haha!). The argument was f00kin' great and was probably one of the best mini RP events I've ever had on that server. Awesome stuff!

p.s. Have you seen my marbles? I've lost them. Razz
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:30 am

I voted for, 'Yes I would like to particpate in some fresh RP'. I'll give it my best. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:33 am

@ Sure:
Sounds ace!

I like when elves argue because regardless of gender there is lots of hissy fits, pulling of hair and scratching followed by "not the face! NOT THE FACE!!!"

Hopefully we can get the two of them to put something on the site about it, even if it is only in their Kin Journals...

@ Nosyd: That's the spirit! I always enjoy doing role-playing with things like this, gives the characters way more depth and its great when you get people who "don't think they can do it" really coming out of their shell and surprising everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:38 am

PrioryJK wrote:
I'm new to the concept and I'd like to try it out

I've only posted 3 times in RP here so I'm not that experienced but I'd still be interested in setting up a RP Smile
Lets hope some more people sign up for it

That would be SO cool if you could dude. The boss supports this idea fully! Wink

Well according to the poll a few people are interested in joining so you shoudl be fine. Any ideas one what you're going to base it on or am I jumping the gun?!

Artekus wrote:
I think I would give it a try if a new one was made but I've never RP'd in a forum before so I usually stay clear of them.

Glad to hear it mate. It's worth giving it a try at least. If anything it'll be really interesting to see your character in action.

Nosyd wrote:
I voted for, 'Yes I would like to particpate in some fresh RP'. I'll give it my best. Smile

Thanks mate. I'm really happy to see people taking to the idea a bit more. Smile
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:13 am

Quote :
That would be SO cool if you could dude. The boss supports this idea fully!

Well according to the poll a few people are interested in joining so you shoudl be fine. Any ideas one what you're going to base it on or am I jumping the gun?!

I've had a few ideas but I thought I'd construct something to get together some new mains, I hav'nt had chance to write mine yet like most of the new guys so this way we could get them all together, maybe at the end we could segway the affair into the Falleen's attention?

I just read through the Swollen shack and I'll read through the other 2 RPs today maybe come up with an outline tomorrow, but it'll probably be set on Nar Shaddaa and be about betrayal and subterfuge Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:17 am

PrioryJK wrote:

I've had a few ideas but I thought I'd construct something to get together some new mains, I hav'nt had chance to write mine yet like most of the new guys so this way we could get them all together, maybe at the end we could segway the affair into the Falleen's attention?

I just read through the Swollen shack and I'll read through the other 2 RPs today maybe come up with an outline tomorrow, but it'll probably be set on Nar Shaddaa and be about betrayal and subterfuge Twisted Evil

This sounds fantastic mate. I'm interested already! If you need the "Man with the plan" to make an appearance I'd be happy too. Nar Shadaa is a great setting as well. Good choice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:10 pm

I would love a never ending RP running on the forums when we could use our (expected) in-game characters. People could enter and leave as we please. It would be a good way to develop characters and relationships between them.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Yeah thats not a bad idea mate. That was original plan for the "Swollen Shaak" RP , well that and an intro, so it maybe an idea if we have "Return To The Swollen Shaak" or something similar and this time keep it going permanantly. Each charactercan feel free to walk in anytime of the of the day and night and maybe players could even invent NPC's for us to chat to?

Another idea would be to use it as a social place only (aka no blaster fire unless its outside), Hey, maybe we could buy the place from Daxx and use it as a hideout....hehe!

Ideas.....ideas!
Back to top Go down

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Godjera wrote:
I would love a never ending RP running on the forums when we could use our (expected) in-game characters. People could enter and leave as we please. It would be a good way to develop characters and relationships between them.

Yeah, I agree that's a nice idea but I can't see how it could ever work. As a propper RP, that is. As the currently stalling RPs attest to, having three or four people wait for weeks for a fifth person to grace the developments with their by then badly needed presence just kills RP. Even popping in and out will eventually require a wait for a response from another person (the more people, the more likely), unless each post is a stand alone comment which sort of defeats the purpose of group RP in my opinion.

But a rolling IC chat to pop in and out of sounds more like what you guys are talking about?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Redwatch wrote:

But a rolling IC chat to pop in and out of sounds more like what you guys are talking about?

Aye thats more what I had in mind, and I'm assuming Godjera was thinking along the same lines. Just a non-stop, no pressure or REAL story driven RP which everyone can enjoy. If it falls apart through lack of commitment then someone can always come back in and pick it up again using different characters. Thats why I reckon a highly social enviroment might be nice, as we're never out of people to talk to if a member decides to give in.

I don't mind jumping in there in mid sentence saying something like...

*[name of character] finishes his drink, looks at his datapad and then leaves the cantina in a hurry* if people start to get slack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplayers Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplayers Unite!   Roleplayers Unite! Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplayers Unite!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The E.P.O.C.H Agency :: ROLE-PLAYING FORUMS :: Roleplay Discussion & Sign-Ups-
Jump to: