The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b10Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b11Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b10Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b11Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b1065%Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b106%Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b1018%Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b106%Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b100%Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Right well that sucks mightly.

*Walks off in a huff*

Seriously the faction thing has destroyed that otherwise awesome update. Crying or Very sad

Ah well the Sith are cool so here I come!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Sureshot wrote:
((Changed the title again mate, hope that's ok?))

Razz He keeps beating you to the punch Boss! lol

But that update annoyed the hell out me. It wasn't an update but a two fingers up at the outcry of faction specific ...ness...

I can see why he's gone about structuring the game the way he has and I'm sure replayability will be awesome but to me that's a really **** reason to implement such huuuuge restrictions. It's a flawed premise that I'm surprised he's gotten away with. bounce
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Ah well, thats just dropped it from "could have been awesome" to "its just a game" for me.

Never mind, time for me to lower my expectations, ignore my "star wars fantasy" hopes and get ready for SW:G II: Nights of The Same Republic.

/sigh.

Thank the gods for you lot, thats all I can say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:

*Redwatch raises his brimming glass.

Here, here!
(Here, hair, here??)

And...
Lunarwolf wrote:
SW:G II: Nights of The Same Republic.

ROFLMAO!!!11 I am soooo gonna nick that! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Redwatch wrote:

ROFLMAO!!!11 I am soooo gonna nick that! Razz

You're more than welcome Red, though I was distracted/annoyed when I wrote it; it was meant to read "Nights of the Same Old Republic" - you're also welcome to that one. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 4:42 pm

I think that on guild's front and many others that this entry does ****. It relegates the majority of our guild to have to play for the Sith Empire and that will cause a lot of problems for everyone else's characters--Nex's and H2Whoa's in particular.

And given the parameters that Daniel has just laid out for us, I don't think a guild, especially a guild of our desired capacity, would work being split in two (at least in game).

But, objectively, looking at this as an overall game, this opens up a lot of opportunity for making alts--one of my favorite parts of playing any MMORPG is playing all of it--each character will truly be different and there will finally be a tangible reason to play both sides of the campaign.

I know it's far from time to make any solidified decision. But at this point in time my opinion is that our guild should be Sith-based, with those that are applicable playing as good guys in a bad place and, especially in Aliendra's case, good guys will be much needed on the bad sideWas planning on having to double post, but I wanted to make the above post look more professional, SS-style. But then my power went out.

I think that on guild's front this entry does suck (Do I still have to bleep that?). It relegates the majority of our guild to have to play for the Sith Empire and that will cause a lot of problems for everyone else's characters--Nex's and H2Whoa's in particular.

And given the parameters that Daniel has just laid out for us, I don't think the guild, especially a guild of our desired capacity, would work being split in two (at least in game).

But, objectively, looking at this as an overall game, this opens up a lot of opportunity for making alts--one of my favorite parts of playing any MMORPG is playing all of it--each character will truly be different and there will finally be a tangible reason to play both sides of the campaign.

I know it's far from time to make any solidified decision. But at this point in time my opinion is that our guild should be Sith-based, with those that are applicable playing as good guys in a bad place and, especially in Aliendra's case, good guys will be much needed on the bad side.

Redwatch wrote:
*Redwatch raises his brimming glass.

Here, here!
(Here, hair, here??)

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 1:12 am

Hehe, H2Woah... Very Happy

Seriously though, this post is awesome, if upsetting. It's not only added padding for the Bounty Hunter class, but it's put it in a parcel and deleivered it to us. We know how the came will start in the beginning, the options that you will receive and it confirms it's Sith-status (as I'm sure many have already deciphered). But hang in there! He mentioned a possible Republic bounty hunter. Perhaps it's a Republic Kill-team guy (which is what I want my character to be), and then we can break away.

I've made the decision that my character will go were the guild goes. Skursir started off as a Republic Commando and then dropped out, becomming a bounty hunter. If we go Republic, it'll be when Skursir joined up and is already fighting for then (but he'll drop out later and act as a Bounty Hunter). If he goes Sith, then he'll start at the point that he left and has just one contact who things he has promise. I'm not sure that Nex can find a way around both factions though.

And I do say "Here, here" to Black Heart's post above, he's nailed the points efficiently and has said how this update may affect the guild. We can't and won't slipt up, we'll be on the same server on the same faction. We're supposed to be a close-knit band of Chuck Noris imitators, not like pikmin running around seperately. We will find a solution to this in the end. Some people may miss out and some people may gain. But being in such a good guild, among friends is sure to make up for all that.

Signed,
H2Woah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:43 am

Huh... well that sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:01 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Ah well, thats just dropped it from "could have been awesome" to "its just a game" for me.

Never mind, time for me to lower my expectations, ignore my "star wars fantasy" hopes and get ready for SW:G II: Nights of The Same Republic.

/sigh.

LW i lost this when the BH was announced as a class. It just felt like "another lousy game" after that for me. Sad. But i have a great guild and i'm sticking around to see what happens. Smile

Anyone noticed how much they contradict themselves in this update? A bounty hunter is "his own man" but somehow he HAS to align with sith? How does this make him "his own man"? Pathetic explanation of a arbitrary choice of sides no game needs. Especially not SW.

Bah... No neutrality? C'mon... Wish they took another way with this game...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 am

Just because we are Sith doesn't mean we won't be able to take jobs against both sides, the Sith always try to kill eachother, and i'm pretty sure the crimelords of SWTOR will have the same kind of mentality.
The Republic used spies more than bounty hunters really, and i can't see Jedi ordering hits on Sith Empire members because it would be against there code.
I think the devs are siding the BH with the sith so that Jedi cannot set player bounties(if they are implemented, and i hope they are) i believe they're forcing a limitation on the Galactic Republic characters to 'STAY HONEST' so to speak.
I think the Republic equivalent of the BH will be the Smuggler, as Smugglers don't exactly follow the rules, but they also don't take contracts to kill.
This is the main thing that puts BH on the Sith side, this will still allow people who always want to play on the side of good to be a Rogue,the 'i'm a badass, that chooses to do good' type of character.

Last edited by Onjo Xaala on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:55 am

it was not the update i was hoping, but no neutrality was not a big shock
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Lord_Nord wrote:
it was not the update i was hoping, but no neutrality was not a big shock

Yeah, it is Star Wars after all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Onjo Xaala wrote:
Just because we are Sith doesn't mean we won't be able to take jobs against both sides, the Sith always try to kill eachother, and i'm pretty sure the crimelords of SWTOR will have the same kind of mentality.
The Republic used spies more than bounty hunters really, and i can't see Jedi ordering hits on Sith Empire members because it would be against there code.
I think the devs are siding the BH with the sith so that Jedi cannot set player bounties(if they are implemented, and i hope they are) i believe they're forcing a limitation on the Galactic Republic characters to 'STAY HONEST' so to speak.
I think the Republic equivalent of the BH will be the Smuggler, as Smugglers don't exactly follow the rules, but they also don't take contracts to kill.
This is the main thing that puts BH on the Sith side, this will still allow people who always want to play on the side of good to be a Rogue,the 'i'm a badass, that chooses to do good' type of character.

Well if there are player bounties in the game... Wouldn't it make them only sith side now that we know BH are in game? And you seriously think you'll be able to attack people on your own side? I seriously doubt that and i think you're expecting to much from this game...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:18 pm

I know it is expecting too much, i was just saying that sith are not a big happy family, and that most of the time Sith are responsible for more Sith deaths than jedi are.
So really Sith not being able to betray one another would remove a major part of the competition for many of the Sith Empire based classes.

(This was copied and pasted from paragraph 9 of the update by bioware)
At the heart of the Bounty Hunter story is the hunt itself. Smugglers, Jedi, Sith, rebel leaders, rogue droids, assassins, entire gangs or embezzling underlings, the Bounty Hunter takes them all down.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Inter-factional marks then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:40 am

I agree with Aliendra that it is wishful thinking, but i definitely hope they do implement some kind of Inter-Factional competition.
The developers ownly said that you would be Sith Empire or Galatic Republic, they didn't say their would be no 'inhouse fighting' so to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 4:47 am

Onjo Xaala wrote:
I know it is expecting too much, i was just saying that sith are not a big happy family, and that most of the time Sith are responsible for more Sith deaths than jedi are.
So really Sith not being able to betray one another would remove a major part of the competition for many of the Sith Empire based classes.

At the heart of the Bounty Hunter story is the hunt itself. Smugglers, Jedi, Sith, rebel leaders, rogue droids, assassins, entire gangs or embezzling underlings, the Bounty Hunter takes them all down.

And still BH is sith allied class. I said this article is full of contradiction. I wish inner faction fighting was in... But it doesn't sound right for a faction based game though.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:40 am

Aliendra wrote:
Onjo Xaala wrote:

And still BH is sith allied class. I said this article is full of contradiction. I wish inner faction fighting was in... But it doesn't sound right for a faction based game though.

Here, here! Everytime Daniel 'I don't know anything about Star Wars lore' Erickson opens his gob he contradicts himself. I have a feeling we will be taking down NPC's on the same faction but not PC's. Still, I hadn't noticed that before Onjo so good find. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:41 am

We can kill same faction NPCs, it's been confirmed Smile

Bioware has said that Sith can kill there masters in a turn of events (controlled by the player), and you can also kill your companion, so you can kill same-faction NPCs. It's yet to be said though it you can or cannot kill PCs of the same faction. Don't be wound up about this, they still haven't straightforwardly said anything about the matter, so for now, we should leave it alone and rant about the Bounty Hunters on the Sith side Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion   Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Bounty Hunter Developer Blog Discussion
Page 1 of 1